Wentworth Hills Golf & Country Club - Semi Private

Dress code: Proper golf attire required. No denim, no jeans.
Credit cards accepted: Amex, Mastercard, Visa, Discover

Wentworth Hills Golf Club in Plainville, Mass. covers a scenic landscape that ranges from densely wooded hills to open, grassy meadows. The greens vary in size and shape from hole to hole, reflecting the diversity of the terrain. They were also carefully shaped and angled to make the approaches especially challenging. More than 60 bunkers are strategically placed throughout the golf course and water hazards come into play on several holes. The eighth and 17th holes are challenging twin par 3s that share a large lake. They present golfers with the decision to either go for the green or play it safe, but the latter will be met with a much trickier shot if you want to make par. Wentworth Hills G.C. is tough but four different tee boxes make the course approachable for every skill level.

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include narrow fairways water hazards thick rough

"Pace of play"

sfla287's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/03/2017

The course was in great shape and played many times. However, today will be my last. The pace

of play was ridiculous, we walked off on the 13th hole at 3.5 hours. The regulars (retired) who have no place to be jammed up the course for some kind of game amongst 3 groups. We called clubhouse and some guy came out and assessed the pace of play. They post on their score card 4:15 pace of play, this would have been 5.5 - 6 hour round. There seems to be a lack of etiquette on today’s golfer and course managers need to be more proactive by keeping a ranger on the course at all times to manage the pace

of play.

"Nice conditions but slow play"

Jim60R's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/22/2017

Course is in excellent condition. The routing is ok but nothing spectacular and in fact pretty short overall. A couple of the par 4's on the back are ridiculously short and should have been lengthened. Nice course to play if you can get there early or late but during the middle of the day it can take forever to play this course. I've even seen people leave in the middle of a round as it was taking way too long. The owners push foursomes out every 8 mins unfortunately. Overall pretty nice course though, just not the toughest. Wish they would really speed up the greens to make this short course much more challenging.

"Obnixious Behavior Tolarated by Staff"

gfkr2's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/27/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

What more can I say other than our round was ruined by the obnoxious behavior of the foursome playing behind us who hit into us, cursed, shouted and finally decided to tee off hitting over us on the 10th hole. I called the pro shop to report the punks after one nearly hit me in the head, and they did nothing. Later the thugs were drinking the bar which made me furious. They should have been thrown out and told never to return. I'd never play Wentworth again. Golf Now should remove this course from its list immediately.

"Crazy Day !"

uJDNF4257JD's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/26/2015

So busy they probably shouldn't of booked our time, but he got us out with another twosome , place was packed, Thanks Again had a great Time conditions are second to not many , if any . we got in 14 for a 2;20 .T before dark.

"Slow pace made for bad day"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/19/2015

There was no parking and tee times were double booked. This short course took over 5 1/2 hrs. 3 groups stacked up at multiple holes and not a ranger in sight. The tee boxes were in bad shape and the greens were littered with ball marks. No doubt I'll never play here again.

"Great shape"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2015

This was the 2nd time playing this course. Hadn't played for quite some time so was pleased with the condition. The fairways were well manacured and the greens were smooth and a littke faster than a medium rating. The tees need a little more eork they were a kittle thin with divots in spots.

"Nice Course"

uDGVS1894DG's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

My wife and I enjoyed the round. Course was in good shape with a couple of greens and tee boxes needing a little TLC. Only complaint would be the two guys who jumped ahead of us on the 10th tee. Course could use a little course management there. Would play again with a GOLFNOW hot deal.

"Excellent Course"

Chris5365557's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/31/2015

Course is very fun and in great condition. I am a beginner so I don't have much to compare it to, but I will certainly play this course again in the near future.

"Very Nice Course"

James4710313's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2015

Overall my golfing experience was very good, the only issue was the attendant checking us in wanted to see our confirmation number. I did not have my phone with me but I told him our tee time and number of players along with my name. I found it I convent and was a bit of delay. This was the first time this has ever happen to me and I book 90% of my tee times on Golf Now.

"well worth the visit"

philzucchi's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/12/2014

interesting course in rather good condition considering the time of year. Some very interesting holes. Back 9, especially those holes which cross into Rhode Island, are a bit short and cramped but overall there are many fine holes. Coupled with the lastminutegolfler deal, great value, great day

"well kept course, good for all levels"

nomadjoe0323's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/12/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Good course for the price, especially with golfnow hot deal. A couple of holes were a little short for the white tees, but overall a nice looking course with enough variation to keep it interesting. I would definitely recommend to someone else and go back again.

"Bang for the buck"

dadrik's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2014

45 bucks with cart, greens were still like the top of the pool table. Rough was up and the grounds crew was already out trying to keep the leafs of the course. Some fairways were punched

"bob o"

cmrol's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2014

makes you think, all different situations but fair you see most pins. Use many different clubs, greens good

"Good course, long round"

Graham7006553's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Played blue tees here which are adequate for 10-12 handicappers. Kept driver in the bag for most of the round - many of the tee shots require little more than 220 yards for a wedge approach. Lots of woods to swallow the ball up, but most are marked with red tees, making penalties minimal if you get lost.

Sole complaint is pace of play - on the front nine, there were routinely three groups on one hole. They could probably space out there tee times a bit more to allow for a quicker round. Otherwise, enjoyed the experience and will be back.

"Beautiful course"

freerecon69's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

I have played several different tracks so far this season and Wentworth by far has the best conditions. Every area of the course is maintained from the tee boxes, to the fairways, to the greens...<br/> I have been a guest at private courses that haven't been maintained as well.<br/> Staff is friendly, course is beautiful, and the food is good. What more can you ask for?<br/> Keep up the good work Wentworth.

"Went worth hills"

ejmac7204's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2014

Course in great shape. Aeration coming 8 /27. Big hitters must adjust to Carry to and over hazards.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Beutifull course, but I felt rushed"

Foxboroughtom's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2014
First time playing Walked

One of the best courses in this part of MA. However, on the day I went, nobody else wanted to walk , i.e., they all wanted to drive carts. Due to this (since I enjoy the walk) , I felt constantly rushed from behind; although the 4-some ahead of me was in carts, they were fairly slow. My experience shows this course had a lot of locals on it<br/> Due to the crowed conditions, I'd consider going over to Chemawa in nearby North Attleboro instead

"Beutifull course, but a victim of its own success"

Foxboroughtom's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2014
First time playing Played as a single Walked Played 9 holes Good weather

This is certainly one of the best best venues in the south eastern MA area. The problem with it is that it was extremely busy; I felt pushed and rushed throughout my play, especially since this course is definitely NOT for those of us who want to walk (I thought I was going to get run over a couple of times by golf carts)<br/> My suggestion to anyone who visits this course is to bring PLENTY of balls; the way the tees and fairways are angled, you will loose plenty of them (and the woods are thick with brush). I'd also recommend not going to this course if you want a relaxing day of play - there are too many locals, in too much of a hurray.<br/> Very well kept course, with interesting greens

"Scared of the rain"

Cjaybird22's avatar
Age:  Under 25

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2014

This is a nice course tucked right over the Rhode Island border in Plainville Mass. You don't have to be a big hitter here, where many of the holes require spot golf and rely on accuracy. Grounds crew does an excellent job especially on the fairways, the only negative would be how slow the greens played. I was disappointed with how soft the staff was blowing the rain horn twice when it was only scattered light rain, MAN UP!. Besides that i thought it was a great course I would return to.

"nice course"

sivasankar's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/27/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

8th hole it tough and easy to lose the ball in the water.<br/> The hot dog was amazing and it is overall nice experience.