View of a green at Penderbrook Golf Club

Penderbrook Golf Club

Year Built 1980
Fairways Rye Grass
Architect Ed Ault (1980) Roy Case Brian Ault (1980) Tom Clark (1980)

Clubs No

Dress code Men: Collared Shirt, Slacks, Shorts. Ladies: Collared/Sleeved Shirt, Slacks, Shorts, Capris. No denim.

Great Course Layout (Challenging)

Great Course Layout, played from the Blue Tees. First time Playing this course, the GREENS were Fast even after recent sand dressing.(played May 20, 2020). Fairways were in Outstanding Shape for time year, the Rough to Fairway grass cut was definitive. The sand in bunkers was filled and well Groomed.

Overall the course played well, unsure why they did not provide scorecards in the carts. There were some holes with construciton on it which had to be played around. Would of liked a better price for the round.

Commented on 05/19/2020

Hi soconnell123! Thanks for writing us a review. Scorecards are not currently being provided due to COVID-19. We do have our scorecards available on our website, so you are able to print them and bring them to the course with you. The construction you see on a few holes is new sod on most of 18 fairway. This is the only area on the course with some construction, and we are working to improve this for future rounds. We look forward to seeing you back here again soon!

Commented on 05/19/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, mgrinston1! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Penderbrook Golf Club!

First, I want to commend Penderbrook GC for allowing/encouraging single players to ride solo in carts versus other courses forcing two to each cart in these Covid-19 Times. The starter welcomed golfers outside and placed them in carts prior to sending them to the 1st tee. The course is in very good condition, especially the greens. The course was full yet pace of play was comfortable. This was the 2nd time I played Penderbrook in the last two weeks because of the course social distancing policy, the course conditions and the management.

Commented on 05/15/2020

Thank you so much for the great review, we're so glad you have been able to come to the course these last few weeks! We are working hard to make sure everyone stays safe and healthy, and can still enjoy their time here with us. We are already looking forward to your next round!

Great Changes

Penderbrook has undergone some changes to increase pace of play. This course has some potential. Hole 12 has undergone some renovation, but some work needs to be done on the fairway. Some bunkers have sand, some need sand. It is obvious that the management of this course is doing its part in recognizing and addressing issues. They are improving fairways on two holes. Staff is friendly and the COVID 19 CDC guidelines are adhered to. Greens are good. I would play again.

Commented on 05/13/2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. Our entire staff is working hard to ensure that our course is always well maintained, and that the conditions are safe for all. We are already looking forward to having you back here again soon!

Nice pre-spring course

Another fine spring day with the weather starting out brisk and blustery and ending sunny . Greens were rolling perfect. After 18 I felt like playing more.. Great golf day!

Commented on 05/13/2020

That's so great to hear you had such an awesome golf day! We hope to have you back for even more in the future!

Hidden Gem

I couldn't be happier with the value I received playing here. The course has excellent greens, challenging holes, and a courtoues staff. They are clearly well managed and I will for sure be playing here again!

Nice place, nice course, nice staff

Great course, challenging, layout is nice. Always something to experience at each hole. I would definitely recommend and play consistently.

Spring Golfy

I've played this course maybe a half dozen times over the last year and I have to give ownership praise for a number of course improvements ie. new bunkers, fencing and tree removal. They are really trying. Over all the course was on excellent condition. Always enjoyable.

Commented on 05/07/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We work very hard to ensure the course is in pristine condition, and to make sure your round is exceptional. We are so excited to have you back here again soon!

Duffer 6

Another great round at Penderbrook today. Detailed preparation and operations under limiting Coronavirus considerations to keep us playing, and safely. Great job!

Commented on 05/07/2020

Thank you so much! We are working hard to keep everyone safe, and we appreciate your patience with us! We cannot wait to have you back here again soon!

Good Day

Play the other day and the starter didn't manage the groups go out but today the starter did a great job

Commented on 05/07/2020

Thanks for the feedback, we will work to ensure every starter is 5 stars! We look forward to seeing you here again soon!

Commented on 05/07/2020

Thank you for taking the time to rate us 4 stars!

Safety

Starter Doy, was roped off, wore gloves and masks following Covid precautions. Felt very safe. Even the practice greens were had physical distancing rules posted around the greens.

Kudos to the starter, well organized, and super friendly. Will definitely return.

Never Coming Back

The young lady on the lawn mower followed us around entire course mowing tee boxes slowing us down and wouldn’t shut mower off while we tried to tee off

Commented on 05/07/2020

Hi Huss32! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

First off I want to say it was cart path only and we played in under 4 hrs. My complaint is they kept on sending out singles and twosomes. We finally just let them wait. I don't like to do that but it's not like we were playing slow. Starters need to either combine some golfers to make larger groups or let the twosomes know they are going to wait

Commented on 05/07/2020

Thanks for the suggestions. We love getting feedback from our golfers so we can improve for the future. We will take this and try to implement some changes! Hope to see you back here soon!

No thanks

Course was in terrible condition. I ruined my 7 iron in the fairway from hitting one of the many many rocks. They did have vending machines @ 10 and a beverage cart though.

Commented on 05/07/2020

Hello. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We encourage you to reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Penderbrook Golf Club.

Not bad considering

Rained a lot the day before and during some of the round. Tee boxes were ok. Fairways ok. Some grounds under repair. Even as wet as it was. Greens rolled really well. Some holes are tight and surrounded by houses. Got some fans on a birdie chip in. I liked the course. But for the money ...... I won’t be playing it again if Maryland opens back up.

Commented on 04/27/2020

Thanks for coming out to the course, even though the sky opened up the last few days. We really hope to see you back here again soon. Let us know what we can do to make your next visit even better!

Fun layout in a great setting/location. Greens are in really good shape.

Commented on 05/07/2020

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Penderbrook Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Course is in excellent condition, well the drive from maryland

Commented on 04/27/2020

Thanks for the great review, and for coming to visit us from Maryland!

Valid dates: May 05, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020