Style Traditional/Desert
Legacy Golf Club

Year Built 1989
Architect Arthur Hills (1989) John Fought

Dress code Dress code requires a collared or mock shirt, shorts or slacks. Attire that is discouraged includes but is not limited to t-shirts, tank tops, and blue jeans.

Entertaining Clients 18

Slow play, pour condition

Extremely slow play. No course Marshall to keep things moving. Pour condition. Not worth the drive or the mkbey

Commented on 10/18/2019

cljohnso,

We apologize for the slow play on October 5th. October is the busiest month of the year for us which features several out of town tournament players of all skill levels. Our pace of play goal each day is 4.5 hours are are aware that our pace was closer to 5 hours on the 5th. You mentioned that the course was of poor condition. Can you please email me and provide feedback as to what you found poor about the course? Your feedback matters to us. I can be reached via email at mike@thelegacygc.com

Excellent Course but POOR Manager !!!!

From Canada and this was our first time playing this course. Extremely impressed with the Course and Facilities. Our only complaint was the Course Manager. We arrived 2 hours early and asked to play sooner as the PGA tournament was in town and we seen online there were several openings. We were willing to pay an extra cost but it was the same as our booked tee time and lots of openings. The Manager immediately said no and had a very aggressive attitude. We weren’t going to make a big deal about it and we willing to wait. The younger girl working the Pro Shop heard our conversation and called us our once the Manager left. She booked us in earlier as there was numerous openings. We couldn’t thank here enough but on the way out of the Pro Shop the Manager heard our conversation and started to give this girl crap. Very very disrespectful. Not impressed with his attitude.

Commented on 10/18/2019

Sandman2323,

We do apologize if we did a poor job communicating why we couldn't send you early. We are contracted with golfnow for our hot deals which specify a specific time that we are under contract and allow for a heavily discounted rate. Every day we have customers who purchase at a discounted rate and show up earlier hoping to get out early. It is our policy and under our contract obligations to ensure that customers who purchase the hot deal only tee off around their scheduled tee time. I spoke to our golf shop operations manager about your review. If you need anything in the future you can email direct at mike@thelegacygc.com

Enjoyable day out

The Legacy is a good course with many challenges that makes golf fun. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Unfortunately carts were not allowed on the fairways because of overseeding but course maintenance must go on. It was a nice and enjoyable day. I will do it again soon.

Just beautiful

Overseeding recently completed, however the course was amazing and the girls at the pro shop were fabulous.

Beautiful

We have played this course several times now. Each time the staff have been friendly and helpful. The course itself has beautiful fairways and very puttable greens. We will continue playing here.

5-1/2 hour round of Golf

I live right around the corner from Legacy and always enjoy playing this track. However, this was the slowest paced round I've ever played there and its continuing to get worse. 9:24 tee time...and it took 5 and a half hours to complete. Absolutely unacceptable. There's no reason a round of golf should take more then 4 and a half hours at absolute worst. Golf in this city is trending in the same direction, but Legacy in the past has kept golf rounds under 5 hours. I have no intention of going back anytime soon until the course marshal's begin to enforce pace of play. There's a difference between bad golf and slow golf. I'm a huge advocate for growing the game, but people need to learn the proper etiquette.

Fun Course for all skill levels

Played this course for the first time and was very happy. Course is relatively forgiving depending on the tee boxes and lot's of fun. Pretty long even from the 2nd last tees. Greens were in great shape and lots of variety in the holes. The beverage cart was around when needed. Highly recommend this course.

Not bad, but overpriced for the conditions

Was our first time back playing the course in over a year. Prior management was HORRIBLE and we said we would never return. Gave it another try since it opened back up. Management has improved quite a bit. People were friendly and there was a beverage cart numerous times. The website said our tee time should have been $35 since we played after 1pm, but the online booking said $65. Upon calling the pro shop they told us it would be $45. Made no sense to me so I asked if they would honor the $35 rate listed. They did, but then proceeded to lecture us on the cost of a round of golf there upon check-in. Not cool - please fix your site. And as far as the $35 we paid for resident rates - this is still overpriced in comparison to other courses in the area. My description below will yield insight to this.

As far as the course goes...
Pros: Greens and fairways were in very nice condition. Much improved since last time. Layout of the course is enjoyable. Not too difficult and you can hit driver on most holes.

