Royal Links Golf Club

Type: Public
Greens: Bermuda (Champions) overseeded with Poa Triv
Fairways: Bermuda (Tiff II/419) overseeded with Rye Grass

Caddies: No

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Back 72 7029 yards 73.7 135
Middle 72 6602 yards 71.2 131
Forward 72 5864 yards 68.4 125

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive near local attractions   Great for a weekend splurge advanced golfers a bucket list/top 100 pick   Challenges include bunkers thick rough undulating greens   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

"Best Las Vegas Course"

Xmasguy1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/13/2018

Royal Links is a must play course. Staff is friendly, course is challenging but you feel as if you are playing history here. To top it off I made par on 18.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 01/15/2018:

Thank you for rating your first round at Royal Links! We appreciate you making us a 'Must Play' and kind words about our tremendous staff!

"Felt like I was in the British Open"

stuart508's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/05/2018

Great course, challenging and fun. Highly recommend a round of golf there if you are in Vegas.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 01/11/2018:

We're glad you were able to enjoy a great round with the British Open feel, Stuart! Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience!

"Overall experience"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/31/2017

This is more than a golf course. It’s an experience. Spend time in the old world club house. Imagine what it would be like play under pressure of a major golf tournament. I caught it on a day in which the greens were really fast. I found myself having to putt defensively.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 01/04/2018:

Thank you for your 5-star rating and review! We're glad you enjoyed an amazing overall experience and hope you will come back to visit us again soon!

Danbosmith's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/18/2017

First Time playing a links style course. Very enjoyable. Never been in Sandtrap’s 5 feet deep befor. But lots of fun with my two friends and I. Pace of play great course great condition staff very friendly. They were in the process of renewing their liquor license so that was a bummer having no booze. Already planning on playing again when we return to Vegas

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 12/21/2017:

We're glad you had a great experience your first trip to Royal Links, Dan! Thank you for rating us 5-stars, and we hope you didn't spend too much time in those deep bunkers! We look forward to having you back the next time you visit the area!

"Little Castle"

sstreitz's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/13/2017

I truly enjoyed playing RL. The greens were could, but not as fast as I expected them to be. I played in the off season, so this may have been why they were not what I expected.

Fun course that plays easy

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 12/18/2017:

We're glad you enjoyed the course and our clubhouse, sstreitz! Thank you for rating your experience 5-stars and have a very happy holiday!

Marybangi's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/04/2017

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 12/12/2017:

Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience from your first visit to Royal Links, Mary! We're glad you had a fun day at the course and would love to have you back again soon!

"What a fun course!"

BobbyJ2030's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/30/2017

This was a really fun course. If you like golf and golf history this should be a must play for you. I am looking forward to watching the OPEN this next year. I even made sure to get one of the yardage books so I can look up the holes from that course when it is on tv. Great staff and a really great day of golf. I will for sure be back again.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 12/18/2017:

Thank you for sharing your 5-star round of golf from Royal Links, Bobby! We are very happy to hear you'll be enjoying the OPEN next year after playing our course and look forward to your next visit! Happy Holidays!

"TO AND FRO"

sixthandeighth's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/21/2017
First time playing Used cart Verified Purchaser

Staff was friendly. Burger after front nine was great. Greens were super fast, held pretty well, smooth, but green design and some of the pin placements made it like miniature golf. Very disappointing. I'm a scratch and played from the 6600 yard tees. Wasn't overly difficult except for the silly greens and poor hole locations. For this reason alone, I wouldn't recommend the course.The on course coyote made you pay attention. One more thing, the size of the "postage stamp" green was disappointing. Could land a plane on it.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 11/27/2017:

Hi sixthandeighth, thank you for coming out to play Royal Links. We appreciate your kind words about our staff and your compliments of the restaurant.

"Nice course"

hammer6660's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/19/2017

Second time playing this course. Great conditions and very friendly staff. Would highly recommend.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 12/05/2017:

Thank you for rating your last experience at Royal Links 5-stars, hammer6660! We're glad you came out for another great round of golf during your last visit to Las Vegas and appreciate your recommendation!

"Better buy a yardage book!"

daslinker's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/18/2017

Very nice! Great conditions and each hole was totally different. However... many bunkers are hidden from sight and without knowing where they are, shots that look great can end up being miserable. Also, the bunkers are supposedly exact replicas, so depending on which British Open hole they are modeled after the sand- no, make that dirt- can be anything from nicely playable to "forget about advancing the ball and just go out backwards". A couple of greens were also completely hidden from sight, making for even more anxiety.

But I truly liked it... it was a unique course opposed to the typical Las Vegas offerings and really very interesting. I've now played 3 "British Open tribute" courses (Texas & Florida before) and this was the best of them, but it was hair-pulling to hit a nice shot right over a bunker to the green only to find out you ended up in a deep pothole that was hidden from view that will cost you, or nail your drive over a hill only to end up in yet another hidden bunker.

