Serenoa Golf Club

Serenoa Golf Club
Yellow 72 5201 yards 65.5 107
Scorecard for Serenoa Golf Club
Blue M: 70.5/125 325 190 320 355 485 173 370 375 500 3093 440 375 515 161 365 360 370 179 475 3240 6333
White M: 69.2/122 322 138 313 342 475 150 343 372 490 2945 393 360 505 152 355 345 360 158 462 3090 6035
Yellow M: 65.5/107 275 120 260 275 420 130 275 300 425 2480 340 310 465 123 335 305 315 144 415 2752 5232
Red W: 68.4/115 271 115 250 265 405 115 265 290 415 2391 325 305 440 113 320 295 300 135 400 2633 5024

Year Built 1990
Architect Mark Alden (1990)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Walking Allowed No

Golf and a drink

Place was in good shape. The back nine are more challeging en the lay-out in nicer. Probably established after the first nine, who are shorter and look older.

We payed 29 dollars with a hot deal. And became a drnk too. More than value for money.

Never again!

Had to wait ages for every shot. The whole course was jammed and the pace of play was the worst I have ever experienced.

There was a ranger going around, however he just said that we should expect slow play.

Shame as the weather was perfect!

The saying is so true, that you get what you pay for, and we paid a low price and due to the waiting time got a very slow and unenjoyable round.

Needless to say I certainly would not recommend this golf course - unless you like to wait 5 mins ifor every shot.

Commented On 11/09/2018

I'm eager to look into what the slow down was yesterday. Feel free to shoot an email to jwhittemore2000@gmail.com with the time you teed off. Once we figure out why it was slow, please allow us to replace your last experience with a better one.

Good course.

Serenoa went through overseeding a few weeks ago, and the results are already showing. Greens are nice. Not fast but putting well. Heavy watering after overseeding makes the fringes pretty soggy. Don’t plan on bouncing one on! The layout is decent and the wildlife is fun to watch, which helps pass time when waiting on slow groups. Pace was predictable. Played front nine in an hour and a half with no one in front until the ninth. Sat behind slow groups on the back and finished 18 in four hours. Overall, good place to play.

Smunger,

Thanks for your review of Serenoa. Yes - you're right, the overseed is coming in well and happy to report that the wet conditions are now a thing of the past. Thanks in part to the overseed maturing and also thankful to Mother Nature for smiling on us recently. Enjoy the weather turning even nicer.... look forward to seeing you at Serenoa again soon.

Overseeding but good

All in all a lovely place to play. Greens were very good. Fairways had been overseeded but were coming in and looked ready to mow. Always enjoy playing here.

Overseeding but good

Fairways are overseeded bit ok. Greens are less than perfect but ok. Good value for money. Always a pleasant place to play.

NFBO,

Thanks for the 5 star review of Serenoa. Yes - the overseeding is now complete and very happy with the results. Look forward to hosting you and your group(s). Booking 7 days ahead is always recommended as the weather starts getting better and better. Cheers and thx again.

Just not worth it

I made the tee time around 1:30 pm the day before, I specifically was looking for a time with many times available around it so I could possibly have a 4 hour round. That did not work, pace of play forced me to quit after 3 hours, and we were only on the 12th hole. The pace was agonizingly slow, I just couldn't take it anymore so we left. The course is in ok condition, I have only played one course in Sarasota that I thought was in good condition, they don't water anywhere down there. I was hoping to like this course but just like almost all Sarasota courses this was a disappointment.

DJH16885,

Very sorry the pace slowed up on you the day that you played. Please shoot me an email to: jwhittemore2000@gmail.com and I'm glad to replace that experience wih a much better one. We'll line you up to play behind some faster groups...earlier in the day perhaps.

Great Must Play Course

First time playing the course. The course and tee box are in great shape. The greens were really nice not scalped like some courses. The sand traps could use a little more sand they were kind of firm. I will definitely be back. The front nine was shorter than the back nine so I scored better on the front .. Actually by 5 strokes.

verhagen,

Glad to hear that you very much enjoyed your round at Serenoa. We love hearing the first timer to Serenoa is impressed by the experience. Looking forward to having you back. Enjoy the weather turning nice!

anneron,

Thanks for the Serenoa review. Look forward to having you back to play again. Hoping that you're already a member of our Loyalty Club (earning you rewards for playing Serenoa) and/or Practice And Play membership (great value).

Best to you

Position off the tee.

Great course, condition, layout, and challenge.

Tee shots are critical. Very enjoyable.

u000004....

Thanks for the great review of Serenoa Golf Club. We're pleased to report that the overseed has grown in very nicely - and therefore conditions would be even better than the last time you played.

Challenging and Enjoyable.

Glad I played here. Need to be fairly accurate and play strategically. Nice property, semi secluded and lots of wildlife. Needs a little attention with invasive grass and signs on some the blind hazard holes but will absolutely play again in the near future.

u000004...

Can't tell you how rewarding it is to see a first time round at Serenoa GC get such a great review. We strive to deliver you with a "resort experience for the day" - and hopeful that we will see you again and again as the weather turns nice. Check out the Loyalty Club as a way to get rewards for doing what you were going to do anyway!

