WildHorse Golf Club

Wildhorse Golf Course
Black (W) 70 5529 yards 71.5 118
Silver 72 4995 yards 68.4 109
Scorecard for WildHorse Golf Club
Green M: 71.4/136 316 156 403 205 543 157 380 416 398 2974 416 132 393 441 252 434 603 509 371 3551 6525
Gold M: 68.6/127 300 147 383 170 506 143 336 376 363 2724 401 131 370 419 222 399 535 491 345 3313 6037
Black M: 65.6/113 W: 71.5/118 294 122 338 152 471 133 307 321 325 2463 360 124 341 372 178 391 514 459 327 3066 5529
Silver W: 68.4/109 272 109 313 128 430 126 278 289 294 2239 335 105 320 350 148 354 427 421 296 2756 4995

Year Built 1959
Architect Bob Cupp (1959) Hubert Green (1959) Lee E. Schmidt (2004) Brian Curley (2004) Wadsworth Golf Construction (1992)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Wildhorse Golf Academy"

Dress code Proper golf attire.

19th Hole Specials 8

Wild horse golfing

Tee boxes and greens are great, but fairways dry and brown. Good pace of play, Still had a good day!

Walked away after 11 holes....

Booked this course based on “some” of the Golf Now reviews. Understood that overeeding was done a couple months ago, and it was carts paths only last month.... but NONE of that shows in terms of course conditions. We played Rhodes Ranch the previous day and it was night and day. (Loved Rhodes Ranch - EVERYTHING about it)

Wildhorse has horrible, dry and patchy fairways. The greens were inconsistent, other than the fact they all were like concrete.

We played 11 holes and decided not to continue - took three hours / 15min to finish 11 holes. There were 3 carts, and six people in the group ahead of us - a stag, with an extra cart and two people to carry the beer and loud speaker. We never saw a Marshall and it wouldn’t have helped to play through due to the six people in the group ahead of them.

If you are looking for a less expensive round, with a group of buddies for a stag, no rules / restrictions, and the ability to party on the course... then Wildhorse is the place.

But, if you are a golfer - especially one that has travelled, dragged your clubs through the airport to get a few rounds in on your golf vacation - then this isn’t a place to spend five or six hours while wishing you read a “real” review of the course.

I’m not looking to “bash” the course, but I had my 74-year old dad join me in Las Vegas on his birthday for a week of golf and this was a complete disappointment. We unfortunately thought this was a deal, but it reality we overpaid, and wasted the day without finishing the round.

I wouldn’t play here again - even if it was free.

very enjoyable experience

Greens were excellent. Fairways typical Bermuda. Layout was good for duffers. They could use one more set of forward tees at 4200yds for senior women. My wife had a tough time on the par 5s on the back. Why are courses laid out with the tougher holes on the back when u are already tired? We are in decent shape for 69 but we are still 69.

They should reverse the 9s. True at most courses. We didn’t use the restaurant so can’t say how the food is but the facility looked nice.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 11/02/2018:
Hi Ron, thanks for the four stars! We are glad that you enjoyed your round of golf out there. We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Tough Back 9

2 hours to play the front and 2:20 to play the back. People thought we were the slow group and a foursome tried to jump ahead of us (they were wrong and went back into position). Two twosomes and a foursome quit due to pace of play. Not sure what management can do about that but slow play sure wasn't due to course conditions which were quite nice.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 10/29/2018:
Hi Terry, thanks for the four-star review. We appreciate your feedback regarding your round, and we hope to see you again soon.
Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 10/26/2018:
Hi, thanks for the four stars! We are glad that you had a fun time out there! Come back and play at Wildhorse Golf Club soon! #wildhorsegc #wildhorsegolf

Pace of play

Pace of play was terribly slow on the first nine. There were always 3 groups stacked up at each tee box. Second nine was a little better, but not much. It took over 5 hours to play.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 10/19/2018:
Hi, thank you for the three stars. We are sorry to hear that you encountered slow pace of play during your round. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope that next time you're back will be a much smoother round.

Maintenance staff needs to trim back foliage from tee boxes

Hitting to a 5 yard target from the tee box due to tree overhang and brush isn’t really golfer friendly. Too much foliage tree over hang brush on some tee boxes makes playing the course less fun. Fairways and greens are good. Hopefully they will trim some trees soon

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 10/18/2018:
Hello, thanks for the three stars! We appreciate your feedback about the trees. We hope that you had a good time at Wildhorse Golf Club and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Value and Potential

On the one hand, a very good value for locals with 1pm tee time and we finished today. BUT, I have never seen such poorly maintained Tee Boxes that I can recall. While rest of course seemed pretty decent,, the grass on the tee boxes was approaching grass in rough. Very strange, and maybe they will cut it tomorrow.. Also, don't like what seems to be common in many courses: undulating tee boxes so you are trying to drive or hit an iron on a par 3 off the tee with a side-hilll like. Aren't they supposed to be flat or is that a thing of the past as it seems to be in so many courses.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 10/04/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four stars! We appreciate your detailed feedback. We're glad that you had a good time at Wildhorse overall and we hope to see you again soon.

