Royal Links Golf Club

Year built: 1998
Architect(s): Perry Dye
Type: Public
Greens: Bermuda (Champions)
Fairways: Bermuda (Tiff II/419)

Caddies: No

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Back 72 7029 yards 73.7 135
Middle 72 6602 yards 71.2 131
Forward 72 5864 yards 68.4 125

Royal Links Golf Club is a tribute to the birthplace of golf-Scotland, Ireland and Britain. The course will feature 18 holes inspired by the most famous golf courses in the world. Courses such as Royal Lytham, Royal Troon, Prestwick, Royal Liverpool, The Old Course at St. Andrews, Royal Birkdale, Royal St. George, Muirfield, Turnberry and Carnoustie have all contributed to the design of this course.

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive near local attractions   Great for a weekend splurge advanced golfers a bucket list/top 100 pick   Challenges include bunkers thick rough undulating greens   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

"Almost perfect"

dltagge's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I had played this course a couple times five plus years ago and found the condition to be just okay. This time the fairways and greens were PERFECT.. The fairways were so good i felt like I could not miss an a shot.

The only negative was the bunkers which had very little sand. However the sand/dirt that was there was loosened up enough to make them marginally playable. The rest of the course was so perfect I still gave it 5 stars despite the bunkers.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 07/17/2018:

Thank you for coming back for another great round at Royal Links and sharing your experience with other golfers! We appreciate your feedback on the bunkers, and hope that we see you again next time you visit Las Vegas to golf!

"Fun course"

aquitiqu's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2018

I’m an index of 12. Played the tips had fun. Some par 4s really tough. Some where you can score. Fairways in great shape. Greens were slow cause of rain the day before. If you don’t find the fairway or rough...it’s a wasteland. I would play it again. Staff very approachable. Not the greatest course in Vegas but a real fun track. Got lost a couple times without the yardage book cause a few fairways are shared. Look forward to playing again

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 07/17/2018:

We're happy to hear you enjoyed your first visit to Royal Links and would come back to play us again! We hope you stayed on the fairway for most of your round and hope you grab a yardage book during your next visit!

"1st timer.."

Joseph7211579's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Course is an "great shape"! Green's were very smooth, fairways are clean, pace of play was perfect. The only reason, I didn't give it a 5 star, cause I heard, from my other players, that the bunkers hardly had dirt or sand in them, or it was hardpack? I didn't know, cause I avoided all 103 bunkers! :-) Shot my lowest round ever at 74 (gross)!!

For price, u can beat, great service, range balls & water provided. But note, these are small bottles so bring your own! No water on course or I didn't c a cart girl either?

You are get a sense u playing at the British open, except for the heat!

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 07/17/2018:

Thank you for sharing such a great shot of the castle and for your amazing review, Joseph! We commend you for staying out of the sand during your first visit to Royal Links and hope you'll come back to try to beat your lowest score again soon!

"One of the best"

Moopster's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2018

Course is in great shape,every hole a different challenge. Greens were perfect, could not have asked for more.

If you are thinking of giving this course a try STOP THINKING AND JUST DO IT.!!!

The only problem you will have is that you will have to judge all the other courses you play by this standard!!!!

Enjoy.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 07/09/2018:

Thank you for giving us a great 5-star review, Moopster! We appreciate you recommending Royal Links to other golfers and hope you'll come back next time you're in the area!

redyns's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2018

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 07/09/2018:

Thank you for your 5-stars, redyns!

"Great condition and challenging layout"

orakey88's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/28/2018

Thr last time we golfed here was in the winter. The fairways were dry and with few green grass. We came back this summer and the course is in great shape. Fairways, greens and bunkers were all well maintained. Unlike other public courses in Vegas this one is a little pricey but you will enjoy the sparingly spaced out golfers.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 07/09/2018:

Thank you for coming back to play another great round at Royal Links this summer! We're glad you enjoyed the conditions and layout during your second visit!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/28/2018

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 07/09/2018:

Thank you for rating Royal Links 5-stars!

"Scottish links"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2018

Was a good layout and challenge from the tips at 7100

Some of the greens rolled strange. Some where slow while others the ball rolled off with a Tap.

Nice grass practice area included. Along with water on the carts. Clubhouse was near. Inside and out was a Scottish castle.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 06/27/2018:

Thank you for reviewing your first visit to Royal Links! We're glad you enjoyed the course and practice areas, and hope you'll come back out for another round soon!

"Love this course!!!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/21/2018

The course was in great condition. It was pretty hot out here so the greens were not as soft as in the past. They were very slick but fun. The course is amazing and has some great holes. The only thing I was not okay with, and this is not to diminish the great rating and conditions of course. The bunkers are already challenging because you are 5-6 feet deep in a bunker. But here was grass in the bunker sides. I think they should be cleaned up. Again that is my opinion but game will get challenging if you land in one. Overall course is amazing and Rafferty was great.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 06/27/2018:

We're happy to hear you loved your last round at Royal Links! Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience!

