Rhodes Ranch Country Club

4.1966176471 4.2 stars from 5 (464)

GPS: Yes

Dress code: Collared shirt required
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Hidden in the folds of the Southern Nevada desert is the lush oasis of Rhodes Ranch Golf Club. The abundance and variety of water features characterize the golf course. Ponds and lakes come into play frequently. There are also mature palms lining the gently rolling fairways and generous greens. The club is known for the immaculate maintenance of the verdant tropical landscape. The course is player-friendly while at the same time offering Las Vegas golfers some unexpected challenges. The layout boasts a set of four impressive par 3s including the scenic third hole, which requires a tee shot over a pond. The designer, Ted Robinson, touted the holes as the best he's ever designed. Rolling mounds and strategic bunkering as well as the occasional multi-tiered green make the golf course more difficult, but there are wide fairways and ample landing areas to provide a balance. The playability of the course combined with the reasonable rates, especially for Las Vegas golf, has earned the club a popular following.

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals advanced golfers a weekend splurge   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

kappaquint's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2018

"Awesome course"

anderson0401's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2018

Enjoyed playing this course, great view to the strip.

"Great value for $29"

thedude404's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2018

Got to the course early and hit some free range balls and used their practice putting and chipping green. They also have a separate bunker practice area. For whatever reason, they booked me along with another 4-some at the same time, but the starter got me going along with another single ahead of them. We teed off at 1:55 and were done by 4:45. Didnt see anyone the entire round. Absolutely perfect. Golf as it's meant to be.

I played from the tips and while there were homes surrounding the holes, they were set back far enough where OB really wasn't an issue, which was great. The rough was actually up a little bit and pretty thick so it was penalizing to an extent, which is how it should be. Past the rough was the usual sand and rocks, but surprisingly I never had one shot from the waste areas.

The fairways you always got a good lie. This is the third course I have played in Vegas and it seems like the greens had more un-repaired ball marks than the other 2 courses I've played as I repaired several per hole. The greens overall though were smooth although it seemed on the front the speed was slower and the speed picked up on the back. I guess that could be due to it drying out as the afternoon wore on. In any case, my putting sucked but that is 100% on me as once again I couldnt get the speed or direction down.

One small gripe is on the tee boxes, the grass needed to be cut down just a little shorter. Not an issue on the par 4's and 5's, but it was somewhat on the par 3's. Although I do understand you dont want the grass to burn out in the heat. So I'll take how it was over a burnt out tee box.

There are a few water hazards that come into play (I really liked the fake aqua blue looking water) and the par 3's are a challenge with the shortest being 191 from the tips. And there is some good quality sand in the bunkers, although it was a little thick, which is ok, just be prepared. You probably want to hit a few out of the practice bunkers before heading out on the course to prepare yourself.

Overall, this course if very playable and fair and if you are playing well (which I wasnt) you can definitely go low as it's only 6900 yards. While there is no GPS in the carts or course layout on the card, at each hole there is a layout of the hole on the sign and the scorecard shows the greens and pin positions ie front, middle, back.

After the round I had a brew with my playing partner at the bar. Nice bar with several brews on draft and a nice liquor selection and friendly bartender. Fairly large deck overlooking the course. They even have a Golden Tee game. I'd be interested to see how this bar is on the weekends....they have live music and karaoke on certain nights.

To top all of that off, they have a special membership program which i won't get into but suffice it to say, it's a great deal.

So yeah, I think since this course is only 20 minutes from where I live I think this could become my home course in Vegas, especially with the membership program. If you are in town to play some golf on a vacation, I would definitely give this place a try.

"Great views"

newy18's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2018

Course is fantastic as always, pace of play was pretty good had to wait on groups in front of us occasionall still played right at four hours. . Had time to take some photos while we were waiting to hit. This isn't a criticism but not something we are used to. Couldn't take our cart to driving range but not that big of deal. I see why they do it so in insures that groups go off on time. Price is high for out of towners but it is what it is. Side note didn't see a marshall out on the course.

"Rhodes Ramch"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2018

Should be able to hit off grass at driving range any time - not just weekends. Need drinking water on course.

