Las Vegas National Golf Course

4.0190941176 4.0 stars from 5 (558)

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

championship 71 6815 yards 72.1 130
middle 71 6418 yards 70.2 121
other 71 5741 yards 72.9 127
forward 71 5741 yards 69.5 103

A traditional golf course in the land of faux waterfalls, shooting fountains and mountains, Las Vegas National Golf Club is actually part site of Tiger Woods' first win on the PGA Tour.

Las Vegas National was part of the rotation of the Las Vegas Invitational when Woods broke onto the Tour in 1996. Tiger actually won the Las Vegas Invitational (then a 90-hole, multi-course event) with a final round 64 on the private TPC at Summerlin track, erasing David Love III's four-stroke lead.

Average hackers will find a course with plenty of trees in the desert and five inventive par 3s that give National much of its character. This isn't desert golf. It's old school golf with palm trees and sand.

It is also very close to the Strip, just a few turns and about a 10-minute drive away. The area's built up around it with fast-food shops, but the Rat Pack era style remains alive within Las Vegas National's grounds.

"As you pull into the lot at Las Vegas National, the sense of the sixties is evident in the rectangular pastel colored stucco clubhouse that might have seemed modernistic back then, but now is a charming reminder of an architecturally dated style," TravelGolf.com writer Doug Saunders said.

Location is convenient to the city near the airport near local attractions   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks 19th hole specials brunch

"Nice Greens and Course Condition"

CarnesBob's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/17/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

This was the last of 5 rounds at different courses around Las Vegas and from tees to greens the course was in great shape. The overall condition was in the top 2. Hope to play it again when we visit in October.

gfooor's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Las Vegas National on 07/16/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review of Las Vegas National. Please come back and visit us soon.

"Good Value"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2018

Enjoyed playing this course. Used the golfboard to get around and had a blast. Recommend for people with good sense of balance or have used a snowboard before.

Most of the golf course is in good condition but their are patches that need better maintenance. Greens were slower than I was used to. Makes it much easier to putt on. Takes awhile to get used to it.

Good value based on price and location near the strip. Go early gets very very hot later in the day.

Response from Las Vegas National on 07/16/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review of Las Vegas National. Glad to hear you enjoyed the course. Please come back and visit us soon.

"This course reminds one of Eastern golf courses."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The real challenge is stopping the ball near the pin when the pin is guarded by bunkers-and they all are guarded by a bunker moving downhill.

"Excellent track"

Quinnmcguire's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2018

Great layout and condition. Staff was super friendly and attentive.

2 wishes: 1) clean up the creek that runs through it. 2) keep the bar opened later. We were done by 6:30 in the summer and it’s long closed.

Response from Las Vegas National on 07/12/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review of Las Vegas National! Glad to hear the staff was friendly. Please come back and visit us soon.

Ron8111449's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2018

Response from Las Vegas National on 07/09/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review of Las Vegas National. Please come back and visit us soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2018

Response from Las Vegas National on 07/05/2018:

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/27/2018

Response from Las Vegas National on 07/05/2018:

"Las Vegas National"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/27/2018

It was a great course fareways and greens were in fantastic shape all the facts on each hole were a great touch too. I would defiantly come play it again. Staff was also great.

Response from Las Vegas National on 06/29/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review of Las Vegas National. Glad to hear the staff was friendly and you had a great time. Please come back and visit us soon.

"X-ray"

John8278428's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2018

Course play well, aeration was done about a week before but greens stilled rolled smoothly a fast. Overall good round would play again.

Response from Las Vegas National on 06/28/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review of Las Vegas National. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us here.

"Las Vegas National"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I have played the National a couple of times now and am always happy with it. Especially for the price I find it to be a good course compared to many that are more expensive. They also always have attentive staff from bag drop, starters, pro-shop and snack bar.

The course is a good layout and has some very scoraeble holes as well as some that are quite challenging. I would recommend to try it out for sure, plus it is only a couple minutes from the strip so it is easy to get there and back quickly.

