TPC Sawgrass - Dye's Valley Course

• 110 Championship Way, Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida 32082, Saint Johns County
  • tpc.com/tpc-sawgrass

Year built: 1987
Architect(s): Pete Dye (1987), Jerry Pate (1987), Bobby Weed (1987)
Type: Resort

TPC 72 6847 yards 73.8 138
Blended 72 6272 yards 70.8 133
Blended (W) 72 6272 yards 72.0 131
Green (W) 72 5126 yards 70.0 127

Sharing a home with the renowned Stadium Course can be intimidating, but Pete Dye's Valley Course at TPC Sawgrass is definitely able to hold its own. The golf course features large greens and an abundance of water that sprawl across rolling hills and valleys. During a renovation in 2006, more than 300 trees were added to the golf course and several bunkers were reconstructed to make them more challenging. One of the most notable holes is the 350-yard third. What this par-4 lacks in length, it makes up for in difficulty with a fairway that slopes sharply to the left and a tightly manicured collection area that is twelve feet below the level of the green.

Location is at a resort   Great for advanced golfers a weekend splurge   Challenges include water hazards bunkers   Great for drinks

"A gem"

Smr87's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2018

I’ve played the Stadium course twice and finally got to play Dye Valley. In the summer they usually don’t have both open at the same time so we jumped on the chance to play both in one week. We were not disappointed. We played blended tees, which I love that the courses down there do. It allows you a slight tougher test than the white tees.

We teed off after a nice session on the amazing practice facilities. You really feel like a tour pro even though you’re not at this place. Looking at the card the course looks so much easier than it’s bigger brother and we got a bit cocky. Even though it is shorter, this is not an easy course by any means. There’s a bunch of doglegs that make you think twice about taking driver and quite a few blind shots. The greens are decently fast, but true. Much like the Stadium, Dye Valley has water and strategic bunkers that are everywhere. It was a tough round, but enjoyable. It’s nice to play and put on a course with great green complexes. If the Stadium isn’t open, you don’t think you have the skill for the Stadium or the price go and play Dye Valley. I will be back and take my revenge on this course.

"Very good course"

mariusN's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/29/2018

Good experience again on this golf course!

I really enjoyed it.

"Rained Out, sorry, that's it!"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2018
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

First and foremost, it is TPC Sawgrass. Regardless of whether you play the Stadium, or Valley Course, it is where the pros play and it is what you see on tv. I had just flown into Jacksonville, and did not think I had time to play the Stadium course, so I looked for a tee time on the Valley course. When I search online, the discounted rate of $90 came up and I pounced.

I got to the course and had time to go through the pro shop, bought a couple of shirts and a hat and went to the driving range. The practice facilities were great and I got warmed up and ready to play. On the 11th, there was stormy weather all around the area and everyone knew that rain and lightning might be an issue in the afternoon and it turned out to be the case.

A crazy cell of lightning and rain hit as I walked off the 5th hole. I had no time to get to the club house, so I parked under the comfort station to wait things out, until it was safe to return to the club house. It rained like CRAZY and lightning seemed to be right on top of me, so I was grateful for the protection of the comfort station.

I understand that this time of year, it rains almost everyday, so I knew this could happen. when the storm finally passed, I was trapped for about an hour, I headed back to the club house to see if we could continue play. It turns out that the course was under "Red Alert" and we were told that if there was an all clear given, then play could resume.

After a short wait, we were told that the all clear had been given, so I headed back out to my cart and the player assistants asked what hole I was on. I told them I was headed back to the 6th hole on the Valley, because I had only finished 5 holes. They said that the Valley course was still closed and probably would be for the remained of the day and to see if the pro shop was offering anything back for only completing 5 holes.

I headed into the pro shop, and I wish I would have remembered the name of the woman working at the time, but I don't, and asked about the Valley course. She said indeed, the all clear was for the Stadium course only and that the Valley would probably not reopen for the day. I said I understood and asked if there might be any pro-rated refund, being that I only was able to play 5 holes. She asked me my name and tee time, and upon pulling it up, she said that because I received such a discounted rate online, that I should just be happy I got 5 holes in at all. I thought that was quuite the response, and asked really, that's it? And she looked at me and said, "yep, that is it!" And looked away as if to completely dismiss me from the pro shop.