"Change in service"

Jim8369476's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2018

I have played here 3-4 times. Love the golf course, but the service level of the course staff, starter and team was not good. No help with bags, no real courtesy. Then they asked us if we could skip hitting balls and go early. W’d HBe smooth sailing. Told numerous one was open. When we got there, a SINGLE, teed off as we drove up, foursome in front of him, waited every tee

"Great break from the strip"

t2075754367's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2018

The course is not too far a drive from the strip and is like an oasis. Fairways are in excellent condition, greens are a bit patchy but run fast and true and hold the ball well. There is not too much to challenge the straight hitter but a pull or push will get you into trouble. Bunkers were in good shape and with lots of slopes can be a little tricky. Played to my 12 handicap so pretty much a fair test.

A bit of nature to see with a few water holes providing bird life a plenty, nice treat for Northern European was the sight of hummingbirds in the wild.

The cafe is good with wholesome food at reasonable prices, the beer wasn’t too bad either.

I was a solo golfer but they put me with two friendly locals which made the golf a lot more enjoyable and also helped with pointing out hazards along the way.

On the cost front, £40 on golf now, £50 for rental clubs (callaway), £20 extra for my wife to ride along.

Well worth a visit.

"An excellent golf experience"

GrantGillham's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

I recently purchased a home in Las Vegas and today I played my first round at Rhodes Ranch.

Entry and access into this gated community was easy. The pro shop staff was extremely friendly and very helpful.The starter was excellent. He got me off early.

The drink cart was right on time on the front and back 9's.

Pace of play was pretty good. I was a single behind a foursome and still got around in a little over four hours.

The turf on the tee boxes and in the fairways was excellent. Rhodes Ranch has a very good reclaimed water irrigation system and they clearly know what they're doing in the 100+ Las Vegas temperatures.

Greens are well maintained and pretty fair.

I plan on playing here regularly. It is a great value.

u2085313's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2018

"Good track"

Matt6395996's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2018

This course has been recommended to me on multiple occasions from both locals and tourists so I finally played it during this trip. Fun course not super tough and was in great shape. Booked directly with the course for a better rate (40% off) and time than offered on GN. I’d definitely play again on a discount rate.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2018

Vicious88's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2018

"Long way to 19 hole"

jmfracassi's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Love your people, course is in very good condition.

This is the 3rd time I played here and it was the worst round of golf I played in the last 10 years.

Worst not because of my score 83. But a 5:45 hour round of golf is just not right.

This is the 2nd time I played here with a round over 5 hours.

"Very Nice Course, But Pace Of Play Is A Huge Problem"

prberard's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2018

I played Rhodes Ranch on 4/21/2018 for the first time. The course is very beautiful - more of a park land setting as opposed to a desert course. The problem with this course is pace of play. When you check in, all signs indicate they manage the place. Your tee time is displayed on your cart along with a reminder of the time you should complete every four holes. They won't give you a key to the cart until about 5 minutes before your tee time. So there's no backlog of carts on tee 1. But once you get off, the problems begin. On 4 occasions, we had 3 groups on the tee waiting to tee off. It took 2 hours and 40 minutes to make the turn. I called the pro shop on 11 tee (another one with 3 groups waiting) to ask what was going on with the pace. They said the marshal was off for the day. Even though the pro shop said they'd send someone out to check, we never saw anyone riding around to monitor things. I wouldn't suggest or play this course again due to this problem. There are just too many other choices for nice courses in Vegas to tolerate this.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2018

grafsjb2's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2018

"Gorgeous neighborhood course"

Kterry551's avatar
Plays:  Twice a year

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2018

Rhodes Ranch Golf Course is located in a gated subdivision. Even though my hubby and I didn't play as well as we would have liked, we really enjoyed the course. There are plenty of challenges through the undulating course, but yet the fairways are spacious and "bowl-like" with plenty of traps (yes we were in a few) along with water, trees, arroyos, and uneven lies. Greens were well groomed and met our expectations for speed and undulations, which weren't too difficult. Fairways were in great shape. I would definitely play here again if visiting Las Vegas and certainly recommend it to any golfer.

"Golf Now review"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

The course we played was great but fairly slow. We booked through Golf Now after paying $197 for a membership thinking we were getting a great deal. I booked the next day directly for $20 less money. I'm not sure of the value of Golf Now but the course was great.

"Beautiful course"

Markhellis's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2018

Slow sometimes due to talent of golfers

No Marshall no ones bag drop

No ball washers.

I will play again

"Golf Weekend in Vegas area."

tommybeck's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2018

Played Rhodes Ranch again. Paired with two other men about my age and skill. Pace of play was about 20 to 30 minutes slower than predicted time. Good food, good course. I play there once a year traveling in from Ohio.