Crossings Golf Club

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for locals   Challenges include bunkers water hazards narrow fairways   Great for drinks

"DRAMATIC IMPROVEMENTS!"

Crackshot's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2018

Greens are getting there fast. Some were almost perfect. A huge improvement by new owners.

"Great course, on its way back after renovation!"

butchammon's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2018
First time playing Used cart Cold weather

First time playing The Crossings. I've heard all the stories before about the course being renovated and things like that. Lots of terrible reviews too.

But let me say that it now appears to be on its way back and is a great course! Lots more renovations planned from what I heard too.

The course itself was very challenging to me, being the first time I played there. I'm just an old "duffer" who shoots in the upper 90's....

For all the naysayers out there, give The Crossings another try. It's really looking nice now!

"Okay course for the money"

Ryan4802593's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/03/2017

The greens were in awful shape. #13 has just been renovated and is great, but the rest of the course was just ok. They say they have plans to fix up the rest of the course, and I hope that they do. The layout was interesting and the staff was great. Pace of play was wonderful, but that's probably because not a lot of people were playing because of the bad greens. If they make it in to the course they are projecting, then I will play here all the time.

"Worst Course in RVa now."

Kory7357495's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017

Just plain and simple....Dont go waste your money here. Even after lengthy repairs, the course is still in terrible shape. Very, Very disappointing!

"Course was in poor shape"

BernieBBad's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/23/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

First time here and was very disappointed in the course conditions. This was Oct 2016 on a beautiful sunny cool day. Grass on fairways was very sparse. Most shots were off dirt.

The greens were also in poor condition. Many areas had you putting on sand without grass. The few traps we encountered were hard packed, almost like clay in a baseball infield.

The first cut rough was about three inches high, combined with low sun angle made finding balls in the rough difficult.

Overall the course was in poorest condition of many we played this year.

The design was OK, but no holes were truly memorable.

"Greens in rough shape"

vinny717's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/17/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

The course was in very rough condition but overall a good layout in a good location.

Response from The Crossings Golf Club on 10/24/2016:

Hi vinny717,

Thank you for your review. We are working hard to improve our course conditions and we hope that you have a better overall experience with us next time.

"Weak conditions"

Speedblade54's avatar
Virginia Advisor

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/17/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Go elsewhere. Greens hard and patchy at best . Tee boxes muddy and worn out. Fairways dirty and light grass. Traps , just take a drop , a muddy mess. Yes we have had our share of rain last month , but have played three local courses in past couple weeks that are far in away much better condition. Location is convienent , so course just gets really worn out . Part of the issue, always crowded . Personally I'll drive few miles for course in good shape. If looking for course that is not too far away , don't mind the crowds, not looking for picturesque views, don't mind the noise of interstate while teeing up and poor course conditions no issues , then come on by. The staff is nice and 19th hole good stop for a beer.

Response from The Crossings Golf Club on 10/24/2016:

Hi Speedblade54,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for our course conditions not being up to par. Our staff is working hard to improve them. We hope to see you out here again soon.

"Should of went somewhere else"

2010tattoo's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2016

Played around noon today and for a friday I was wondering where everyone was. After a couple of holes we figured it out. The greens and course where in terrible condition. I love the layout and hope it gets better there are to many nice courses in the area struggling these days. Guess I need to start reading the reviews more often and not going on how things use to be but how the conditions are now.

Commented on 09/30/2016

We're so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your round with us. We're currently working very hard to improve conditions and we hope you'll come and play here again in the future to see the results.

"Not Good Experience"

rherlihy11's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/11/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Not the best of experiences for this round. We had a Golf team of 13 players get let off 5 minutes before our tee time. Asked if we could go off the back nine and was told no because it would throw off everyone that would be coming to the 10th tee. The starter said that the groups could be slow at times because they were qualifying and that he would check on them from time to time to monitor their play. At no time did we see him or a ranger checking on them. Every par 3 was backed up because they would group up with the coaches. The greens were horrible and the bunkers were rock hard, they looked like they weren't raked in ages. It was very disappointing. I have play there quite a few times and it seems like they're not taking care of the course. Thank goodness I only paid $22.00 to play.

Commented on 09/15/2016

Hi Rherlihy11,

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a good experience. Please email us at TheCrossingsGC@outlook.com if you wish to further discuss your round. We hope to hear from you soon.

