Disney's Lake Buena Vista Golf Course

Year Built 1972
Architect Joe Lee (1972) Rocky Roquemore

Carts Yes - included in green fees (with GPS)

Dress code Proper golf attire consists of a polo-style shirt with collar, turtleneck or mock turtleneck shirt, and slacks or Bermuda-length shorts.

Virus lockdown escape

Overall, very good experience. The staff is Disney level customer service, so totally great. Course was in good condition and it was in the 90s, so a bit warm but not oppressive. As golf is one of the approved activities during the shelter-in-place order, it was understandably busy. but not packed. The only negative comment is they allowed a 6-some out midday. We had a 10:30am tee time and the 5-some was the two groups in front of us. The looked like inexperienced players and therefore did not likely know to let groups through. But, the whole thing could have been avoided if they sent them out as two 3-somes. It's possible they did and the group simply decided to all play together once they got past the first hole, idk.
Overall, it was great to get out, fun course, great staff.

Excellent course, friendly staff, challenging track

Excellent course challenging track and friendly stall.

Maybe My Expectations Were Too High

Maybe my expectations were too high for Disney’s Lake Buena Vista. I expected lush fairways, fast spotless green, and nice Tee boxes. What I got, was average fairways, nice Tee boxes , and slow green with small weed patches. The course layout was nice, with average care at best. I played Lake Buena Vista Tuesday, 03-10-20, at 1:39. I reserved my spot the previous day, but when I arrived, I was told they had me scheduled for Thursday, 03-12-20, no problem, easily corrected by friendly staff member. However, Wednesday night I received an email confirming a Thursday tee time I did not make. I was paired with three complete strangers, and we all seemed to have the same opinion of the course, which was just average, and not worth the $112.00 for the round. I would not recommend Lake Buena Vista at this rate.

Commented on 03/13/2020

Thank you for your recent review of our facilities and your experience playing at Walt Disney World's Lake Buena Vista golf course.

We hope that you will change your mind, and will play our wonderful courses again in time to come, so we can exceed your expectations upon your next visit to Orlando.

If you would like to further discuss what you encountered during your visit with our management staff, please feel free to reach out to our Leadership by emailing disneygolfreservations@palmergolf.com so that we can help resolve your residual concerns.

Not Magical

We were supposed to tee off at 2:06, We arrived early to eat lunch, hit range balls and putt. We were at the tee box at 1:50 and there was about 6 groups of carts that were in front of us. We went and checked in with the starter and gave him out ticket. He let us know that they were running a "little bit" behind. Little did we know they were running 40 minutes behind and our group didn't tee off until after 2:45. We waited on literally every single shot of the round. When we finally did see the starter on hole 8 he told us the hold up was "that there was a few groups that were playing as a six some." It was not an enjoyable day and was simply just unacceptable. I don't know whats going on with LBV it used to always be a great experience but the past few times that our group has golfed there has been a problem each time.

Commented on 03/10/2020

Great day of Golf!!!

Our foursome thoroughly enjoyed our round. Course was in great shape and pace of play excellent. The staff we interacted with were friendly, courteous and helpful. We did not make use of the amenities.

All around great day, on a great course

Lake buena vista is a tougher course for the average golfer, with blind shots and lots of water hazard. With that being said I could go out and shoot 100 and still have the time of my life. We had a slow group right in front of us and we played in just under 4 and a half hours. The course conditions were great again today, and the staff were better. I will continue to play this course every time I visit Orlando.

A good layout and a fair test. Greens in good shape as well as the course.