"Great course!"

themtng8r's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018

I always play at least one round here when ever I'm in Vegas. Course is always in great shape with fast greens that hold approach shots. The staff is very friendly and do everything to make your experience a great one.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 06/20/2018:

We're glad you made it back out for another round during your last visit! Thank you for rating Royal Links 5-stars and for your kind words about our staff!

"A little disappointing for a tribute course."

dufferkp333's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Reading about Royal Links before deciding to play the course I noticed comments about it having quite a few holes that would remind you of the courses in the British Open rotation. Specifically mentioned were two features of St. Andrews. The Road Hole and a very large bunker named after the residence of the devil. (Can't use the exact word since this review site censors that word as profanity)

#10 at Royal Links was an excellent portrayal of the Road Hole at St. Andrews that brought back fond memories of our round there in 2003. However, I never saw the Hades Bunker during our play at Royal Links and had to ask the Pro Shop after the round where it was. Very Disappointing - I got in the Hades Bunker in 2003 and after playing out of that monster bunker had to have a playing partner help me get out over the 4 1/2 foot sod walls.

After playing 6 named courses in 2003 we expected many other memories but the other holes referenced by signs on the tee boxes at Royal Links were non-starters.

Play the course because it is a good value and is in very good condition. Don't play it hoping for it to give you insight into playing the Open Championship holes.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 06/11/2018:

Hi dufferkp333, we appreciate you coming out to play Royal Links, especially having experience on some of the original holes our replicas mimic. We're glad you enjoyed your round and the course conditions and appreciate your feedback.

"Excellent course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2018

What a great experience. We had a group of 28 golfers with n early 6:00 AM tee time. The staff was great, providing yardage books and taking care of preliminary details. The course was in great shape!! We had read some of the earlier responses of difficulties but the course was in excellent condition. Both the fairways and greens were excellent. The traps were tough but after all. this was a British open replica course and it was represented well. It is probably a course you need to play more than once to understand that placement is more important then distance. Our group all loved the course ; in fact 4 of us played an extra 18 at great rate. The staff in Stymies pub also did a great job. Our group is looking forward to returning to your great course again. Sincerely Dale Hrach and the Hrach group

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 07/09/2018:

Thank you for sharing a great group outing experience at Royal Links, Dale! We're very happy to hear the Hrach group enjoyed visiting Royal Links and hope you'll join us again next time your in the area for a round and a pint!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 06/11/2018:

Thank you for rating your first experience at Royal Links 5-stars!

"Royal Links was fun!"

Hobidan's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Great Links course! Thankfully it was not windy as a windy Scottish Links course with these Pot Bunkers would be like playing the actual British Open courses! Had a blast and was paired up with some great people.

Play was fast mid-week, but no refreshment service and Alcohol was suspended until May2018.

Strange Cart damage deposit requirement - must be some history here....

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 05/22/2018:

Thank you for sharing your experience from playing Royal Links, Hobidan! We're glad you enjoyed playing some of the most iconic holes from the British Open with a great group (and without the wind!)

"Burnt up, bad greens, and no Booze."

mdc2's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2018

The course is burnt up, a lot more yellow than green. The pictures online don’t represent The actual conditions. Worst thing about it was no alcohol on the course due to a liquor license issue, and their failure to mention that until we were all paid and checked in.

Response from Royal Links Golf Club on 04/23/2018:

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. Your comments have been shared with our Food & Beverage Management team and please rest assured that these areas of concern will be addressed.

"Interesting"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2018

The design was very interesting, tough bunkers, lots of blind shots, great challenge and fun! Staff was great!

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 04/17/2018:

Thank you for reviewing your visit to Royal Links! We appreciate your compliments of our staff and are happy to hear you enjoyed our legendary replica holes!

"Great Course!"

ajordan1967's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2018

I love this course and play it whenever I’m in Vegas! The greens weren’t in the best condition even though the female employee told me they were in excellent condition when I called the day before. Otherwise it was a great experience as usual.

Larry,

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 04/17/2018:

Thank you for your review Larry! We appreciate you coming back out to play Royal Links again during your last visit to Vegas and appreciate your feedback.

"Bring your A game"

btk's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018

My brother & I are around 5 handicaps & enjoyed

The course immensely!!

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 04/17/2018:

We're glad you 5-handicappers enjoyed a 5-star experience at Royal Links, btk! Thank you for coming out to play Royal Links, we hope we'll see you again next time you're in the area!

"Not worth the $$"

Jamo007's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018

Course in pour condition need lots of help to get it to par with other course in vegas por same price. Staff excellent.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 04/17/2018:

Thank you for your compliments of our staff and feedback on your experience, Jamo007.

"AVOID THIS COURSE"

investor8007's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Course condition is awful and way over priced for what you get. I have played over 20 courses in the Vegas area and this one would be at the bottom of my list. The nicest thing about it is the clubhouse... I hope the new ownership can get things together because this was a terrible experience. I will note that the staff we interacted with was top notch.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 04/10/2018:

Hi investor8007, we appreciate your compliments of our staff and the facilities. Thank you for coming out to Royal Links during your recent visit and review of your round as we strive to make improvements to all areas of our golfers' experiences.