TPC Sawgrass - THE PLAYERS Stadium Course

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

The PLayers 72 7245 yards 76.4 155
Blended 72 6406 yards 72.0 147
Green (W) 72 5019 yards 70.7 131

The world renowned Players Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass is the first course of its kind. Built with the intention of being home to THE PLAYERS, it was created for spectators. It was designed as the first stadium-style golf course, offering fans clear and stunning views. The challenging layout is routed so that no two consecutive holes ever play in the same direction. Traditional Scottish links-style bunkers, sandy waste areas, and water hazards that come into play on every hole make the Stadium Course even more interesting. There are also hundreds of oaks, pines, and palms throughout the course. One of the most widely known, and feared, holes in golf is No. 17, notorious for its treacherous island green.

Location is at a resort worth the drive convenient to the city   Great for a bucket list/top 100 pick advanced golfers a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"Superb Course"

JohnKMoore1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/24/2018

This course, save the final three holes, seems to lack that "it" that makes a course seem really great. Looking at the holes objectively, it's fantastic. The par 3s have great variety in length, as do the par 4s. Par 5s provide great options as well. What the course seems to lack is that thing that a person can't really define that gives the course a connection, as least for me. That said, the course is incredible.

"Great day on the Links with new friends"

LarryNoli's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/22/2018

What a great day and is this place a factory! The facility is very stream-lined to handle a massive amount of play. They also require a fore caddy to give you yardages and to keep up with the bunker maintenance on each hole.This does help maintain pace. The course was immaculate in it's overall condition. The greens looked somewhat discolored but rolled extremely fast and true. The ONLY criticism is that I went back to cart area after the cart staff had mentioned a 4 caddy was to be part of our group and asked the staff what is the tip amount for the 4caddy should be for him. I had not been told that it was required while in the Pro Shop. They said $25.00 + tip. I had no problem with fee structure. While we played we were told by someone in our group that IF you pay the $25.00 in the Pro Shop, the 4 caddy only gets $7.00 of the $25 + tip you would give him! We all decided to give him the full $25 each on 18 green and the Pro Shop can kiss our #*&*! That is awful for this kid to do a wonderful job and then get stiffed by the facility! Anyone know if this is true? We did not want to go to Shop and inquire and draw unnecessary attention to the young man who was wonderful.

Still a wonderful day and well run facility!

izzylipscomb's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/01/2017
First time playing Used cart

"Great course! Challenging but playable and fun."

LICC's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/27/2017

The beauty of this course is how well-balanced it is. I was afraid it would be like other Florida courses-flat with lots of water that you can't miss. It was nothing like that. Lots of movement and the right amount of elevations and undulations. The fairways move left and right and the greens are outstanding. Some of the holes have a Carolina low-country feel, and others a manicured clean look. It is a fair challenge and you can play safely away from the water. Lots of bunkers running parallel the length of the fairways. Very walkable. I will say that having played Pebble Beach, that Sawgrass is not really worth the same price. But the overall experience was great.

"What an experience"

Kirk5986734's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2017

From the moment you see the TPC sawgrass entrance, you are excited! The clubhouse is jaw dropping in size. The range/practice area is great. They give you about 20 balls for the $550 green fee. We had a caddie named Dan. Good caddie, not great.

Being a 6 handicap I went in thinking I had a legit shot to break 80. I played the 6600 tees.

The 1st hole seems like one of the most forgiving holes On the course. I managed to make par and it went downhill from there. Each tee shot makes you think where to not hit your next shot. This course is NOT your home course and will kick your butt. I ended up with a disappointing 91 but loved every minute of the challenge. If you get the chance to play, be ready! Be ready to hit those 200 yard bunker shots! Be ready to make bogeys.

"Play where the pro's play!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

What more can you expect from a course on the PGA Tour schedule..even better, the home of THE PLAYERS! As a 6 handicap, the course looked visually intimidating off of the tee boxes with narrow fairways and bunkers strategically located in the fairways and around the greens. You can find yourself in some strange spots requiring a miracle to get up & down.

I made par on 16, 17 and 18 which exceeded my goal for the day, which was to make par on 17.

The off course amenities are amazing, like the free engraving of the bag tag, water and of course the clubhouse. Food was great and staff were extremely friendly.

I can't wait to go back and play this course again.

"What an unbelievable day!"

xkyleclark3's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

From the moment you turn to head on the road to the clubhouse, you know that you are somewhere special. The road in was absolutely stunning with tightly mown grass and a look at the majestic clubhouse. Once we dropped off our bags, it only continued to get better as we went down to the excellent practice facility. Any shot that you wanted to practice could be done there. Countless flags and looks awaited as you hit each ball. The starter was very helpful and gave us tips prior to our round. This is a cart path only facility, I would suggest hitting it close to the path if you don't care to walk a lot.

