Stallion Mountain Golf Club is conveniently situated just minutes from the Strip, but this Las Vegas golf course feels much further away thanks to a scenic landscape of towering, mature pines and six sparkling lakes. Over the years the course has hosted several major events including Frank Sinatra's Celebrity Classic and Las Vegas Invitational. It has a versatile layout that offers plenty of variety and shot values, which makes it appealing for a range of different skill levels. The par 4s and par 5s require long, accurate drives but the approach shots will test your iron game. The golf course also features undulating fairways lined with bunkers and water hazards come into play on 10 holes. In addition to the golf course, Stallion Mountain boasts a comprehensive practice facility that includes a 16-acre driving range with 40 tees, five practice putting greens, two chipping greens, and two practice bunkers.

Stallion Mountain Golf Club

Year Built 1991
Architect Jim Colbert (1991) Jeff Brauer (1991) Lee E. Schmidt (2004) Brian Curley (2004)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Stallion Mountain Golf Academy"

Boston Advisor

Vegas golf

Golf course was fun. Greens very fast and well kept.
Ben in the office was very friendly and accommodating. Recommend the facility

Commented on 01/17/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us Richie4326581. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Stallion Mountain Golf Club thanks you!

A good course to play in vegas

First time playing this course however was pleasantly surprised with the overall course layout and all the facilities. Staff was friendly and helpful and as I found out be prepared to provide a tip to those who place . Your clubs on the cart and who clean them for you when your done. Not an obligation but a nice amenity. Would recommend this course and look for the Hot Deals on golf now to make it a super value added experience. Would play here again.

Great track, super friendly staff, awesome value

This was second time here and I love this place. Practice are very nice and large. Putting green, chipping area and range all spread out and great way to warm up. Had to rent this time and they were nice Callaway Epic Flash Driver,3 and 5 wood. rRogue Irons. Front desk super nice and cart bag person super friendly. Tees, fairways and greens in great shape this time of year. Rough area dead but wasn't on that much. Only draw back was fivesome ahead of us but they played at semi decent rate. Hate to review so high since I don't want it to crowded. Going back for another trade show so bringing my sticks and will play at least 2 days at this course. I highly recommend as long as you aren't fivesome ahead of me. Golf here!!

Great day!!

Weather was perfect and the course was in good shape.
Greens were almost perfect.
Only thing better would have been Free!!

Commented on 01/02/2020

Thank you for your review, myoyster. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Stallion Mountain Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nice Course -- but so slow I gave up after 9 holes!

The good: nice layout, good conditions, greens in very good shape and super fast! Staff always friendly. Carts are in good shape, GPS in cart is easy to read.

The bad: Pace of play was abysmal today. Started at #10 as a single. Caught up to a twosome at #14 and joined them. Foursome in front of us was super slow -- looking for balls, taking forever to line up putts, no gimmes. We waited on the next 4 tee boxes for 10 minutes min!

The ugly: Got to #1 and a total log jam. Foursome on the green. Threesome on the FW, Teebox was 2 foursomes! then we showed up. So that's 11 golfers standing around on #1 waiting to hit. Come on now! At least one of those foursomes jumped in straight to #1, maybe both did. This CF was caused because there was no starter and no marshal keeping the golfers in line.

The really ugly: At this point I surrendered. It was cold and windy and I did feel like playing the back 9 again. I certainly was not going to wait for 20 minutes at each tee box to play this course. I brought the cart back and asked the golf shop if I could get a credit since I only played 9 holes. I just wanted a credit for half of what I paid ($38.00). I explained to the golf shop the issues with the delays, but that did not matter. I was denied a credit and that was that.

In 5 years of golfing in Las Vegas I have only asked for a partial refund 3x, Today was the 4x. The other 3x, I explained the problem and they had no problem giving me a partial credit. But not Stallion Mountain -- they would not budge even though the CF of golfers on #1 was their fault due to no starter and no marshal.

No Bueno!

Commented on 01/02/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Stallion Mountain Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

This course has great features

Had a great round. The greens were in really good shape. I played 18 in around 3 hours with a 8am tee time. The staff was happy to help. Ill be back soon.

Commented on 12/18/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, MiguelLuna! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Came to Vegas for a week of golf.

