Looking back from the 15th green at The Natural at Beaver Creek Resort

The Natural Golf Course

Year Built 1992
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Jerry Matthews (1992) Ray Hearn (1992)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Restaurant

Lounge, Sauna

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Minigolf

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Michigan (2015 #18)

Group Getaways 8

The natural

Very green course. Tight driving holes! Very nice greens.

Response from on 08/22/2017:
Thank you for sharing your experience, Jason. It sounds like you had a great round! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to boost your review up to five-stars during your next visit!

Beautiful course and conditions. A lot nicer than courses just south.

Response from on 08/11/2017:
Thank you for coming out to play at The Natural at Beaver Creek, and sharing your five-star experience. We're happy you can rate us this highly with the sheer number of courses back in Central Florida!

Beautiful course. Tough, but fun test.

Greens were fast and tough to read, very grainy. But the course is beautiful, quite hilly. Fun to play.

Response from on 08/11/2017:
Thank you for your review and feedback, Glen! We're glad you enjoyed your round at The Natural!

Play the Natural

The Natural was in great condition. I could tell that a lot of over growth has been trimmed back to restore the courses original look. Golf carts looked brand new. Paved golf cart paths looked brand new. Everyone there was friendly to us. Greens were a little slow, but consistent. Play this one if you get a chance. Up North golf with tight fairways, long carries over wetlands, and elevated tee boxes.

Response from on 08/09/2017:
Thank you for sharing your five-star experience at The Natural at Beaver Creek! We're glad you enjoyed your round!

nice layout, with some nice holes by the water

Challenging, but manageable for the average golfer.

Response from on 08/07/2017:
Thank you, Garry!

Bring your A game

If you do not like target golf than do not play this course. Of course if you enjoy beautiful Mchagan and are not concerned too much about where the ball goes then you must play this course.
Lovely elevations and sweeping dog legs and greens that will drive to drinking.
Fabulous test of golf.

Response from on 08/07/2017:
We are glad you enjoyed your experience and the style of our course, emiliocan! Thank you for your five-star review!

natural

Very nice resort course,condtions and layout were quite nice.Staff friendly and helpful,good value for a pleasant Gaylord course

Response from on 08/03/2017:
We're glad you enjoyed your round at The Natural at Beaver Creek, mjwdelivers! Thank you for coming to play our course!

3-4 groups waiting on half of the holes and no ranger.

Response from on 08/01/2017:
Thank you for golfing The Natural and for your feedback on your round.

slow day

6 hours 15 minutes to play 18 holes. Was told at the end there was a group of about 30 in front of us. Why don't they tell you that before you go out so you can prepare. Sitting out there with nothing to eat or drink and no beverage cart running....long long day. Other than that NO complaints. Course in great shape.

Response from on 08/01/2017:
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the course, and appreciate you sharing your experience with us.

Breathtaking

This was one of the most beautiful courses I have golfed at. It was very challenging but not too much. The staff was awesome from the young men/women who greeted you to the staff who served and the ones who cleaned my clubs at the end of my game,. I will return again when I am in the area, absolutely loved it!

Response from on 08/01/2017:
We're glad to hear you enjoyed your round, Weezer195! Thank you for your review, and we look forward to seeing you when you are in the area again!

Tight, tight, tight

Stay on the fairway or you will cost yourself a shot. The rough is thick and the trees are close. Every home offers something different from the hole before. The course was very wet, but still beautiful. The greens were quick but fair.

Response from on 08/01/2017:
Thank you for your review and feedback, Mrklig! We hope you didn't hit the rough often, and are glad you enjoyed the course!

Tranquility Personified

I don't understand why but, we almost had the course to ourselves. We only saw other golfers twice the entire 18 holes. The course and surroundings were pristine. The pro shop and restaurant are very nice as well as the personnel. We definitely will return!

Response from on 08/01/2017:
Thank you for your five stars! We're glad you had a quiet, relaxing Thursday round at The Natural at Beaver Creek!
Michigan Advisor

Improvements from the past

It has been 10 years since I played the Natural. There has been improvements with Cart paths and overall course conditions. There was one hole on the back where it appears they have an old bunker and can't decide what to do with it (my opinion). Other than that the course was in the best condition since I played. If you want reasonable priced place to play in Gaylord area I would certainly return. This not going to have the viewing vistas of Treetops or Tribute but it is solid course. The only other issue was the person opening was late. Said couldn't let us on the course early. Wasn't the issue we were there early to hit some balls and get a little practice in.

Response from on 08/03/2017:
We're glad you came back out to play The Natural at Beaver Creek. Thank you for your review and feedback on your experience!

Very nice course from what it was a few years ago Greens are in great condition, staff very friendly

Response from on 08/01/2017:
Thank you for your review and compliments of the great staff at The Natural at Beaver Creek!

A Natural Transformation

Perfect conditions, friendly folks and the new cart path has transformed this course back into a jewel near Gaylord, Michigan. My revisit was worth while. One of best set of closing three holes in Michigan.

Response from on 06/12/2017:
Thank you Dan! We're glad to have you back for another round and appreciate your outstanding review!

A Gem in the Woods

We enjoyed our round at this course. The first 9 holes were a little slower with a threesome ahead of us where one golfer for sure was a beginner. The course was in excelllent shape with paved cart paths and woods surrounding each hole. There were a couple of holes that were odd esp. hole 18. Some shots were blind and we surely would have played some holes differently with course knowledge. All in all a pleasure to play. We enjoyed ourselves and probably would not have found the course had it not been on golf now.

Response from on 06/02/2017:
We're glad you found us, lmaule! Thank you for coming out to play The Natural, and for reviewing us. We're happy to hear you all enjoyed your experience, and hope that you will be back again for another round soon!

Keeps Getting Better

I reviewed this course back when I played it in October 2016, but wanted to write again. Something about it keeps bringing me back. The fresh asphalt cartpaths constructed last year really make things SMOOTH. Also, the removal of many trees has really opened up some areas for sunlight to boost some growth (especially behind #2 Green and along-side #13 Fairway, always a tricky hole). The GREENS were putting very FAST and TRUE even with wet conditions as I endured all day. Bring your A-game to this A+ course.

Response from on 05/31/2017:
We appreciate your continuous support, MSTRN8! Thank you for coming back to play the course again this year, and for your great review!

although the weather was a little cool, the fact that there were not many golfers on made it very enjoyable. it was challenging because of the narrow fairways and trees but was a lot of fun. the greens were a litte slow but overall we had a great time. i would definitely play there again

Response from on 05/22/2017:
Thank you for coming out to play The Natural, Scott! We appreciate your review, and look forward to your next visit!
Response from on 05/17/2017:
Thank you for your rating!

The Name Says it All.

The Natural is exactly what you get...Natural beauty. Not too much earth moving to sculpt this gem in Northern Michigan. Gently rolling hills, with occasional dramatic change. Holes cut out of woods, with tight fairways and large greens. Not terribly long, but quite the challenge.

Played mid October for 40.00 on a monday, well worth it. Had the entire course to myself. A little disappointed with the Fall leaves cleanup, but nontheless had a great time. Brand New asphalt cartpaths adds a MAJOR facelift to once detereorating gravel paths. A shotmakers course. Bring your A-Game

Public/Resort