The course was in fantastic shape! The greens were rolling out nicely. I, unfortunately, dunked it in the water at 17. Now I have to come back for redemption! This course certainly lives up to the hype. Glad I was able to check this off the bucket list!

"Mixed Bag"

CABGx7's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/12/2017

Top of the Line: The course is simply beautiful. Course conditions superb. A forecaddie appears to be automatically provided - and that is a good thing though it was unexpected. Ours (Chris) was cordial, witty, knowledgeable and very helpful. Only downer was the couple of dozen or more unrepaired ball marks on every green. They did not affect play on the excellent greens but were unsightly. I can't imagine that being a normal condition.

Not so Good: Despite the bragging in the welcoming email concerning warm-up and practice facilities, the provision of two bags totaling about 20 balls for the three ig seems a tad stingy considering the almost $900 in green fees. The turf on the practice tee was poor to non-existent (the course had hosted a junior tournament in the morning and that presumably created torn-up turf as an exception to the rule for this fine golf course. The course is a cart path only facility and not particularly well designed for that practice. It contributes significantly to the abysmal pace of play. Take a caddie and walk if you can.

Bad: Course was clearly overbooked with a delayed start and an pathetic pace of play - 5 hours, 45 minutes. We waited on every tee except those following par threes and on virtually every shot into the greens. So did the group in front of us.

Awful: I have had the good fortune in the 65 years I have played this wonderful game of experiencing everything from the sand greens and buffalo grass fairways of the rural Dakotas to the pristine conditions of the Augusta National and European links. My son and grandson-in-law have not yet been so blessed. I brought them to Sawgrass as a once in a lifetime experience. Given our 1330 tee time, we each fully expected to spent several hundred dollars following our round on clothing and other memorabilia for ourselves, friends and relatives who will never get the opportunity to see Sawgrass. Much to our dismay and my disgust, we found the proshop closed when we completed our almost six hour round. Given the half dozen or more groups still on the course I cannot comprehend the business mindset of a destination golf course which would allow this to happen (and given the readily acknowledged slow pace of play, it must happen on almost a daily basis). To compound the disappointment in being unable to make the anticipated purchases there was the need to get cash to tip the unexpected but appreciated forecaddie and the only ATM was inside the proshop. When confronted with the prospect of their forecaddie being stiffed the proshop staff agreed to allow the tip to be paid a credit card transfer but would not allow the purchase of goods.

It is a shame that the last memory of a special occasion colors all that came before. Despite the delightful golf experience, discussing TPC Sawgrass will always be a Jekyll and Hyde experience. I had hoped to show my son and grandson-in-law a class act. It did not happen.

"Players Stadium Course continues to get better"

MikeBaileyGA's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017

This is actually the fifth time I've played the Stadium Course and I like more each time I play it. Some of that might have to do with the changes that have been made over the years. Much of it is due to learning the nuances of this course and how best to play it. This is classic Dye in every sense. Know where to hit it and most importantly, where to miss and when to take your medicine, and you can post a good score out here. As for the most recent round of changes – the lake between 6 and 7 and the drivable par-4 12th – I'm on board. I understand after player feedback the 12th will be tweaked before next year's PLAYERS, which will make it a better risk-reward hole. As for the experience, summertime is actually a great time to play it because green fees are less, around $250, and the course is in great shape.

"Fantastic day out."

Steven6368974's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/17/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

I had a fab day day.I arrived alone and was paired with two American couples the two guys played and the wives drove the carts they were wonderful people and treated me with great respect,one of the ladies was born and bred 20 miles from where I live in Scotland so she understood my accent and we had a of fun talking and laughing at life in general .The whole experience was brilliant so I am heading over to America again this year and heading to TPC Sawgrass for another fab day.The staff on and off the course were very professional in every aspect of their jobs.Top notch.Loved it.

"TPC Sawgrass....Bucket List for all!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/14/2017

A small hiccup with the starter but the caddies fixed it with little problem. I should have walked if only to hear the caddies chat...they were exceptionally knowledgeable and very humorous. The clubhouse is phenomenal and the "Munchkins" were very gracious host. Staff is awesome and just plain nice. Worth every penny I paid for the stadium experience.The course and a par on 17 were simply awesome!

"Great course. A must play!"

tejones's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/13/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

A challenging course with nice amenities to enjoy before and after the round. Not worth $500 but close.

ctgolfer82's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/05/2017

"Bucket List Course that Lives up to the Hype"

JustHaveFun's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/17/2016

Perfect day at TPC Sawgrass. The course was immaculate. Having played it 100+ times on video games it was even better in person. The new renovations are fantastic. #12 is now a great hole. Almost every hole is memorable. I couldn't imagine a better golf experience. I obviously had my playing partner record my tee shot on 17. Haven't felt more pressure over a shot in my life. The course is much more than just the island green, but that was still a uniquely special hole. I can't recommend this course enough. My playing partner said it is on the same level as Pebble Beach. Go here!

