Mountain at Angel Park Golf Club

• 100 S Rampart Blvd, Las Vegas, Nevada 89145, Clark County
  • (888) 446-5358, (702) 254-4653
  • angelpark.com

Year built: 1990
Architect(s): Arnold Palmer (1990), Ed Seay (1990)
Type: Resort/Public
Style: Desert
Greens: Bermuda Grass
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Caddies: Yes

Practice bunker: Yes
Golf school / academy: Yes - "Angel Park Golf Academy"

Dress code: Casual attire is permitted.
Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club

Professional 71 6722 yards 71.6 132
Championship 71 6223 yards 69.3 129
Resort (W) 72 5751 yards 72.9 131
Resort 71 5718 yards 67.0 116
Forward (W) 72 5150 yards 69.0 121

Angel Park Golf Club is one-stop shopping in Las Vegas golf.

There are two Arnold Palmer courses, neither one too difficult for the average hacker. Plus, there's a lighted par-3 course with sometimes shrunken copies of a number of the most famous par-3 holes in the world and an 18-hole putting course.

This is the mega mall of Sin City golf. Palmer's Mountain Course reaches an elevation of almost 3,000 feet and provides views of the Red Rock Mountains and Las Vegas skyline when you get into it. The shorter Palm Course (6,525 yards) still offers wide-open fairways that allow you to go for the green. No need to play a timid game here.

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals wildlife/ scenic views playing multiple courses   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks brunch patio dining

Ron8111449's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2018

"Palm course review"

thedude404's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2018
First time playing Used cart

Got there early for my round and hit some balls at the range. Be advised the range is mat only, but the mats seem to be pretty high quality and I had no issues hitting off them. There is also a huge practice chipping area and 2 putting greens near the clubhouse.

Today it was really windy, which made the course more challenging to say the least. I've played 4 courses so far since moving to Vegas, and this one was by far the best designed. Many interesting hole designs and there is actually some significant elevation changes as well which was a surprise.

Fairways and tee boxes were in excellent condition. The one area of concern is the greens. They were somewhat bumpy and it looks like a few spots they looked burned out. Overall though it wasnt detracting to the point where it was affecting my game.

Another good thing about this course is there isnt too much OB that comes into play. Of course there is the usual desert waste areas and a few water features as well.

None of the holes are really that difficult per se (except for #10 which was playing 439 into a 15mph wind), but if you hit it in the wrong spot you will be penalized. For example #5 is a 186 par 3. The pin was far left and not wanting to short side myself so I bailed out too far right. I thought my ball would be just off the green in the rough. Wrong...there was a slope which took the ball down into the waste area. Penalty stroke later and a bad chip up the hill got me a triple bogey. Turns out I would have been better off going straight for the pin and would have been better off short siding myself. So it's one of those courses where if you play it a second time, your score will probably improve just from knowing where and where not to hit it.

Overall I enjoyed this course and except for some of the greens being subpar, it was well worth the money and I'll definitely be returning to get my revenge on the course. And once again, I played a 3 hour round of golf and didnt see another person until I hit the 15th hole when things slowed up.

Valdovinod's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2018

"A steal and amazing course for money, small things kill it though"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

I play here once to 3 times a month. Came today at last minute, teed off around 1:30 was done by 4pm. Saw the cart girl 3 times, and never saw course marshall. Stopped by the snack bar off 5 excellent hot dogs for $4.00 Had a group of 3 in front of me, and 2 behind me but our pace was good. Some holes have dead grass patches off the green or fairways areas like on 14, and 15. I did see one guy urinating into the trees. Green are fast and accurate, a good 2 put is common. on the last hole 18 i was able to drive from the white tees onto the fringe of the green, putted out for a bird.

"Playable course"

grafsjb2's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2018

This is a very playable course. Each hole is different and interesting. Course is in great shape with exception of a couple of greens.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2018

DarrenRanew's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2018

"Angel Park Mountain"

4mac4golf's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/09/2016
Previously played Used cart Excellent weather

I have played this course countless times and I have not provided a review for my experience. I enjoy this course immensely. It's always in great condition and the greens role true and fast. The cart guys are friendly all the time, but the clubhouse staff can be abrasive and short just as the starter has been a few times. But overall this course is a joy to play.

"Disappointing as usual"

VegasGolfer91's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/05/2016

Time and again I say I won't play this course again, but somehow get suckered in because it's cheap. The staff are almost always rude and it never fails to run into a groundskeeper mowing a green or tee box no matter when you play. The only bright spot was the greens were some of the best I've played in months. Maybe for once I'll take my own advice and not come back.

