TPC Sawgrass - Dye's Valley Course

Sharing a home with the renowned Stadium Course can be intimidating, but Pete Dye's Valley Course at TPC Sawgrass is definitely able to hold its own. The golf course features large greens and an abundance of water that sprawl across rolling hills and valleys. During a renovation in 2006, more than 300 trees were added to the golf course and several bunkers were reconstructed to make them more challenging. One of the most notable holes is the 350-yard third. What this par-4 lacks in length, it makes up for in difficulty with a fairway that slopes sharply to the left and a tightly manicured collection area that is twelve feet below the level of the green.
TPC Sawgrass Dyes Valley Golf Course
TPC 72 6847 yards 73.8 138
Blended 72 6272 yards 70.8 133
Blended (W) 72 6272 yards 72.0 131
Green (W) 72 5126 yards 70.0 127
Scorecard for Dyes Valley
TPC M: 73.8/138 558 171 354 403 158 445 326 503 436 3354 408 229 363 409 203 402 559 499 421 3493 6847
Blue M: 71.9/135 535 152 325 360 137 424 313 489 404 3139 402 211 350 398 193 385 540 484 400 3363 6502
Blended WB M: 70.8/133 500 152 325 354 137 386 313 489 389 3045 379 177 350 372 167 385 513 484 400 3227 6272
White M: 69.9/132 W: 75.7/139 500 134 299 354 126 386 291 473 389 2952 379 177 326 372 167 347 513 476 370 3127 6079
Blended WG M: 67.4/127 430 134 299 308 126 318 291 473 301 2680 322 145 326 304 167 347 459 476 300 2846 5526
Blended GW W: 72.0/131 430 129 292 308 126 319 291 473 297 2665 316 145 326 304 167 347 459 476 318 2858 5523
Green M: 65.8/123 W: 70.0/127 430 103 281 308 105 318 256 409 301 2511 322 145 265 304 124 291 459 405 300 2615 5126

Year Built 1987
Fairways Celebration Bermudagrass
Greens TifEagle Bermudagrass
Architect Pete Dye (1987) Jerry Pate (1987) Bobby Weed (1987) MacCurrach Golf

Caddies Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2017 #2) (2016 #1)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2017 #9) (2016 #6)
  • Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2016 #50)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Off-course amenities in the U.S. (2017 #5)

Pete Dye Magic On Display

A Must Play If Your In the Area. I was a single and was paired with three local members. Great Friendship and one fantastic round of golf. I will play this course again.

Nice Layout

The golf course itself was in decent shape.

For the amount of $$$, the lack of staff to manage the golf course is another issue i feel needs to addressed.

The pace of play was extremely slow and i was unable to finish the round due to darkness.

In my book that was unacceptable.

The World Golf Courses are just as nice and the price and staff are well worth the exchange.

A gem

I’ve played the Stadium course twice and finally got to play Dye Valley. In the summer they usually don’t have both open at the same time so we jumped on the chance to play both in one week. We were not disappointed. We played blended tees, which I love that the courses down there do. It allows you a slight tougher test than the white tees.

We teed off after a nice session on the amazing practice facilities. You really feel like a tour pro even though you’re not at this place. Looking at the card the course looks so much easier than it’s bigger brother and we got a bit cocky. Even though it is shorter, this is not an easy course by any means. There’s a bunch of doglegs that make you think twice about taking driver and quite a few blind shots. The greens are decently fast, but true. Much like the Stadium, Dye Valley has water and strategic bunkers that are everywhere. It was a tough round, but enjoyable. It’s nice to play and put on a course with great green complexes. If the Stadium isn’t open, you don’t think you have the skill for the Stadium or the price go and play Dye Valley. I will be back and take my revenge on this course.

Very good course

Good experience again on this golf course!

I really enjoyed it.

Rained Out, sorry, that's it!

First and foremost, it is TPC Sawgrass. Regardless of whether you play the Stadium, or Valley Course, it is where the pros play and it is what you see on tv. I had just flown into Jacksonville, and did not think I had time to play the Stadium course, so I looked for a tee time on the Valley course. When I search online, the discounted rate of $90 came up and I pounced.

I got to the course and had time to go through the pro shop, bought a couple of shirts and a hat and went to the driving range. The practice facilities were great and I got warmed up and ready to play. On the 11th, there was stormy weather all around the area and everyone knew that rain and lightning might be an issue in the afternoon and it turned out to be the case.

A crazy cell of lightning and rain hit as I walked off the 5th hole. I had no time to get to the club house, so I parked under the comfort station to wait things out, until it was safe to return to the club house. It rained like CRAZY and lightning seemed to be right on top of me, so I was grateful for the protection of the comfort station.

