WildHorse Golf Club

3.1206176471 3.1 stars from 5 (233)

Pull-carts: No
Caddies: No
GPS: Yes

Practice bunker: Yes
Practice hole: No
Simulator: No
Teaching pro: No

Dress code: Proper golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Silver 72 4995 yards 68.4 109

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs near the airport   Great for locals seniors beginners   Challenges include water hazards bunkers narrow fairways   Great for drinks 19th hole specials brunch

diverdirk's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2018

"What Happened"

MPWEBSTER's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/07/2018

Had to make a review after seeing courses response to poor reviews. I have played this course often. I fully understand Las Vegas dormant conditions, but there is no reason for what they have here. Fairways like dry hay on my driveway and almost all the greens bumpy pachinko . Water and overseeding never done. Every other course I have played in LV at this time of year does not show lack of maintenance. Sorry for the negativity but at this time this course is a ripoff. Even with the birthday discount I feel I overpaid.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 02/09/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us your thoughts. We are sorry that you had a poor experience on our course the other day. Your feedback does not go unnoticed, so we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, and we hope to see you again soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/06/2018

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 02/09/2018:

Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are happy to see that you had an overall great time with us especially regarding our course layout. Thanks for stopping by, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Vegas golf"

mpugs's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/06/2018

Went to Vegas for 3 days played 2 good courses then my friend said we schould play here. Big mistake dog track won’t ever play there again

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 02/09/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good time at our course the other day. We use Bermuda grass which goes dormant in the winter. It is still playable, but we apologize if this took away from the experience. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Don’t waste your time or money"

Seth9832966's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/28/2018

I have low expectations when I play this course normally, but this time was by far the worse I’ve ever seen it. It just looks like they don’t have money to take of it. Pay the $10-15 extra dollars to play a different course. You will regret playing here in the winter.

During the summer it’s not as in bad of shape so you should be good to play then.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 02/01/2018:

Hello Seth, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We have Bermuda grass for our fairways, and during the winter it goes dormant giving it a brown appearance, but during the summer they are very green! Regardless, year-round our course is in good condition, but because the color of it changes in the winter, it is easy to mistake it for being dead. We hope this helps explain it. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

"You know why it was such a good deal"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/26/2018

They don't water or seed winter rye. All fairways dead grass and hard pan. The bunkers were hard as were the the greens. I mean, parking lot concrete hard. The bright side of this is you don't have to worry about taking or walking in someone's line.

All that said mostly in jest is its dirt cheap for a reason. The way golf is going in Vegas you can't hardly blame them. Courses closing left and right. If this is what it takes to stay open, so be it. Its either that or pay over $100 elsewhere.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 02/01/2018:

Hello, thank you for the three-star review. We are sorry to hear that you found our course in poor shape when you played. Our course has Bermuda grass which goes dormant in the winter making it appear dead when in all actuality it is just the appearance that causes confusion. We are glad that you found our course good value though. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope to see you again soon.

"No marshall but good value"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/22/2018

I know it's a great deal but holy cow to have three groups waiting at one hole?: The friendliness of everyone and the condition of the course was really nice. The winter grass was a good contrast and I would suggest going with a more neon colored ball to make visibility easier. I would totally come back.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 01/31/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are sorry to hear that you experienced slow pace of play, but we are happy that you had an overall great experience with both our course and staff. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

Partha's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/12/2018

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 01/19/2018:

Hello, thank you for the three-star review. We are happy to see that you enjoyed our course layout and had a satisfactory pace of play. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Friendly staff"

gfooor's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/01/2018

Bermuda grass was dormant so ground was pretty hard but had added yardage from the roll. Nice course. Will like to play it again when it is green

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 01/04/2018:

Hello, thank you for the three-star review. We are glad to hear that you found our staff friendly and that you liked our course! Thanks for stopping by, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Don't waste your time."

honda214's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/01/2018

The course had some interesting holes, like the 254 yard par 3 and a 600 yard par 5. The fairways and greens were burnt up. No green at all everything is brown. The bunkers had no sand. It was like hitting the ball off of a concrete cart path. The greens didn't roll true. They had alot of rough spots and bumps. I will never play here again or recommend this course to anyone.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 01/05/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are sorry to hear that you had a subpar golfing experience, but we are glad that you enjoyed the course layout. We use Bermuda grass which goes dormant during the winter giving it a brown appearance. This is an excellent time to take advantage of the extra roll you get out of your drives. We are sorry that you did not have an enjoyable experience with us, but we hope that you will give us another chance during the spring when our grass is green.