"Virginia Crossings Review"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2016

I'm not an avid golfer and play about 7-10 times per year. My wife and I have played this corse before and found it in good condition and the staff always friendly. However it has been a couple of years. For my 55th birthday we decided to play it again, although the staff is very friendly we founds the course has not been well maintained. The fairways had not been mowed and it was easy to lose a ball in the first cut of rough. Greens had just been sanded and were burnt, sand traps were mud ( we haven't had rain in some time) plus many tee boxes were bare and in poor condition. I would not recommend this course to anyone at this time

Commented on 08/29/2016

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a good experience. Please email us at TheCrossingsGC@outlook.com if you would like to further discuss your round. We hope to hear from you soon.

"Greens in poor condition"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/18/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

When we arrived we were notified that the back nine was closed for aerification and that we could play the front nine twice or get a voucher for 9 holes at a later date. When started on the first hole it was clear that they had just aerified the nine within the last few days. Every green was like playing at the beach. I believe that in about a month the greens may be in good condition but for my round yesterday they were not good.

Commented on 08/29/2016

Thank you for playing at The Crossings. We recently aerified the greens and are experience recovery conditions. We hope to have another chance at exceeding your expectations once the greens are healed.

"Slightly Disappointed"

Todd1094789's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Stepped onto first tee and little to no grass on tee box. fairway was slightly better and green was average. My mind set after that was disappointment. Sandtraps were real spotty. Some with sand, some just hardpan dirt with pebbles and rocks. Was really looking forward to playing this course. As round went on course was in better shape. Overall was just average course.

"Great Course"

Douglas5799269's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/13/2016

Nice place to play and have fun,A lot of bunkers around the green that make approach shots on the greens a must

Hi Douglas5799269,

Thank you for choosing The Crossings! We are so happy to hear that you had fun at the course. We hope to see you again soon!

"Been better"

csp246's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Grew up around the area and have played here probably 50+ times. Tee boxes were alright, fairways were pretty good (best part of the course this day), bunkers were in bad condition as in drainage and amount of sand. Almost every green was bumpy, dried out, and just not fun to putt on. Some were decent. I think they've been hurt by the high heat mixed with afternoon downpours.

Hi Csp124,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your experience was not up to par. Please email us at TheCrossingsGC@outlook.com. We hope to have another chance at exceeding your expectations.

"Mine field greens"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Check in was quick and easy. The range is the best around town as I am a local. The course was clean, but the greens were the worst greens I have seen all summer. They were bumpy, patches of dryness and just plain not taken care of. The best looking green on the course was on the 17th hole. All day long my partner, the guys were playing with and myself were putting through craters on the green. You would start a putt online and within a few feet would change directions due to bumps in the green, the million unrepaired ball marks, etc. I have played this course many times before and have been please, but Saturday the greens really took away from the experience.

Commented on 08/15/2016

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a good experience with the greens. Please email us at TheCrossingsGC@outlook.com so that we may further discuss your round. We hope to hear from you soon.

"A good course that could use some work"

Age:  Under 25

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2016
Previously played Walked Played 18 holes Fair weather

The Crossings is a solid daily-fee course that is somewhat challenging. It is almost 6,700 from the back tees and it has several bunkers lining fairways and guarding greens. It's true feature is it's 17th hole which is over water. A genuine beauty it could decide a tournament. All of that is true about the course, but the Crossings has some faults. It's fairways are thin with patches stretching up to 30 yards of no grass just ground. This isn't on one or two holes it is on about all of them. This course is worth a 20-30 minute drive and 50 dollars, but it is not the true gem of Richmond.

Commented on 07/08/2016

Hi u9955973,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your round. Come back and see us again soon!

"Crossings"

Aj2667851's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2016

Pace of play was ok, course in good condition

Commented on 07/08/2016

Hi Aj2667851,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your round. We hope to see you back again soon!

"Disappointing"

RavensGolfer's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Had heard great things for years about this course and finally had the chance to play it. Layout was average, but the conditions were poor. I'll give an extra star on the overall rating because it had rained a lot recently, but the conditions seemed more the result of maintenance decisions than a short term weather event.

Commented on 10/11/2016

Hi RavensGolfer,

Thank you for your review. We apologize that the course conditions were not up to par. Our team is working very hard to make the necessary improvements. We hope to see you out here again sometime soon!

"Could have been better"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2016

Course smelled from some type of nasty water used on greens and fairways

"Crossings"

reeldiehl3's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2016

A beautiful layout.The course must have been magnificent at one time,, but it looks to be suffering from financial woes. Still a nice place to play. Certainly enough challenge for the average golfer.