Sharing a home with the renowned Stadium Course can be intimidating, but Pete Dye's Valley Course at TPC Sawgrass is definitely able to hold its own. The golf course features large greens and an abundance of water that sprawl across rolling hills and valleys. During a renovation in 2006, more than 300 trees were added to the golf course and several bunkers were reconstructed to make them more challenging. One of the most notable holes is the 350-yard third. What this par-4 lacks in length, it makes up for in difficulty with a fairway that slopes sharply to the left and a tightly manicured collection area that is twelve feet below the level of the green.

TPC Sawgrass Dyes Valley Golf Course

Year Built 1987
Fairways Celebration Bermudagrass
Greens TifEagle Bermudagrass
Architect Pete Dye (1987) Jerry Pate (1987) Bobby Weed (1987) MacCurrach Golf

Caddies Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2017 #9) (2016 #6)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Off-course amenities in the U.S. (2017 #5)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2017 #2) (2016 #1)
  • Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2016 #50)

TPC Sawgrass Dye Valley

My first trip to Florida. My first major course. The staff was friendly, courteous, and very helpful. I would recommend this course to anyone. Tremendous layout beautiful fairways well maintained.

Great course!
Staff was extremely attentive! To your needs!
My son and I had a blast!

Course was Perfect!

We couldn’t play the stadium course due to renovations however, we had a blast playing Dyes Valley. Excellent course. Staff was very polite and very helpful. Will be back year after year to play it again.

The Valley

If you get the chance to play here your pretty lucky.. obviously first rate all the way... the greens were fast but fair and hole after hole you’ll love the layout

Phenomenal Course - A Must Play!

Spectacular Course and fantastic staff! Course was in excellent shape; greens were a tad fast, but what a great experience.

A good test of golf

This was pretty much everything I expected it to be - a tough but fair test of golf. The course was beautiful and requires plenty of precise shots. I would love to play it again soon.

Disappointing Experience

In FL for quick vacation. Booked as a single thru TPC site ($260). Checked in an hour ahead of time and went to the range.
When I got to the starter, he explained that 2 of the others in my foursome had cancelled and he just let the other single join the threesome ahead. They were just teeing off. My only recourse was to play as a single or wait for an undetermined time to see if any groups coming behind would be short 1.

So I played as a single on a crowded course for 14 holes then called it a day.

I had played the Ritz Carlton Club ($160) the day before in Orlando and was treated like a member.

Worst service I have experienced to date on a golf course.

First Pete Dye Experience, Lived up to the hype

I had never played one of his tracks but it was everything I expected. This was round one of a long week of golf for me. Brutal hot and not much wind. Course staff and amenities leading up to round are everything you would expect from one of the most recognizeable courses in the country. Course was in great condition. There were some brown patches of grass out of play but tee boxes, fairways and green complexes were perfect. Greens rolled fast and true. This course is much tougher than the ratings in my opinion. If you can't control your directions of the tee, you will have a long day and go through a lot of balls. I didn't hit it terrible at all and lost 7, 3 times I hit the wood surrounding greens with approach shots and two of my tee balls that went in water were reachable with a club to retrieve, but penalties none the less. His fairways are tight and if you miss you are in either penal rough with uneven lies or gator infested water. No in between. Greens are not too bad since it is a mine field to get to them. After round, we went into the 19th hole for a drink and the clubhouse and history are worth the price of admission alone. If your in the area, must play either here or the stadium if you can get on.

Pete Dye Magic On Display

A Must Play If Your In the Area. I was a single and was paired with three local members. Great Friendship and one fantastic round of golf. I will play this course again.

Nice Layout

The golf course itself was in decent shape.
For the amount of $$$, the lack of staff to manage the golf course is another issue i feel needs to addressed.
The pace of play was extremely slow and i was unable to finish the round due to darkness.
In my book that was unacceptable.
The World Golf Courses are just as nice and the price and staff are well worth the exchange.

