Snow Mountain at Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort

There are three championship courses at Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort, all of which were designed by Pete Dye. Snow Mountain is the original course, joined by Sun Mountain, which is considered the easiest of the three, and Wolf is the newest and most challenging. At over 7,600 yards, Wolf is also the longest course in Nevada but Snow Mountain is quite lengthy as well at 7,146 yards. Dye incorporated his signature railroad-tie bunkers and water comes into play on seven holes. This risk-reward layout is known for having the best par-3s at the resort. One of these is the stunning 16th hole with its panoramic view of Sheep Mountain. It requires a long carry over water but the bailout area to the right provides a relatively easy up and down and the greenside bunkers don't usually come into play.
Paiute Golf Resort - Snow
Yellow 72 6645 yards 70.9 118
Scorecard for Snow Mountain
Tournament M: 73.0/126 389 426 557 180 458 562 337 198 421 3528 418 611 427 342 192 456 198 529 445 3618 7146
Champions M: 70.9/118 347 388 539 154 425 508 309 171 399 3240 381 579 409 316 174 430 182 509 425 3405 6645
Regular M: 68.8/111 313 349 486 140 383 479 288 152 380 2970 343 496 360 298 145 396 150 486 391 3065 6035
Forward W: 70.8/117 281 306 446 106 342 431 226 138 359 2635 306 449 291 259 115 361 119 455 351 2706 5341

Year Built 1995
Fairways Winter Rye Grass
Architect Pete Dye (1995)

Pull-carts No

Driving Range Yes - 40 tees

Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Playing Multiple Courses 55

Awesome, just Awesome !!

2nd time coming here (played Sun course last year,was perfect)

Played Snow mountain course, epic conditions and views. One thing that always stands out here is how quiet the surroundings are being how far off the road it is. Only have to wait one more year to play the Wolf course and can't wait to return to do just that.

Love this place!

I can't say enough good things about Paiute. I love coming out here because everyone knows you are getting the best conditions year round. It's 100 degrees out and the course is lush green, greens are smooth and staff is friendly.

Will be joining their pacc in 2019.

Excellent experience

Greeted at the door and directed to pro shop. Two others rented clubs, which included 6 iron to hit from the desert . Starter was very friendly and gave us each two small waters . Course is beautiful and had manicured fairways . Greens ran true, not overly fast but they got to the hole without hitting it hard . Many interesting shots and plenty of views . We played the white tees which were a good choice for a 14, 18, and 19 handicap. Starter said greens didn’t hold; he must of been thinking of our home course. Not as good on holding as Las Vegas TPC that we played on this trip, but they were not rolling over the green.

Afterwards we hung in the large and attractive restaurant/bar . Food and drinks were great .

I think we all graded this as best of 3 courses we paid on this trip.

We took Lyft ride each way for about $36. It is a hike

It is a little cooler than some of the courses as it is out by the mountains. Still, get an early start

We played Snow. We will try one of the other options on next trip just to compare

Don’t be a Richard

I am visiting Vegas and wanted to play a few quality courses. I saw the reviews for Paiute, and I was very excited. I had to rent clubs, and for $70 I would expect there would be a 5-wood in the bag. The clubs were decent TaylorMade’s, but when I requested the 5-wood, they offered me a 9-hybrid. I asked for a demo model and they told me they didn’t have any while they look down their noses at me. The pro shop staff need to take a lesson in customer service since that’s the industry that they are in. The starter, Brent, and the gentleman checking in carts we’re the only two who offered any bit of customer service. They were both excellent. Overall the course was very nice, I would definitely play there again if I had my own clubs with me.

Beautiful course, great service

Course conditions were fantastic, pace of play was great(a little under 4 hours for a foursome). The service is top notch from the entire staff(bag drop, starters, cart girl, etc..) only issue we had was the cart died on the 16th hole and we had to wait 10 minutes to get a replacement to finish the round. Will be back on the next trip to Vegas to play the Wolf!

windy and wonderful

Paint, is quite simply a fabulous place, 3 courses, all similar, all great. If you have a chance to go there do. On Indian land, no houses, no hassles.

Beautiful Desert Golf Resort

A spectacular complex out in the desert about 30 miles northwest of the strip. Beautiful clubhouse, friendly staff, nice restaurant. The course conditions were outstanding, greens, fast and true and not tricked up. Stunning views, the fairways are plush and the rough thick, at least an extra club if in the rough. GPS system is top of the line. Great replay rate for the other courses in the complex. Will always play it on any trip to Vegas.

PP1

Great day

Excellent condition and a beautiful course. Great day

MUST PLAY

Always a great venue. Wind was not a factor (can be brutal). First time playing Snow course. Played other two in the past, Snow is just as enjoyable. Conditions were excellent, staff were great.

Take the ride, enjoy the experience.

never a bad day at Pauite

The snow course was in great shape, fairways like carpet, as usual. I'm a pretty solid putter, so my only issue was that the greens were rolling inconsistent, it was very hard to get the speed correct, but likely some of that was due to operator error!

Want to golf in Vegas? I know a place

This facility is top notch and while it’s in the middle of nowhere, it only took me 35 minutes to get there from the Encore. I came out as a solo and was paired up with few guys who play the course regularly. They were very welcoming and even took time to give me the lay of the land, which was amazingly beautiful! The new golf carts have GPS systems, which was great, and the course was in great shape from sand bunker to tee box.

Great course with beautiful views

We were on an annual trip with friends to Las Vegas which always includes a round of golf. We play a different course every year. This was the best in 7 years. Course was in perfect condition. The staff were friendly and helpful and the backdrop of the mountains made for beautiful views. Played the Snow course. We are occasional golfers but the course was still reasonable in difficulty. Would definitely play the rest of the course on a later trip.

Awesome course

Was a bit slow, but what a beautiful course. Would highly recommend it and would love to play again.

Awesome experience - This is a must if visiting Las Vegas.

I was in Vegas and looking for somewhere to play. Looking through all the courses this resort just reached out to me. This course was in the best condition of any course I’ve played including TPC, Palm Springs, Hilton Head and Florida. Tees, fairways, and greens were like carpets. Course is beautiful with the desert and mountains scenery. Staff was so nice from the outside staff, snack bar, starter, ranger and inside staff. Just a short pleasant drive from near the Vegas strip. Being an old guy from Memphis, I whole heartedly recommend these courses to anyone regardless of skill level.

Can't go wrong.

Always one of the best facilities in the Las Vegas area.

Let it Snow

Played Wolf previously and enjoyed it. Snow was a tougher track with more character and in great shape. It’s my new Paiute favorite.

Good choice for both a 15 and 36 HCP

My GF and I played together here. It was beautiful and challenging enough to make me happy and she was able to also enjoy the course without feeling crushed by it. Beautifully kept greens

Request A Vacation Quote From Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: Oct 11, 2018 - Aug 31, 2019