Commented on 10/07/2016

VegasGolfer91,

“Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate your feedback. We would love to hear more about your experience and discuss how we can make it a more positive one in the future. If you are interested in sharing, please contact our Head Pro at tblasius@angelpark.com.”

"Angel Park Mountain Course"

vbarone286's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Course was recently re-seeded and we had to keep our carts on the cart path only. As a result, there was a lot of walking. Greens were a little slow.

Layout was interesting as the course ran along side several canyons so there are some long carries at times.

"Great greens."

yugopapi's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2016

Course was in great shape especially the greens were rolling really nicely. We as a threesome finished under three and a half hours.

"Angel Park Mountain course"

777wpsh's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2016
First time playing Walked Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Everything was perfect except the greens. The greens had some type of disease or something because they were very slow and bumpy. But the course is a great layout and easy to walk. Fairways and tee areas were perfect. They do not give you a break on green fees for walking but it is nice that they give the option to walk.

"Great course for the money!"

kyarnell1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2016

Great conditions and excellent value.

"Excellent Course"

kgomez65's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2016

Spectacular course with beautiful views!

"bring your "A" game"

pambee's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

beautiful course, friendly staff. Greens were unreadable, and I've been paying over 200 years. course was in impeccable condition except for one hole, maybe one hole seemed to have a problem on the fairways. Pace was slow....they need to team players up....too many guys thinking they can reach the green and then they dribble off the tee. so virtually nonexistent rangers. But WTH, we're on vacation...

"Great golf course bad customer service"

KyleRumpf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I was in Vegas for my friend's bachelor party and heard good things about Angel Park so i booked it. Great value of $56 per player. I loved the golf course, it was in pretty good shape. But the customer service was awful from the outside services person to the starter and also the beverage cart. We saw the beverage cart twice in 18 holes, the 1st fairway and walking off the 17th green. The temperature was in the mid 80s and we could have used a beverage or 2. The starter was an older gentleman that couldn't have been more rude to us as we handed him our receipts. He then preceded to bark out orders to us and tell us to keep up with the group in front of us. Everyone in my foursome are single digit handicaps all the way to scratch golfers. So I think we can keep up pace of play in carts on a fairly easy golf course. We were all ticked off from the get go and it took us about 2 holes to calm down and try to enjoy ourselves on what should be a stress free fun weekend. My friend who was traveling from Minnesota didn't bring his golf clubs so he rented a set that he specifically asked for stiff shafts. Got a set of regular shafted clubs. OK whatever he said. We then go over to the putting green and the putter they gave him is left handed. So we have to go back and wait to swap out the rental sets. Causing us to be a minute late for our tee time. The pro shop is nice and they have some cool shirts/hats etc. Awesome golf course, would recommend it to anyone but wow I hope the service gets better next time.

KyleRumpf

Thank you for your comments and we do appreciate them as we are always looking to improve. Your feedback is very important and we would love to hear more about your experience and how to make it better in the future. Please don't hesitate to contact our head professional at tblasius@angelpark.com.

"SNAFU"

KeithkKeating's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/24/2016

First hole had a group in the green 3 some on the fairway 2 some on the tee, 2 some waiting, then us a 3 some waiting and more coming after us 47 minutes to play 2 holes over 3 hours for 9 holes. Makes for a long day. Never saw a marshal but did see the beverage cart a couple of times each 9.

KeithkKeating,

"out of Towner came to play"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2016

Easy booking on golf now. Played early in the am and was paired with local who knew the course well. Round went quickly. Course layout was challenging but well designed to test my game. Winds were strong which made the course extra long. Greens were fast and hard to read but playing partner had good feel for how putts would break. Too bad I couldn't make them. I would return in the future. Price was reasonable.

Commented on 04/01/2016

Thank you so much for your comments and yes that was a very windy day and glad you enjoyed the course. We thank you for your business and choosing Angel Park and look forward to seeing you in the future!

"Beautiful Course - Worth Playing"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/14/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

First time playing this course, got an unbelievable deal on golfnow. Had no idea what this course looked like until I showed up. I played the Mountain Course and it was beautiful. I played with a local couple, very nice, made for a great day of golf. The fairways, sand traps and greens were in excellent shape. Had a lot of run on the fairways and the greens were pretty fast, took a while to get used to them. The restaurant had great food and the staff I encountered were all very nice. They also have great practice facilities. This is absolutely the best city owned course I have ever played at, bar none. Let me clarify that. If Bayonet and Black Horse in Monterey are City Owned then it is right there with them. I will play here again, will try the Palms course next time. **Bring your camera.

"good value"

birdieslayer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/13/2016

Overall a good track...

Greens were a bit shakey...on a few holes. But still fast . Nice layout. Good opening track for your Vegas trip.