Looking back from the 10th green at Palm Valley Course at Golf Summerlin
2.6

Palm Valley Golf Course at Golf Summerlin

Year Built 1989
Architect Greg Nash (1989) Billy Casper (1989)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Philly Advisor

comfortable

Nice residential course in average conditions. Understand the routing around houses but felt a little like "didn't I just play this hole" in a couple spots.

Like playing on a pool table

This garbage of allowing the whole course to go dormant is a joke , they paint the grass green on the fairways the only problem is that there is NO GRASS , it used to be a great course now it’s a dump , you get what you pay for no water no grass

Stay away

They wreck the course , no water no grass , a disgrace

Overseed Or Lose Business - NOT KIDDING!!!

Makes no sense you don't oversee this course - no matter what you say, you're charging healthy green fees for a course that has no grass. And this is NOT "dormant Bermuda". I've lived in other places that have dormant Bermuda and you can still get grass under your ball, it's just brown in that case. Not so with your course. It's the best layout of the three in Sun City and I know a lot of people who will never play here again in the winter (which let's face it, growing season for Bermuda is only 6 months even in Vegas, so that leaves another 6 where it's unplayable). I was planning to buy a membership but will look elsewhere. The course is UNPLAYABLE, like hitting off of a sidewalk, and there is NO GRASS around the greens, so you can't score there either. STAY AWAY!!!

Nice track

Really enjoyed the scenic par 4’s rolling into the mountains. Solid layout with very slick greens that have some difficulty.

Commented on 02/22/2020

I think this "review" was written by the course. There is no grass there, not "dormant Bermuda" - stay away and make it clear to them that their business will suffer. It's not a golf course, more like a sidewalk,

Commented on 02/18/2020

Thank you for the 5 star review! We're glad you enjoyed the layout and the view!

avoid at all costs

Played with my golf group(4) out of San Diego, ranging handicap from a 3 to a 9. Pictures online and on their website made it look amazing with a great layout. When we showed up the starter told us they did not overseed this year and they laid sod down that was now dormant. This track has 0 green left on it, everything is dead and or dormant which has its advantages and disadvantages. We were consistenly hitting into the group ahead of us because of the rollout from the dry conditions. 2 of us hit a 380 yard drive on the first par 5 and we were just stunned. Rock hard conditions meant we couldn't spin the ball under 100yards because hitting down on the ball was risking injury to our wrists, hands and clubs. Had to get creative with running the ball up to the green. Just avoid at all costs until the grass comes back. The course has potential as most of the houses don't come into play, it was a shame that the course didn't have a lick of green grass anywhere.

Commented on 02/18/2020

Hello Steve,

We do appreciate that you came out to play and apologize if it was a surprise to you that the course was not overseeded this year. We do understand the challenge a dry desert course can be in the wintertime and are very sorry if this negatively impacted your round. We do hope you come back again when the course is not dormant.

Palm Valley

Nice people working but this course was maintained horribly! Whole course was brown and ground was like hitting off of concrete! Very tough on the clubs! Disappointed for the cost!

Commented on 12/20/2019

Hello,
Thank you for providing us with this feedback. Out of our three Golf Summerlin courses, this is the only one that we do not overseed for the winter, so its not that the course is maintained horribly, the grass is just dormant. Being a desert course in cold weather, the ground does tend to get firm during the winter months. We do apologize if you did not enjoy your round here due to these circumstances and we do hope you try one of our other courses if you would like to play again this winter.

Unplayable

The course was dormant and not over seeded. This was not indicated in the listing. Definitely not worth the money that I paid.

The layout is nice and the course probably is great to play when there is actually grass to keep your ball on the course. If you miss the green it’s an impossible up and down with no grass. and basically hitting off of hard pan. Many shots that hit the green would spin back and then roll 10-20 yards off of the green. There are many elevated greens that have many false fronts, with no fringe to hold the ball.

They must have had lots of complaints, because the starter suggested chipping with an 8 iron and bump and running it onto the green. When you’ve got an elevated green or bunkers etc to negotiate that just isn’t a feasible way to navigate the course.

Commented on 11/21/2019

Thank you for coming and playing and we appreciate the feedback. Of our 3 courses, Palm Valley is the only one we do not over seed. We do understand the challenge this can present to our golfers and we apologize if this meant you not enjoying your round. We do hope you come back and give us another try, even if it is when our grass is not dormant.

