Disney's Lake Buena Vista Golf Course

Year Built 1972
Architect Joe Lee (1972) Rocky Roquemore

Carts Yes - included in green fees (with GPS)

Dress code Proper golf attire consists of a polo-style shirt with collar, turtleneck or mock turtleneck shirt, and slacks or Bermuda-length shorts.

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Tennis

Not worth the Disney Prices

Unbelievable that the course conditions for “Disney” could be so bad. It was unacceptable for the money paid to play. Nothing extra which is always expected with Disney. Many other great courses in the area with much more to offer.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Thank you for your recent review of our facilities and your experience playing at Walt Disney World's Lake Buena Vista golf course.
We hope that you will change your mind, and will play our wonderful courses again in time to come, so we can exceed your expectations upon your next visit. We would like to understand what it was exactly about your experience that you felt as though it was not good value for money.
If you would like to further discuss what you encountered during your visit with our management staff, please feel free to reach out to our Leadership by emailing disneygolfreservations@palmergolf.com so that we can help resolve your residual concerns.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Greens rolled good... fairways were lush and hospitality was definitely on par for the World of Mickey... I look forward to coming back.

As always great golf experience, cart path only with all the rain but the course cant help mother nature

Terrible conditions

The course had just been aerated. Both the fairways and the greens. They had also had a lot of rain the week before So it was a complete mud pit. They did offer to try two holes and they would give the money back but what are you going to do. Golf Now should have known this and said when I booked the tee time. Terrible conditions.

They also paired us with two people which they didn’t need to do. They were nice but horrible golfers. We only played 13 holes and had to leave.

The layout is just ho hum. Nothing special. It’s Disney so the staff was nice and they tried. But the course should have been closed in my opinion.

Commented on 06/15/2020

We hope that you will change your mind, and will play our wonderful courses again in time to come, so we can exceed your expectations upon your next visit. Annually at this time of the year each of our courses go through aerification maintenance of our facilities. It is publicized on our website that our Lake Buena Vista course is in recovery mode currently.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Green was slow slow bumpy

What the green keeper doing?
Except green was good.
Please green manage team send to champions gate.
Green is superb condition. No compare to Disney's.
Please make green green smoothie and fast.

Great Conditions and Great Location

First, it's very weird not to see people or guest at Disney's resorts....kind of West World-ish. That said, the staff was in great spirits and very welcoming. What can you say about a Disney Resort course that hasn't been said except it was totally quiet and several animals to see on the course. Conditions of the course was fantastic....from tee's to green, they are not missing a beat. Only discouraging thing is if you hit in a bunker, at least try to fix the sand for the people behind you (not the staff's fault, just golf etiquette). If you're a local or a rare guest these days, play this course! You will enjoy the conditions and the challenge....that said, bring a couple of extra balls as the course can be unforgiving if you stray too far off of the fairway.

Not quiet Disney

Course in excellent shape. I find that the Palmer organization that runs the Disney courses does NOT have the same encouraging approach to young people as does the mouse. I wanted to take my grandson alone to introduce him to golf just by riding along, BUT, even with the restriction for distancing everywhere for strangers, They wanted to charge $15 just for him to ride. To me that is theft, or steeling from a golfer. Had my grandson played golf it would be different BUT, this shows how little regard the Palmer organization has in their actions.

Commented on 05/12/2020

We hope that you will change your mind, and will play our wonderful courses again in time to come, so we can exceed your expectations upon your next visit. With social-distancing measures currently in place, our carts are in higher demand than prior as most individuals are riding in a cart by themselves, therefore our Cast are cleaning and sanitizing more golf carts than ever before, and feel as though our rider fee is justified now as much as ever. The safety of our guests and staff during these unprecedented times is paramount, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our facilities again in time to come.

Best course at disney

Love this course! Once again it was in perfect shape tee to green. Very strange playing it with all he resorts closed and no boats traversing back and forth though.

Virus lockdown escape

Overall, very good experience. The staff is Disney level customer service, so totally great. Course was in good condition and it was in the 90s, so a bit warm but not oppressive. As golf is one of the approved activities during the shelter-in-place order, it was understandably busy. but not packed. The only negative comment is they allowed a 6-some out midday. We had a 10:30am tee time and the 5-some was the two groups in front of us. The looked like inexperienced players and therefore did not likely know to let groups through. But, the whole thing could have been avoided if they sent them out as two 3-somes. It's possible they did and the group simply decided to all play together once they got past the first hole, idk.
Overall, it was great to get out, fun course, great staff.

Excellent course, friendly staff, challenging track

Excellent course challenging track and friendly stall.

Maybe My Expectations Were Too High

Maybe my expectations were too high for Disney’s Lake Buena Vista. I expected lush fairways, fast spotless green, and nice Tee boxes. What I got, was average fairways, nice Tee boxes , and slow green with small weed patches. The course layout was nice, with average care at best. I played Lake Buena Vista Tuesday, 03-10-20, at 1:39. I reserved my spot the previous day, but when I arrived, I was told they had me scheduled for Thursday, 03-12-20, no problem, easily corrected by friendly staff member. However, Wednesday night I received an email confirming a Thursday tee time I did not make. I was paired with three complete strangers, and we all seemed to have the same opinion of the course, which was just average, and not worth the $112.00 for the round. I would not recommend Lake Buena Vista at this rate.

Commented on 03/13/2020

We hope that you will change your mind, and will play our wonderful courses again in time to come, so we can exceed your expectations upon your next visit to Orlando.

Not Magical

We were supposed to tee off at 2:06, We arrived early to eat lunch, hit range balls and putt. We were at the tee box at 1:50 and there was about 6 groups of carts that were in front of us. We went and checked in with the starter and gave him out ticket. He let us know that they were running a "little bit" behind. Little did we know they were running 40 minutes behind and our group didn't tee off until after 2:45. We waited on literally every single shot of the round. When we finally did see the starter on hole 8 he told us the hold up was "that there was a few groups that were playing as a six some." It was not an enjoyable day and was simply just unacceptable. I don't know whats going on with LBV it used to always be a great experience but the past few times that our group has golfed there has been a problem each time.

Commented on 03/10/2020

Great day of Golf!!!

Our foursome thoroughly enjoyed our round. Course was in great shape and pace of play excellent. The staff we interacted with were friendly, courteous and helpful. We did not make use of the amenities.

All around great day, on a great course

Lake buena vista is a tougher course for the average golfer, with blind shots and lots of water hazard. With that being said I could go out and shoot 100 and still have the time of my life. We had a slow group right in front of us and we played in just under 4 and a half hours. The course conditions were great again today, and the staff were better. I will continue to play this course every time I visit Orlando.

Public/Resort