Shenandoah Valley Golf Club
Scorecard for White/Blue
Blue M: 70.5/122 383 324 196 363 384 364 282 188 539 3023 546 182 349 425 430 383 398 148 487 3348 6371
White M: 68.5/115 W: 73.2/124 359 290 161 349 361 341 259 155 500 2775 514 175 320 405 402 355 364 131 475 3141 5916
Gold M: 64.4/107 W: 68.5/115 309 230 115 265 301 306 238 125 432 2321 435 148 288 380 299 294 349 119 450 2762 5083
Red M: 62.9/105 W: 66.9/109 307 228 113 263 299 304 237 124 430 2305 403 131 288 268 253 267 291 99 407 2407 4712

Year Built 1974
Fairways Rye Grass
Architect Buddy Loving

Golf Simulator Yes

9-Hole Rounds 10
Playing Multiple Courses 10

Shenandoah valley

Course was in good shape. Rough was high but I expect that was due to the rains we have been getting. I believe Shenandoah Valley was aerating the red and white golf courses today.

Nice track

Course is in pretty good shape for this time of year. Lots of hills so you get a good mix of uphill and downhill shots. Challenging, but fair greens. Will definitely plans here again.

Great day on the links!

Initially had two buddies and myself playing. On Saturday another buddy wanted asked to play. I called the course (even though I booked through golf now) and they made it happen! Thank you Randy!! Course is in great shape! My only conflicting feed back is why was it cart path only? It was very dry. Also the pins were in very difficult spots and ogeberwlly on the side of a slope. I get a few being like that but the majority of them were overly challenging. Overall great experience! Highly recommend going!

Great as always

Course in pretty good shape for this time of year. A little frozen areas today (33’ tee time) and windy but good time with great friends. Definitely a must play if in the area.

Beautiful golf day!

Greens were awesome! Course was nice. Kept on cart path only which is ok. Preserving the fairways was best. Couldn’t ask for a better day to enjoy!

Wet but good

There was a hot deal for $14 on GolfNow so we couldn't pass it up. The course was empty when we tee'd off and the temperature was about 40. Considering how much rain and snow we've had the course was ok. The greens were actually pretty good and rolled true. Weather has been nasty to say the least but it warmed up to 63 before the winds kicked in.

Good course

There was a frost delay but only about 20 minutes past our tee time. Early in the season but course was in good shape for the early spring and rain we have had. Cart path only but we were expecting it. Good value!

Solid Saturday morning

Paid $22 for our round through GolfNow and we had a blast. The greens on the white 9 had been aerated and sanded so that was a factor but they still rolled well. We were not notified of this but I guess the price reflected that. The pace of play was reasonable and so we were able to take our time and enjoy the round for a Saturday morning. The cart girl made her way around a few times so that was nice even though we did not get anything. The course is a bit quirky, but i like it! You do not have to hit driver in every hole and it is a great course to work on your long irons and short game. When the greens get rolling quick, you have to be able to keep yourself below the hole or your score can balloon pretty fast! Overall had a blast and will be back again. Not the closest course in the area for me, but it is a good course to visit once or twice a year.

Virginia Advisor

Very Good Conditions Despite Extended Wet Weather

The best aspect of Shenandoah Valley Golf Club has always been its excellent course conditioning. Even with persistent wet weather this summer, the course remains in good shape and a fun, relaxing place to play.

While the rains keep coming and coming, the course is still in good shape with almost no standing water, mowing crews still hard at work, and immaculate greens as always. Bunkers look like they’ve been cared after if not totally pampered and the fairways and tees are nice and full.

I still wish the layout out here was more inspired. Every hole that’s not a par-3 is a don’t-think-twice driver hole and very few options from the fairways as well. That said, if your game is suffering a bit, this is a great place to come get some good practice in without feeling frustrated or cheated. Good GolfNow deals can be had most days, just try to avoid all the leagues and group play as this 27-hole course gets crowded quickly.

I recommend giving this and next-door Bowling Green CC a try. They won’t knock your socks off, but sometimes it’s good to just have a nice, stress-free round.

Response from Shenandoah Valley Golf Club on 08/28/2018:
Hello Ben, thank you for sharing your review. We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff at Shenandoah Valley Golf Club and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

Great golf facility

Booked through Golf now for 9:56 AM as a single, got there a little early, loaded my clubs and headed for the first tee. A threesome was about to tee-off, ask if I could join them and they were very nice to allow me to join their group.
I play Shenadoah Valley a few times each year, always friendly staff and the course was in great shape as usual, greens were smooth and receptive, fairways well mown, the rough was a little long but there has been a few days of showers. All around great day.

Another Great Day at Shenandoah

Once again, the course was in perfect condition. With the lack of rain, I was concerned the course may be dried out, but it was fantastic. It was a gorgeous day, so I expected it to be slow. But, once again, the pace of play was great.

Perfect Course on the Perfect Day

I purchased one of GolfNow's Hot deals to bring my brother golfing for his birthday. Everything was perfect. The Course was in great shape. It wasn't too difficult. The staff was friendly, and the pace of play was fantastic. I would highly recommend this course.

Also of note. GolfNow lists this as a 9 hole course. It is actually a 27 hole course. When you sign up for an 18 hole round you are given two of the 9 hole courses (titled Red, White, or Blue) to play.

Always a go to for a Hot Deal

Never disappoints with conditions of the course. Even after little to no rain, course played and looked great. Only negative was the pace of play on this particular day.

Response from #BlueRidgeShadows on 07/16/2018:
Thank you for the 5-stars and taking the time to share your kind feedback with us, Garry! Your comments are truly valued by our staff and we can't wait to have you back at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club again soon.

Always enjoy playing Shenandoah GC. Course always in good shape and greens pretty true. Great place to play for your money!

Course was in super shape. Props to the Green's Keeper and Staff!!! This is a beautiful course and what is great about this course is there are 27 holes and the starter knows his job well and sets up the course to avoid jamming foursomes on top of each other. The pace of play was perfect, never felt rushed and never ran up on the group in front of us. It was a pleasure to golf there and we will be playing there again many times this years. Thanks

4.3911941176
4.3911941176
4.2520235294
4.2044588235
Boyce, Virginia
Stephens City, Virginia

Valid dates: May 27, 2019 - Sep 01, 2019
Experience golf at its best on five fully renovated championship courses in pristine condition. This summer, villa accommodations start at just $232/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary Hotel from $404/person/night (midweek).
TPC Sawgrass Experience Golf Package
PARK CITY VACATION DEALS
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!