Desert Pines Golf Club

• 3415 E Bonanza Rd, Las Vegas, Nevada 89101, Clark County
  • desertpinesgolfclub.com
Write Review

Year built: 1997
Architect(s): Perry Dye (1997), Wadsworth Golf Construction (1997)
Type: Public
Greens: Bent Grass
Fairways: Bermuda (419 & Tiff II) overseeded with a trilogy of Rye grass

Dress code: Proper golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Black (W) 71 6222 yards 76.5 146

Desert Pines Golf Club is often referred to as "The Pinehurst" of Las Vegas. It offers a Carolina sandhills experience, yet is conveniently located just minutes from downtown or the Strip. This Dye design features thousands of mature pine trees lining the well-groomed fairways where white sand bunkers protect large, undulating, bent grass greens. Because of the large number of pine trees, often times this course is cooler than other courses in the heat of the summer. Although there are no forced carries, water comes into play on 9 of the 18 holes.

Location is convenient to the city near local attractions worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers locals seniors   Challenges include narrow fairways bunkers water hazards   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

"Friday The 13th"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2018

Course was in great shape. Staff was very friendly.

Commented on 07/16/2018

Thanks for playing last week at Desert Pines. I'm happy to hear the course and staff treated well. Please come back and see us the next time you are in town.

"Hidden Jewel"

sameru1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2018

I am amazed that this course does not get more play than it does. The layout is excellent, the greens rolling fast and true the fairways are excellent. The staff is very very friendly and professional. The pace of play was excellent I played with a gentleman that had the same type of game I had, we did not rush we had a good even pace, and played the course in 3 hours during prime time tee off time. I could give this course 10 Stars if I could!

Commented on 07/13/2018

Thank you for the kind words about the property. The team strives to create an environment which is fun and friendly. Glad you enjoyed the pace of play and course conditions. We look forward to having you back at Desert Pines.

"It's a pete dye! Nuff said!"

Dominick6635065's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2018

Condition was good, greens very fast and difficult to read, sunday pin placement on a Wednesday, but looks like there's not much more options except sunday placement, more 3 putts in our group than 3 rnds with same group at other courses.mid summer in las vegas and water cooler was bone dry, and we teed off in am. Overall nice course, maybe let greens grow out a touch to make round a little more enjoyable.

Commented on 07/13/2018

Dominick thanks for playing at Desert Pines. Thanks for the feedback on the water coolers as we try to have them changed every morning by 7am. I'll address your concern with the team. Yes the greens can be tricky. Playing the course a few times can be a big benefit as to where to land the ball on the greens. We hope to see you again soon.

"Nice track"

Moopster's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2018

Definitely worth a visit,course was in good condition greens are undulating so a good test of accuracy. Clubhouse ladies super friendly.

Give it a try you won’t be disappointed.

Commented on 07/11/2018

Thanks for playing the course! I'll pass along your praise of the staff. Always makes their day to hear nice comments.

"Hidden Gem"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2018

Course is a hidden gem. Layout is excellent. Tee boxes, fairways & greens all in very good condition. Staff very friendly. Only drawbacks are location of course is not in best area of Las Vegas & food in restaurant not great.

Commented on 07/06/2018

I actually was being kind on saying food not great. Cheese burger was worst that I’ve ever had at a golf restaurant!!

Commented on 07/06/2018

Thanks for playing at Desert Pines. Its nice toe read you though the staff treated you well while here. The area has its challenges but I hope you felt like you were in a little slice of Carolina while in Las Vegas. Sorry to hear you did not enjoy the food while in restaurant. Was there something specific we can improve on? Thanks.

"Cool"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2018

It was a very cool place to play with a very nice layout. Some very tight fairways but also scoreable. Nice to see some water coming to play once a while as well with a good layout

Commented on 06/15/2018

Thanks you for playing at Desert Pines! We agree the course can allow for some good scoring if you hit the ball straight. Hope to see you again soon.

"Las Vegas hidden Jem"

BowdTee's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2018

This is one of the best courses in Las Vegas and value for cost hands down THE BEST.

Course is in pristine condition and the layout while what some may call short it makes up for in challenging.

Surrrounded by trees you have no idea you are in the middle of the city other than a few holes where you can hear the traffic. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a fun round of golf..

