Cambridge River Marsh Golf Club - Hyatt Chesapeake Bay

Credit cards accepted: None

The Hyatt River Marsh Golf Club is Maryland's leading Eastern Shore golf course. The classic design incorporates challenging elements including sculpted bunkers and mature trees but balances them with wide, player-friendly fairways and inviting greens. Water has a prominent presence on the course with Shoal Creek meandering through the course and the Choptank River serving as a backdrop to many of the greens. The riverside golf course has the look and feel of a seaside links course. The final two holes are the golf course's most memorable. The par-3 17th requires a dramatic carry over Shoal Creek to a large green strategically guarded by three bunkers. The 17th is a challenging and scenic hole but it only sets the scene for Hyatt River Marsh Golf Club's final hole. Touted as one of the best holes in the Mid-Atlantic region, this classic risk-reward par 5 has a bunker and the Choptank River running its entire length.

Location is at a resort worth the drive convenient to the city   Great for wildlife/ scenic views a weekend splurge advanced golfers   Challenges include bunkers forced carries water hazards   Great for drinks patio dining watching the game

"Great Place to Play"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/18/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

The course was in great shape and the staff was very nice and helpful. There was an opening so they sent me out about 50 minutes early. The greens were slower than I thought they would be but I'm, sure it helped me more than it hurt me. Overall I had a great experience and will definitely be back again.

"Up Scale"

dekesheller's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/15/2017

This course is usually too expensive for my budget but I took advantage of the special rate on Golf Now and enjoyed the experience.

"Always enjoy River Marsh!"

TimothyJ1012508's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2017

Great variety of challenging holes, Challenging, but manageable, making for a lot of fun!

Have played the course 3-4 times each season, and every round has been memorable - even though some of the memories were not exactly what one would like them to have been. But, THAT’s got nothing to do with the course!

Can’t wait to get back out there!

"Very interesting and challenging course"

JRBarnett60's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/09/2017

This was the sixth time I have played this course. It has an interesting and challenging layout, but it is not impossible for average players, especially if you are playing from the white tees. The course was in excellent condition, especially for the time of year, and the staff could be friendlier. I highly recommend playing it, especially with a Golf Now fee.

Irene9655770's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/06/2017

"Great Experience"

peteb48's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/03/2017

I have played many of the famous courses in the US. I’d put this course up with any of them. I played at 6400 yards. Many holes over 400yd par 4’s but fair. Also a 555 yard par 5. I’m a 15 handicap played a really good round and shot an 89. Very happy with my game. The par 3 seventeen is a great hole 195 yards over a creek probably 175 yard carry from blues. Just a great layout beautiful views and great condition.

"Outstanding course"

rtwaka's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/26/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Very good layout, several memorable holes, 15, 17, and 18th in particular. 17th with carry over water was exciting. 18th is not a hard hole if you hit two straight shots. Just a wedge to the green. Water along the entire left side and the hotel behind makes it very scenic.

"Nice course with fantastic ending"

Jeffrey1223176's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017

Had an awesome Labor Day weekend! My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt Resort next door and she supported me in going to play the following day after the rain. I actually played two rounds on the same day, The first round (Golfnow hot deal $74 versus $112) with her driving the cart and the next (play it again round $21) alone. The staff was very friendly and professional. I normally try to remember the names to highlight however this time their names elude me.

Before the course, I'll give a little background to help maybe gage based on my background:

10-12 handicap, average drive 280, fairly accurate with my irons and descent putter. I played from the blue tees about 6,300 yds. There weren't too many tricky areas as long as you played more placement shots versus raw distance although there were plenty holes that required it. More pronounced were the number of fairway bunkers. This is the most I've ever played however shot placement proved rewarding. Hole #6 (par 3, protected environment between you and the green), 8 (par 3 water along the right side, 17 (Sweet, sweet, sweet par 3 must hit across the water 190yds & 18 (the bay along the left side however not really in play yet scenic along with finishing the green toward the resort) had the most character to me. Shot 88 the first time then managed to shoot 78 the second. Love the course and plan on adding this to my annual tour. Highly recommended.

"This course has great potential"

Cydramos's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017
First time playing Used cart Verified Purchaser

Had a good time golfing with my wife. course has a nice layout but the fairways were poor shape for the money to play.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/13/2017

"Challenging but fair"

JRBarnett60's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/02/2017

The course has relatively wide fairways, but there are numerous well-placed bunkers. The greens were in great shape, but a little sore from the recent rain You have to play the course smart, rather than try to overpower it. Hole number 17 is a bear The staff could not be more friendly and helpful and the off-course amenities are top of the line.