I understand that this time of year, it rains almost everyday, so I knew this could happen. when the storm finally passed, I was trapped for about an hour, I headed back to the club house to see if we could continue play. It turns out that the course was under "Red Alert" and we were told that if there was an all clear given, then play could resume.

After a short wait, we were told that the all clear had been given, so I headed back out to my cart and the player assistants asked what hole I was on. I told them I was headed back to the 6th hole on the Valley, because I had only finished 5 holes. They said that the Valley course was still closed and probably would be for the remained of the day and to see if the pro shop was offering anything back for only completing 5 holes.

I headed into the pro shop, and I wish I would have remembered the name of the woman working at the time, but I don't, and asked about the Valley course. She said indeed, the all clear was for the Stadium course only and that the Valley would probably not reopen for the day. I said I understood and asked if there might be any pro-rated refund, being that I only was able to play 5 holes. She asked me my name and tee time, and upon pulling it up, she said that because I received such a discounted rate online, that I should just be happy I got 5 holes in at all. I thought that was quuite the response, and asked really, that's it? And she looked at me and said, "yep, that is it!" And looked away as if to completely dismiss me from the pro shop.

I get it if there is really a policy of no rain checks, but if you are going to treat people like that because they take advantage of an online rate, DON'T OFFER IT AT ALL! I wish I had walked back in and taken all the merch that I bought back and got a refund, but I was ticked and drove off.

Go for the course and facilities, but be wary of the level of customer service. I have received much better at $25 muni's!

23cfff11-06b2-51a8-8e34-fed72b17a57c
jheinlaw
Commented On 07/05/2018

Course conditions poor? Before the rain?

World Class

Staff was amazing, course was beautiful. Challenging layout but not impossible for the average golfer. Miss in the right spots and you’ll be ok. Really great value if you can catch it around $100.

Very cool spot

Great place. We played really late. It was a little slow in the middle. But the weather was perfect so it wasn’t a bother. Beer was VERY expensive. Which was a little disappointing. But the rest was awesome. When we finished, they allowed us to drive out and look at the stadium course ($550 isn’t in my budget to play) which was really neat with all the grandstands on 16-17.

Nice to play

Really enjoyed the course. Challenging because the greens are small and many sand traps. Typical for a Pete Dye course

Worth it

Played this course the first time. It was amazing using the facilities that pros use. My skill level is not ready for the stadium course. I highly recommending getting there early to get with the story tellers. They will tour you of the clubhouse and take you to the 17th. My only complaint of the course was the weather. I was dealing with 54 degrees and wind was about 30mph. Made the course very challenging. Def will be back to play.

Really solid golf course - unbelievable facility.

It’s on the same grounds as the PGA, The Player’s Stadium Course and it’s all included in the experience when you play Dye’s Valley. I don’t have the skill or willingness to play The Player’s course but wanted to play dye’s Valley because of the rankings and namesake. It was SICK. Everything is top of the line and you feel like a pro with the facilities.

After the round we had a drink and app on the back patio and it was beautiful. It’s worth paying the rate to take this all in. We had a great time.

Love....Love.......LOVED IT!!

Fabulous course but I think I can better the next time which will be very soon!!

Pricey for substandard greens

Course is pretty but surrounded by houses. Tee boxes are nice, fairways are good but many divots, rough is dead and bunkers are full of fluffy sand. The greens are slow, bumpy and reminiscent of inexpensive public courses. Sorry, it just doesn’t measure up to a showcase Dye course, especially at about $200.

Challenges my game

I've played here 2 times before. Once in 2012 and once in 2015, both times at AM Tour events. The Sawgrass courses we're tough the first 2 times and I needed a refresher at one of the 2. I chose Valley for a practice round. I was able to move at my own pace playing alone and focus on prepping for the tournament. Stadium beat up on .e the first day but the 2nd day I was able to use the experience gained in this practice round to move up the leaderboard and finish in the money. Great course.

Good experience

I enjoyed playing TPC Sawgrass Valley Golf Course. The overall experience was good. The one thing I enjoyed mostly about playing was before the round they took me on a small tour of the stadium course hole 16 17 and 18. I would have loved to have played that course except it was $400 plus a caddy so I chose the hundred-dollar course Valley instead. The only negative was a Diet Coke was $4 but that's expected at a resort course. By the way I bought two plus $2 tip so I spent $10 on cokes. Lol.

To Dye For!!

The Valley corse was in great shape, challenging (but fair) and met every expectation!!

Nasty weather wonderful course

We played during very windy and rainy weather. It was very challenging to say the least. The course stayed free of standing water and the greens were very nice for the weather conditions. I will go again soon, and recommend this course highly.

Request A Vacation Quote From TPC
Please provide your information below and a staff member at TPC will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: Oct 19, 2018 - Dec 20, 2018