Very enjoyable

This course is fairly straight forward until you’re into it for a few holes......then you need to pay attention. Several holes will surprise you with the shots that you’ll need to make and the hazards that are in play.

Lots of wildlife. For being very wet, course was in good shape.

We will play here again.

Great course, needs a few simple updates

Only one complaint about this course-Please provide the golfer with some course information!! Outside of the 150 pole, the yardage was barely marked. There were signs on the cart path at times but you couldn't really see them from the fairway. More importantly-GIVE SOME INFORMATION ON SOME FORCED CARRIES! There was a hole on the front 9 that had a visible creek, but no clue how far to carry. Another hole on the back had a creek that you can't see at all. I hit a great shot that wound up in the hazard-wish I knew it was there and how far away it was.

On to the good stuff!

The staff was great! Everyone was very pleasant. I saw a complaint about staff friendliness in a previous review so they must've solved that problem. Particularly the bar staff at lunch. Forgot their names but both super friendly.

Value-I thought it was a terrific price considering they give you a good breakfast, lunch AND a beer.

Course condition-I didn't want to downgrade the course based on condition because I'm starting to find out that its pretty typical for all courses around here this time of year to not be tip top. While not excellent-this course was in better shape than the other 4 we played at the same price point. The tees were decent-some needed some work. Fairways were punched recently-no big deal, they played nice. Greens were terrific on the front nine...got a little splotchy and slower on the back.

All in all, wonderful experience, lots of scenic views and wildlife and the course isn't very tough. Will definitely be back and will be happy to pay $30-$40 in the current condition and when things dry up and the weather cools off, I know it will be in better shape and I'll happily pay more.

u000002...

So great to hear that Serenoa GC was in better condition than the other 4 courses that you played while you were in town. Yes - Breakfast, Lunch and a draft beer is our way of creating an "all inclusive resort for the day" experience. I see that you are from Keller, TX. I lived in Roanoke for half my life. Check out Sky Creek Ranch recently?

Members Need To Practice Golf Etiquette

I played this course yesterday with two family members. Even though we had a tee time, we were told to begin play when we wanted. Unfortunately, there was a group of 5 that went out in front of us. We were waiting on them from the moment we started playing. When we came to the first par 3, we expected them to let us play through. They did not. When we came to the second par 3, again, they did not let us play through.

At this point we were frustrated, so we skipped a hole to get in front of them. No one was in front of us, so we played at a good pace until we finished. This group of 5 should have been split into a group of 2 and a group of 3. Better management of golf groups would have prevented this problem. If a group of 5 is allowed to play, management should emphasize practicing golf etiquette for those playing behind them.

Pat279
Commented On 07/19/2018

Golf etiquette is like common sense - everyone talks about it but very few practice it. These over-sized, slow groups really don't give a toot for anybody behind them. Too bad - they give the course a bad name!

Good course.

Front nine recently aerated still filling in. Back nine in good shape. Deer everywhere. Tee boxes on some holes need help. Fairways don’t run out. Good layout. Very enjoyable round. My son and I didn’t wait at all. Finished in 3 hrs. Very friendly staff. All in all super happy.

Nice layout

Liked the layout. Several target holes that made you think before you swung your club. Greens had a number of old hole locations that needed to be repaired. Givin the recent tropical storm , the course was still very playable. I will play there again.

Great value

Staff very accommodating and friendly

Course in good condition

Lots of wildlife

Would definitely go back

Lalonca,

SO TRUIE. The staff at Serenoa are sooo very accommodating. They love what they do - and part of that is welcoming you back again and again. BTW - I was just in Ottawa for the first time. The day of your first light snow. What a great time in a local corn maze and in that great city - a real gem.

Best to you and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Wet yet a great day

The course Monday was cart path only and we started on 10. Sort of threw off my habits but as always the course was ready to play. KC in the pro shop was as friendly as ever and the lunch was perfect. The burgers are as good as any burger joint. The greens were rolling great as always and the fairways were accepting my aweful shots. Still scored an 88 and I will return again and again.

I would recommend the diamond in the rough for any level of golfer.

Steve3225516,

So great to see that we were able to deliver on the promise of a "resort experience for the day." The burger is GREAT - I would agree. AND I LOVE THE CLEVER DIAMOND N THE ROUGH FOR ANY LEVEL OF GOLFER COMMENT. SO TRUE!

You can always visit KC at Legacy Golf Club. He's doing a great job for us there now and we have a phenomenal staff at Serenoa who are eager to welcome you back anytime..

Best to you and enjoy more golf now that the weather is reminding us why we live (or visit) here.

Jon

Nice course some challenging holes

Wish they would provide water on the course every 3 holes.

Commented On 11/12/2018

jtluko,

Thx for the very nice review. We look forward to having you back to Serenoa soon. Appreciate the feedback on drinking water on the course. Although some can be easy to miss - there are 6 water locations available. Holes 3, 6, 9, 12, 15 & 18 have water stops. No doubt that the Florida Sun is potent - at almost all times of the year. When we host junior events we'll even have to restock on occasion to keep up. Important to stay hydrated while out there. Again - look forward to having you back at Serenoa when you are in town!

Good course and value

Good course with small greens, narrow fairways, and relatively short from middle tees.

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019