World Golf Village is home to 36 challenging holes of championship golf. The Slammer & Squire Course is named after the two World Golf Hall of Fame legends, Sam Snead and Gene Sarazen, who served as consultants to the course's designer, Bobby Weed. The golf course is known for its tricky par-3 holes and the carefully preserved beauty of the landscape. Its traditional layout meanders through native flatwoods and hardwood hammocks, running alongside wetland preserves and a wildlife habitat. The scenic Slammer & Squire Course features contoured greens and gently rolling, generous fairways. There is also an abundance of water on the golf course in the forms of lakes and marshes.

World Golf Village - Slammer & Squire Golf Course

Year Built 1998
Golf Season Year round. Peak Season: Mid-February - May
Architect Bobby Weed (1998) Sam Snead (1998) Gene Sarazen (1998) MacCurrach Golf

Caddies Yes
Golf Simulator Yes

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Jacuzzi

Available Activities

Swimming, Fishing, Billiards

Available Sports

Tennis

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2017 #15)

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 38
Entertaining Clients 36

Great fun.

The course has been one that I have wanted to play since taking lessons at the PGA golf school off of the 10th hole. It was worth the wait. I had a great time. I met up with 2 other Golf Now players and was put into their newly formed group. Both of the gentlemen (Mark and Pete) were fun to hang with and made the round that much more fun the more we got to know each other. The greens were as fast as any I have played. The fairways were excellent and felt good under my feet. The carts were great and ran well, were clean and came with towels to dry the seats when it did drizzle. A shuttle takes you to and from the course from the parking lot and it runs constantly. The club house was beautiful and a pleasure to be in. I can not say enough about how well we were treated by the staff and even the cart girl was polite and always showed up at the right times.

Fun course to play

My wife and I played for the first time here and really enjoyed it. We aren’t great golfers so glad we had space between us and other groups playing. It was a little wet in some spots but otherwise course was great and greens were in excellent condition. Only thing that was an issue was it was middle of the day and they were still mowing parts of the course and followed us for a few holes, but was courteous when it was time to take our swings.

Good Course

Good course, well kept, wide fairways and big greens. Not very challenging.

Pleasure to play!

King and Bear was in excellent condition and enjoyed playing this beautiful course very much. Recommend highly to everyone!

Great value

Had one the most enjoyable days on a course while on vacation played with a New Yorker and a couple local the New Yorker was a player we both shot 74 was a great day the course was about 2 weeks ahead of the other courses I played while here will always go back have played the king and the bear in past both are great tracks can’t wait to come back

Great track that can be played long and short

Played two times this week. The greens had been punched about 10 days prior but still rolled around a 9 and true. The sand traps and fairways were perfect. Fun track over all. Would definitely play again.

First time playing this course very nice course Will definitely will play again maybe playing in the winter. As a Florida residents price is on the high side. But great course

Hall of Fame Experience

It’s an all day experience that all golfers must come see and play. My day started off with playing the Slammer and Squire course which was in beautiful condition from tee to green. Greens were smooth and fast and the layout is challenging but getable. Once the round was over I walked over to the Hall of Fame which didn’t disappoint. So much to see and do and you also get to take a swing at their recreated TPC Sawgrass 17th hole. Between the course and Hall of Fame, it’s a must do and see if your in the area.

Hox

Very nice course - but quite busy

We played this course on Friday the week of The Players (the day after The Players was canceled in March 2020).
With thousands of golfers visiting the St Augustine / Ponte Vedra / Jacksonville area looking for a course to play on beautiful day ... the Slammer and Squire like every other nice course in the area was very busy.
Still, the staff was on top of it and kept the pace of play moving right along. The staff was friendly and accommodating, even when it got a bit crazy out there.
The course was in great shape (to be expected in mid-March in North Florida); the greens were rolling true and the fairways were in excellent shape.
As most reviews have mentioned - it's not the toughest course in the area, but for a mid to high teens handicapper playing from the correct tees - its a good course to hit a wide variety of shots.
I'll definitely play this course again.