Everyone in our group had trouble putting, as the greens can be diabolical in disguising breaks and speed, but you may be a better green reader.

Anyway, don't take this as a negative review, it was truly an enjoyable day of golf for us all. I'm 65 years old, a 9-hdcp, playing from the whites and I shot 82 with an 8 on one hole, so the course was very playable. Just be sure to buy a yardage book and steer clear of those hidden hazards!

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 11/27/2017:

Thank you for reviewing your experience at Royal Links, daslinker. We appreciate your feedback on your round and your analysis of the course. We hope that you will get a chance to come out and play the course again!

"Not Scotland, but close"

jafried25's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/18/2017

I've never been to Scotland and may never get there, but we thoroughly enjoyed Royal Links as a substitute. We experienced the unique bumps and rolls of a links course, hidden bunkers, bad breaks, and surprisingly quick greens. Course was in good shape, not immaculate but didn't expect it to be. Had a great time playing famous holes like the postage stamp and road hole. Staff was ultra friendly and got us from our car to the tee in 10 minutes as we arrived right at our tee time. Finished last two holes at dark as pace of play is going to be a little slow with so much trouble to get into especially if you haven't played there before. Not a course I would play weekly, but next time we come to Vegas, we will definitely be back at Royal Links.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 11/27/2017:

We're glad you enjoyed our replicas of some of Scotland's best, jafried25! Thank you for visiting Royal Links and reviewing your experience!

"Unique Layout for Vegas"

stevewilliams21's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/17/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Royal Links was a fun course to play if you have never played it before. As a golf lover, I enjoyed the history surrounding this course as it was explained to me on tee boxes and in the yardage book. Rolling hills everywhere, and bunkers everywhere. The greens were difficult We played on a very windy day and that made it tough. I don't know if the course is worth $100+ which is what it usually costs, but if you're like me and will probably never play a British Open Course, it's nice to see what some of the best holes look and play like.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 11/27/2017:

Thank you for reviewing your round at Royal Links! We're glad you enjoyed playing our Scottish replicas and the unique history of the different holes on our course!

dkf252's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/17/2017

A fantastic round with friends. Course was in excellent condition and what a terrific staff. Will definitely come back. What a treat.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 11/27/2017:

Thank you for rating Royal LInks 5-stars, dk252! We're glad you and your friends enjoyed a great round and excellent conditions! We look forward to having you back again!

sfranny's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/12/2017

This course is very overrated for the price. I played in Nov 12 as a single couldn't even get done in 4 hours. No GPS in cart course was really burned out and the layout was very gimmicky. Much better course for the money is Bears Best wonderfully maintained course and cheaper. I'd pass on Royal Links.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 11/17/2017:

Thank you for coming out to play Royal Links during your trip to Vegas. We appreciate your feedback on your round on our unrivaled union of fabled holes from the Open Championship's eleven world-famous courses so many have enjoyed!

"Interesting Course"

richardjschatz3's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/09/2017

The novice golfer will learn quick, about obstacles that even the best golfers have to avoid!

The intermediate golfer will have to play smart or get lucky!!!!

Interesting facts at each hole!

Overall a great time

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 11/13/2017:

Thank you for your great feedback on your round of golf, Richard! We're glad you enjoyed the fun facts on each of our great replicas and we hope you will come back to visit us again!

"Great links"

Jmarquess's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/08/2017

Really well done recreation of famous Scottish holes

Well worth a trip

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 11/10/2017:

We're glad you enjoyed your trip out to Royal Links, Jmarquess! Thank you for your 5-star rating and recommendation!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/06/2017

Staff extremely friendly and accommodating. Allowed our foresome to go out early. Challenging course with a lot of variety. In great shape.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 11/13/2017:

Thank you for sharing your experience! We're glad your group enjoyed a great round at Royal Links!

"Go for the concept"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/04/2017

The concept is cool but once that wears off you left with an average course that is overpriced. Some holes were really cool and very obvious wbat they were modeled after but others were not as distinguishable.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 11/10/2017:

Thank you for your feedback on your experience at Royal Links. We're happy you enjoyed the concept of the course layout and hope you will come back and visit us again!

"Must Play Course in Vegas Strip area!"

jlpierce76's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/02/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Amazing links course in excellent shape! They've replicated holes from various links course's from the British Open---road hole---with crazy deep pothole bunkers---great value/beautiful clubhouse!

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 11/05/2017:

Thank you for making us a must play on your visits to Las Vegas, jlpierce76! We really appreciate your five-star rating and are glad you enjoyed the course conditions and layout featuring all of our great replica holes! We hope to see you at the course by the Castle in the Desert soon!

"Worth playing - but has declined a bit"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/01/2017

This course was in better shape the last few times we played it. It was still better than a few other local courses, but not as nice as it has been. Greens were a bit beat up, as well as the fairways a bit sloppy.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 11/10/2017:

Thank you for coming back for another round at Royal Links and sharing your feedback from your experience.