Oasis Golf Club - Palmer
Scorecard for The Palmer
Black M: 71.3/134 346 225 424 366 534 367 157 524 179 3122 299 444 550 364 364 391 181 369 384 3346 6468
Blue M: 68.6/118 334 187 408 328 502 356 148 503 165 2931 284 412 475 337 359 350 164 348 362 3091 6022
White M: 67.5/115 322 157 351 308 493 322 138 444 146 2681 263 391 441 323 348 331 145 309 332 2883 5564
Gold M: 64.3/111 W: 69.1/122 279 138 318 279 432 278 116 408 116 2364 240 374 397 285 332 298 133 270 288 2617 4981
Red W: 65.1/110 266 103 230 266 376 230 82 390 108 2051 200 303 324 230 250 273 105 234 256 2175 4226

Year Built 1995
Architect Arnold Palmer (1995) Ed Seay (1995)

Dress code Proper golf attire is required: collared shirts, no denim, soft spikes only.

When we are in Mesquite on vacation, this course is a must on our list. This course is a great test of your skills. It has tee boxes for all levels. However it is not for beginners.
An Arnold Palmer design course is much more vacation golfer friendlier course than a Jack Nicholas course.
In Mesquite, this is a must play. The fairways are gorgeous, the ball sits up, the rough is nothing and the greens are beautiful....balls rolls true.
GO PLAY the Palmer!

Love the layout and elevation change

Play this course every time I’m in Mesquite! My wife I enjoy the course a lot! The people are great and the food is wonderful!!

Longest Day Ever

Tee-off 1PM, back to clubhouse 6:50 pm. Death march pace. Clubhouse closed upon return. No compensation offered by staff.

Poor Pace - Way Overpriced

Pace of play was horrible. Ranger did not nudge group in front of us even though there was more than a full hole gap. We asked if he nudged the group and he responded, "No, why?" Crazy. Falcon Ridge much better value. Rangers there understand pace of play. Reading the other reviews for this course is amazing. Much better value courses in Mesquite. Feel like I was robbed of my money on this course.

Amazing course!!

The Palmer course is a must.play in Mesquite. We played several courses the week we were there and this was my favorite. The 5th hole and 7th hole are worth the price of admission all by themselves. Truly breathtaking course!!

110’ degrees in the shade.

No course for old men. Long and spaced out. A course with full of challenges. Not only was I playing against my friends. I had the course and heat beating me up also. Great fun and I will be back.

Unacceptable pace of play

Sad to see sign on 1st tee referring to "ladies tee" i.e. forward tees only. Pro shop made same assumption when answering questions re the course. These attitudes need updating.
We seemed invisible -starter left after group ahead tees off, never to reappear.
Pace of play ridiculous. Had 5 groups on one par 5. Although we were a twosome and joined up with the pair behind us, we still played one hole twice to reduce waiting.
Course Marshall seen driving around, but didn't seem to do anything as pace never changed.

A great round of golf

Oasis Palmer sucked us in thinking the course had limited challenges. However, after the third hole, the course presented variety, challenge & beauty. We had fun, the staff was solicitous of our needs and the other golfers we encountered were thoughtful and courteous.

Fun time

We were paired with a single. He was a good guy and we had a great time. I really like this course and glad that this app makes it more affordable.

Texas Advisor

fun course

Booked last minute through Golfnow.com for $49. Great deal. Course plays through neighborhoods and canyons almost equally. Canyon shots often had 50-100 foot drops from tee to fairway/green. Holes with houses often had backyards 20 feet from the fairways. COnditions were really good, overseeded areas very green and firm. Lots of picture taking type holes. Slow play, but it was mid-day on Dec 31 so can't complain much. weird - practice areas are across a busy street and open to residents and passers-by. Odd mix of users.

Once I gave up trying to hit driver, I played well. I got paired up with some good folks, one of which gave me a ride back to my hotel. A good course once you get on it.

The Big Heart Break

At check in I felt like the pro shop would rather I not be there. I've encountered that a few times at courses after booking through golfnow. Charged extra for a big bucket for the range, then got to the range and noticed if you wanted balls you just went to a bucket and dug out what you wanted. Golf course had some awesome views, but we waited on every shot after the first hole, for long periods of time. Never saw a Marshall, ever. Over 5 hours to play, just wasn't enjoyable.

California Advisor

The Canyons course - beautiful

We heard about the Canyons course at the Oasis and read good reviews on the web so we decided to play here.
The course is gorgeous and has some fantastic views even though it is built around houses.
My only issue is that they did an "over-seed" which made the course a "Cart path only" day. It makes for a long play when you have to walk.
I would love to go back and play it when you can ride the entire course.

Absolutely beautiful golf course

I absolutely loved this golf course. Arnold did a wonderful job of designing the course - it is both beautiful to look at, while at the same time enjoyable and challenging to play.

Very scenic

Very friendly staff, and the scenery was magnificent.

This course has a bit of everything

Truly a fun course. It was in good condition. The greens were quick but a bit on the rough side in places. The place of play was great until the last 5 holes when it came to a crawl. We only saw the marshal when the pace was good.
Overall a great course.

Bit of a Surprise ??

Well we come down to Mesquite every spring to start the Golf season and have played the Oasis club before but were surprised that there was no mention of the fact that the greens had been "dressed". Oh and no rate reduction either, whereas other courses that have air rated and/or dressed their greens did mention that and did give a slight reduction in greens fees because of that fact. Also, after the round was completed, I was very surprised at the lack of assistance from the staff in cleaning up your clubs, even though you could drive to your car with the cart to off your clubs. Other courses allowed this but the staff assisted in any case and did clean and bag up your clubs. I guess the guys were not concerned with getting a tip from us rich Canadians. lol all in all I enjoy the club and courses very much. :}

Littlefield, Arizona