Good Course

Played The Slammer and Squire yesterday as part of a 9 day East Coast Golf Swing. It was a nice course, and not too hard to get the trip going. There were few forced carries and not a ton of water in play-especially on the front 9. Not the fault of the course, it was really wet due to alot of rain in the area, and cart path only, which slowed the round down some, but still finished in under 4.5 hours which I think is acceptable for a resort course in cart path restrictions. The customer service was just average. They werent rude or anything, but also not overly friendly, and didnt direct a first timer where to go, instead you had to ask to find your way around.
As for the course itself it didnt just wow me. As mentioned, it was in good shape, and wasnt overly difficult. But, it also didnt have that wow factor. Not alot of holes stand out in my memory. Just your average Florida course it seemed. The coolest hole is playing back towards the World Golf Hall of Fame on #9. Its one of those places I'm glad I played once, but probably wont play again, especially for over $100.

First time, compare to King and Bear, this is the course to play.

I played King and Bear earlier this year and Slammers this month. I liked Slammers better than King and Bear. Course was in great shape, value was good midweek, early afternoon tee time and great day of golf overall. Did the Hall of fame in the morning and played around 1:30 PM. Pace was good, greens were pretty fast, fairways were a little wet, from weeks of rain, but ball didn't plug too much in fairways. Think the course is fair, fun and really worth a visit. Will play again.

S&S

Course and staff always amazing. Thank you for Recognizing Veterans and all you dco.

Disappointed

We called the day before to make sure they had breakfast and coffee available. We timed our arrival to allow for breakfast, time on the range and some leisurely putting and chatting. When we arrived the dining room was locked. We asked in the pro shop and were told someone would be right there. 15 mins later, we’re still waiting in the hopes that at a minimum, we can get some coffee. Long story short, 40 mins later, we have our coffee and a breakfast sandwich to eat on the way to hit a few putts before we tee off. We asked about sliding our tee time to give us more time, but that wasn’t an option. Once on the course, we found that the fairways and greens had recently been aerarated, making putting the crowned greens next to impossible, with the ball bouncing left and right with each putt. Chips would sometimes hit and plug rather roll out... or bounce left or right depending on how they hit one of the aeration holes. We found this all ironic, as the starter made a point of telling us that the personality of the course is all about how well you play the challenging greens. I’m sure 8n a couple of weeks they’ll be perfect, but we felt like they should have told us when we made the tee time. Our vacations are few and far in between and to lose one day to a frustrating experience like this, when it could have been avoided was disappointing.

Fun course

First time playing this one and it was very fun. I’ve played the sister course king and bear twice and decided to try and get out on this one. It’s shorter and easier than K&B, but still really fun to play. Overall conditions were great, but the greens had recently been aerated and that wasn’t mentioned. We got stuck behind a group of beginners who had zero golf etiquette, but a ranger caught up to them and allowed us to play through. The course is a little pricey for my liking, but still a nice test of golf. I’ll definitely be back to play.

Won’t play again

Course conditions were good. Pace of play was slow. Too slow... starter was not accommodating and we had a very frustrating experience with the staff. Expected better service and playing conditions at $150/ round. Won’t play again.

Members guest day

The course was in excellent condition. We booked a tee time through a third party. The problem was the course allowed third parties to book golf trip tee times on this course during a members guest day. The grille/bar was closed to non members the entire day. So there was nowhere to eat/drink at the golf course. We had to ask for special accommodations to order from the beverage cart. She was amazing by the way. It wasn’t her fault she was the only option that we had out there. The course SHOULD NOT ALLOW vacationing groups to reserve tee times when the course is tied up with a day long members guest event. Total inconvenience.

Nice Course

I give it 4 stars instead of 5 as my expectations for a $129 greens fee are pretty high. The course is very pretty and I am glad we played but it fell short of a 5-star experience. The layout was pretty but not diverse and the grooming was nice but not pristine; i.e. the greens were just a bit slow and the fairways were in good shape but we would have thought they would be more plush. If this course was located in a more natural setting, I probably would have liked it better but hearing the nearby highway and seeing some housing around the course does detract from the natural beauty of the course. The staff were very friendly and professional - notably the starter and the guys who transported us from the parking lot to and from the course. The pace of play was very good.

Request A Vacation Quote From Florida's First Coast of Golf
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Florida's First Coast of Golf will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
St Augustine, Florida