"1st round of the year"

rhervan's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/01/2018

Course layout is nice and staff very friendly. The condition of course is not good fairways are like hitting off dry hay and the greens need a lot of work.

chantrillamas's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/31/2017

"This course was terrible."

Brettmecham's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/29/2017

The worst course I've ever played. The entire course was dead, no green grass to be found anywhere, not even the greens. It had big patches of dirt in the fairways, the greens were terrible (ball actually bounced up and down, left to right), dead trees and bushes throughout. Minimal staffing and amenities. It looked like they were purposely trying to make the course go out of business. The course looked nothing like the pictures posted.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 01/03/2018:

Hello Brett, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us. Our course uses Bermuda grass, and during the winter it goes dormant, giving it a burnt appearance. It is still good to play, and you can take advantage of the extra roll you get out of your drive. We hope you will reconsider and come back again soon!

"Winter Conditions In Vegas"

klassyke's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/29/2017

We played this course during the Christmas-New Year week. The course was only overseeded on the tee boxes and the greens including a small fringe. The remainder of the course was brown. The fairways had been mowed short when the grass was green and this made it difficult to get under the ball. For a municipal course it has a nice layout. I would consider playing the course again when the grass is green. There are a couple of spots that the tee boxes are close and so are the landing areas. This was a little interesting as there were balls from the wrong tee boxes landing in your fairway even with the tree separations. The sand traps have above average sand for a municipal course. Where the carts drive the course will be in tough shape by the time the grass greens again it that is a couple months away.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 01/03/2018:

Hello, thank you for the three stars. We are glad that you enjoyed our course layout. Our course uses Bermuda grass which turned brown during the winter time. It definitely is not dead; it is just the way it appears. Plus, take advantage of the extra roll you get out of your drives. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope to see you again soon.

"The course is not in great shape if you want a cheap round it's a good place to go."

lotusinteriors1500's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/26/2017

Course is in poor shape especially the greens

Pace of play was good staff is friendly

With great service.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 12/29/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear that you found our course to be in unsatisfactory condition, however, due to the Bermuda grass that we use, our fairways go dormant during the winter. Our greens and tee boxes were overseeded not too long ago so our course should be in better shape than you are describing. We are happy, however, to hear that you found our staff friendly and that the pace of play was satisfactory. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Enjoyable Round"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/13/2017

A very enjoyable round. Staff was very friendly, Course was in good shape for winter. Played in less than four hours and having pleasant conversations. Would recommend the course to anyone.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 12/18/2017:

Hello, thank you for the five-star review! We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable round of golf and that you found our staff friendly. We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"conditions poor"

hdundee's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/09/2017

Having played wild horse many times, and seen conditions up and down, I would say the conditions are not very good now. The fairways and rough are both brown, greens were very bumpy and patchy. the overall condition is sadly poor. I like the course but after playing a lot of other courses around Vegas the conditions rank near the bottom.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 12/14/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback on our course conditions. We apologize if the course appears that way, but actually, that is the type of grass we use for our course. Bermuda grass goes dormant during the winter, giving it that brown appearance you described. So pardon our appearance, but please take advantage of the extra roll you can get out of your drives! Thanks for your feedback, and we hope to see you out there!

Commented on 12/15/2017

Yes I know about that type of grass, just say it doesn't look as good as green fairways and brown rough like you have years ago. Other courses like prim and others have green fairways and brown rough. It was the greens and the overall conditions that I have seen better.

aqmiranda's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/08/2017

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 12/11/2017:

Hello Miranda, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable experience, but the reason why our fairways look brown is due to the Bermuda grass that we use. It is at this point in the year when the grass goes dormant giving it a burnt look, but we assure you that it is just the way this type of grass grows. Plus, it's a great way to get extra roll out of your drives! Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

"The playing conditions were terrible"

Kefira0407's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/06/2017

Never notified that the fairways were playing like cement.

The ball was rolling like playing on the street. Extremely tight lies in the fairways. Hard as a rock and hard to take a divot.

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 12/09/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are sorry to hear that you had a subpar experience with us. Around this time of the year, our Bermudagrass goes dormant in the winter. It's the perfect time to get an extra roll out on your drives! We also were overseeding our greens and tee boxes, so now they should be in good shape. We hope that this helps you understand our course layout! We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

Jspilk's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/02/2017

Local muni track, you get what you pay for. Fairways were dead, greens were slow and soft. No cart lady and the snack bar was closed on a Saturday. Good practice track

Response from Wildhorse Golf Club on 12/05/2017:

Hello, thank you for giving our course a four-star review! We are sorry to hear that our course was not up to satisfactory condition, but we hope that you were still able to have an enjoyable round. Thanks for playing with us, and we look forward to having you back again soon.