Viera East Golf Club

Year Built 1994
Architect Joe Lee

Dress code Proper golf attire is required, Collared shirt for men, jeans are not allowed

Solid golf, great cast of characters

It's always a treat to play a course that gets a lot of use from a loyal clientele.

That was clearly the case when I played Viera East. I teed off as a single but eventually hooked on with a threesome of regulars, who seemed to know everyone else who was out on the course that afternoon. The camaraderie and stories I heard during and after the round spoke to a strong culture, which impressed me for a public course. The atmosphere elevates a fairly basic but functional Joe Lee course layout that was in good shape. Viera East is more than the sum of its parts.

Great place to play!

Course is in very good condition. Greens are very fast and true. Good pace and excellent value!

Nice friendly layout.

FYI- I’m a 12 handicap. This is my second round here. This is a very nice layout and very fair. Most everything is right in front of you. Designer Joe Lee has designed some pretty nice courses in GA, FL and TN, and while I haven't played them all, this layout is among the best of his that I have played. The conditions were respectable but not great, the fairways and greens had some thin spots and the rough had some weeds, but hey, its a public course and I paid $28 on a hot deal.

Enjoyable round of golf.

Strange patron

Some incredibly self centered golfer left sun flower seed shells on every green. Seriously how can anyone eat that many sun flower seeds?

Slow play always a problem

Another 5 hour round, this time on a Monday. No fun to wait for every shot. Never a ranger. Was multiple slow groups. Golf is not made to be played like this.

Excelent

Great course four four hackers from Nova Scotia Canada. Personally best round of the week

Good course couple of issues

Play here often. Overall god course and good value. I don’t like the holes that are near I95 as the traffic noise is very annoying but a good layout and variety of holes.
Conditions are usually very good winter conditions. In the past month something has happened to the greens. The still are putting reasonably well but do NOT look healthy.

My only other issue is with the F&B. For the 3rd time in 6 rounds I’ve had issues. This time I saw the cart girl on about #6 @2pm and asked if I’d see her again “not today sorry“. No issue I’ll get something At the turn. Stopped to a sign on the door “sorry closing at 2:30 today”.
I’m diabetic and my own fault for not bringing something but assumed (we know what that spells) there would be at least crackers. I heard they are trying to assess HoA 7MM for a new clubhouse. They should address current operators first, IMHO

Nice local course

Course was very busy, but it is expected for this time of year. Course in great shape. Looking forward to playing here again.

Well maintained course

Greens were a little sparse, should be better with the good weather we’ve had. Course is very fair off the tees. Kind of wet on the approach aprons, ball won’t hit and roll on. Bunkers good condition. A great time.

Worth the effort

Its easy to find, course conditions are as good as any I've seen in the area,although i haven't been on any of the private courses. Price is fair. Decent range. Lots of tee choices.

The only grump i had other than the never ending slow pace is the F&B. Got rude service from someone because the chair i sat i was in the wrong place. Thought she was going to make me move. We stopped at the turn around 3pm and the cook had left.

All those i came in contact in the golf operation were terrific.

Go and you won't regret it.

Great venue!

The tees and fairways were in excellent condition! The greens were fast and hard and the grass was brown and cut very short. This alone resulted in a 4 rather than 5 star overall rating. The staff was friendly and helpful. Nice amenities with ice water and gps on every cart. Will definitely play here again!!

Hi,
Thank you for your review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your last visit to the course. We love hearing that people are liking the course and staff. We hope you'll stop by again soon.

Good conditions, good golf.

This course is in good shape, fairways are green and new grass makes them better, greens are brown, seems dormant, still fast and rolling true.
We had a windy day that seemed to have most holes into the wind, made for a longer course. You need to position yourself to score on this course, a couple of holes you can unload with driver. Fun to play.

Commented on 02/03/2020

Thank you for your nice review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit at Viera East. Please stop by again soon.

Good vale

Course was in reasonable condition for winter. GPS maps on carts were great, particularly for a first time player at course.

Commented on 02/03/2020

Thank you for the 4 star rating. Please visit us again soon.

Five-some allowed ?

We played Viera East for the third time this year. Course is in great shape. Greens are fast. It Was a cold and windy day. The Course was not busy so we were able to play as a twosome. We did come upon a five some on the third hole. It did not appear like they were willing to let us through and the thought of playing 15 holes behind them was unappealing. We decided to skip a hole and we went by them.
Not sure why courses allow groups of 5, even when it is not busy. At the least they should be instructed to allow fast troops through. We finished the course in under 2 hours and 40 minutes. I expect it would have been 5. We felt sorry for the two twosomes that were behind them as we never saw them again. Good news, playing 17 holes makes it a lot easier to break 80. :)

Commented on 02/03/2020

Thank you for the 4 star rating. We are happy to hear you had a great round despite the cold weather. We know this time of year doesn't always have the best weather. We hope you will be able to visit again during the warmer months.

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.
Featured Content