Commented on 05/24/2018

Thanks for playing Desert Pines! The staff at the golf club work hard at creating a fun environment while playing and we appreciate your posting.

docgolfs's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

challenging course even from middle tees. friendly staff. 4 hr round teeing off at 10:30 am

Commented on 05/24/2018

Thank you for playing golf at Desert Pines while you were in Las Vegas. We hope you come back and play the time you're in town.

"Don’t play here"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2018

Got to course and played front nine only to find out after that that the back side is closed. No one even told us before we started. This is very arrogant in my opinion and I am pursuing getting my money back

"Disappointing"

u000002820571's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2018

I had excellent memories from playing this course in April 2016. Unfortunately, this time was really poor. I was only told that the back 9 was closed when I turned up to play, not at the booking stage. I asked what would happen when I completed the front 9 and returned to the first tee, and was reassured that the tee would be free. You can guess where this is going... I played the front 9 in a very fast time because I was off first at 6:50am, then returned to the first tee to find a 4ball on the green and another group waiting on the fairway. To say I was annoyed was an understatement, so much so that I left, after asking for 50% of my greenfee back. I appreciate it must be a nightmare to schedule golf in this format, but why does the course accept the bookings in the first place!? It’s purely for financial greed, in my opinion. If they simply took a 9-hole booking then there could’ve been no complaints, surely?

Aside from the timing issues, the course looked really tired on the approaches to the greens. The greens themselves were in generally poor condition with many, many pitchmarks all over them. This is mainly down to lazy golfers not repairing their pitch-marks, I appreciate that, but they looked terrible. I’d like to add that the greens were fantastic when I played in 2016, so something has gone amiss since then.

The layout of the course is really good, still, and it’s enjoyable to play. The holes are challenging without being miles long and it’s pleasant on the eye, too. Hopefully, they will sort out the maintenance issues and return the course to the same standard that I enjoyed so much two years ago. The location is convenient and the price for 18 holes is decent. I’d like readers of this review to remember these last points, and for the staff at the course to pay attention to the first ones - and fix them!

Commented on 05/24/2018

I am sorry to hear about your experience at Desert Pines while you were in town. We were in the midst of punching our greens and had 9 holes closed. The club works hard to make each round a fun experience from start to finish and I hope the next time you come to Las Vegas you'll still play our club.

"Hidden Gem"

MikeTuft's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2018

Lovely course in a less than lovely part of Vegas. Narrow fairways make the course more challenging than the yardage would indicate. I play this course everr time I am in Vegas.

Commented on 05/24/2018

Mike its great to hear you play Desert Pines every time you're in Las Vegas. The course is challenging but very user friendly. See you next time at the club.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2018

"Challenging"

hofferth's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2018

The course was in great shape. Narrow fairways and undulatng greens make the course a challenge. Lots of sand and waste areas, too. No ranger on the course allowed the groups to get bottled up on the later holes, about 5 hours to play.

"Bad layout"

sbucrek's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2018

Not enough space between fairways. Need s helmet for errant balls coming blindly over the burms between fairways. Greens too sloped for their speed.

All that ends up in slow play due to 3 putting, blind shots, lost balls and people from adjacent holes having to hit blind shots back to the correct fairway.

Pretty brainless design.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2018

"Ok golf course"

jcarroll7's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2018

The layout of this course was good, and we were exited to play it based on the reviews and website. The greens ran pretty well - but the course wasn’t well maintained for the price. Pace of play was slow with no Marshall on the course. I wouldn’t play here again, but if it was better kept it be a great track.

"Desert Pines"

toddanderson24's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/23/2018

I played this course because of availability and time constraints. The price seemed ok for this time of year and so I took it. The area seemed a little sketchy driving there, but once you are on property, you feel 100% safe and secure. The Pronshop was friendly, but the driving range is a little haul down to practice facilities. When I got down there, a guy from Proshop came up and offered me the chance to go off :30 early to play with 3 guys instead of the 3 women I was originally paired up with. When I got to tee box, the group was already on 1 fairway, so it was a little rushed. Bev carts were friendly, but not really over the top. Bar inside was nice, but did have to wait a little bit and running a tab was a little cumbersome with Bar and Bev Cart. Course layout was typical Pete Dye layout, nice condition but visually intimidating from the tee box!! Took me about 5.5 hours so, much slower than I’d like to play. Would play again if no other viable options available.

shalimar713's avatar