Type Public/Municipal
Style Traditional
Wildhorse Golf Course

Year Built 1959
Architect Bob Cupp (1959) Hubert Green (1959) Lee E. Schmidt (2004) Brian Curley (2004)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Wildhorse Golf Academy"

Dress code Proper golf attire.

19th Hole Specials 8

Good course for the money

Good course. Pretty good condition, some challenging holes, especially the par 3’s. Most over water

Nice staff, really good green fees for Vegas

Very nice course

Great course, great creativity with the layout. Staff was professional yet still friendly. And GREAT replay price!!
only complaint is most of the tee boxes are too close to fairways, so there is increased risk of you getting hit and/or someone picking up your ball(the latter happened to us, but we almost got hit a couple times too)
And they need to add a few more signs so people won't get confused on where to go (i think it was holes 5 thru 7?)
Having said all that, i could not wait to play it again but we just didn't have time due to the late tee start.

What a great surprise

Excellent layout. Played from the tips and it's everything you could want. Plenty of length, subtle doglegs and a number of drives where your challenged to find the fairway with trees and water in play. A very enjoyable day!
Only disappointment was the speed and condition of the greens, somewhat bumpy and slower than they should be.

OK Course for the Cost

A decent course--not lush but very playable. Greens good, fairways a little rough. Several holes with water in play. Good course for all abilities. They good color code the tee positions better so as to stand out--green, gold, and black horseshoes all look the same. Several tee positions are elevated from one another. As a first time player, had some difficulty finding my position.

For the money we payed it was great. I'd go back to play again. Staff super friendly

Very slow

It took 3.5 hours to play 11 holes. Why only 11 holes? Because carts have to be in at 6. My tee off was at 230. The staff just lets people go out and have fun. Every hole we played there was someone on the fairway, people waiting to tee off, then my group in the hole. The greens were beat up as well. I thought I would give this course another try this time but nothing has changed since the 110 degree summer heat in July. The sad thing is, is this course has a lot of potential and I enjoy the layout a lot. It could be an extremely nice place.

The Course that challanges me and I like it!

Here is a course I really enjoy. I play it 40 to 45 times a year and that means in the hot 108 or more summer days and in the cold winter days. The course can offer some challenging holes to play on, especially NO: 9. But with good course management you can shoot a great game. I have moved from the high 80’s to the high 70’s on this course and it is due to learning how to play given the seasonal changes. The condition of the course is good or very good given the weather. The greens are in good condition now and are faire conditions in the later winter early spring. For me playing golf is accepting the challenge the course gives you at the moment in the season and weather. If I want to play on perfect conditions I go to a indoor golf range. In the 1880’s the Scottish and English played in fog, rain, hail, snow and freezing weather. I believe they still do pay in all weather conditions today. So I have nothing to complain about given the fine weather we have here in Vegas year round. A bad course is one where you can hardly reach the green without having to shoot over a gully 125 yards wide or more. Otherwise give me what you got and let me figure out how to play the hole. I enjoy what Mother Nature does to a course in different seasons and Wild Horse is fun because it changes as the weather does but it is always a lot of fun to play for me.
The GPS system on each cart is what I really like about the course because it has helped me select the club I need to play well. You don’t get this nice amenity on other course that charge more. The driving range is set up well with distant markets and usually you play off grass. The putting green is large and wide with a good shady areas to putt in. The chipping area is a bit difficult to work with as it challenges your skills in the sand bunker or the large deep bunker on the east side of the green. The other three side approaches have typical green conditions that will help you sharpen your chipping.
Another enjoyable thing about Wild Horse is the staff. The cart fellows do a great job of coming out to the bag loading area and fetching your bags, getting you off on time and cleaning your clubs well when you come back in. And then they escort you to your car and load the bags. Please remember these fellows work for tips. They do a fine job of taking care of me every time I am there. They inspect the carts to be sure they are always clean. The pro-shop staff and restaurant staff are always friendly and quick to serve you and assist you when you need attention. Go out and play the course, learn how to manage each hole and your score will fall nicely. Hit the ball well my friend, Las Vegas Duffer.

A challange to my fellow golfers!

The course has some challenging holes but once you learn how to play them you will score well. The unfortunate things about the course is the amount of men who think they should play off the black tees then spend time looking for their balls 170 yards away. Golfers should learn what tee box they should use to make the game much more fun for them and faster for those following. Tip, Average drive less than 210 yards use the front tees. Between 210 and 250 yards use the middle tee box. Only a suggested guideline but a good one to make your game more interesting and lower scores achievable.

