Type Public/Municipal
Style Traditional
Wildhorse Golf Course

Year Built 1959

Golf School Academy Yes - "Wildhorse Golf Academy"

Dress code Proper golf attire.

19th Hole Specials 8

Don't do it

Course was in horrible shape. Played here on a hot deal and it was too much. I don't think there is any reason I would ever play this course again......

Commented on 03/23/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to the course. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing WildHorse Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Hello, u314159753048. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give WildHorse Golf Club another try in the near future.

Good and Bad

Greens were nice but fairways and all other grass still not ready for play. Maybe a month this course will get more grass and less dead. Some courses green up faster than others and this one is not ready. One side note. half the course has just average or below average houses then you have a pat that has huge and very nice houses. Different.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Hello, tominiowa. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give WildHorse Golf Club another try in the near future.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Thank you for visiting us! We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Visiting from Canada

The course was not in great shape overall. The fairways were rouch and extremely hard making it difficult to get the club under the ball. The greens were in good to great shape. The staff were very friendly. The overall experience was very good.

Commented on 03/23/2020

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at WildHorse Golf Club!

The course was ready for me.

I enjoy this course very much and so I often challenge myself by playing around with my woods only, including a 7 and 9 wood. Then I play my hybrids with a 2 wood to tee off with and only using either the 7 and 9 wood or 7,8 and 9 irons. Then I play my irons only, all my clubs are from Warrior Custom Golf suited for me and this has allowed me to play much better. With my iron set I have a 1 Diving Iron that is use off the tee and off the fairway. Yes that is right a One Iron. It gives me so much roll that I get a good average of 148 total distance off the tee and 130 to 140 on the fairway. At age 73, I do not have a lot of speed in my swing so I have to play with accuracy and position to get my pars and a few birdies per round. I know how to play long irons and my 2 wood and 2 hybrid very well so I have a lot of fun on this course as it is challenging but playable with the correct mind set. The conditions of the course will dictate how well I play my irons because often the playing season is dry and the lies are very tight. But I sweep the ball in such a case and get good results with my irons.
I have included another photo of my Hole in One moment I shot Jan 4th of this year. If I can get lucky and do it so can you on this great course.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing WildHorse Golf Club!

First game of the year

We booked this course through golf now and the price was great. Since we had just arrived from Canada for a two month stay this was our first time golfing. The Wild Horse Golf Course was a great first course. It had good a variety in the holes, with the distances being challenging for us. Will be back!

Commented on 03/23/2020

Hello, u814430170. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give WildHorse Golf Club another try in the near future.

Wild horse

This was a very nice laid out course that added some difficulty throughout the course of play which my wife and I both enjoyed.

Commented on 03/23/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing WildHorse Golf Club.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Hello, ssssssssssssssssssss. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give WildHorse Golf Club another try in the near future.

Course review

Very poor conditions, very hard to find green grass on the fairways let alone brown grass. Will not go back

Not to Shabby

2nd time playing this course, first time was windy and was a rather challenging course with a lot of water in play. 2nd time was beautiful out and was a lot of fun to play. I was a single with another single in front and one in back pace was rather fast but overall pretty good.
Id recommend for anyone looking for a cheaper fun course to play with higher handicap.

Had a great time

The course was a great challenge and being a single, I was grouped with a wonderful 3some that were very gracious and a lot of fun to be with

Commented on 01/23/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us Byron. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Wildhorse Golf Club thanks you!

A good course to learn course management!

This course has some very interesting holes to play on. If you pay attention the lay of the fairways and different approaches available to use to arrive at the green or on the green you game skills will improve. Some courses I play are simply a hoogepause of fairways with not so designs to allow you to.work the ball to the green and a good lay up position. WILDHORSE is a course course management because you have difficult holes that require understanding course management if you are going to birdie or par the hole.

Long ball hitters may think that the only way to play the course like so.many is hit the bomb. I have play with them and scored better for one reason. I have a very good short game from 130 yards out and usually par the hole if not birdie it with a very good approach shot and one putt.
Long ball hitters think that is all they need but what I see from thses players is ball out of bounds and wasting strokes getting into the cup. WILD HORSE is a great course to study and learn from.
Another area I like to practice on is the Las Vegas course on Las Vegas Blvd and Sunset. The putting green is an excellent green to practice lagging balls close to the cup. The green is not level at all. It is very hilly makinge it difficult to hit straight to the cup. You have to work the ball to the cup. I like the green because I developed a good feel for my clubs in placing the ball.close.to the.cup. In every round of 24 balls I will sink 1 or 2 but my purpose is to lag tje balls around the cup for an easy putt in.
The green is is far from being in good shape now but learning to lag balls close to.all the cups has really cut 3 to 5 strokes or more off my game. LAS VEGAS DUFFER. I HAD A HOLE IN ONE JAN4TH 2020 AT WILD HORSE HOLE 4. May you all be so lucky this year!!

Commented on 01/23/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Congrats on your hole in one! Thank you for playing Wildhorse Golf Club.

nice layout

I liked the price it was 68' out. I notice they must not water as much as other courses, still white grass in rough, and weird grass on the course, almost like solid moss, grabs your club or tear up resulting in usual hit.

Commented on 01/12/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we hope to see you again soon.

Great Staff, horrible condition.

Staff here is wonderful. Pro shop woman was very nice, outside services and starter were great as well. Very very disappointed with the fairways, rough, and bunkers. Fairways were painted green and the tile in my home is softer. The greens were in good shape and broke true. $40 for 18 holes is very overpriced for such poor condition. It’s unfortunate because the staff and course layout is great.

Commented on 01/12/2020

Hi Mike. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge. We hope to see you again in the future.

My First Hole in One was made today on a very difficult Par Three.

What in the world could go wrong today?? On the 4th holes a Par 3 with a lot of water protecting the green and a slanted green that often rolls your ball off it. I struck a Hole in One with my new Warrior Custom Golf 7 Iron. What a way to break in my new set of irons? I need not say more about this day or the course. All was perfect.

Okay I have to admit I am not the pro I think I am after that Hole in One. I ate some good crow two weeks later when I shot a seven on the same hole. In the trap and out nicely but the ball kept scooting past the hole each time I putted. This course fools me quite often and I like it because I have such different experiences playing the course. It is not one of those courses that you seem to master after ten rounds and things get boring. Not here, I can tell you. The degree of challenge is always changing. Always fun for me and my wife who had had two very close Hole in Ones on two other Par threes. I think she is going to catch up to me and keep going! Gad I better polish my 7 Iron and treat it well!!

The course was in good condition and the greens where great.

Commented on 01/12/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Wildhorse Golf Club.

New Years at Wildhorse

Course about normal for this time of year, greens fast and in ok shape. Hillarious, they painted the fairways.

Commented on 01/12/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

4.4401941176

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.