I get it if there is really a policy of no rain checks, but if you are going to treat people like that because they take advantage of an online rate, DON'T OFFER IT AT ALL! I wish I had walked back in and taken all the merch that I bought back and got a refund, but I was ticked and drove off.

Go for the course and facilities, but be wary of the level of customer service. I have received much better at $25 muni's!

Commented on 07/05/2018

Course conditions poor? Before the rain?

"World Class"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2018

Staff was amazing, course was beautiful. Challenging layout but not impossible for the average golfer. Miss in the right spots and you’ll be ok. Really great value if you can catch it around $100.

"Very cool spot"

u000006519424's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2018

Great place. We played really late. It was a little slow in the middle. But the weather was perfect so it wasn’t a bother. Beer was VERY expensive. Which was a little disappointing. But the rest was awesome. When we finished, they allowed us to drive out and look at the stadium course ($550 isn’t in my budget to play) which was really neat with all the grandstands on 16-17.

"Nice to play"

martin1948's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2018

Really enjoyed the course. Challenging because the greens are small and many sand traps. Typical for a Pete Dye course

"Worth it"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2018

Played this course the first time. It was amazing using the facilities that pros use. My skill level is not ready for the stadium course. I highly recommending getting there early to get with the story tellers. They will tour you of the clubhouse and take you to the 17th. My only complaint of the course was the weather. I was dealing with 54 degrees and wind was about 30mph. Made the course very challenging. Def will be back to play.

"Really solid golf course - unbelievable facility."

steelersnotredame107's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/18/2018

It’s on the same grounds as the PGA, The Player’s Stadium Course and it’s all included in the experience when you play Dye’s Valley. I don’t have the skill or willingness to play The Player’s course but wanted to play dye’s Valley because of the rankings and namesake. It was SICK. Everything is top of the line and you feel like a pro with the facilities.

After the round we had a drink and app on the back patio and it was beautiful. It’s worth paying the rate to take this all in. We had a great time.

"Love....Love.......LOVED IT!!"

Dorothy8589826's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/15/2018

Fabulous course but I think I can better the next time which will be very soon!!

"Pricey for substandard greens"

rudster1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/11/2018

Course is pretty but surrounded by houses. Tee boxes are nice, fairways are good but many divots, rough is dead and bunkers are full of fluffy sand. The greens are slow, bumpy and reminiscent of inexpensive public courses. Sorry, it just doesn’t measure up to a showcase Dye course, especially at about $200.

"Challenges my game"

spectre1972's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/10/2018

I've played here 2 times before. Once in 2012 and once in 2015, both times at AM Tour events. The Sawgrass courses we're tough the first 2 times and I needed a refresher at one of the 2. I chose Valley for a practice round. I was able to move at my own pace playing alone and focus on prepping for the tournament. Stadium beat up on .e the first day but the 2nd day I was able to use the experience gained in this practice round to move up the leaderboard and finish in the money. Great course.

"Good experience"

Dan6713869's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/27/2017

I enjoyed playing TPC Sawgrass Valley Golf Course. The overall experience was good. The one thing I enjoyed mostly about playing was before the round they took me on a small tour of the stadium course hole 16 17 and 18. I would have loved to have played that course except it was $400 plus a caddy so I chose the hundred-dollar course Valley instead. The only negative was a Diet Coke was $4 but that's expected at a resort course. By the way I bought two plus $2 tip so I spent $10 on cokes. Lol.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/16/2017

David7575239's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/06/2017

"To Dye For!!"

AspenMark's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/20/2017

The Valley corse was in great shape, challenging (but fair) and met every expectation!!

"Nasty weather wonderful course"

rubudown77's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

We played during very windy and rainy weather. It was very challenging to say the least. The course stayed free of standing water and the greens were very nice for the weather conditions. I will go again soon, and recommend this course highly.

ylecuyer1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2017

"Wonderful Course"

dmp224's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/02/2017

Best course I have played A must for all golfers. Great experience. Great staff.

"TPC Valley Course Jacksonville,FL"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

This is a beautiful and challenging course. There are many hills considering it is in Florida. The course is in great shape.

Pinger7's avatar