Extremely Dissapointed

I figured I would skip the different review forums and go VFR direct to the leadership team with hopes that someone there cares more than the manager of the Lake Buena Vista golf course on duty Saturday Afternoon on 1 Feb...but I received no response.
On Saturday, I reserved a Tee time of 1330. The Tee time was for my two brothers, my son and I to enjoy 18 holes of golf. Unfortunately, it turned out to be quite the opposite experience.
We had a 1330 Tee time…for which we arrived almost 2 hours early. Because we were early the young clerk suggested we go to the driving range. We spent a little bit of time at the range then headed out to the first Tee…(after checking in at the club house). We were at the first Tee at 1320 when they informed us there was a group of 12 headed out before us so the starter suggested we practice on the putting green. We had enough time to practice walk to the club house and back before it was our time to Tee off…by this time it was about 1400 (almost 30 min past our original Tee time). As we were getting ready to tee off…a group of two came up and asked if they could go in front of us. One guy was walking and the other in a cart. We let them play through (golf etiquette).
Everything was going OK…until one of the Range officials came through to us on the 8th hole and told us the pace was too slow and that we needed to skip the 9th hole and go right to 10. We were a bit upset…but decided to go to the clubhouse, use the bathroom and grab a sandwich. While we were waiting on our food. The manager came up to us and told us we needed to get to the 10th hole. When we told him, we were waiting on our food, he said he would bring it to us. When we got to the 10th hole, we somehow ended up in the middle of the group that was originally in front of us. Which meant they were able to play 8 and 9. Before we could Tee off at 10, we had to wait for the last four of the 12 in front of us to play through. Anyway…we got to 15 or 16, and received a notification that we needed to bring the cart back. This was about 6:00 PM…which would have been 4.5 hours from our original tee time…keeping pace with course rules.
The fact that this was supposed to be a memorable occasion for me and my brothers, and for which we paid a significant amount of money and to only be able to play 14 or less or the 18 holes…it was not a great experience. Adding insult to injury, the manager got snotty with me and told me “we” were not keeping pace. I had two comments for him…1) if that was the case…then you have an issue with too many players on the course at one time; or 2) you should not have players start that late in the day if they cannot legitimately finish 18 holes. The manager stated he was sorry…my comment him and to anyone else that says it…is that it is so disingenuous. If someone was really sorry…they would not just say it…they would do something about it.
My brothers and I are not pro golfers…we golf to spend time with family…drink some beer…tell war stories and maybe smoke a cigar. I have never in my 30+ years of playing golf been rushed off a hole, let alone not be able to finish.
I like to think of myself as a kid at heart and got that kid like feeling when I booked the Tee time at Lake Buena Vista… I was so very disappointed the day turned out the way it did.
I am writing this because if I was in leadership at Disney…I would want to make sure that every person that had the “Disney’ experience” … was Happy and if not, I had the opportunity to make fix it…not just say I was sorry. It is after all the “Happiest Place on Earth”. I have to believe that you want this as well.
Respectfully disappointed,

Commented on 02/17/2020

Sir,
I do believe at this point you have spoken with upper management regarding your complaint indicating that you were dissatisfied with the level of customer service that you received recently while play at Disney's Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.
If there is anything else that we can do to assist you at this time, please don't hesitate to contact me at disneygolfreservations@palmergolf.com
We look forward to welcoming you back to our facilities here at Walt Disney World(r) Golf, "The Happiest Place on TURF!"

Disney Vacation with Golf

Had played a Disney course in the past and wanted to try another. LBV was in good condition and the staff and single who joined me and my wife was very friendly and helpful. Took advantage of an afternoon price reduction and was able to play under 4 hours. Good for a resort track that gets that amount of play.

met expectations

What i have come rooki expect from Disney. Great course

Great resort course

Scenic and challenging course. Disney staff are always attentive and keep the course very well maintained.

Jan 2 2020

First time playing a Disney course.

Expectation was that course would be in better condition. Fairways seemed a little chewed up but maybe that they were airrated recently. Greens were average and fairly slow. Tees were fine.

Was cool that the layout went thru several of the Disney resort properties like old key west and the Treehouses.

Was not a real memorable course in terms of the actual holes.

Staff were super friendly and helpful. Would probably not play again but would try the palm and magnolia courses instead.

Really lake

I just played. All clerks are very friendly, but like name, it is really lake in the winter. Except the box and green, all terrains are almost mud. I couldn't finish all the course.

Commented on 12/29/2019

We hope that you will play our wonderful courses again in time to come, so we can exceed your expectations upon your next visit to Orlando.

The weather during this last 10 days has been relatively unstable for central Florida at this time of the year, and with multiple back to back days of cloudy rainy weather, it is no wonder that the course is having a hard time drying out.

Kissimmee, Florida
Celebration, Florida
4.3191176471
Kissimmee, Florida

Valid dates: May 10, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.