Royal Links Golf Club

Year built: 1998
Architect(s): Perry Dye
Type: Public
Greens: Bermuda (Champions)
Fairways: Bermuda (Tiff II/419)

Caddies: No

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Back 72 7029 yards 73.7 135
Middle 72 6602 yards 71.2 131
Forward 72 5864 yards 68.4 125

Royal Links Golf Club is a tribute to the birthplace of golf-Scotland, Ireland and Britain. The course will feature 18 holes inspired by the most famous golf courses in the world. Courses such as Royal Lytham, Royal Troon, Prestwick, Royal Liverpool, The Old Course at St. Andrews, Royal Birkdale, Royal St. George, Muirfield, Turnberry and Carnoustie have all contributed to the design of this course.

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive near local attractions   Great for a weekend splurge advanced golfers a bucket list/top 100 pick   Challenges include bunkers thick rough undulating greens   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

"Great course!"

themtng8r's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018

I always play at least one round here when ever I'm in Vegas. Course is always in great shape with fast greens that hold approach shots. The staff is very friendly and do everything to make your experience a great one.

"A little disappointing for a tribute course."

dufferkp333's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Reading about Royal Links before deciding to play the course I noticed comments about it having quite a few holes that would remind you of the courses in the British Open rotation. Specifically mentioned were two features of St. Andrews. The Road Hole and a very large bunker named after the residence of the devil. (Can't use the exact word since this review site censors that word as profanity)

#10 at Royal Links was an excellent portrayal of the Road Hole at St. Andrews that brought back fond memories of our round there in 2003. However, I never saw the Hades Bunker during our play at Royal Links and had to ask the Pro Shop after the round where it was. Very Disappointing - I got in the Hades Bunker in 2003 and after playing out of that monster bunker had to have a playing partner help me get out over the 4 1/2 foot sod walls.

After playing 6 named courses in 2003 we expected many other memories but the other holes referenced by signs on the tee boxes at Royal Links were non-starters.

Play the course because it is a good value and is in very good condition. Don't play it hoping for it to give you insight into playing the Open Championship holes.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 06/11/2018:

Hi dufferkp333, we appreciate you coming out to play Royal Links, especially having experience on some of the original holes our replicas mimic. We're glad you enjoyed your round and the course conditions and appreciate your feedback.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 06/11/2018:

Thank you for rating your first experience at Royal Links 5-stars!

"Royal Links was fun!"

Hobidan's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Great Links course! Thankfully it was not windy as a windy Scottish Links course with these Pot Bunkers would be like playing the actual British Open courses! Had a blast and was paired up with some great people.

Play was fast mid-week, but no refreshment service and Alcohol was suspended until May2018.

Strange Cart damage deposit requirement - must be some history here....

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 05/22/2018:

Thank you for sharing your experience from playing Royal Links, Hobidan! We're glad you enjoyed playing some of the most iconic holes from the British Open with a great group (and without the wind!)

"Burnt up, bad greens, and no Booze."

mdc2's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2018

The course is burnt up, a lot more yellow than green. The pictures online don’t represent The actual conditions. Worst thing about it was no alcohol on the course due to a liquor license issue, and their failure to mention that until we were all paid and checked in.

Response from Royal Links Golf Club on 04/23/2018:

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. Your comments have been shared with our Food & Beverage Management team and please rest assured that these areas of concern will be addressed.

"Interesting"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2018

The design was very interesting, tough bunkers, lots of blind shots, great challenge and fun! Staff was great!

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 04/17/2018:

Thank you for reviewing your visit to Royal Links! We appreciate your compliments of our staff and are happy to hear you enjoyed our legendary replica holes!

"Great Course!"

ajordan1967's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2018

I love this course and play it whenever I’m in Vegas! The greens weren’t in the best condition even though the female employee told me they were in excellent condition when I called the day before. Otherwise it was a great experience as usual.

Larry,

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 04/17/2018:

Thank you for your review Larry! We appreciate you coming back out to play Royal Links again during your last visit to Vegas and appreciate your feedback.

"Bring your A game"

btk's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018

My brother & I are around 5 handicaps & enjoyed

The course immensely!!

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 04/17/2018:

We're glad you 5-handicappers enjoyed a 5-star experience at Royal Links, btk! Thank you for coming out to play Royal Links, we hope we'll see you again next time you're in the area!

"Not worth the $$"

Jamo007's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018

Course in pour condition need lots of help to get it to par with other course in vegas por same price. Staff excellent.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 04/17/2018:

Thank you for your compliments of our staff and feedback on your experience, Jamo007.

"AVOID THIS COURSE"

investor8007's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Course condition is awful and way over priced for what you get. I have played over 20 courses in the Vegas area and this one would be at the bottom of my list. The nicest thing about it is the clubhouse... I hope the new ownership can get things together because this was a terrible experience. I will note that the staff we interacted with was top notch.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 04/10/2018:

Hi investor8007, we appreciate your compliments of our staff and the facilities. Thank you for coming out to Royal Links during your recent visit and review of your round as we strive to make improvements to all areas of our golfers' experiences.

"Work outing"

sregan88's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2018

Overall disappointing experience. Price is way out of line for the value. Advertised like a full experience but no alcohol on course and overall shape was bad. Wouldn’t go back we were shocked. Suggest reducing price by half, make it full service.