Wildhorse

I have played this course several times. Usually in September. We played this time on 9/28/18 and I thought the course was in the best condition yet. $50.00 on GolfNow.com was also the best value we flung in the Vegas area.

Response from Windmill Lakes Golf Club on 10/01/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are happy to hear that you found Wildhorse great value for your money. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

Vegas baby

Greens rough the heat has been brutal on them. The bunkers are like concrete stay out of them if u can. Overall had a lot of fun with the course.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 09/17/2018:
Hello, thank you for the three-star review. We are glad that despite the weather, you had a great time at Wildhorse! Come back again soon!
u410469003
Commented On 09/28/2018

course is in great shape. the new starter put most of my equipment on someone else I cart. I guess he was worried about running out ,lol. lost a couple cooling towels 2 sleeves of balls and got to enjoy a 4 1/2 hour round the stranger I played with was a great guy. he hit short and to the left I played long and right. lost balls the whole round. staff wasn't to helpful. doubt I see my stuff again.

In better condition than expected. Would return.

Enjoyed the course. Nice layout. Overall conditions better than I thought given the hot weather this time of year in LV and previous reviews. Fairways in fairly good conditions for what we paid (35.00). Greens probably punched 3 weeks ago or so? Repairing fairly well. Will be great in the next week or so. Would go back and play again this week if I was still here. Close to strip. Liked the layout. Will add to my list to play when back in LV. Would recommend to others who want to pay between 35-50 dollars. Comparable to the National, minus the history.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 09/11/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four-star review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your round of golf at Wildhorse Golf Club. We appreciate your feedback, and we'll see you when you're out here next! #wildhorsegc

Not worth it

Greens are in terrible shape, nearly unplayable. Rest of the course was in decent shape, but they were slamming groups out every 5mins and causing an absolute logjam on the course. To top that off, the 4some ahead of our 2some got confrontational for not waiting for them to hit the green before teeing off. All around terrible experience, we quit after 5 holes and won't be back for a long time.

Great Time

I had a great time and paired up with a very friendly and fun golfer! We played in 2 1/2 hrs and had a lot of laughs! The greens ran true and the further up you play the tees the more fun you will have!

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 09/10/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are glad that you had a great time at Wildhorse Golf Club and that you found our course in great shape. Come back again soon!

Challenging layout in decent condition

I found the course to be very playable and in pretty good shape for September.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 09/05/2018:
Hello, thank you for the three-star review. We are glad that you enjoyed your round of golf at Wildhorse Golf Club the other day. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

Better shape

The course is in better shape now than several months ago. Course attendant picked up our clubs from the parking lot. Can you believe rocking chairs on the driving range. Attendant walked to parking lot to return our our cart. Impressed.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 08/31/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are thrilled that you found our course in better shape. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

WOW what a turnaround

Just played 8-17-18 forget all past reviews, the course is in great condition. I get it, I played recent rounds there and thought the place was done! But they have done an amazing job and hope it keeps up..GREAT JOB WILDHORSE!!

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 08/21/2018:
Hello Tony, thank you for the four-star review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your round of golf with us. We appreciate your feedback! #wildhorsegc

WOW great turnaround

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 08/21/2018:

Cheap for a Reason

I've played this course a number of times and I love the layout. A lot of the holes are interesting and generally fun to play.

The greens are in fairly terrible condition at the moment which is represented by the low greens fees for a prime tee time.

I'm hoping the course heals and gets back into good shape in the fall.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 05/30/2018:
Hello, thank you for the three-star review. We are sorry to hear that you found our course in subpar shape, but we are glad that you enjoyed our layout. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Course

The condition of this golf coarse was terrible. Greens and fairways had bald spots all over. I mean no grass.

Waste of money. Greens were the worst I have ever scene.

They should close this golf course it is that bad.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 05/22/2018:
Hello Nick, thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you found our course in bad shape. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope to earn your business back in the future.

Great course, horrible greens

Course layout is beautiful, staff is extremely friendly, but the greens are so bad its not worth it.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 05/08/2018:
Hello Jarrod, thank you for the three-star review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our course layout and found our staff helpful. We appreciate your feedback regarding the greens, and we hope to see you again soon.

Valid dates: Nov 08, 2018 - Dec 20, 2018