View of the 17th hole at Stallion Mountain Golf Club

Stallion Mountain Golf Club is conveniently situated just minutes from the Strip, but this Las Vegas golf course feels much further away thanks to a scenic landscape of towering, mature pines and six sparkling lakes. Over the years the course has hosted several major events including Frank Sinatra's Celebrity Classic and Las Vegas Invitational. It has a versatile layout that offers plenty of variety and shot values, which makes it appealing for a range of different skill levels. The par 4s and par 5s require long, accurate drives but the approach shots will test your iron game. The golf course also features undulating fairways lined with bunkers and water hazards come into play on 10 holes. In addition to the golf course, Stallion Mountain boasts a comprehensive practice facility that includes a 16-acre driving range with 40 tees, five practice putting greens, two chipping greens, and two practice bunkers.

Stallion Mountain Golf Club

Year Built 1991
Architect Jim Colbert (1991) Jeff Brauer (1991) Lee E. Schmidt (2004) Brian Curley (2004)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Stallion Mountain Golf Academy"

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Commented on 10/27/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, speyerd. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Stallion Mountain Golf Club!

Good Day at Stallion

Had friends from out of town and was looking for challenging courses at reasonable prices. Stallion turned out to be a good choice! Course could use some more attention, but I'm sure that's all courses in this unusual year.

Commented on 10/27/2020

Hello, u314160609904. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Stallion Mountain Golf Club.

Commented on 10/27/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, luvslifeinlv. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Stallion Mountain Golf Club!

Very nice condition

I play this course a lot , usually every week . The course was closed for over a month for reseeding . Was extremely surprised at how good the place is now . Before the closure the fairways had no grass at all . After coming back a month later the place is fantastic. Fair always are lush and green and the greens are rolling very nice . Another two weeks and they should be super fast . The guy in the pro shop in the morning is the only down side to the place . He’s very arrogant and in friendly , not the way to treat locals

A Nice Day

We had a beautiful day there. The fairways and greens were in great shape. The course was relatively easily playable. We played the middle/white tees and if I played the course again I would play the blue tees to make it a little more difficult. Sand traps were not in good condition nor much real sand in them. Unfortunately the snack bar/food diner was closed on Monday so would like to have known that in advance as we came early to eat breakfast. Drink cart came around often and was nice. Staff was very friendly from Pro shop to cart/bag/club guys, drink cart person. We had a great time and I recommend this course.

Commented on 10/23/2020

Hi u842740323. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (702) 547-6250 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Stallion Mountain Golf Club!

Plays Twice a year

Hard course!.. but in a good way...

Let me preface this by saying I am happy breaking 100 in any round, so I am not a great golfer. However, this is probably the hardest course I have played. The fairways were very narrow, there were dry spots around most of the bunkers, and some of the course was dead. The greens were the best part of this and, oddly enough, the rough was actually pleasant to hit from (since I was there a few times). Staff was extremely friendly, carts were clean, pace of play was perfect. All in all I would definitely play this course again. Hopefully next time I am more equipped to handle the challenges.

P.S. I apologize to the homeowners whose roof/window/dog I may have hit.

Amateur management

They allow five some thus makes the pace of play so slow because there are no marshals on the course monitoring. If was cart path only however the five some in front of us were driving in the fairways. So no accountability and irresponsible. They have many working the clubhouse and cart barn area but nobody on the course monitoring the flow. There were at least three holes in front of the five some that was wide open and they would not allow us to pass through. We waited for them on every single shot. So management sucks and a total joke. Amateur running the course and clubhouse.

Guess every yardage

Cart path only no yardage markers at 200yrds or at 150 or at 100 yrds. Every shot was a guessing game. Greens were in pretty good shape. I would not recommend this course during this time of season . It's not in my top courses to play every year. It's just not well cared for and it shows. Sorry just being honest

Nice course, great value.

Enjoyed the course. Plenty of challenging holes. Did not enjoy the cart path only rule. Would have been nice to be able to drive in the rough on a 98 degree day.

Taking great shape

I had read previous reviews about the course conditions and I went in with some trepidation . But I’m happy to say that the course was way better than I expected. The grass in the fairways was a bit to long but they were green and will be in great shape in a week or two. The greens were nice and soft and got faster as the day went on. I will definitely come back to this course.

Commented on 10/16/2020

Thank you for your review, MarvyMarv. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Stallion Mountain Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 10/16/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, JimZem7. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Stallion Mountain Golf Club!

Getting Good

The course is coming back well after the reseeding process the greens are absolutely beautiful best I have seen. The fairways are coming back The grass is growing in the bare spots are going away. Like I said the greens are absolutely perfect a little slow because they have not been cut down all the way yet but absolutely beautiful.

Commented on 10/16/2020

Thank you for your review, RMII9650. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Stallion Mountain Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, AmateurDave! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Stallion Mountain Golf Club!

Rude Marshall

Marshall is rude and disrespectful. Won’t be back due to this. I can play other courses in the area with friendlier staff

Course layout is excellent, greens are slower

Nice course and playable, greens a little slower fairways needs to be cut a liitle more ,but we had so much fun outhere playing ,friendly staff especially Meghan (food cart)was so nice,definitely will comeback to play again.

Diamond in the "rough"

Good, challenging course. No scorecards, no graphics, so you are let to the mercy
of the glitchy GPS. Course management was difficult at times as it meanders through and around a housing development. Thank GOD for the beverage girl, and the cooler of ice.... Fairways are less than desirable, and greens are shaggy, by fair, be sure to putt 8" past the cup....I wish I hadn't booked another course, would like to play here again.

Excited to come back

This is a good place to play. Conditions not so great right now.
Employee shared sprinkler pump broke and it shows.
She said they couldn’t get parts for several weeks and had to order out of country.
Closing down for six weeks to repair and fix course.

Appreciate the knowledge.

Commented on 09/10/2020

u000005065663, thank you for your kind words! After we get back into good shape we hope to see you again at the course for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Stallion Mountain Golf Club.

Commented on 09/03/2020

ajg1951, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (702) 547-6250. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Public/Resort