Michelle4442335's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2018

Golfed on my way out of town. Staff provided a safe place to stow my suitcase and Golf Travel Bag while I squeezed in a round before an evening flight home. Course was full of pot bunkers but map allowed you to avoid most....conditions were great. Played by myself and managed to complete a round in under three hours....on a Saturday.

"Challenging Golf"

kedwards457's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2018

Authentic golf course. Tough to play in the wind or out of the bunkers.

"Unique"

Bondjb's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2018

Played with my son and two friends. Second time playing. If you are looking for something completely different and a good representation of some great British Open holes this is for you. A lot of great alternatives to this course if you are looking for standard golf track - but if you already have those booked this is a fun way to mix things up. Staff are very friendly, greens were good and overall good experience. Hard to rate course conditions as you don’t know what is brown because they wanted it to be or not.....lol. Only bummer was no booze or cart person. Club still waiting on liquor license apparently after ownership change.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 04/05/2018:

Thank you for coming back for another round at Royal Links, Bondjb! We appreciate you sharing your last experience with us and kind words about our staff.

"North American links golf"

trab4010's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2018

Having played t the home of golf St Andrews and having played several North American links courses Royal Links is by far the best representative of true links golf. It is a must play when in the vegas area

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 04/05/2018:

Thank you, trab4010! We appreciate you putting us at the top of your list for the links courses you've played around the country and making us a must play in Vegas! We hope your group will join us for another round next time you're in the area!

"Best Golfnow VIP deal in Vegas"

det's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2018

I retired to Vegas a year ago. In addition to playing my home course, I've been trying to play a Golfnow VIP hotdeal once a month at a different higher end course here in Vegas. So far the best experience, and the best "bang for the buck," was my round of golf at Royal Links today. Despite some moderate winds (and a couple of lost balls) I couldn't have planned a better experience. Staff was fantastic (apparently previous reviews on courtesy have been addressed), the course was in great shape, and the business was geared toward a whole golf experience.

While I was using a cart, one of their professional caddies spoke with me on the practice green and gave me some good advice: "swallow your pride and play the correct age and skill level tees." I headed his advice, hit quite a few 4 irons and low flight 3 woods off the tees, and enjoyed playing a "smart round" in a bit of a wind. Greens were tough but fair and well maintained. I relied on the cool yardage book they gave me to keep me out of the worst of the pot bunkers (I did have to hit backwards/sidways into the fairway twice). Overall, I'm a bogey golfer and played that way today. And I had a great time doing so! My thanks to Royal Links for making hotdeals available on GN and can't wait to play again and bring some friends and family.

Pic Attached- I was half expecting to run into Sandy McFiddish ("Kill all the gophers" from Caddyshack) but the statue had to do. The whole Brit golf theme is actually quite well done (especially for Vegas) as is the bar atmosphere.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 04/05/2018:

Let us hopefully be the first to welcome you as a resident of our great city and congratulate you on picking a great way to spend your retirement, det! We're glad you enjoyed a great first experience at Royal Links and hope that you'll come back to play a second round with us soon!

"Fun course"

andyco55's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2018

I very much enjoyed my round at Royal Links. It was very challenging especially with the stiff wind blowing in my face on what seem like a majority of the holes. The Road hole number 10 was brutal 422 yards into the wind. I hit two solid shots but could not reach it 2. The greens are very tightly grained. The pot bunkers pretty much impossible to get out of it if you’re up against a 10 foot face. I would love to play this course again if I could get a reasonable rate.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 04/05/2018:

We're glad you enjoyed your round at Royal Links, Andy! We hope the wind will be in your favor the next time you come to play the course! Keep an eye on https://www.royallinksgolfclub.com/specials/ for specials we are running!

"Worst Experienced Ever"

Haiyen's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/20/2018
First time playing Used cart Verified Purchaser

So horrible,course condition was really bad, bunkers barely with some sand in them WORSE yet we paid $80(residents rates)tourist probably a lot more. It took us over 5hrs to finish the round thanks to a fourTiger Wood wannna be. They tee off at 8:35am, our ttime at 9:25am and we caught up with them on hole number 9(we wasn’t playing that fast either) then got stuck behind them ever since, waited on every holes and they didn’t care( there was no marshal at all, trying to called the club house then get a list of voice messages and nobody picked up the phone???). What a wasted of time and money. DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY, a lot of nice course here in Vegas and a lot cheaper too.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 04/05/2018:

Hi Haiyen, we appreciate your feedback from your visit to Royal Links. While we encourage golfers of all skill levels and playing style to play our course, we're sorry to hear that the pace of play did not live up to your expectations on this particular day.

"Royal Links Vegas"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/16/2018

Excellent course, a must play if your in Vegas. Enjoyed the replica holes and info about the history of each. Greens were fast and true, staff was excellent, not a whole lot not to love.

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 03/19/2018:

Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience! We're glad you enjoyed all of our hallowed holes and created some of your own Claret Jug moments! If you're back in Las Vegas again soon we hope to see you back out on the links!

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/13/2018

Response from #RoyalLinksGolfClub on 03/19/2018:

Hi hotdog13, we appreciate you playing another round at Royal Links. If there is anything we can do to boost your experience to 5-stars, please let us know.