A gem

I’ve played the Stadium course twice and finally got to play Dye Valley. In the summer they usually don’t have both open at the same time so we jumped on the chance to play both in one week. We were not disappointed. We played blended tees, which I love that the courses down there do. It allows you a slight tougher test than the white tees.

We teed off after a nice session on the amazing practice facilities. You really feel like a tour pro even though you’re not at this place. Looking at the card the course looks so much easier than it’s bigger brother and we got a bit cocky. Even though it is shorter, this is not an easy course by any means. There’s a bunch of doglegs that make you think twice about taking driver and quite a few blind shots. The greens are decently fast, but true. Much like the Stadium, Dye Valley has water and strategic bunkers that are everywhere. It was a tough round, but enjoyable. It’s nice to play and put on a course with great green complexes. If the Stadium isn’t open, you don’t think you have the skill for the Stadium or the price go and play Dye Valley. I will be back and take my revenge on this course.

Very good course

Good experience again on this golf course!
I really enjoyed it.

Rained Out, sorry, that's it!

First and foremost, it is TPC Sawgrass. Regardless of whether you play the Stadium, or Valley Course, it is where the pros play and it is what you see on tv. I had just flown into Jacksonville, and did not think I had time to play the Stadium course, so I looked for a tee time on the Valley course. When I search online, the discounted rate of $90 came up and I pounced.

I got to the course and had time to go through the pro shop, bought a couple of shirts and a hat and went to the driving range. The practice facilities were great and I got warmed up and ready to play. On the 11th, there was stormy weather all around the area and everyone knew that rain and lightning might be an issue in the afternoon and it turned out to be the case.

A crazy cell of lightning and rain hit as I walked off the 5th hole. I had no time to get to the club house, so I parked under the comfort station to wait things out, until it was safe to return to the club house. It rained like CRAZY and lightning seemed to be right on top of me, so I was grateful for the protection of the comfort station.

I understand that this time of year, it rains almost everyday, so I knew this could happen. when the storm finally passed, I was trapped for about an hour, I headed back to the club house to see if we could continue play. It turns out that the course was under "Red Alert" and we were told that if there was an all clear given, then play could resume.

After a short wait, we were told that the all clear had been given, so I headed back out to my cart and the player assistants asked what hole I was on. I told them I was headed back to the 6th hole on the Valley, because I had only finished 5 holes. They said that the Valley course was still closed and probably would be for the remained of the day and to see if the pro shop was offering anything back for only completing 5 holes.

I headed into the pro shop, and I wish I would have remembered the name of the woman working at the time, but I don't, and asked about the Valley course. She said indeed, the all clear was for the Stadium course only and that the Valley would probably not reopen for the day. I said I understood and asked if there might be any pro-rated refund, being that I only was able to play 5 holes. She asked me my name and tee time, and upon pulling it up, she said that because I received such a discounted rate online, that I should just be happy I got 5 holes in at all. I thought that was quuite the response, and asked really, that's it? And she looked at me and said, "yep, that is it!" And looked away as if to completely dismiss me from the pro shop.

I get it if there is really a policy of no rain checks, but if you are going to treat people like that because they take advantage of an online rate, DON'T OFFER IT AT ALL! I wish I had walked back in and taken all the merch that I bought back and got a refund, but I was ticked and drove off.

Go for the course and facilities, but be wary of the level of customer service. I have received much better at $25 muni's!

23cfff11-06b2-51a8-8e34-fed72b17a57c
Commented on 07/05/2018

Course conditions poor? Before the rain?

World Class

Staff was amazing, course was beautiful. Challenging layout but not impossible for the average golfer. Miss in the right spots and you’ll be ok. Really great value if you can catch it around $100.

Very cool spot

Great place. We played really late. It was a little slow in the middle. But the weather was perfect so it wasn’t a bother. Beer was VERY expensive. Which was a little disappointing. But the rest was awesome. When we finished, they allowed us to drive out and look at the stadium course ($550 isn’t in my budget to play) which was really neat with all the grandstands on 16-17.

Request A Vacation Quote From TPC
Please provide your information below and a staff member at TPC will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Jacksonville, Florida