"Amazing experience!!!"

Rhj26's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/12/2016

Wow is the best word to describe my experience at TPC Sawgrass! My husband and I went to play a round of golf in December for the first time and have been back multiple times since. When we drove up it was absolutely gorgeous, I had heard they did construction so I am not too sure what it looked like before. One thing they offer that I found exceptional was valet service! The parking lot is a bit of a walk and I think it really makes TPC stand apart from other golf courses we have played! Valet guy was so nice and gave us a lot of information since it was our first time there. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming! The course is definitely difficult, but so worth it. We will be back.

"Stadium Course closed until November 2016"

svonjax's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2016

The Stadium course is getting new greens, Practice Area, Parking Lot, new Main Drive up to the Clubhouse and some other changes.

It sure will be a diferent look.

"Great Course!"

Jbb1408's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2016
Previously played Walked Played 18 holes Good weather

We happened to catch the Stadium Course on an extremely windy afternoon. So needless to say it was really tough sledding out there.

This course is not a wide open bombers course. It's a strategic and accuracy driven course. Even from the blue tees, it's not scary long...but you have to hit the fairways! Fairways is the key to playing well here. You can attack greens with short irons if you hit the fairways. If you don't hit fairways...you're hitting out of pine straw, sand, out from under trees, or a thick rough...or maybe even dropping cause you hit the water.

But the experience is great. Great staff up front, AWESOME practice facilities (make sure to hit a few shots out of the sand bunker onto the range...you'll need a few of those shots for your round), and just an overall beautiful property.

I'd recommend getting there 2 or 3 hours early, eating lunch on the patio, browse the clubhouse/locker room, putt and chip, then hit a bucket...and get after it.

We walked and our caddies were okay. They were both young, and took pride in their job...it was just a tough day on everyone with the windy conditions.

This is not a course that will wow you with views like a Pebble or Whistling Straits, so don't expect that. That would be my only complaint...is that they charge the same rate as those places, but the course doesn't have a huge wow factor. It's just a really skinny, challenging course. 16, 17, and 18 are 3 of the coolest holes you can play in the US...so really soak those in. Enjoy!

"Fun and memorable"

CLaw1185's avatar
Hartford Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/05/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Having watched this tournament for many years, and actually attended, I was extremely excited to get a chance to actually play it the course. We stayed on the property and the staff at both the hotel and course make it extremely easy and fun to get around, enjoy the property and ensure you get where you need to get too. Very reassuring.

The only disappointing element was only getting a small bag of balls to warm-up with on the range. I was hoping for unlimited, but I got over it quick. We rode in carts, but had the mandatory fore-caddie, who was great and and nice to have.

As far as the course itself, it was memorable. Seeing each hole in person, as I have for many years on TV was awesome. Some of the tee shots were more intimidating in person than on TV, such as the two par 5's on the front nine, 2 & 9. The conditions were great, and each hole had a different element that really distinguished each from one another.

16, 17 & 18 were definitely the highlights however. The tee-shot on 16 is critical, 17 is a simple wedge or 9-iron, but still intimidating. The green is huge, it's just very helpful to be on the proper level. 18's tee shot is great. The clubhouse in the background, lake to the left and trouble right. A really cool experience.

The property itself is massive, as is the clubhouse. It was a great experience that I can't wait to do again. I played terrible, so I'm excited to get back again, but spending the weekend with my Dad in one of golf's most recognizable spots was pretty cool.

Commented on 01/31/2017

The Stadium Course is the host of the PLAYERS, yes .

Commented on 12/02/2016

Dumb question maybe but this course is different from the players championship? Like there is the stadium course and the dyes course?

I am looking to play the stadium course the course with the island green...

"fantastic"

rockadoo22's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/13/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Played it with my friend and absolutely loved it.The forcaddie,Jason,was phenomenal.He new every blade of grass on the golf course and was a great guy.We played the white tees which was challenging enough.Course was in great shape and greens were smooth and fast.You sure can get in a lot of trouble if you don't have your A game,which fortunately I did.The 3 signature hole,16,17,and 18 I played in double bogey,par,par,which was exciting but I/m glad I hit 17 and 18th greens in regulation.Pricey,but worth it

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Only go to say you have played 17."

Jane5641591's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/14/2015

Fore Caddy great helpful and good at reading greens.Pro shop and clubhouse staff v pleasant and accommodating.Other than that very disappointing.definitely not worth the money other than to check off bucket list to say you have played 17.Course has had a lot of water recently so will give it the benefit of the doubt.Not being able to get carts on course at any point really detracts from the experience.Clubhouse very nice and sitting on patio with view of 18 wonderful (only hole that looks like it does on TV).

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent