Painted Desert Golf Club
|Middle (W)||72||6269 yards||75.9||131|
|Forward (W)||72||5647 yards||72.2||126|
|Gold M: 72.1/135||390||401||539||188||371||515||327||197||422||3350||391||227||465||556||299||406||148||535||404||3431||6781|
|Black M: 70.7/125 W: 75.2/135||361||373||502||178||345||491||303||168||397||3118||363||191||418||512||277||384||124||505||377||3151||6269|
|Silver M: 67.2/115 W: 72.1/121||330||339||475||138||311||443||276||133||364||2809||333||150||375||466||251||354||100||461||348||2838||5647|
Golf cart path
Beautiful golf course with an eye opening golf cart path
A Must Play
Scenic, well maintained golf course. Somewhat narrow fairways require accuracy. Off the fairway? Use your rock club (inc!uded with M2 rental set). Very nice. Balls ran on fairways often rolling off back of green. Greens lightning fast. Putt well or run well past hole. Staff excellent! Overall great golf in a great setting. Go play.
This was a narrow course
Not good for the slicer....
All holes were LONG!
Had a fun day and we moved along real well.
Bad greens, worse fairways. Way overbooked w horrible players
Greens were super shaggy and bumpy. Fairways were terrible. And pace of play was the worst I’ve ever played in a golf course. I wouldn’t pay $20 to play again. Go elsewhere. Also it was cart path only which WASNT advertised on this site.
Kind working people here.
Some greens rough but it's OK for the value of money .
Convenient location and actually fine course.
course is worth the money
I haven't played Painted Desert in a while, so I didn't know what to expect. It was in pretty reasonable shape, especially considering how many other courses here in Las Vegas are in poor shape from the recent weather. Yes, the green are a bit shaggy, but they still roll true and at a decent speed.
I highly recommend Painted Desert.
Showing its age, but still a very nice layout
I played it after a long absence. Some of the course infrastructure suffers from non-maintenance (sand trap rakes, cart paths, tee boxes, etc.), but the grass on the fairways and greens are as good as I remember them being back when it was fairly new 25 years ago. The layout is very good, and it is a good test of your golfing ability. (And mine came up lacking on most holes.) Take advantage of low rates during the hot summer, and you may be able to get a quick round in because the course won't be crowded. There are a lot of golf course options out there, and I mostly play elsewhere. But, I may make a return trip to PD this summer, because it was fun to be there again.
Although it has been pretty hot in Las Vegas the course is in good shape . With the greens being a little fuzzy.
Price is right
Friendly and professional staff. Cart associates were very attendant and helpful. Ran a flat tire. Another cart out in 10 minutes. Like the course layout. Greens needed work. Golfers need to fix their divots. Scenery is beautiful. Most of the resident's have patio door access to course. Nice to do morning and afternoon walks. Definitely taking my buddy's out here to golf.
Had a nice time greens were sponchi but overall was a good experience will be back:::
All aspects of the course were in good condition. A windy day added to the challenge. The staff was friendly and welcoming. I will play this course again and recommend this course to others.
Good value, greens were slow which was favorable for throwing darts. Had to putt the ball firm and at the hole most greens which can take a few holes to adjust to. Other than that, I thought the round was quick and easy.
The good, the bad, and the ugly
This is my second round of golf since moving to Vegas. There were a few things I really liked about this course and things I really disliked. Unfortunately, the dislikes outweighed the likes. I'll start off with the ugly and work my way to the positives.
First hole I put all my stuff ie phone, wallet, keys in the drivers side compartment of the cart like I normally do. However, I failed to notice that there was no ledge (there were screws there so evidently it broke off at some point) to prevent your items from flying out when you start the cart. So of course on the first hole, everything goes flying out of the cart, including my phone. Of course it was a new phone and the face cracked. Bad way to start things off.
After the round and went in and explained to the guy in the shop what happened and I wasnt angry per se, but that I just wanted them to know about the issue so it didnt happen to the next person. Hopefully they fix the cart. I'll just leave it at that.
1. I read reviews before coming here that the driving range is mat only. So I knew ahead of time I wasnt going to hit balls on the range on a potential hard mat as it has taken my well over a decade to get my shoulder back to where I can play golf.
2. No course layout on card, no GPS. Even the signs on each hole didnt have the hole layout. There are yardage markers on the fairway and cart path. So that kinda sucked especially on #14 when I thought there was land between the Willow Tree and the lake. Found out the hard way there wasnt.
3. Every single hole has OB, and the homes on some holes felt like they were right up on top of you. Furthermore, I played from the tips and at 6700 yards, there is zero reason to ever bring out your driver on this course. Of course that didnt sink in until the back 9. So if you want a lot of practice with your long irons off the tee, I'd recommend this course. I had 9 penalty strokes and shot an 87 because I sprayed my driver too much early on. So that wasnt a lot of fun. Not only because I lost a few balls, but I was more concerned about knocking out somebody's window as on #11, I hit one DEEP into the neighborhood. Who knows where that ended up. So yeah I probably wont play here again anytime soon (until I get back to playing decent golf after taking a year off) just out of fear of breaking someones window either on their home or their car and I'd be stuck with the tab.
4. The layout is boring. It's like a driving range every hole is straight ahead. Very repetitive.
5. I think #11 is a poorly designed hole. At 227, it was playing more like 245 when I played it due to the wind. So I had to choke down on a driver and tried to hit some low punch shot into the green as I dont carry a 245 yard club. Well, instead what happened is I hit a foul ball out of the park and about 200 yards deep into the neighborhood. The hole could play to as much as 260 yards if they move the tees back and the wind is in your face.
6. Prepare for clubs to get beat up as right off the thin strip of rough is dirt and rocks. But I guess I need to get used to that in Vegas.
1. Greens were running smooth and fairly quick. Always got a good lie in the fairway. The rough was up which I liked, although there were some patchy areas but it's the rough so whatever. Tee boxes were in great shape. And there appeared to be sand in the bunkers!
2. Some holes make you feel like a pro. It's unfortunate that golf ball/club technology has done to the game of golf. I was slightly downwind for my drive on #17, which is a 535 yard par 5. Since this fairway was really wide open, I brought back out the driver and proceeded to knock it to within 190 yards of the hole, then proceeded to hit a beautiful draw working with the wind 6 iron within 15 feet of the hole and nail the eagle putt which made my day of course. So if you are hitting your driver straight, you can turn this course into a chip and putt fest, wind dependent. But of course that is a big if and like I said before, I'd recommend keeping the driver in the bag for the most part.
3. I saved the best for last. I got to go out earlier than my scheduled tee time by 1/2 an hour and I didnt see a single person my entire round. I did not hurry at all and finished my 18 holes in under 2 1/2 hours playing by myself. Now THAT is how fast a round of golf should be played. I could have easily played in 2 hours if I had played faster (and not hit so many balls OB).
4. There is no escape from the wind. Personally, I like playing when it's windy as it really makes me think about club selection and trying to hit different shots. Today, the wind was between 10-15 mph with some higher gusts, so that added a fun element.
Overall, though, I dont see myself coming back here anytime soon. Having just started back up playing again after a year off, I'm highly erratic and sometimes have no idea where the ball is going so that is not a good mix with all these homes so close to the course. As I get back into the swing of things, I might come back here to work on my long iron game and to get an ego boost as I think someone that is playing to a 5 handicap could really go low on this track like sub par fairly easily.
The reason for my 2 star rating is that there is a mat only driving range, the somewhat boring layout, the poorly designed #11, no GPS/course layout, and the fact there is OB on every hole really outweighs the fact I played a quick round of golf and the conditions were good.
Among the best
A great course to test anyone. Beautiful vistas, nicer than TPC Las Vegas, which we played the day before, although conditions at TPC were impeccible. Super friendly staff. Ready to play again!
Good course staff needs work.
Arrived and was rushed out ahead of time, the guy that moved my bag over to another cart forgot my $300.00 JBL speaker. Of course it wasn’t turned in. Paid $100 for the round found out residents only pay $40. It’s worth a play if you can get it for under $100.00. Pay attention to your stuff. The inside guys once they found out I was from Canada didn’t even offer to send the speaker if it was found. Didn’t ask for any info or apologize for the cart guy that forgot to move it.