1 & 10 at University Park Country Club

Platinum 72 6095 yards 70.0 128
Ruby (W) 72 5338 yards 71.9 129
Bronze (W) 72 4875 yards 69.1 125
Scorecard for 1-9/10-18
Diamond M: 74.0/135 390 493 458 411 193 441 533 207 422 3548 390 213 508 373 536 417 186 402 428 3453 7001
Emerald M: 72.0/130 363 470 389 372 165 420 516 183 397 3275 351 186 485 337 502 375 174 367 394 3171 6446
Platinum M: 70.0/125 325 439 381 342 140 367 480 170 379 3023 342 176 471 329 495 362 159 359 379 3072 6095
Gold M: 68.0/120 W: 74.0/119 318 402 349 330 128 332 438 152 358 2807 311 163 443 310 444 329 135 323 342 2800 5607
Ruby M: 70.0/125 W: 70.0/125 312 400 346 269 98 307 435 146 344 2657 300 153 424 304 412 320 123 314 331 2681 5338
Bronze M: 64.0/110 W: 66.0/111 286 357 297 257 84 284 415 119 295 2394 268 137 417 276 404 300 113 272 294 2481 4875

Year Built 1991
Greens Tifdwarf Grass
Architect Ron Garl (1991)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed
Dress code Men: collared shirts & slacks/shorts for men. Women: dresses, skirts, slacks & shorts with a sleeved shirt without a collar/a sleeveless shirt with a collar. No denim, tank tops & athletic wear and cut offs.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2014 #10)

Playing Multiple Courses 30

Beautiful course!

We had a great round and everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. The course is beautiful and has many tee boxes for all levels. Highly recommend!

I’ve played this course many times and it’s in great shape. The greens could be a little faster, but overall very nice. No hidden surprises here. Generous fairways..especially on the last 9. The 3rd, 4th, and 5th holes on the last nine is one of the toughest 3-hole stretches of golf in the area. They play very long when hitting from the black or emerald tees. The last nine is also the longest of the 3, but has the widest fairways.

University Park

Wonderful, respectful staff, top to bottom. Beautiful course. I played holes 10 to 27. Full range of practice facilities included in the price - range pitting, chipping, sand traps. Would highly recommend.

Always Fun!

UPCC is a great track with a great staff from the bag drop to the pro shop to the restaurant.

If you want the best most consistent and convenient track in SRQ.

This is the place

Great Round

Fantastic course and an even better value thru Golfnow. Course was in great shape and the staff was very friendly. The practice range was what you would expect at a private club with unlimited balls included. I live on two private courses, one of which hosts a senior PGA Major Championship and this course was on par with the ones I’m used to playing.

Can always count on a great round!

Course is in great shape. I always look forward to coming back to UPCC<

Nice Track

One of the better courses in the area. Having 3 9’s give you verity. With all the rain in the area the course still looks great.

Always in Top Notch Condition

Great course in great condition. Love this place in every aspect!

Nice course. Heavy rains made it a sholg and greens arrated a few weeks ago but always a nice course

My favourite golf experience in this area

I always anticipate my round at University Park will be very good: it always exceeds that expectation.

The professional set-up here always impresses. From the moment you arrive you are treated courteously by staff members and you cannot fail to be impressed by the buildings and facilities. The various practice areas enable you to warm up effectively, whether with driver and woods/irons, chipping or putting.

There are three nines and I was happy with the selection: middle and then front. The course was in excellent shape, from tidy tee boxes, well-kept fairways and excellent greens. All sand-traps were immaculate.

With all this going for it, I was pleased to play and score well and I did not let the course down!

Every vacation here includes beaches, shopping and dining and at least one round at University Park.

Two different 9’s and both awesome

Played this course for the first time. Played 19-27 then 1-9. Both 9’s were unique and in very good condition. 1-9

Greens had been recently punched but not bad at all.

Staff very friendly and provided great service. Course in great condition. 4-5 tee boxes and greens were large.

Would recommend to play again!

Hidden Gem

This was my second time playing there and it played as well as the first time, the course is in great shape from tee to green, the greens are slow like 87 south going to a Yankees game, that is the one knock I can give the course. The layout is inviting although there is no wow factor to the layout, I have only played 1-18 both times, hopefully I can play the other 9 soon. The starter Sunday morning seemed to think that letting our twosome out early was going to back the entire course up 15mins, news alert buddy, the nice little older women in front of us did that and of course there was no ranger on the course. We did see the cart girl a few times, which was great as it was very hot. All in all my experience at the course has been pleasant and I do endorse university as a must play.

Rainy day at University Park

Course was in good shape well manicured only problem was the rain delays and the greens slowing up due to th e rain. Golf in Florida.

Decent summertime value

We played here on 8/2/18 for about $60. The course was in pretty decent shape, but this was our third round down in the Bradenton area this week and it was the most expensive and compared to the other 2 courses, it was not even in the same ballpark in terms of niceness. Don't get me wrong, this course is nice, but we made the turn in exactly 2 hours and the ranger came out and tried to hurry us and the foursome in front of us along, which rubbed me the wrong way. Additionally, the carts did not have GPS and there were a ton of tee shots where water & bunkers came into play and we had no idea how far away those hazards were... It just seems to me that for the price they were charging, they should've provided GPS-enabled carts or a yardage book. We played Waterlefe and Lakewood National earlier this week and both of those places are both nicer & cheaper. I'd come back here again, but would be hesitant to pay $60. I'd play the other two aforementioned courses 5x before I'd play here again.

University Golf Course

Course was in excellent shape very well cut. It was very enjoyable to spent my time here. Will be back.

Very nearly top class

This was our family three-ball’s first stop for golf during our Sarasota holiday/vacation. We prefer to play early in the morning and avoid the Florida heat (we’re Irish), so 7:15ish seemed perfect. First impressions were good; the cart guys and pro shop were friendly with no issues (aside from an older fellow), as was the starter. The course was a bit damp as to be expected at that time of the morning, added to by overnight rain. The only issue was that the range was closed for mowing - pretty disappointing as we we were looking forward to a good warm up. It would make sense to have this done prior to the 7am starters arriving? It is, after all, included in the price as advertised.

We shoot around 75-85, and found that the emerald tees were a decent test for under-300 hitters. Greens weren’t lightning fast, but rolled true with few imperfections so no complaints there. The fairways aren’t very tight, but to score well it’s challenging enough to make it a fun test. The rest of the course held up great considering the rain and the heat of the summer season.

We enjoyed it so much we returned twice in our fortnight’s stay, once a little later and the last at another early time. Again, the range was closed for the early one with no prior warning which was disappointing, but perhaps it was our complacency that it wouldn’t be the same again that led that to happen. But, the practice area was great when we got the chance to use it. Our biggest complaint was the fact the greens had been aerated without warning or green free adjustment for our last round.

All in all, a great course with great service at a reasonable price, but a few niggles to be worked out to make it top class. The restaurant looked pretty good too, but we didn’t try it. Thanks for having us!

University Park, Florida