Cons: Rough was terrible. No attempt has been made to water the rough, which is surprising seeing that its the winter and its not as hard to keep the course green. 14 to 16 of the tee boxes had not been mowed in who knows how long and the length of grass was quite a bit longer than the fairway. Pace of play was terrible and there wasn't a single pacer on the course on a Saturday. The group ahead of us barely made it past the ladies tees on a number of holes and wouldn't let us play through.

Recommendation: If you are from out-of-state do not waste time playing here. You will be disappointed for the amount of money they ask and there are much much better courses in the area for less money. As a local, I will not be back here until they learn to take better care of their course (referring specifically to the rough and tee boxes) and how to manage their website/business appropriately.

Nevada Advisor

Who you are tomorrow begins with what you do today.

Three months ago this place was shuttered and it seemed that this Arthur Hills gem was gone from the Las Vegas golf scene. There’s pretty well documented recent history of the Legacy in the local media and fortunately it was reopened in October. I’ve been a fan of the layout of the course and really wanted to see how it played after a three month hiatus.

We were loaded up on EZ-Go carts without GPS. The range tee was on mats this day and ball were included which were in decent condition. The putting green was in excellent condition and the speed mirrored that of the conditions of the course. The starter got us off to the first tee right on schedule.

The recent overseed on the tee boxes & fairways has grown in well. Carts were rough only, which was showing signs of going dormant, but it was still fairly dense from tee to green. Some of the bunkers were a little light on sand. The greens held well, were mostly smooth and rolled true, but the speed was a somewhat slow.

The layout is mostly straightforward yet makes for a challenging experience. Elevation changes for the most part are limited to a few holes, but offer some pretty decent views in places. Despite being lined with homes, the fairways & rough are generous enough to keep your ball in the grass, unless you really go sideways. The greens offer some mild undulation and missing on the wrong side can leave pitching back up from way below the putting surface. One piece of information that was lacking were pin locations, either by flag color or pin sheet.

Past experiences with slow play has limited my desire to play here and unfortunately this day it was a little off point. There was no marshal present on this day and we waited and were waited on, logging our round in 4h31m.

Everyone on the staff we encountered were welcoming, cordial & very friendly. After the round the others in my group ate, but they were limited in their options due to shortages of food & beverage. The staff seems pretty enthusiastic and hopefully management will support them with the products they need to serve their customers. I expected some re-opening challenges for operator so allow them some time to get things figured out, but I'll be back.

Outstanding course!

I made a tee time at the last minute and man I could not be happier that I chose this course! What a great layout. The course is a great test. Starts out easy but the back 9 really is a challenge. I played 36 holes, rode both rounds, 2 sleeves of balls and rented clubs (which were great forged TM irons and R15 woods) all for $119! I think the only complaint I would have is that an overseed was just completed so I had a a few mud balls in the fairway and the greens were running a bit slow. But honestly that is nitpicky. Great course great people. Not a fan of the fake grass on the range and the restaurant was slow and over priced but the golf was excellent!

Great value

Fun layout, front 9 has more scoring opportunities. Good prices.

Close to my house

Because it's so close to my house, it's deathly one of my favorites that are close to me!!!

One Happy Golfer

First time played here and wow it's now my favorite golf course in Las Vegas

Fairways were in amazing shape very lush great lies

Rough was in great shape full and thick keep it in the fairways

Greens were awesome shape smooth rolled very well and took the breaks they were suppose to very impressed especially in 100 plus heat

Customer service was top notch and was extremely impressed with the pro shop to the starter and cart service and the cart girl

Just a wonderful day I highly recommend to play this course

Ps the only problem is the cart paths a lot of them are pretty rough if they would re do those paths that are damaged this would just about be a perfect course

Awesome course - fairways were well manicured and had very few divots. Greens rolled true. Recently had some flood damage but crews were out repairing all issues. Cart path to #13 was flood damaged which will cost a ton of coin.

Heaven and Hhell

The course was excellent. It was set up for a H & H tournament so the front 9 was a nightmare. Pin placement on the edges of the greens. Other than that the course was magnificent

great place to play golf

the staff have great way of make you feel welcome and they allways want to help you more. Greens and fairways are in excellent condition, just this fay some of the flags were place in really hard places for the average golfer, overall a great experience and a lot of fun

Greens are nit that great.

Greens are always dry and bumpy on this course. Don't expect them to roll smoothly. But other than that, not a bad course.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020