Response from Las Vegas National on 06/25/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review of Las Vegas National. Glad to hear you enjoyed the course. Please come back and visit us soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/19/2018

Response from Las Vegas National on 06/25/2018:

"Good value"

gregiam54's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018

Nice course, reasonable fees, friendly staff. Good value as they provide extra water and a small bucket of balls for the fee. Greens aren’t in good condition at this time as they’ve been aerated and sanded.

Response from Las Vegas National on 06/21/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review of Las Vegas National. Glad to hear you enjoyed the staff. Please come back and visit us soon.

u659206425's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018

Pace of play was good. Staff was friendly but the greens were terrible. Maybe they were re-seeding.

"Incomplete"

golfinaweek's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2018

Was enjoying the history and the course for the first 6 holes, which took one hour, then the pace came to a complete stand still. The next 6 holes took 2 hours. I had a appointment to meet some friends, so I had to tell my playing partners that I had to go and hoped they get home before night fall. I started at 12:30pm. Wished that I could of finished. I would play again, just to finish the back nine and to really enjoy the course.

Response from Las Vegas National on 06/18/2018:

Thank you for playing Las Vegas National. Glad to hear you enjoyed the course and the history. Please come back and visit us again soon.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Great course. Well-designed and maintained, fun, and challenging. AWFUL neighbors who enjoy yelling offensive slurs at you while you're playing. I experienced this from not one, not two, but THREE separate houses whose backyards abut the course. I understand this isn't a problem that course management can do anything to change. However, when I mentioned it to the gentleman to whom I returned my cart he said, I kid you not, "Hey, there's all kinds of people in the world." I found this pretty dismissive and insensitive. A simple "I'm sorry that happened," or something of that nature would have gone a LONG way. Two stars instead of one because the course itself is great and Donna at the clubhouse is an absolute gem of a bartender who I'm sad I likely won't have the pleasure of being served by again.

Response from Las Vegas National on 06/18/2018:

We are very sorry to hear about the experience you had while you were here. We expect our residents to act welcoming. Since that was not the case we would like to apologize on their behalf.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

I have nothing bad to say about the course itself. Well-designed, well-maintained, challenging, and fun. Why the low review? Unfortunately this course has some AWFUL neighbors. While playing I was subjected to offensive slurs being yelled at me by groups of people from the back yards of THREE different houses adjacent to the course. Once is probably inevitable, twice is an unfortunate coincidence, but three times is a pattern. I realize there's nothing the course management can do about this kind of problem, though the impossibility of fixing it makes me unlikely to return. However, when I mentioned these incidents to the gentleman to whom I returned my cart at the end of the round his response was, I kid you not, "Hey, there's all kinds of people in the world," which struck me as pretty dismissive and insensitive. A simple "I'm sorry that happened" or something like that would have gone a LONG way, whereas that just made me feel worse. The second star is for Donna at the clubhouse, who was incredibly sweet, accommodating, and fun to talk to; I'm sad I won't have the opportunity to be served by her again.

gfooor's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Las Vegas National on 06/11/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions at Las Vegas National. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

"classic old course"

hdundee's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

old style grass course, par 4, 5,, and 3s are all very long, tee boxes good, fairways good, green good, bunkers bad, sand needs to dug up and re raked, its very packed down, course has lots of history and is worth playing, if you don't drive well you will have long 2nd shots all day,

Response from Las Vegas National on 06/11/2018:

Thank you for the 4-Star review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your challenging round today. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

"Great history and course!"

myoyster's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2018

Lots of history about this course.

We met another golfer and had a great time.

It was the "new" guys first time in Las Vegas!

We got to share some cool stuff about the course and had a great round. A few slower groups in front of us made the round a little longer.

Good weather and not much wind.

Response from Las Vegas National on 06/11/2018:

Thank you for the 4-Star review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your historic round of golf at Las Vegas National. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.