Style Traditional/Desert
The Legacy Golf Club

Year Built 1989
Architect Arthur Hills (1989) John Fought Todd Schoeder (1996)

Dress code Dress code requires a collared or mock shirt, shorts or slacks. Attire that is discouraged includes but is not limited to t-shirts, tank tops, and blue jeans.

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Entertaining Clients 18

Not what I expected

I expected this course to be in good condition and it is not looks like they did not over seed anything except the driving range. I don’t know what kind of grass the greens are but they are not good bumpy and grooves in the greens they hold well but do not put true. The fairways are OK at best they are very close cut and wet the tees are horrible looks like they’re redoing some of them but the ones I had to use were terrible I would not recommend this course and I would not play it again. There’s too many other good choices here in the valley.

Commented on 11/18/2020

RMII9650, thank you for your feeback. We elected not to close for overseed this year to the financial impact of Covid-19 on our business. As a result we overseeded our greens in late October and they are still growing in. Same goes for the tee boxes, we have overseeded them and closed several of them while they grow in so we can rotate them throughout the winter.

Golf Legacy

Great layout greens far good price on T off/ Golf Now at $34 pp. Car refreshment girl drove by us 5 times so fast we thought she was paid by the yard. Tell her she should stop and ask if you want anything. Other than speed cart girl we played in 4 1/2 hrs.

Commented on 11/18/2020

Paulharley,

Thank you for the feedback, we will address your concerns regarding the refreshment cart attendent. We look forward to having you play again!

Fall Review

Greens need work...perhaps were opened a bit early. Greens bumpy. Winter rye has not overtaken Bermuda.

Commented on 11/12/2020

harlambakic, thank you for your comment. We overseed the greens on 10/21 and 10/22 as we didn't close this year for overseed due to the financial impact of Covid-19. The greens are still growing in and will be bumpy for another week until we can roll them and lower the heights.

Meh

Fairways were dead in spots and yellow the rest of the places. Greens were long and slow. About 6 holes had the tee boxes under repair.

Commented on 11/07/2020

u414177821, thank you for the feedback. We elected not to close for three weeks to overseed the course in September due to the financial impact of Covid-19 we've had to close tee boxes while open so we could overseed them. We will be rotating tee boxes during the grow in procees. Same reasons for the length of the greens. We overseeded them on 10/21 and 10/22 and are slowly lowering the heights as the grass grows in. We sprayed chemicals to kill the winter grass prevelant from last overseed so we could spray green pigment this year. The yellow spots are the areas that contained winter grasses from last year and weak bermuda base. Thank you for playing.

Must have been too late in the year as the fairways were not in good shape and were dry and hard

Commented on 11/02/2020

Thank you, u000002207473 for the feedback. We didn't overseed the fairways this year so they are playing firm and fast and the bermuda will go dormat after the first frost. You may have noticed several brown spots while playing as we sprayed chemicals to kill off any existing winter grass that has hung on before we spray green pigment fertilizers.

Worse course in Henderson

Do not be fooled by the awesome photos on Legacy’s website. I play every course in Vegas and around Vegas. Legacy is by far the worst. I am posting this because they charge 50.00 to play this goat pasture. If you want to play a course where the managment truly does not give a crap about the upkeep of the course, you found it at Legacy. Fairways suck, greens suck. When every other course In Vegas and around Vegas over seeded and there fairways are plush and greens are nice and firm, Legacy did not over seed and soon there will be no grass. And they still charge 50. Do yourself a favor and go play somewhere else.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY.

Commented on 11/02/2020

gtrick09, Mr. Gonzales, please check your email as we responded directly to your concerns addressed in this commnent.

Great Layout, Greens killed the round.

So as a avid Golfer that gets around the Las Vegas area to include Henderson and Boulder City, I have played several course over the last year and try not to just stay at 1 course. This particular day, I was celebrating my Birthday weekend and booked 3 rounds with the Legacy being the first round on Thursday October 22, 2020

I started out on the range which like most ranges you are hitting off a artificial grass mat, not my favorite way to warm up but it works. we were called up for our Tee time and off we went to Hole 1. I always play from the back tees and this course plays to over 7200 Yards.

When arriving on hole one Tee box, The site of the fairway and layout was really amazing and I could not wait to see the rest of the course. As I made my approach to the Green I noticed they were not that green? once I was on the green, i could not believe how poor the green looked and played. It was like playing on Berber Carpet! Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed.

I always keep a open mind when conditions are not great as I just adjust my game to conditions. By the time I finished out hole 3, I realized that the greens were not going to get any better and surely enough, that was the case! Rough! Rough! Rough! Fairways played really well and were well maintained.

This course Normally books for $72.00 on a Thursday which in mind is not worth it only because of the greens condition. If you are a golfer that scores every round and I am, the greens are where you either take strokes off or pile them up! Overall experience, Incredible layout, Really great slope, and wide fairways. I will definitely go back, but not unless the greens are brought back to a level of play ability.

Overall had a great day of Golf as always.

Commented on 11/02/2020

u31459607932, thank you for your feedback, we overseeded our greens on 10/20 and 10/21. Based on your play date listed of 10/22 our greens would have been very inconsistant the day after they were seeded. Due to the impact of Covid-19 we elected not to close this year for two weeks. We do apologize if the greens were still bumpy.

nice course skip the food

The course is very nicely laid out. However the the food prices are outrageous for what you get.

Horrible Greens

After we registered the starter told us the front nine green were just verticut and over seeded. And that the back 9 was closed for over seeding. I was not aware of any of this from Golf Now or from the golf course website. Total surprised when we arrived. The greens were horrible and not at all what we expected.

Commented on 10/21/2020

SBSABATINI, We do apologize for you not seeing the alert that we had on our tee time booking engine through our course website. We strongly encourage golfers to book directly through the facility website versus another third party partner as we cannot gaurantee what they have on their site.
The following notes were on our booking engine for tee times made through www.thelegacygc.com "We are going to overseed greens, green surrounds and tees, Back 9 Closed - PLAY FRONT 9 TWICE"

Jekyll and Hyde

The front nine was cultured and serene. The back nine was rugged and spiteful. We always have fun, though.

Tee Boxes

Tee Boxes were disappointing, played from the White, most were not even flat !

I really enjoy playing this course, it’s well designed and seems to always be well maintained. I really like that the course is rarely flat, it has numerous elevation changes, and rolling fairways. There are a reasonable number of well placed bunkers, although I would like it even more if there were some serious water hazards. Another bonus for me is that even though this course winds through some very nice residential areas, none of the holes feel like the homes are encroaching on the course or affecting the playability. The staff are always friendly and courteous.

Fun

Had a good time. Course was in good shape and staff was friendly.

Not worth the money

The course was in rough shape, lots of brown areas, duck crap all over the green. Greens worker stood in the middle of the fairway while we were trying to tee off. Long walks from the cart path to the green, poor layout. Only saving grace is the people...all very nice and helpful!

Over booked

Must do four minute tee times here. Always backed up.

3.7742058824