Grand Cypress - New

Caddies: No
GPS: Yes

Golf school / academy: Yes - Grand Cypress Academy of Golf

Dress code: Proper attire is required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is near local attractions convenient to the city at a resort   Great for advanced golfers playing multiple courses a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens water hazards   Great for drinks dinner brunch

"Beautiful and in very good shape"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/14/2017

So tough and windy

Staff very friendly

I played every time in Orlando

BrianPenny1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2017

"Wonderful Replica of Saint Andrews"

Michael6812179's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2017

This is a great opportunity to try your golfing skills on almost true links style course and conditions. The fairways run on the hard and fast side and there are plenty of tight lies around the greens. The wind was up but the balmy weather betrayed the location. The staff was friendly and couldn’t do enough for us. Will definitely play it again.

"Excellent golf course! Great value for the money."

gennaja's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/07/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

I got the chance the play the New Course this week while tagging along for my wife's business trip. This is the first time I've played a links style course. It's very different from the type of courses I play in the Washington DC area. What a fun experience! The fairways were wide open but you have to be precise or you'll end up in a bunker. The greens were fast and challenging. The course itself was immaculate and the staff were are very friendly. The price was excellent given the quality of the course. The only downside was the the pace of play was slow. However, that was expected at a resort course. I'd highly recommend to course to anyone.

"Great course, marginal pace"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/28/2017

I played the Cypress New course for the first time. Pro shop staff were very friendly and accomodating. Course is busy but the front nine moved along swiftly, cart girls were plentiful. Back nine was the antithesis. A foursome jumped in and slowed play down that caused me to leave after 16...at that point it was a 4:20 round and I was playing as a single! On the back nine you couldn't get as much as a bottle of water as the cart girls disappeared.

"Outstanding layout and design!!"

ikeandarb's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/28/2017

Came in town to visit a friend and wanted to play the New Course for a while now. The course did not disappoint. It was a slow round but I expected as much with the small amount of morning tee times available. Nevertheless, it was worth every minute and penny I spent.

The course is a true links style course. Greens are tricky and fast but the fairways are wide open.

The staff was excellent. Everyone was friendly and it felt like a high end resort course. Would love to play again when in the area next time.

"A little slow"

hockeyhuss's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/27/2017

The turn was a little slow to get going.

We did finish in 4.5hrs mind you. Considering the area and the number of casual golfers that visit we were surprised that we got finished in less then 5 hrs. This was our 6th round of the week in the area and our slowest but the course was enjoyable and the staff did what they could to keep it going.

I personally found the course challenging with no real visual clues as to where to place the shot off the tee.

On 7 it would be nice to see some red stakes in front of the water hazard because it is difficult to see.

Shot my best round of the week so that gives this review a little bias. Friend had a great time and we enjoyed the conditions and the fact we got a decent rate on GolfNow.

"14 holds in 4 hours and 40 minutes!"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/26/2017

Got stuck behind 4 groups of hacks, deciding to putt everything out. Searched for lost balls for 8 to 10 minutes, then had to return to the tee box to hit “3”. Marshall’s were aware that they were playing it out, and kept telling us that as if that made it acceptable. Seriously!? When three of their groups clogged up the 15th, we headed in at one over par. Plenty of daylight left to have finished, but enough was enough! The more they drank from the bar cart, the worse it got. I hope your course made a fortune on these hacks, but you got your last green fee from me.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/25/2017

"A "must do" golf experience!"

reddotsdee's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/24/2017

Visiting from Oregon! First it's a true "links" course! Double wide fairways, double HUGH greens with 2 flags! Play yellow out, white in. AND STAY OUT OF THE POT BUNKERS!

Wife and I loved it! Both 18 hc's and shot 93/88. Greens are tough and course management a must. Forget your driver on the range, work on your short irons! Greens were excellent, very fast! Some of the pin locations were brutal.

Will definitely play again next Florida vacation!

"Beautiful course in the ‘Old Course’ style"

Jim9001841's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/16/2017

We had a great time playing this Old Course replica. Greens were top dressed probably after punching a few weeks ago. They ran true - not lightning fast. Fairways in great shape and thankfully wide (mostly). Green undulations tough to read. Putting from off greens likely a little slower than in Scotland. Regardless of the quality of the golf game, the clubhouse and restaurant were magnificent. Food was highest quality and ample portions for a reasonable price. Highly recommend course and club.

"Enjoyable day"

PatMadigan's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/01/2017

Played the new course for the first time and really enjoyed it, it's a course you can rip the driver with plenty of room on the fairways, if you miss the first and 18th fairway you need to go to your PGA pro for a lesson

Will come back and play it again soon

"The New really does remind me of the Old"

MikeBaileyGA's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2017

I only had time to play one course during my quick stay and Grand Cypress Resort, and although it was a tough decision, I'm never disappointed when the course I play there is the New Course, Jack Nicklaus' tribute to St. Andrews. The first and the 18th holes are basically replicas of the same holes on the Old Course at St. Andrews, but everything else in between is Nickluas' own creations, offering a tribute to Scottish links courses. While the fairways are forever and you can seemingly hit it anywhere, there really is strategy to scoring well here, and most of all, it's just plain fun. Try to avoid the pot bunkers, take a few risks and have fun with these massive, sloping greens, and you've got quite a thrill ride. Best of all, it's completely opposite to the other nines at Grand Cypress, which represent the best in Florida golf. Together, the new and the other layouts help Grand Cypress maintain its status as one of Floirida's most storied and best golf resorts.

"Awesome"

tjbarney's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/25/2017

My wife and I spent our 13th anniversary playing this course. This was an amazing experience for us as avid golfers. The course was amazing. The starter was super friendly and gave us a wealth of information about the course and it’s layout. Five stars all away around. Tony and Julie Barney.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2017

"Focus"

u000004541997's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017

Course is top notch tee to greens. Since this is resort golf there is more than the average slow play and lack of golf etiquette. It does not appear that the rangers are concerned with the behavior "not my first experience". However if you can stay focused through all of this it's a must play.

"great course but......THE GREENS WERE HORRIBLE"

Tampa2toho's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017

Great Experience, loved the idea of a "different" style of golf course. Great Price on golfnow. Pace of Play for us equaled whatever you wanted we were the only group on the course at 1230pm/saturday had the place to ourselves!!!! The only complaint was that the greens had been punched we were told two weeks prior after arriving, well, they haven't recovered yet and kinda sucked to be honest, they bounced, they zigged, they zagged and made it very difficult to not inact a two putt rule not the way I wanted to experience the course for the first time. However, I will be back and I know this course will play much better and more difficult with fast smooth greens. Be prepared that perfect drives may end up in a bunker! Lastly, please add sand to greens and warn people of the current conditions. I would have rather paid more to play elsewhere than play "greens" that are indicative of a cobblestone road or semi goat field without trying to be to harsh :)

"Great change of pace"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/09/2017

Loved this Nicklaus copy of the old corse at St Andrews. Trick but fair. Loved not playing super narrow fairways lines with gunge and ponds. Play the tips for fun of it.

"Great Value"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I typically play the NSE tracks at Grand Cypress, actually booked the New Course by accident, but I will definitely put this course into my rotation. It was in great shape, tee to green. Only concern was pace of play because of high handy cappers in front of our group.

"I love this course"

TedNoel's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The New Course is one of my favorites. It is a links course, and thus does not often severely penalize a wayward drive, but the greens make up for that. They have many contours and are uniformly fast.

While the weather was too hot, the course was in fabulous condition, and the summer rates ($54) were very good. I just wish it was closer to my home. The only drawback for regular play is the Disney World traffic on I-4, which can make travel miserable.