Red/White at Shenandoah Valley Golf Club

Shenandoah Valley Golf Club
Scorecard for Red/White
Blue M: 69.4/123 309 391 132 486 348 175 414 369 461 3085 383 324 196 363 384 364 282 188 539 3023 6108
White M: 67.5/117 W: 72.2/124 300 369 121 471 334 136 391 346 449 2917 359 290 161 349 361 341 259 155 500 2775 5692
Gold M: 63.2/105 W: 67.5/115 264 283 91 439 265 122 368 314 393 2539 309 230 115 265 301 306 238 125 432 2321 4860
Red M: 62.7/104 W: 66.9/112 254 281 90 434 263 114 368 308 332 2444 307 228 113 263 299 304 237 124 430 2305 4749

Year Built 1974
Fairways Rye Grass
Architect Buddy Loving

Golf Simulator Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Virginia (2016 #7)

9-Hole Rounds 10
Playing Multiple Courses 10

Solid Saturday morning

Paid $22 for our round through GolfNow and we had a blast. The greens on the white 9 had been aerated and sanded so that was a factor but they still rolled well. We were not notified of this but I guess the price reflected that. The pace of play was reasonable and so we were able to take our time and enjoy the round for a Saturday morning. The cart girl made her way around a few times so that was nice even though we did not get anything. The course is a bit quirky, but i like it! You do not have to hit driver in every hole and it is a great course to work on your long irons and short game. When the greens get rolling quick, you have to be able to keep yourself below the hole or your score can balloon pretty fast! Overall had a blast and will be back again. Not the closest course in the area for me, but it is a good course to visit once or twice a year.

Virginia Advisor

Very Good Conditions Despite Extended Wet Weather

The best aspect of Shenandoah Valley Golf Club has always been its excellent course conditioning. Even with persistent wet weather this summer, the course remains in good shape and a fun, relaxing place to play.

While the rains keep coming and coming, the course is still in good shape with almost no standing water, mowing crews still hard at work, and immaculate greens as always. Bunkers look like they’ve been cared after if not totally pampered and the fairways and tees are nice and full.

I still wish the layout out here was more inspired. Every hole that’s not a par-3 is a don’t-think-twice driver hole and very few options from the fairways as well. That said, if your game is suffering a bit, this is a great place to come get some good practice in without feeling frustrated or cheated. Good GolfNow deals can be had most days, just try to avoid all the leagues and group play as this 27-hole course gets crowded quickly.

I recommend giving this and next-door Bowling Green CC a try. They won’t knock your socks off, but sometimes it’s good to just have a nice, stress-free round.

Response from Shenandoah Valley Golf Club on 08/28/2018:
Hello Ben, thank you for sharing your review. We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff at Shenandoah Valley Golf Club and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

Great golf facility

Booked through Golf now for 9:56 AM as a single, got there a little early, loaded my clubs and headed for the first tee. A threesome was about to tee-off, ask if I could join them and they were very nice to allow me to join their group.

I play Shenadoah Valley a few times each year, always friendly staff and the course was in great shape as usual, greens were smooth and receptive, fairways well mown, the rough was a little long but there has been a few days of showers. All around great day.

Another Great Day at Shenandoah

Once again, the course was in perfect condition. With the lack of rain, I was concerned the course may be dried out, but it was fantastic. It was a gorgeous day, so I expected it to be slow. But, once again, the pace of play was great.

Perfect Course on the Perfect Day

I purchased one of GolfNow's Hot deals to bring my brother golfing for his birthday. Everything was perfect. The Course was in great shape. It wasn't too difficult. The staff was friendly, and the pace of play was fantastic. I would highly recommend this course.

Also of note. GolfNow lists this as a 9 hole course. It is actually a 27 hole course. When you sign up for an 18 hole round you are given two of the 9 hole courses (titled Red, White, or Blue) to play.

Always a go to for a Hot Deal

Never disappoints with conditions of the course. Even after little to no rain, course played and looked great. Only negative was the pace of play on this particular day.

Response from #BlueRidgeShadows on 07/16/2018:
Thank you for the 5-stars and taking the time to share your kind feedback with us, Garry! Your comments are truly valued by our staff and we can't wait to have you back at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club again soon.

Always enjoy playing Shenandoah GC. Course always in good shape and greens pretty true. Great place to play for your money!

Course was in super shape. Props to the Green's Keeper and Staff!!! This is a beautiful course and what is great about this course is there are 27 holes and the starter knows his job well and sets up the course to avoid jamming foursomes on top of each other. The pace of play was perfect, never felt rushed and never ran up on the group in front of us. It was a pleasure to golf there and we will be playing there again many times this years. Thanks

Bowling green is great

Course conditions are great and staff is very accommodating!!

Great condition

My brother and I played the white and the blue courses and really enjoyed the day. Staff was great had a beer after and was really impressed with everything. He was visiting the area from Louisville and remarked the great condition.

twenty yrs ago I played the RED (9) and had a hole-in-one on number(6), this time I finished with a FIVE. HOLY MOLY

Great Conditions Once Again

The courses (there are three 9-hole courses) were in perfect shape. Even with the huge amount of recent rains, there were no wet spots on the course that I saw. The staff is always very accommodating in working with me to play the 3rd course during my visit as well. With the fantastic price through GolfNow, it makes the 60 mile trek from my home well worth it.

Great course layout.. Outstanding course conditions.

Excellent customer service. Outstsnding course in every way.

Excellent Experience As Usual

This course is a about 60 miles from my house, so while driving there, I always wonder why I am not playing a local course. Then, when I get on the course, I realize that its well worth the drive, especially if you can get a bargain like this from GolfNow. The courses have a nice variety of challenging holes and ones where you can hit a bad drive and still save par or bogey. The courses are always in fantastic shape. I have played them the day after heavy rain (as was the case on this outing) and never saw any wet areas. Since there are three courses and the replay rate for an extra 9 holes is only $10, I always play all three courses when I go. The staff is always accommodating in working me in so I can play the last course too. There are now a handful of courses in Front Royal, Shenandoah has been and continues to be my favorite between all of them.

4.1206705882