Commented on 10/08/2019

I totally agree. As a senior that now has a drive of about 190 yards, I learned this past summer that moving up to the gold tee boxes makes the game much more fun. I much prefer getting on a par four in two and having two putts for par than on in three and leaving one putt for par.

Commented on 10/08/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Wildhorse Golf Club.

An average course in Vegas

I have played this course before and it is an ok course for the price paid. Greens are small. Some need work on them.

Commented on 10/07/2019

Hi Rich! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 10/04/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Wildhorse Golf Club!

Nice course and nice value

I come to Vegas this week more than 10 years and the prices for golf have sky rocketed. This course was one of the better priced clubs and so there were a lot of people at the course,however,the pace of play was very good until a back up at the longer par 3 (14 or 15 ?). We played here before so that shows we like the course and that we like its conditions. We was helpful too,my nephew got a bloody nose and the man in the pro shop helped him while I was with the starter.

Beautiful course in need of maintenance

This could be a beautiful course if better maintained. Goose droppings were really bad on several of the tee.off areas, Disgusting. They apparently had no been cleaned up or inspected in several days. There were extreme amounts so pretty evident it was several days. Also a couple of the greens were very rough.
The ninth hole is beautiful and challenging. It is whole in the picture here on the site. Nice variety of narrow and wider fairways. Beautiful large homes around the course. Has a lot of potential.

Commented on 10/02/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Reseeding

Greens were rough and our foursome was held up by a twosome.

Commented on 10/01/2019

Muni with potential

Muni course owned by City and as such no clue to how to maintain the course. Great layout. Fun design. Greens worst I putted on in twenty years. Greens per staff Over seeded but opened before any grass grew in.
Starter has no clue. Pushing off groups as fast as possible. Slow groups on course ignored as they backed up course. Driving range on mats as there is no grass on range. Course overwatered and wet but could be part of over seeded might yet fairways do not appear to have been over-seeded.
Younger Attendants before and after golf working hard and have friendly attitude. Older outside staff act like they would rather be elsewhere.

Commented on 10/01/2019

Hi Terry, we were verticutting the greens in preparation for overseed. It thins out the grass and the stress will turn it brown. Once the new seed comes in (typically 2 weeks), the greens and tees should be good again. While we do agree that this is not optimal playing conditions, we do look forward to the fall season as the process has gone very well and we anticipate good playing conditions. We hope you will consider returning in the near future.

Layout is awesome

Fairways are great Staff is awesome , greens just got punched last week there’re bumpy, overall course is fun and steady. A must play for the price.

Commented on 09/24/2019

Hi, thank you for the four stars! We are glad that you had a good time at Wildhorse Golf Club. We'll see you again soon.

Dead Grass Tee to Green

I could tell that the course used to be and could be decent but as soon as you arrive to see dead grass everywhere you know you’re at a track. Not sure if they forgot to water or the aeration killed the grass but it’s beat up. It doesn’t matter so much on the tee and the fairways were green in most places but the greens were terrible. While they held some sense of speed, my ball bounced all the way to the hole. I hope they can get this place back to looking good again and that the current conditions are only temporary. All that said, for $20 it is what it is but I am visiting Vegas. If I lived here and just wanted to get a round in on a easy course then this place is fine. But there are too many much nicer courses at $40 that make it difficult to see myself ever returning here.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Hi, we are sorry that you had a poor experience recently. We were verticutting the greens in preparation for overseeding. It thins out the grass and the stress will turn it brown. Once the new seed comes in (typically 2 weeks), the greens and tees should be good again. While we do agree that this is not optimal playing conditions, we do look forward to the fall season as the process has gone very well and we anticipate good playing conditions. We hope you will return in the near future.

Terrible condition! A total waste of time and money!

Commented on 09/23/2019

Commented on 09/20/2019

Course needs care

I’ve played 40+ rounds throughout the nation this year and not 1 course twice. This course was in the worse condition than all 40+. The greens were not even in condition to putt.

Recommendation — the course needs closed for re seeding and green management.

I’m sorry to write this review but I would not recommend to anyone at this time.

Commented on 09/16/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 09/09/2019

Hi jdkasdna. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing WildHorse Golf Club.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020