Disney's Palm Golf Course

Year Built 1971
Architect Joe Lee (1971) Rocky Roquemore Arnold Palmer (2013)

Carts Yes - included in green fees (with GPS)

Dress code Proper golf attire consists of a polo-style shirt with collar, turtleneck or mock turtleneck shirt, and slacks or Bermuda-length shorts.

Disney

Very nice layout. Very playable from multiple sets of tees. We were in the first group and played in 3 hours 30 minutes. Greens were in very good shape. Price was comparable to other courses in the Disney area. Worth the trip.

Not wath it used to be

Poor conditions! They should tell you when you reserve that the green have been aerated and sanded, almost unplayable. . Still they are charhing the full price! It’s the last time disney’s is going to get my money! I told my buddy we where going to play a top course......very disapointed!

Commented on 10/07/2019

Thank you for your feedback on your recent round at Walt Disney World® Golf. We apologize for the fact that your were displeased with the condition of our Palm course as it was presented to you. We hope that you will play our wonderful courses again in time to come, so we can exceed your expectations upon your next visit to Orlando.
If you would like to discuss your experience further with our management level staff, please email us at disneygolfreservations@palmergolf.com
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Course was great staff was great. Only thing that sucked for me and that is no fault of anyone than Mother Nature is that it was cart path only. Keep that in mind Incase it rains the day before your tee time. Other than that it’s great.

Excellent but tough

Palm is an excellent layout but pretty tough with lots of water hazards in play. You will need to bring your A game to score well. Greens are in great shape and putted fast and true. Favourite hole was the risk/reward par 4 13th where you have to choose between safely finding the fairway and trying to get as close to the green as possible with going in the water by taking on too much of the dog-leg.

Great Pace Of Play

Our round was exactly 4 hours.
The conditions were great greens roiled very well.
Greeters, rangers, & starters were very helpful very friendly, the gentlemen and the lady in the pro shop not so much.

Like many things, Disney does golf well!

Course was in very good shape. Nice layout and very friendly staff.

The course is a good test for players of all levels, but has generous landing areas and multiple tees to choose from.

The rates are a little stiff for non-residents (another thing that is consistently true of Disney!), but all in all it was an enjoyable experience.

Wonderful Track

As an Orlando area resident, I have played the Palm several times in the last couple of years and have always been impressed with the condition of the course. This time was no exception but for the fact the greens were the slowest I can remember. I can only assume the AP Management Group has determined that slower greens will expedite play, especially for higher handicap players. I’m not sure I agree with this school of thought as it has been my experience slow play is not so much the result of poor putters as it is golfers playing from a longer set of tees than their skill level, too many practice swings, not playing ready golf, and stubbornly insisting on holing out regardless of the number of strokes taken. Despite being slow, I must say the greens were lush and smooth and I hope to play them again when they are a faster speed. The fairways were a bit thin in places but were, overall, in very good shape as were the tees. Given the large number of players on the course, I thought the pace of play was pretty good and we finished in about 4:40. Everyone from the pro shop staff to the cart person were courteous and helpful. All in all, the Palm was a very enjoyable golf experience I hope to repeat in the near future.

Ruined by ranger

Our foursome started at 8:24 with a twosome in front of us. After 7 holes a ranger told us we were out of position. We were two holes in front of the group behind us so we did not change our pace of play. We finished the front nine in under two hours. We kept the same pace on the back nine and finished the round in under four hours. We never saw the group behind us until we were on the 18th green and they were just teeing off on 18.

Commented on 04/08/2019

Thank you for your feedback on your recent round at Walt Disney World® Golf. We apologize for the fact that your were displeased with the service that our Palm course presented you. We hope that you will play our wonderful courses again in time to come, so we can exceed your expectations upon your next visit to Orlando.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Wonderful Golf Experience

Course was even better than expected with a wonderful layout and beautiful scenery. greens were a little on the slow side but in excellent condition. I really look forward to playing here again. I've played the best courses in the area and this is a underrated one that is top level..

SLOW GREENS

Nice layout as would be expected from Disney. Was extremely disappointed with the greens, they were running at a 7 tops, and this may be generous? I am sure they could easily be better greens obviously we just hit a bad day.

Unfortunately we played and it was cart path only due to rain. Great layout and very challenging.

Nice course. Not perfect.

Course was wet from heavy rain so it was cart path only. They had just aerated so greens were bumpy but still playable. My only complaint is the cart girl has to hand enter credit card info for on the course purchases. Being there isn’t a shop at the turn, maybe they should invest in isquare or something similar to speed up the process.

Good challenge

Beautiful course, although we didn’t like the speed of the greens, they had resort course speed, but overall beautiful golf course well worth playing

Sloppy conditions

A great course with really poor drainage. It was cart path only and for good reason. Standing water on all tees and fairways. Around the greens were the worst as many greens were elevated so water would run off. All in all not the worst round but with some drainage modifications could be better.

Disney Palms

Great value for $45 on GolfNow. Great shape for the amount of rain in central Florida. Pro shop staff was not very accommodating; however cart guys were great! Greens were nice but slow; fairways were pristine. For the money I would play here over most courses in central Florida.

Greens

Great Golf outing; greens a little slow for my taste!

Kissimmee, Florida