Diablo/Outlaw at Badlands Golf Club

This golf course is closed for business. Not true? Let us know.
Looking for other options nearby?

Championship 72 6842 yards 72.9 150
Back 72 6408 yards 70.6 139
Middle 72 5909 yards 70.5 135
Forward 72 5184 yards 69.0 120
Scorecard for Diablo/Outlaw
Black M: 73.0/149 333 520 487 416 228 389 189 551 473 3586 396 153 341 405 305 535 405 222 515 3277 6863
Blue M: 70.6/140 320 490 451 351 206 374 171 531 448 3342 363 128 325 383 286 514 381 207 494 3081 6423
White M: 70.5/135 W: 73.7/127 296 443 407 335 171 361 150 504 393 3060 312 110 300 378 263 482 357 172 471 2845 5905
Green W: 69.5/120 257 417 376 328 159 277 121 437 318 2690 284 89 247 350 248 460 269 132 430 2509 5199
Red W: 70.1/126 257 417 376 328 159 277 121 437 318 2690 284 89 247 350 243 450 269 132 430 2494 5184

Year Built 1997
Architect Johnny Miller

Golf School Academy Yes - "Bob May Golf Academy"

19th Hole Specials 19

Odd Course

I received a pretty good deal to play this course. Initially, I was impressed with the bagboy driving out to load our bags onto the court. He also provided us with free range balls to hit. Then, we drive over to the putting greens and the driving range. I was intrigued by the driving range as it is hilly and I was expecting to have some hill side shots (none on the course). The putting greens were horrible. The course could definitely use a lot of water as the fairways were a yellowish green. I was surprised to see a course in this condition as all courses are looking immaculate after over seeding. I do not think this course over seeds. The greens were bumpy, sponge like, and almost unplayable.

The first 9 holes of the course were okay and most of the shots were straight. The back 9 was a different story. There are a lot of blind shots! You have no idea or even an estimate of where you may want to hit the ball to. The golf cart comes with a somewhat GPS that just tells you to play the shot to the “left center.” The GPS machine is antiquated and very confusing to use. There are no diagrams of what the holes look like. You have to be careful because you are out there playing target golf on narrow fairways surrounded by big canyons. I would never play here again. The course is in deplorable condition. I read another review that he course was shutting down. Inside the pro shop, I was told that they have 2 courses and the Outlaw was closed and they will be keeping Desperado and Diablo open. He assured me that the course will not be shutting down. Based on the course conditions that I observed, I would not be surprised if the course did shut down.

Badlands

Not too bad of shape but bunkers are terrible, like hitting off a concrete cart path.

Response from Badlands Golf Club on 11/28/2016:
Thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback about the bunkers and will make sure to address this point. Thanks again and we hope to have you back soon!

Course closing

Staff informed me that the course will be closing in 2 weeks, looks like course maintenance had already been discontinued. I have played this course a number of times and was always in excellent condition, too bad that we are going to loose this one.

Response from Badlands Golf Club on 11/22/2016:
Thank you for your review! As it turns out, Elite Golf will be staying on at Badlands Golf Club! We look forward to continue working with them for many years to come! We are open for all of 2017!
Marcush28
Commented On 12/01/2016

I was told the same thing and it does look like any sort of maintenance is being dedicated to this course. It was in poor condition.

Badlands is a fun course

Tough course with a lot of blind hits. Club selection a must as you can't just drive a ball off all the tees. Off the fairways turf too long. Roughs and greens ok. Nice views of mountains, ravines and pricey homes.

Response from Badlands Golf Club on 11/03/2016:
Thanks for your review! We're glad you enjoyed the challenge our course presented. We can't wait to have you back for your next round at Badlands!

this has good and challenging features.

Very nice course. It has some very challenging holes.

The lay out is great and scenic. You just have to watch for water hazards, creeks, sand traps and some blind shots. Overall...It is a great Golf Course.

Response from Badlands Golf Club on 11/03/2016:
Thank you for your 5 star review! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your experience at our course. We look forward to having you back soon! Let us know about your experience on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/Badlands-Golf-Club-144199503796/?fref=ts

great layout

have played for a few years now when in town but not as good condition this time

Response from Badlands Golf Club on 10/28/2016:
Thanks for your review! We're glad you continue to visit our course when you are in the area. We're sorry that you did not enjoy our course conditions this time. We hope to see you back when you are in the area again!

Very enjoyable but challenging course

I've played this course several times and love coming back. It is a difficult course but not unfair at all. The design of the course is wonderful and has a variety of holes and elevations that make it a lot of fun and a great challenge to play.

Overall the course is not as good a shape as I've seen it before - part of that is probably due to the change in seasons and winter grass starting to growi in. The greens were very soft, which is great for playing but also cause huge ball marks that can be difficult to repair. There were tons of ball marks on some of the greens that can make putting difficult at times.

The starter was very friendly and helpful and got us out ahead of a larger group which was much appreciated.

I come to Vegas 3 or 4 times a year and will continue to always try and play this course when I visit.

Response from Badlands Golf Club on 10/26/2016:
Thanks for your review! We're glad you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We appreciate your feedback on the ball marks and will make sure to address this issue, We can't wait to have you back the next time you are in the area!

Just the 3 of us

3 buddies golfing the Badlands, tough course, beautiful layout.

It would help w some diagram ( on GPS) for you to place you shot

Response from Badlands Golf Club on 10/13/2016:
Thanks for your review! We are thrilled that you and your buddies enjoyed your experience at Badlands. We look forward to having you back for your next round with us!

Outlaw / Desperado

A tale of two nines. Outlaw was not difficult and pretty straight forward. The Desperado was a different story. Target golf lots of trouble and elevation changes that make club choice critical

86e86657-bb8b-581c-81e8-c19963221329
badlandsgolf
Commented On 10/05/2016

Thanks for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience at Badlands. We look forward to having you back for your next round with us!

Excellent condition

Tough layout From back tees, but

Greens rolled true. Fairways in great shape also.

86e86657-bb8b-581c-81e8-c19963221329
badlandsgolf
Commented On 09/28/2016

Thanks for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your round at Badlands. We are pleased that you enjoyed our course conditions and we hope to see you back soon for your next round!

Valid dates: Sep 17, 2018 - Oct 31, 2018