Disney's Palm Golf Course
Scorecard for The Palm
Blue M: 73.7/131 487 421 172 405 399 409 521 197 365 3376 452 556 144 340 535 415 193 396 463 3494 6870
White M: 71.4/125 469 384 162 331 375 386 496 175 349 3127 422 530 134 328 434 396 169 360 439 3212 6339
Gold M: 69.2/118 451 367 144 308 359 363 483 139 340 2954 378 513 124 303 405 387 162 345 424 3041 5995
Red W: 70.5/126 405 319 105 291 313 300 409 116 327 2585 288 421 106 267 391 334 140 301 380 2628 5213

Year Built 1971
Architect Joe Lee (1971) Rocky Roquemore Arnold Palmer (2013)

Carts Yes - included in green fees (with GPS)

Dress code Proper golf attire consists of a polo-style shirt with collar, turtleneck or mock turtleneck shirt, and slacks or Bermuda-length shorts.

Excellent but tough

Palm is an excellent layout but pretty tough with lots of water hazards in play. You will need to bring your A game to score well. Greens are in great shape and putted fast and true. Favourite hole was the risk/reward par 4 13th where you have to choose between safely finding the fairway and trying to get as close to the green as possible with going in the water by taking on too much of the dog-leg.

Great Pace Of Play

Our round was exactly 4 hours.
The conditions were great greens roiled very well.
Greeters, rangers, & starters were very helpful very friendly, the gentlemen and the lady in the pro shop not so much.

Like many things, Disney does golf well!

Course was in very good shape. Nice layout and very friendly staff.

The course is a good test for players of all levels, but has generous landing areas and multiple tees to choose from.

The rates are a little stiff for non-residents (another thing that is consistently true of Disney!), but all in all it was an enjoyable experience.

Wonderful Track

As an Orlando area resident, I have played the Palm several times in the last couple of years and have always been impressed with the condition of the course. This time was no exception but for the fact the greens were the slowest I can remember. I can only assume the AP Management Group has determined that slower greens will expedite play, especially for higher handicap players. I’m not sure I agree with this school of thought as it has been my experience slow play is not so much the result of poor putters as it is golfers playing from a longer set of tees than their skill level, too many practice swings, not playing ready golf, and stubbornly insisting on holing out regardless of the number of strokes taken. Despite being slow, I must say the greens were lush and smooth and I hope to play them again when they are a faster speed. The fairways were a bit thin in places but were, overall, in very good shape as were the tees. Given the large number of players on the course, I thought the pace of play was pretty good and we finished in about 4:40. Everyone from the pro shop staff to the cart person were courteous and helpful. All in all, the Palm was a very enjoyable golf experience I hope to repeat in the near future.

Ruined by ranger

Our foursome started at 8:24 with a twosome in front of us. After 7 holes a ranger told us we were out of position. We were two holes in front of the group behind us so we did not change our pace of play. We finished the front nine in under two hours. We kept the same pace on the back nine and finished the round in under four hours. We never saw the group behind us until we were on the 18th green and they were just teeing off on 18.

alexforsyth79
Commented On 04/08/2019

Thank you for your feedback on your recent round at Walt Disney World® Golf. We apologize for the fact that your were displeased with the service that our Palm course presented you. We hope that you will play our wonderful courses again in time to come, so we can exceed your expectations upon your next visit to Orlando.
If you would like to discuss your experience further with our management level staff, please email us at disneygolfreservations@palmergolf.com
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Wonderful Golf Experience

Course was even better than expected with a wonderful layout and beautiful scenery. greens were a little on the slow side but in excellent condition. I really look forward to playing here again. I've played the best courses in the area and this is a underrated one that is top level..

SLOW GREENS

Nice layout as would be expected from Disney. Was extremely disappointed with the greens, they were running at a 7 tops, and this may be generous? I am sure they could easily be better greens obviously we just hit a bad day.

Unfortunately we played and it was cart path only due to rain. Great layout and very challenging.

Good challenge

Beautiful course, although we didn’t like the speed of the greens, they had resort course speed, but overall beautiful golf course well worth playing

Sloppy conditions

A great course with really poor drainage. It was cart path only and for good reason. Standing water on all tees and fairways. Around the greens were the worst as many greens were elevated so water would run off. All in all not the worst round but with some drainage modifications could be better.

Disney Palms

Great value for $45 on GolfNow. Great shape for the amount of rain in central Florida. Pro shop staff was not very accommodating; however cart guys were great! Greens were nice but slow; fairways were pristine. For the money I would play here over most courses in central Florida.

Greens

Great Golf outing; greens a little slow for my taste!

Disney Golf

Everything was good except for Golfnow reservation it took for days of phone calls to get the reservations. Then get there and was going to be charged a different rate due to lack of communication with Golfnow. Always have your reservations on your phone or printed out the only thing that saved me. Staff worked it out and had the same error for my birthday Golf day made for Saturday he also fixed that at the course. So much for the VIP services, hope they fix this reservations problem it kind of ruins a happy day at the start. John C

Arrive early

New construction on the Disney roads caused some delays and wrong turns, so plan for more time than your GPS tells you. Once you get there, everything is top quality! The course is in fantastic shape and if you can get the GolfNow $39 price, it’s the best deal in town! There is plenty of water on the course, but ample landing areas. The carts have touch screen GPS so you can plan your shot to the landing zone. This course is playable for all skill levels with only a few forced carries. A good layout for the ladies too. We look forward to coming back!

Georgia Advisor

Disney Experience on a Windy Day

Like everything at WDW, the Palm course is top-notch. Great layout, great condition. Greens are hard to read and hard to gauge. It's Florida, so lots of water and sand - not a good combo when the wind is 20-30 mph. GPS carts are (mostly) great, with interactive map to get most any distance - but the "nannying" (cart reduced to a crawl if it's somewhere they don't want to you be) was a bit irritating.

Minor quibbles: pro shop gave no info regarding range or balls. (Palm course is not near pro shop.) Not sure why Orlando and FLA residents get different rates, but GolfNow needs to find a way to filter them better. $59 isn't $115.

Windy

Everything A-OK... I have nothing bad to say .... we will be back...

Great course but slow

Course conditions were unbelievable. Greens are super hard to read but makes it fun for the more advanced golfers. Bunkers and water everywhere but with a great layout you have to bring your best golf. Played behind a foursome for the first nine that was super slow and didn’t care that we were waiting on every shot. Passed them on 10 and never saw them again. Besides that no complaints can’t wait to play again.

4.2030235294
Orlando, Florida
Winter Garden, Florida
Winter Garden, Florida
Orlando, Florida

Valid dates: May 23, 2019 - Jun 30, 2019
2 Nights lodging at the Best Western Plus of Santee (or comparable lodging partner) and play 3 Rounds of golf on Santee Cooper Resort’s two courses.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play in Golf’s Little Big Town!
Stay and Play
Summer Golf Getaway in Santee!
Stay and Play
Come play in the Olde English District!
Summer Special in Greenville, SC