Style Traditional/Desert
The Legacy Golf Club

Year Built 1989
Architect Arthur Hills (1989) John Fought

Dress code Dress code requires a collared or mock shirt, shorts or slacks. Attire that is discouraged includes but is not limited to t-shirts, tank tops, and blue jeans.

Entertaining Clients 18

This course has great features

First time here. The staff was great. I thought it was challenging and friendly course too. I will return soon.

Very good course

The course had a good variety of different types of holes. Greens well protected and in good condition.

Deano Disaster

Former home course revisited. Amazing layout and winter conditions. The greens were a touch slow until I figured out the pin setter was probably mad or intoxicated?? Pins were on slopes and corners which posed. “Wee bit” of a challenge! The staff throughout the course was extremely helpful and kind. I ate breakfast, lunch and adult beverages without disappointment. I give this course a 10 out of 10 for cost, service and design. Must play in the valley for sure. I am a resident of 20-years

Lost in Vegas

I played the Legacy course about six years ago and it was great, so I decided to go back when I was in Las Vegas last week. I had an 8:30 am Tee Time and arrived a little early. The young lady at the desk asked if I would like to tee off early and I said sure why not. I was standing on the first tee box when a guy came riding up and asked if I would wait because a man in the parking lot was going to play with me if I did not mind. I said sure why not. After waiting a few minutes the same guy came back and said to go ahead and tee off because the person who was going to play with me decided he was going to the driving range before playing. I started playing and everything was fine until after I finished the ninth hole. When I got to the tenth hole I did not know it was a par 3 hole and thought if it was a par 4 hole there was a small landing area about 190 yards out. I teed off and proceeded down the cart path to find my ball. I walked across the grass and did not see anything so I decided to walk back to the cart. Just then a couple of guys came driving up and asked what was I doing on the back nine because it was closed. I must admit there was sights posted when I drove back but they were pretty small and I was not looking for signs. I played the front nine holes again with the group that had been in front of me on the front nine holes. The complaint is at no time did the young lady at the time of checking in tell me that the back nine holes were closed. If had known this I would not have played this course and I would not have paid $111.99 to play the same 9 holes twice.

Goffer Hill Challenge

The course can be extremely challenging to golfers who hit over 76 per round. That is because the course is in good condition but the approaches are hindered by difficult approaches and in times the grass slows the ball down so there is not the expected roll from it. An enjoyable course to play by some course management and it may take a few rounds to learn enough to get a good score that you expect.
The course is hilly and hinders long low drives and low fairway strikes. So you need to learn to adjust your hits to the terrain.

Overpriced

They just over-seeded so I thought I'd give this course another try. Very disappointed. The fairways are in good condition, the where ok for the most part, however 4 greens had so much goose poop on them we could not hit our puts. We picked up our ball and moved onto the next hole.
The rough was dormy and no sand in the bunkers. The cart paths are in terrible shape so cart was bouncing all over the place, It was better to just drive on the fairways when possible. There are many other courses in Las Vegas in better shape and half the price of this course.

ONe of the Best Courses for the Money

If you are travelling to Las Vegas check out the Legacy golf Club in Henderson. I went in October 2019 and most of the Vegas courses were over seeding at this time but The Legacy holds off for a couple of weeks later which is nice. The course sy=taff and food were all excellent and we received the resident's rate of $50 instead on the non-resident rate of $80. They were very accommodating and the fact that they go above and beyond for their customer's put's this course above all others that we played in Vegas. I definitely reccommend that you add Legacy to youtr Vegas golf trip

Slow play, pour condition

Extremely slow play. No course Marshall to keep things moving. Pour condition. Not worth the drive or the mkbey

Commented on 10/18/2019

cljohnso,

We apologize for the slow play on October 5th. October is the busiest month of the year for us which features several out of town tournament players of all skill levels. Our pace of play goal each day is 4.5 hours are are aware that our pace was closer to 5 hours on the 5th. You mentioned that the course was of poor condition. Can you please email me and provide feedback as to what you found poor about the course? Your feedback matters to us. I can be reached via email at mike@thelegacygc.com

Excellent Course but POOR Manager !!!!

From Canada and this was our first time playing this course. Extremely impressed with the Course and Facilities. Our only complaint was the Course Manager. We arrived 2 hours early and asked to play sooner as the PGA tournament was in town and we seen online there were several openings. We were willing to pay an extra cost but it was the same as our booked tee time and lots of openings. The Manager immediately said no and had a very aggressive attitude. We weren’t going to make a big deal about it and we willing to wait. The younger girl working the Pro Shop heard our conversation and called us our once the Manager left. She booked us in earlier as there was numerous openings. We couldn’t thank here enough but on the way out of the Pro Shop the Manager heard our conversation and started to give this girl crap. Very very disrespectful. Not impressed with his attitude.

Commented on 10/18/2019

Sandman2323,

We do apologize if we did a poor job communicating why we couldn't send you early. We are contracted with golfnow for our hot deals which specify a specific time that we are under contract and allow for a heavily discounted rate. Every day we have customers who purchase at a discounted rate and show up earlier hoping to get out early. It is our policy and under our contract obligations to ensure that customers who purchase the hot deal only tee off around their scheduled tee time. I spoke to our golf shop operations manager about your review. If you need anything in the future you can email direct at mike@thelegacygc.com

Enjoyable day out

The Legacy is a good course with many challenges that makes golf fun. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Unfortunately carts were not allowed on the fairways because of overseeding but course maintenance must go on. It was a nice and enjoyable day. I will do it again soon.

Just beautiful

Overseeding recently completed, however the course was amazing and the girls at the pro shop were fabulous.

Beautiful

We have played this course several times now. Each time the staff have been friendly and helpful. The course itself has beautiful fairways and very puttable greens. We will continue playing here.

Marshall needed

Everything was great but the threesome in front of us were extremely slow.

5-1/2 hour round of Golf

I live right around the corner from Legacy and always enjoy playing this track. However, this was the slowest paced round I've ever played there and its continuing to get worse. 9:24 tee time...and it took 5 and a half hours to complete. Absolutely unacceptable. There's no reason a round of golf should take more then 4 and a half hours at absolute worst. Golf in this city is trending in the same direction, but Legacy in the past has kept golf rounds under 5 hours. I have no intention of going back anytime soon until the course marshal's begin to enforce pace of play. There's a difference between bad golf and slow golf. I'm a huge advocate for growing the game, but people need to learn the proper etiquette.

Fun Course for all skill levels

Played this course for the first time and was very happy. Course is relatively forgiving depending on the tee boxes and lot's of fun. Pretty long even from the 2nd last tees. Greens were in great shape and lots of variety in the holes. The beverage cart was around when needed. Highly recommend this course.

4.5219705882