Nevada Advisor

The "New" Palm Valley

The bermuda fairways are all in now (9 holes had been closed for awhile), so the Winter appearance is muted and yellow/brown, but definitely playable- and they roll farther than ever! I'm guessing that in the Summer they'll be wonderful- we'll see. Tee boxes were fine, too.
The greens are smooth, fast and soft. Beautiful to putt on, but I ripped back a couple of wedges 20 ft.- and I'm NOT a "high spin" player. I did play my usual "tour" ball because most Vegas greens are very hard and usually you need as much spin as you can get. Maybe not here, at least right now, though.
Around the greens... the one drawback- not good. Super tight (at times bare), yet still soft in places, so the ball always found a cupped lie to settle into and it was very difficult to get good contact when chipping. We all gave up after a few attempts and putted from sometimes 10 feet off of the greens when we missed for better outcomes- think "links course" with bumpy areas to traverse to the green. (Hmmm, maybe we just need to learn to be better chippers?) As a reference, I'm an 11 hdcp and shot my rating from the whites this day in perfect weather.
Palm Valley is still an enjoyable course, moderate in price and attraction, not much elevation change and a little water here and there to break up the monotony. Beautiful mountain views frame the course well when you play to the West. The par-3s can be very demanding after a short first one on #3. From the white tees the last 3 measured 181, 168 and 190 yards each (215, 190 & 230 from the "blues"!), and they are all very well protected and extremely difficult to "get up and down" if you miss your tee shot.
To sum it up, we enjoyed our round. Very friendly staff, too. Decent range- mats only. Putting green was representative of the course speed. Good for everyone to play and stronger players will like the par-3 challenges from the back tees. We'll be back.

Hi Daslinker,
We genuinely appreciate the feedback. We are always trying to improve the course in every way possible so an assessment like this is valuable to us. We are pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your round here and we do look forward to having you back soon.

Commented on 11/21/2019

We appreciate the feedback.

Commented on 11/21/2019

Thank you for the 4 stars!

Commented on 10/29/2019

Thank you for the 5 stars!

Al @ Palm valley

Tyvm to golfnow.com
We enjoyed playing this gem
We are already planning to replay this beauty

Commented on 09/19/2019

Thank you for the kind words. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed playing here, You can also book directly from our website at : http://www.golfsummerlin.com/palm_valley_tt/

Will Come Back !

Enjoyed the course. With back nine shut down, played the front twice, which added to the jam ups. Played alone as I was told the rest of foursome no-showed. Two slow foursomes ahead of me. Played two balls to kill time on first nine. Hooked up with three others on second nine, so it wasnt as bad. A really nice touch was having the American flag on all of the flag sticks honoring 9/11.
Had to remind the group ahead of me to use the flag holders, not the green. Great conditions in the fairways and the greens played true. Pro shop was closed by the time I finished, so no new shirt. Cant wait to play it next time in Vegas.

Commented on 09/19/2019

Thank you for the feedback and we are glad you enjoyed it! All 18 holes are open now! Looking forward to seeing you next time you are in town!

Considering only 9 holes are open at this time due to golf course repairs under way on 9 holes, this was a very good round.

Commented on 07/29/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave some positive feedback and we are happy to hear you enjoyed the round even though we only have the 9 holes open. Hope to see you again soon!

Great Value for th 30 dollar range

This course will get a 5 star rating once the back 9 reopens(I was informed the back 9 will reopen in September). For the 30 dollar range it can't be beat. Greens are nice and the overall course (front 9 only) is in great shape. I am a +3 golfer and did very well here. Mid handicappers will really enjoy the course. I played on Saturday and by noon, I had the place to myself. If I had payed 50 or more the rating would go down because you play the front 9 twice. The clubhouse is fun, feels like a neighborhood bar, with gambling machines at the bar that start at.05 per play. Food was really good(had the club sandwich).

Commented on 06/25/2019

Thank you for coming and playing at Palm Valley. Our course is going through some major improvements this summer so we do appreciate you playing the front 9 twice. We're glad you enjoyed everything and we would love to see you back, especially once the back nine opens up!

tourists stay away!

greens were fantastic. now that the one good thing. has been shared, the rest was horrible.

1). i was charged $84 for what was a $25-35 value at best. i know tourists get taken to the cleaners in Vegas, but i’ve played virtually every course of all levels and this was nothing more than a fleecing. keep in mind this was a “hot deal” and i used a $10 discount to get that rate.
2. it started with my cart. you have to cross busy Dell Webb on your way to #1. My carts brakes were so bad i almost ended up getting hit by a car because i barely got stopped.
3. the fairways, collars and playing grounds were in terrible shape. bare spots, inconsistent grass types and consistency.
4. in the back nine there are a few blind hills that you can’t see until you have knocked your teeth out of your jaw.
5.the water ponds had all kinds of trash i. then. very unsightly.

besides never playing this course again, it was a poor reflection on Dell Webb retirement communities. i would never retire to a place that takes so poor care of their course. play at your own peril.

Commented on 05/22/2019

Thank you very much for coming and playing. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience here at Palm Valley. We are in year one of a major irrigation project here and it is going to take time for everything to be in perfect condition. We do appreciate the feedback and we invite you to play one of our two sister courses Eagle Crest and Highland Falls, the latter having won "Best of Las Vegas" for the last 3 straight years!

Commented on 05/21/2019

Thank you for the feedback!

Sun city golf

Very impressed with the condition of fairways and greens well groomed and fast pace..thx to the starter for getting me out 40 mins earlier than my actual tee time..look forward to coming out to ply PV again and again!

Commented on 05/21/2019

Thank you so much! Always great to hear such positive feedback. We look forward to having you back soon!

Commented on 05/21/2019

Thank you for the feedback!

4.0194823529

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.