The Country Club of Mount Dora

Year Built 1991
Architect Clifton, Ezell & Clifton (1991)

Caddies Yes

Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Commented on 10/22/2019

Hi u0000015711452 ,thank you for your 5-star review! Please book another round with us soon at The Country Club of Mount Dora.

Good condition. Challenging

The course is always in good shape and is challenging. You will need to think your way around the course. Shot selection and shot making is a must. Many risk reward situations. Have a game plan when you come here and you can score.

Commented on 10/18/2019

Thank you for visiting us at The Country Club of Mount Dora. We truly appreciate your 4-star rating and great feedback! We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 10/08/2019

Hi Larry1951, thank you for your 4-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at The Country Club of Mount Dora.

Good place to go

Played as threesome. Pace was very good. The course is partly challenging, some holes have water in play. Tee boxes and fairways are good and well playable. Bunkers are OK. Greens have mediocre speed, but are mostly well maintained. Staffs are cordial. Overall it is a nice track and the hot deal of Golfnow.com offers a very good rate.

Commented on 10/18/2019

Hi tomik17, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Your feedback is important to us, and we're glad to hear you still enjoyed your day on the course.

Commented on 10/08/2019

Hi u265283248, thank you for your 4-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at The Country Club of Mount Dora.

Greens a little rough and pace of play very slow.

Greens where rough, and the pace of place was slow. Enjoyed the challenge, when the greens are right I would definitely play again.
Marshall needed to help the pace of play.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Hi hws30, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4-stars. We do aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome this kind of feedback for potential improvements. Thank you for playing The Country Club of Mount Dora, and we hope to welcome you back for an even better round soon!

Commented on 09/23/2019

Hi Vincent8711145, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Friendly course

We were disappointed that only 9holes were open but that didn’t detract from an enjoyable round. the front 9 holes were closed for maintenance. Great course and a special mention to a member of the staff who took it on himself to come out to us with extra water drinks given the humidity. Thank you. We will be back to play the full 18.

Commented on 09/11/2019

Hi rocketron, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused by our course maintenance during your recent round, but we truly appreciate your patience & understanding. We're glad to hear you still enjoyed the day with us, and thank you for choosing The Country Club of Mount Dora. Come back soon!

Nice Course

First time playing and the course was in good shape. the course is somewhat challenging with several water holes. Great value and will play again.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Hi u000003398228, thank you so much for the great review and joining us for your first round! We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon. Thanks for choosing The Country Club of Mount Dora and check out your review shared on our Facebook page.

nice

This course is a great little course.Several tee boxes to play from.The greens are good and a nice speed.Plenty of trouble to get into.A long drive but we enjoy playing here once in a while.

Commented on 08/23/2019

Hi mikel0, thank you for your 4-star rating, feedback, and dedication to playing our course! Please book another round with us soon at The Country Club of Mount Dora.

Great Golf Course

I played mount dora country Club approximately a year ago and I forgot how nice and how well maintained the course was when I just played it yesterday. It was an absolute pleasure to play it. If you're in the area you need to make the effort to play the course Mount Dora country Club.

Commented on 08/23/2019

Hi rfc6486, thank you for your 5-star rating and truly kind feedback on our course! Please book another round with us soon at The Country Club of Mount Dora.

Commented on 07/24/2019

Hi u314159433218. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course and encourage you to reach out to our team in the golf shop if you would like to discuss any concerns further. We hope to welcome you back to Country Club of Mount Dora, The for a much-improved experience soon.

It's been a while ...

I haven't played this course since 2013, I didn't remember it being this fun! Right now the course is in fantastic condition - especially compared to courses of the same caliber in central Florida. If you get a chance to play this weekend or next week jump on it. One or two greens look like they might develop some problems (15th and a par 3 on the back) but they are rolling smooth and with decent pace at the moment. With all the rain and heat the course really does look good. The gentleman in the Pro shop this morning was incredibly polite and professional (which is such a rarity nowadays), I may just play again tomorrow :)

Commented on 07/15/2019

Hello, Swing2theright. Thank you for your 5-star rating and kind feedback! We truly appreciate the recommendation and support. Please book another round with us soon. #CCofMountDora

Very nice course - this is now in my rotation!

This was my second time playing this course. I will definitely start playing out here more often. It's not a very long course, but the tips give you nearly 6,500 yards which is about right for my 10 handicap game. The condition of the golf course is the best that I've experienced in the area (i.e. black bear, redtail, debary, timacuan, victoria hills, etc.). The greens are a bit slow but in very good shape. The fairways actually have full grass unlike so many courses around here which are often patchy and very thin. Some tee boxes need a bit of attention but most are in pretty good shape. The sand traps, which I experienced too often, are in really good shape as well. It's nice being able to play out of "true" sand rather than dirt/mud (hi again black bear).

The layout of the course is challenging at times but fair. There are a few holes I would play differently next time, now that I'm familiar with the course. For example, there are a couple holes that you have to play your drive right or you won't have an approach to the green. Fortunately for me, I was hitting my drive straight for the most part because it can get tight on some holes. I elected to use a 5-iron on a couple of the par 5's for my second shot just to make sure I kept it in the fairway.

The gentleman in the pro shop was very friendly, which was refreshing. For whatever reason, I have found a few courses around town that struggle in that department (hello black bear). It makes the experience so much more enjoyable. I will definitely be back!

Commented on 07/15/2019

nicknacker, thank you for your kind words and great feedback! Your comments are important to us and have been shared with our staff. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Country Club of Mount Dora, The. #CCofMountDora

Love this course

Didn’t know what to expect but I was very pleased with this course it was beautiful... keep it up mount Dora

Commented on 07/10/2019

Tlm1407, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Country Club of Mount Dora, The. #CCofMountDora

Excellent layout and value

First time playing course in about 10 years. Very challenging and fair course. Greens a little slow right now. Staff was friendly and helpful. Will add to our rotation.

Commented on 07/09/2019

We are so happy you enjoyed your recent round, scott5151437! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon. #CCofMountDora

Weekday Round

Course was busy, but pace of play was under 4 hours. Greens were firm and quick. Overall the course was in very good shape. Pro shop staff were very friendly and helpful.

Commented on 07/09/2019

William6749867, thank you for your kind words and 5-star review! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Country Club of Mount Dora, The. #CCofMountDora

Good course

Had a very enjoyable game in glorious sunshine. Course in good condition with greens playing pretty quick. Lots of water hazards make this a tough course to score on but well worth the journey time from Orlando given the deals available. Will play again

Commented on 07/09/2019

Hi Rafascott. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Country Club of Mount Dora, The and come back soon! #CCofMountDora

Commented on 06/13/2019

Thanks for the 4-stars and choosing The Country Club of Mount Dora! Come back again soon. #CCofMountDora

Definitely worth a visit to play Mt. Dora CC

Terrific experience with morning round of golf at Mt. Dora CC...started with easy club drop off, courteous check-in staff, nice new carts...course in great shape with challenging layout, nice greens, well maintained traps. All players encountered practiced good golf etiquette.
Worth every penny to play Mt. Dora CC...one of best courses played on in Central Fl area...
Highly recommended! You won’t be disappointed!

Commented on 05/31/2019

Thanks for the amazing feedback on our course, services, and staff here at The Country Club of Mount Dora! We truly appreciate your support & recommendation, and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Check our your review shared on our Facebook page! #CCofMountDora

Mount Dora, Florida