Came to Vegas for a week of golf and ended the week at Stallion. The weather could not have been better as we came from Denver to play. The course was in good shape, the greens were smooth and rolling nice. We had an awesome time and were treated very well by the staff, but I would like to say that as impressive as the day was on the course, we were graced with a wonderful soul that caught up to and joined our three-sum for the remainder of our 16 holes of play. His name was, "Bubba" and he was stretching out after not playing for some time and could have played us under the table. He stayed with us and I have to say I have seldom encountered people of his caliber. This may all sound silly to some but I say this because Bubba is working with a program at the club by the name of "Heroes in the Rough", This is a program designed to provide opportunity to Veterans with disabilities and or conditions that would otherwise limit their ability to enjoy the game! Stallion Mountain is the home course for this program and it was an honor for myself and my two brothers to share the day with this man and learn of his efforts and the efforts of programs like this to give our heroes an opportunity to get out and play!
I urge anyone to look them up, learn about the program and get involved however you can. HeroesInTheRough.org
I highly recommend this course and while your there check out this program.
Peace
Matt

Great Course for the Value

Course is easy to get to and staff were very helpful upon arrival. Well laid out and plays very fair. GPS was appreciated and accurate. Greens were a bit slow due to being punched not long ago but still rolled very good.

Rough but serviceable

First off, I played Stallion Mountain for under $40 on a pleasant, sunny day, so as a short term snowbird from Wyoming, I have NO major issues or complaints. In that context, I will say that the staff and other players were great, and the course is an entertaining design, however the new winter overseed seemed thin, and the dormant Bermuda was worn pretty thin, too, so it felt like the whole round was on very tight lies. Bottom line is that my round was a good (or better) value, but I would rate the venue as average. Hopefully as the rye grass grows, conditions improve.

Commented on 12/11/2019

Hi u314159707436! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Good & Fair

Fairways were in great shape. Greens were not completely grown in, but rolled very well. Overall course is very fair and plays good. We really enjoyed our round.

Commented on 12/12/2019

Hi calr. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Stallion Mountain Golf Club.

very good course

Played Stallion Mountain for the first time while visiting Las Vegas. Really enjoyed the course. Really good mix of holes. The greens were very good for recently being over seeded. Fairways were also good. The only part of the course that needs a little work are the bunkers, typical of desert courses. The course was not very busy but it was the day after the Thanksgiving weekend. I would love to return and play it again. Great deal.

Commented on 12/03/2019

Thank you for your review, douggibson. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Stallion Mountain Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Stallion Mountain

Course was in great shape. GPS on carts for yardage worked great. Resturant was good food and very good serevisce

Commented on 12/02/2019

Hi jimbo904. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Stallion Mountain Golf Club!

Commented on 12/02/2019

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, wildewoman. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Commented on 11/14/2019

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Stallion Mountain Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Allow 6+ hours or don't waste your time.

1st time playing here. Sent out 20:23am and finished 9 holes in 3 hours!!! Asked for 9hole raincheck, and at first they were hesitant to give a raincheck!!! No hurry to go back without Marshalls. Should not allow groups to Cut through (they're time is no more important than mine.). Disappointing, but there are other courses to play.. thank God!!!

Commented on 11/14/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing Stallion Mountain Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Would not play here again

I would not recommend playing this golf course at any cost. Our foursome got paired behind four groups from a tour bus and it was the slowest round of golf I have ever played. There were five groups on a hole at one time. I called the pro shop and was told it shouldn't be a problem as it was just a really busy day. I lost interest in playing after the fourth hole. The course conditions were very poor for the price. Simply put, I wouldn't waste my money or time playing this golf course when in Las Vegas.

Commented on 11/05/2019

5 Some? What? Nuff Said :(

Course just over seeded so fairways in good condition. Rough was dormy and greens where slow.
all the bunkers (fairway and greenside) had very little if any sand in them so good luck getting out let alone hold the green. There was a five some from the start of play in front of us and as we made the turn (2 hours and 40 mins) 3 people in my group left. I could not see any golfers in front of them after the turn, at least a full hole behind probably more. I continued to play and after 4 more holes without letting me play through I too left.

Commented on 11/05/2019

3.9619058824
4.1977823529
Nellis AFB, Nevada

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.