Penderbrook Golf Club

Year Built 1980
Fairways Rye Grass
Architect Ed Ault (1980) Roy Case Brian Ault (1980) Tom Clark (1980)

Clubs No

Dress code Men: Collared Shirt, Slacks, Shorts. Ladies: Collared/Sleeved Shirt, Slacks, Shorts, Capris. No denim.

rick

enjoyable round of golf. i was paired with very friendly people.

Commented on 01/16/2020

Thanks so much for the great review! We're glad you were paired with friendly people and enjoyed your round!

Penderbrook Golf Course

First time playing and it’s January, low 50’s. Pace of play was excellent. Course was not bad for January. Nice layout with lots of water hazards. Don’t use driver on every hole. A fun course.

Commented on 01/03/2020

Commented on 01/21/2020

We're sorry your experience was anything short of 5-stars. Let us know how we can improve for the future.

Commented on 12/30/2019

Hi, rscott327. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Penderbrook Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 12/20/2019

Hi u4168987. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Penderbrook Golf Club.

Nice day of golf

Great staff, conditions good for the time of year, fun course.

Commented on 12/09/2019

We're so glad you enjoyed our course! Thanks for the great review!

My new GO-TO course

Even in late November, this is the best condition I have ever seen the course in. New management has done a great job turning this course around since taking over. It plays much longer than advertised and with great character. Greens are in phenomenal condition with a pure roll. Staff was very welcoming and friendly. Cannot recommend this course enough.

Commented on 12/05/2019

Fun as always, members were slow though

Great round. Love this course. Members were a bit slow yesterday though. Skipped in front but the frost delay was what hurt us not so much the players themselves. Staff is great and so is the course

Commented on 11/26/2019

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Penderbrook Golf Club.

Penderbrook is great

Love this course. Short but fun layout with 5/6 holes over water. No driving range is a bummer but still worth it

Commented on 11/19/2019

Hi u742177088. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Penderbrook Golf Club!

Lots of leaves off the fairways. Good chance to loose your ball.

Commented on 11/12/2019

Hi hefri. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Penderbrook Golf Club.

Course is not in good shape but challenging. It's not worth to pay more than $40 for this course.

Commented on 10/24/2019

Hi u8278724! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Challenging, fun, and great value

This was my first time playing Penderbrook and it was a very pleasant surprise, especially after reading some of the reviews. The course was in great condition. The layout is challenging but fair, the fairways and greens firm and fast. There are a lot of elevation changes which make for some blind shots where you may not see where the ball will end up so, combined with the shots needed over water and narrow fairways make sure you have extra balls. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. I will definitely be going back, as it is one of the nicest courses in the area!

Commented on 10/21/2019

Thank you for your review, Matt3396540. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Penderbrook Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 10/03/2019

Hi, u5777673. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Penderbrook Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Crabgrass

Nice challenging course, but fairways and rough very infested with crab grass creating bad lies even when you hit a good shot ,,
even patches on the greens, would not play again,, disapointing

Commented on 09/16/2019

Hi treiner62. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Penderbrook Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Much Improved

Last year it seemed the course was about to close. The greens and first cuts have been greatly improved. Course is fun to play with different levels of shots. Pace of play can be an easy but wasnt on my day. Its a good rate and located in prime area. Its a must play

If you pay $35 for a round it is ok for the rate. The conditions were pretty bad. I would not recommend paying anything more than $35 otherwise you will be very disappointed. I don’t need a great course to have fun, but this course is not good at all.

Try and get it for $20s.

Commented on 08/29/2019

Hi u000007771582. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Penderbrook Golf Club.

PGA level course

This is a great course. Can't beat the price for all the yardage you get. Challenging but super fun. The conditions were the best I've seen from any other course around. I'd play this every week if I had a choice.

Commented on 08/23/2019

Your feedback is important to us, SmokaGballz. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Penderbrook Golf Club.

Great value for the money

Got this course on a hot deal. No real starter after I walked around for 15 min til my teetime when a teenage kid goes "alright well here you go, you.can play with this guy if you want, if not that's cool."

Then got on the tee and it was great from there. Fun course using all my clubs.
Only negative was on a few par 3s they moved the tee box forward which is fine, but didn't have any kind of yardage available, so I was totally guessing which got me to overshoot multiple times.

Would play again for sure.

Commented on 08/19/2019

Hi aschroyer. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Penderbrook Golf Club!

Commented on 08/23/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Penderbrook Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Surprisingly good

We (wife and I) try to never play the same course twice each year, but Penderbrook will be the exception. Excellent course in very good shape. Fun to play. Glad we discovered it. Even the carts were exceptionally clean. Only letdown - 9-10th hole nowhere near the clubhouse and no toilets nearby.

Commented on 08/12/2019

Hi u000005036490. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Penderbrook Golf Club!

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.