"Nice Play to play"

patbon58's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Arrived early. Directed us to the range to warm up. Starter was able to get us out early. Very windy day, but that made it more challenging. Greens were average speed. Course was in very nice condition overall. Had heard it was a very nice place to play, and we received good value. Shop staff was very friendly. Many holes bordering water, or had water in play. The 18th hole was very scenic as water was along the entire left side of the hole. Was a very enjoyable experience.

"Hole 17!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/14/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Second time I played this course this week! The course well manicured, staff always around keeping it pristine! The greens were just right, not too fast and not too slow. Had some simpler holes up to complex and well designed holes to keep it challenging and fun. Staff was as friendly as could be and helpful. Will definitely be playing here more often! First hole in one on 17!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2017

"Nice afternoon basically all alone on the course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

FIrst of all, the course was really nice and is in a really beautiful location. I am local (30 min) and I don't play this course at full price, it is a little rich for my blood and there are fairly comparable courses in the same distance that offer local discounts or lower pricing and are just as challenging, so this round I took advantage of a Hot Deal and played 18 with a cart for like $23.00 so there is no way I can really complain. The course was in great shape period, no further comment needed on that. It was hot, but I played in the summer and it gets hot and humid here so I wasn't shocked. I had the option to pair with another single, he was younger and a cool guy and we had a good time, there was hardly anyone else on the course and this was on a weekend around late morning. The staff was friendly and there is a nice bar at the start/finish and of course a overpriced but fancy hotel right there also, maybe it is just overpriced for me so in all fairness the place is really incredible, even so it just seems a little steep on both the hotel and golf side of things. Get a Hot Deal or discount with the app and you will feel like you got your moneys worth, certainly a steal for anything under $60 and the OC courses that are similar charge $80-$110. I don't remember there being a cart girl but I was drinking water because of the temperature so it didn't really matter. Bottom line in my opinion, if you have a ton of money bring your family and stay the weekend for $600 plus and play the course for $109 and don't sweat it. If you have some money but like to have some left after the weekend, find a deal or play later in the day when the rates drop and drive back home and stay at your house. When I say it is peaceful and fun, I mean you will see deer hanging around on the fairway and in the woods, not annoyingly like the geese at some places but rather nice to see. In this area they are lucky they don't get shot at (hunters not gangbangers) Plenty of water for scenery as it is right on the Choptank River, anyway it is a golf course, you get the idea, go play it for yourself

Jim9636649's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017

I have played River Marsh many times. It is always in great shape and fun to play. They have an excellent staff and ground crew.

"Awesome day! Including Golfboards!"

fhindman's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2017

I had the pleasure of playing this course in May 2017. The Golfboards were relatively new to the course so they weren't super popular in terms of the number of people using them that I saw; however, I went for it and rented one! It was pretty awesome! Especially for someone playing solo or looking for a quick round.

In terms of the course, it's a beautiful layout with that has many tricks and turns. 17 and 18 are worth the cost of admission alone. Definitely make or break type holes. I will recommend this course as well as this resort to anyone.

The only aspect that was not great was the pace of play. Pace of play was pretty terrible honestly. At one point there was a 3 group wait on the 13th hole (we suspect a foursome jumped in front of us at the turn, even though we never stopped for lunch). Anyways, I was on vacation so it didn't bother me a bit. Awesome day at the course and I'll definitely be back.

"G-town blogger"

chagopr's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2017
First time playing Used cart Verified Purchaser

Very friendly staff. Can do better with range balls. They only had 1 small bag with about 20 balls. The fairways are in great conditions and greens too. Greens are hard to read, sometimes fast and slow in others; and then there is the wind. The wind adds a high level of difficulty. However, an over all great experience.

burdie08's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

For the 3rd of Apr the course was in decent shape.

The greens will be totally healed in another week. The greens were still about 9 and when healed will be there normal 10 to 12. Has a lot of bunkers and some are deep. Need to be accurate on tee shots.

"Great employees"

jesusmysavior's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2017
Used cart Windy weather

they have just aerated the greens but they were still puttable. The fairways are so nice the course for this time of year is in very good shape. the staff from the first person you meet to the last one as you are finished are courteous and professional. I look forward to playing here again