Primm Valley Golf Club - Lakes Course

The Lakes Course is one of two championship courses designed by Tom Fazio at Primm Valley Golf Club. It was the club's original layout before it was joined by the Desert Course a year later. As its name would imply, the Lakes Course features an intricate system of lakes and rivers weaving through the layout and coming into play on 11 holes. The layout is challenging but playable with elevation changes and strategically placed bunkers that are balanced by large greens and wide, player-friendly fairways. One of the golf course's most memorable holes is the par-5 second. This challenging 530-yard hole plays around a massive lake but with an accurate second shot, it is reachable in two. There is also water the left of the green and a bunker in front.
Primm Valley Golf Club - Lakes Course
Scorecard for Lakes
Black M: 73.1/135 418 530 416 375 366 182 582 464 204 3537 347 538 234 453 354 450 403 178 451 3408 6945
Blue M: 70.5/129 402 508 386 346 337 166 540 430 182 3297 318 509 218 414 317 403 373 157 438 3147 6444
White M: 68.3/122 W: 74.2/136 369 470 371 341 309 153 508 400 171 3092 297 485 190 355 311 379 351 124 424 2916 6008
Green M: 63.1/110 W: 68.7/124 300 408 290 325 260 118 424 329 134 2588 247 413 119 289 262 311 267 96 250 2254 4842

Year Built 1997
Architect Tom Fazio (1997)

Playing Multiple Courses 46

A treat

Greens were fast and true. A favorite course and reasonable thru golf now

Course in good early winter season shape!!

Course seems to be in improved condition from when I played a year ago. There was alot of ground crew noise, and course repair going on then. Played both Desert and Lake 18's. Have played them many times before. Always a pleasure. However I would not play it without golfnow hot deal price, or a local discount. Just to far out of the way. A beautiful layout(a good challenge, as Pro AM senior qualifiing for senior tour is next weekend can attest too). Excellent driving range w as many balls as you care to hit , and very friendly staff!!! THANKS Primm Valley!!

5 1/2 hours - good grief

No marshall. No cart girl. 5somes allowed. 5 1/2 hours is just too long for a round.

BUGS!!!

Played Primm Lakes course on the way home from a Mesquite/Vegas golf outing. The staff was friendly. The layout was good, taking advantage of the elevation changes they have. The conditions were very good for August in the middle of the desert.

The only downside was the number of mosquitoes. They'd buzz in your ear, or fly in your eyes while making a swing. A couple days later, my arms and legs were covered in bites. It was so bad that I quit after 9 holes.

I didn't have any bug repellent in my bag. If you choose to play Primm Valley, make sure you have something to ward off the bugs.

a good play

For the middle of January the course was in great shape. Unfortunately, it was a wet, cool day. Hopefully next time I play this course it is a bit warmer and dryer. If you are in the area check it out.

Fine course in benign conditions

This course can be a wind tunnel and a little dry, but when I played, it was in fine shape. Very tight fairway lies and smooth undulating greens.

Great Day

All good. Weather was great. Greens good Thanks for putting sand in the traps!!!!!

we love golfing at Primm. Lisa is the best.

Thanks for everything Lisa.

Hidden gem

It's our second time playing at the Lakes. We as a family were here back in January this year and played both Desert and Lakes and loved it.

An absolutely great value for the money! You will love the opening hole. Well we all do!

We are coming back again when we visit the sin city.

Andy

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 01/03/2018:
Thank you for playing Primm Valley Golf Club, Andy! We are very happy to hear that you and your family had such a wonderful time here and we look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Well managed

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

They provided bottled water which is helpful since there are no drinking water containers on the course.

Likewise, there did not appear to be any ball washing capability on any of the holes.

The course was in good condition but there may be some ice on the greens even at 11am or later in the day where the sun has not reached yet.

They layout of the course was interesting. We saw a coyote on the first and second holes looking for its lunch.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 01/03/2018:
Thank you for spending a part of your day out here at Primm Valley Golf Club! We're glad to hear that you appreciate the bottled water that is provided. Hopefully you stayed away from the coyote!! Anyways, thank you again for your review and we hope to see you out here again soon!

Michigan Visitors @ Primm

My wife and I played this course during a 6 day Las Vegas visit and it was one of 4 played and was the best of those played and the course condition was excellent in comparison. Thanks for a great day!!

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 01/03/2018:
Thank you for playing Primm Valley Golf Club! We're thrilled to hear that out of all the courses you played during your visit that we were the best. Next time you're in the Las Vegas area we hope to see you out here again.
Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 12/19/2017:
Thank you for the 4 stars!

Nice course, Good value

Friendly, helpful staff. Course was fine, a couple greens had been recently repaired.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 12/19/2017:
Thank you for playing Primm Valley Golf Club, Chris! We appreciate your kind words and we can't wait for you to join us for another round. Be sure to check out the Desert course next time as well.

primm is back

The course is back to the excellent conditions it once was happy to say. The Green were plush carpets with great speed and rolled true. The Fairways were perfect with great contour and good roll. Complete turnaround as far as conditions from when I played in the summer. .Love the course, great design and very challenging,

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 12/19/2017:
Thank you for your kind words, we couldn't agree with you more! We are very proud of how much our course conditions have improved over the last year and we're glad to hear that you agree. Book another tee time with us soon!
Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 12/19/2017:
Thank you for your 5-star rating!
Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 12/19/2017:
Thanks for the 5 stars!

Wow what a great valye

The Links course was immaculate the fairways and greens pristine the value of the course for the money was outstanding it is the best course I have played in several months based on the quality of the fairways and greens and a supply.

I would recommend this golf course, and I have to several friends this past weekend, to play this course every time they come to Las Vegas it is a great value and the conditions of the course were immaculate

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 12/19/2017:
Wow! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave this great review. We have put a lot of work into our golf courses this year and we're thrilled to hear that it's not going unnoticed. Thanks again for playing Primm Valley Golf Club. Come back again soon!

lakes course worth the time

Primm has two courses- the lakes and the desert. The lakes course in the premier course and in much better condition than the desert, The fairways are lush and the greens are in good condition.

Be aware that Primm gets windy and it you have a little breeze in las Vegas you may have twenty mile per hour garbage at primm,

The tenth hole was not marked well and it took a bit to find it. There is no marshall so if you get stuck behind a slow group - not much you can do.

Overall the course is worth the drive- about 30 minutes from Vegas.

The kitchen closes early and the 19th hole shut down at 330 which seemed a bit early

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 12/19/2017:
Thank you for your kind words and feedback, James. We do actively monitor the pace of play from the clubhouse via GPS. When a group falls behind, we dispatch staff members from the clubhouse to address slow groups individually. While the marshal is not on the course full time, we assure you that we are constantly monitoring and addressing the pace of play to make sure your experience is enjoyable. With that said, thank you again for playing Primm Valley Golf Club and we're glad to hear that we were worth the drive. Come back and see us again soon!

a good play

It was cold and windy on my day of play, but the weather conditions were offset by the course conditions and the friendly staff. If your in the area Play This Course.

Great value

Always enjoy playing this course-friendly staff and course is in great condition

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 12/19/2017:
Thank you! Come back again soon.

Is this the same golf course?

I heard Primm was under new management and conditions have improved. Could not believe my eyes. The Lakes course is immaculate. Way better than any course in town. Guy in the shop said they will be raising the rates soon and I can see why. I will be back very soon. Drive is only 30 minutes to save $$$$. Great deal.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 12/15/2017:
Thank you for taking notice of all the great improvements we have made lately! We can't wait for you to join us for another round soon.

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019