Palms Golf Course is a championship course that combines desert and traditional golf. Formerly called Peppermill, the course is Mesquite's oldest 18-hole course and offers one of the city's most unique rounds. The course is truly like playing two courses in one. The front nine has a classic design with fairly flat and open fairways that give way to tight, tree-lined driving areas. Save for one hole, water comes into play on every hole on the front nine starting with the second, which is the course's no. 1 handicap. Water can be found along the entire left side of the fairways and you'll also face a pair of bunkers guarding the right side and three more behind the green. The elevated tees on the back nine provide scenic views of the desert terrain covered with sagebrush and tumbleweeds, a dramatically different landscape that the previous nine.

Palms Golf Club

Year Built 1990
Greens Bermuda
Architect William Hull

Golf School Academy No

Single Allowed No

Amazing views

What a great layout. Beautiful views from the plateau tee boxes. Had forgotten what a great course it is.

Torture

We only played the back nine due to frost delays. That took almost 3 hours . There were no marshals . There is no decorum . People were playing in jeans ! The back nine was scenic and the course seemed to be in good shape . The greens were weird . We were told that they were a mixture of poanna and bermuda. It looked and felt that they were almost like artificial turf . There were no ball marks on them . Each hole was “ doubled decked ( two groups waiting on each tee before us! It was pure torture! Stay away unless that’s how you like to play !

Nice course, challenging but fair...you can generally see the trouble. Several interesting risk reward holes. Good value for the area.

First time

Decent, done funny holes on the back nine but fun course to play.

Beautiful views and challenging tee shots over ravines

I really enjoyed the weather and the course. I loved the magnificent desert views and the challenge of hitting over deep ravines. I would love to play here again.

Avoid this course and especially the “twilight” rate

Rushed from a morning course to play this course. The pro shop gentleman simply commented, “You guys are early,” and left it at that. We loaded our cart and headed to the first tee where the starter says, “Do you know what time it is?” We apologized thinking we were running late. He talked down to us and announced, “All tee times are Pacific Standard Time.” We were told that the twilight rate “does not guarantee 18 holes.” We were constantly waiting for the seniors on the course who were more intent on socializing on the course and very inconsiderate of others on the course that we finished 5 minutes after “the course closes” and it was getting dark. We were the very first twilight tee time so should have easily gotten 18 holes in. Round took 4 hours and 35 minutes. No marshall to move players along. Very disappointed!

Good Choice

When on a mini-vacation and trying to decide on courses , I base a lot of decisions on what reviews I can find. I am sure glad I chose this course.
I don't see a whole lot of elevation change back home and this provided some great views and fun shots to try and accomplish. After a very good front nine, the back 9 was a joy to play. While the score was not very good, I would come back to this area in a heartbeat to play not just this course, but maybe try others in the area.

Beautiful views

Very picturesque course. Was in good shape with some maintenance going on. Staff was "bend over backwards" friendly and accommodating. Hey and beer was a dollar! Can't beat that.

Good course and friendly staff

Golf pro was very courteous and (Rus) allowed me to tee of earlier than my tee time. Was a fun course and will go back and recommend to others.

Incredible value

Played in off season and had the course nearly to myself. Love the layout. Greens and fairways good. Staff very helpful. Would Definately return.

Nice Layout

Quite a change from the front 9 to the back 9. The front is wide open and flat but the back has severe elevation changes and punitive hazard areas. Good overall condition and the greens rolled very nicely.

Great location & layout

When you drive to the club house my friends said to turn back & I told them to keep their comments till the end.
That being said,I think that part needs to be taken care of
The front nine was ok but once we made the turn my friends could not believe their eyes as they klicking on their camera. Every since hole on the back nine has it's own character & the view is breathtaking.
We finished our round in less than 4hrs

Nice track

Nice course which was good value for the money. Only real negative was it took just over 5 hours. We complained after taking 2 hours and 35 mins to play the front and they sent someone out which helped eventually.

The back 9 is most enjoyable and challenging.

It's a great course for any ability. Certainly there are better manicured courses in the area, but the price is right. You don't have to play big all the time.

Price versus play

Although the course was nice the price did not compare to the golf experience. I was disappointed with the so called sand in the bunkers. It was like grind up gravel. The front and back 9 are are lokenight and day. The back was fun and challenging. If I was passing through I would play again

Great views

The front nine, was pretty easy, and flat. the back nine very challenging, with some great tee boxes, with fantastic views.
The staff was very friendly, and nice.
The only draw back was it took five hours to play, we waited on every tee box.

Don't waste your money at this course

This is the first time I have played this course. Should start by saying, I played two other courses as well during my stay in the area. They were great, and I would recommend any course on the WEST side of the highway. The Oasis course as well as their sister course are terrible. They are just tracks. Interspeced weeds with grass, bare patches, untended sand. On that note, the traps get watered. So much there are gully's in the sane. In the trap. They should put that water on the course, because it was terrible. I would not recommend at all. Play Conestoga, Falcon Ridge, Wolf Creek, Oasis, but not this course of Casa Blanca. Both owned by Mesquite Gaming or at lease recommended. I would also recommend going to St George one day and trying Sunbrook up there. WELL worth the drive. While I was out on the course at the Palms, I said to the guys with me if someone took a dump on this course it would improve it. It would. Worst course in Mesquite.

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.