Primm Valley Golf Club - Lakes Course

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

The Lakes Course is one of two championship courses designed by Tom Fazio at Primm Valley Golf Club. It was the club's original layout before it was joined by the Desert Course a year later. As its name would imply, the Lakes Course features an intricate system of lakes and rivers weaving through the layout and coming into play on 11 holes. The layout is challenging but playable with elevation changes and strategically placed bunkers that are balanced by large greens and wide, player-friendly fairways. One of the golf course's most memorable holes is the par-5 second. This challenging 530-yard hole plays around a massive lake but with an accurate second shot, it is reachable in two. There is also water the left of the green and a bunker in front.

Location is worth the drive at a resort near local attractions   Great for locals playing multiple courses a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"a good play"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/08/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

For the middle of January the course was in great shape. Unfortunately, it was a wet, cool day. Hopefully next time I play this course it is a bit warmer and dryer. If you are in the area check it out.

"Fine course in benign conditions"

azgolfguy's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/07/2018

This course can be a wind tunnel and a little dry, but when I played, it was in fine shape. Very tight fairway lies and smooth undulating greens.

"Great Day"

ruesenberg's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/07/2018

All good. Weather was great. Greens good Thanks for putting sand in the traps!!!!!

we love golfing at Primm. Lisa is the best.

Thanks for everything Lisa.

"Hidden gem"

andykim809's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/23/2017

It's our second time playing at the Lakes. We as a family were here back in January this year and played both Desert and Lakes and loved it.

An absolutely great value for the money! You will love the opening hole. Well we all do!

We are coming back again when we visit the sin city.

Andy

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 01/03/2018:

Thank you for playing Primm Valley Golf Club, Andy! We are very happy to hear that you and your family had such a wonderful time here and we look forward to seeing you all again soon.

"Well managed"

cirah's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/15/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

They provided bottled water which is helpful since there are no drinking water containers on the course.

Likewise, there did not appear to be any ball washing capability on any of the holes.

The course was in good condition but there may be some ice on the greens even at 11am or later in the day where the sun has not reached yet.

They layout of the course was interesting. We saw a coyote on the first and second holes looking for its lunch.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 01/03/2018:

Thank you for spending a part of your day out here at Primm Valley Golf Club! We're glad to hear that you appreciate the bottled water that is provided. Hopefully you stayed away from the coyote!! Anyways, thank you again for your review and we hope to see you out here again soon!

"Michigan Visitors @ Primm"

CarnesBob's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/15/2017

My wife and I played this course during a 6 day Las Vegas visit and it was one of 4 played and was the best of those played and the course condition was excellent in comparison. Thanks for a great day!!

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 01/03/2018:

Thank you for playing Primm Valley Golf Club! We're thrilled to hear that out of all the courses you played during your visit that we were the best. Next time you're in the Las Vegas area we hope to see you out here again.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/12/2017

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 12/19/2017:

Thank you for the 4 stars!

"Nice course, Good value"

ChrisLarson's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/11/2017

Friendly, helpful staff. Course was fine, a couple greens had been recently repaired.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 12/19/2017:

Thank you for playing Primm Valley Golf Club, Chris! We appreciate your kind words and we can't wait for you to join us for another round. Be sure to check out the Desert course next time as well.

"primm is back"

hdundee's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/09/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

The course is back to the excellent conditions it once was happy to say. The Green were plush carpets with great speed and rolled true. The Fairways were perfect with great contour and good roll. Complete turnaround as far as conditions from when I played in the summer. .Love the course, great design and very challenging,

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 12/19/2017:

Thank you for your kind words, we couldn't agree with you more! We are very proud of how much our course conditions have improved over the last year and we're glad to hear that you agree. Book another tee time with us soon!

Golfmanianut's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/09/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 12/19/2017:

Thank you for your 5-star rating!

golfinggpa's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/07/2017

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 12/19/2017:

Thanks for the 5 stars!

"Wow what a great valye"

golfinggpa's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/07/2017

The Links course was immaculate the fairways and greens pristine the value of the course for the money was outstanding it is the best course I have played in several months based on the quality of the fairways and greens and a supply.

I would recommend this golf course, and I have to several friends this past weekend, to play this course every time they come to Las Vegas it is a great value and the conditions of the course were immaculate

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 12/19/2017:

Wow! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave this great review. We have put a lot of work into our golf courses this year and we're thrilled to hear that it's not going unnoticed. Thanks again for playing Primm Valley Golf Club. Come back again soon!

"lakes course worth the time"

jamesporr's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/07/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Primm has two courses- the lakes and the desert. The lakes course in the premier course and in much better condition than the desert, The fairways are lush and the greens are in good condition.

Be aware that Primm gets windy and it you have a little breeze in las Vegas you may have twenty mile per hour garbage at primm,

The tenth hole was not marked well and it took a bit to find it. There is no marshall so if you get stuck behind a slow group - not much you can do.

Overall the course is worth the drive- about 30 minutes from Vegas.

The kitchen closes early and the 19th hole shut down at 330 which seemed a bit early

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 12/19/2017:

Thank you for your kind words and feedback, James. We do actively monitor the pace of play from the clubhouse via GPS. When a group falls behind, we dispatch staff members from the clubhouse to address slow groups individually. While the marshal is not on the course full time, we assure you that we are constantly monitoring and addressing the pace of play to make sure your experience is enjoyable. With that said, thank you again for playing Primm Valley Golf Club and we're glad to hear that we were worth the drive. Come back and see us again soon!

"a good play"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/04/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

It was cold and windy on my day of play, but the weather conditions were offset by the course conditions and the friendly staff. If your in the area Play This Course.

"Great value"

casentyler's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/03/2017

Always enjoy playing this course-friendly staff and course is in great condition

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 12/19/2017:

Thank you! Come back again soon.

"Is this the same golf course?"

JDF26's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/12/2017

I heard Primm was under new management and conditions have improved. Could not believe my eyes. The Lakes course is immaculate. Way better than any course in town. Guy in the shop said they will be raising the rates soon and I can see why. I will be back very soon. Drive is only 30 minutes to save $$$$. Great deal.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 12/15/2017:

Thank you for taking notice of all the great improvements we have made lately! We can't wait for you to join us for another round soon.

"Wide open"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/04/2017

Very generous fairways and the greens were receptive. Enjoyed it very much.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 11/16/2017:

Awesome! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Primm Valley Golf Club. Come back and tee it up with us again soon.

"A must play"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/30/2017

This was my second time playing this course. The course was, once again, in great condition. Fairways were well groomed and the greens were smooth, fast and true. If you are traveling anywhere near southern Nevada, play this course.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 11/02/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to write this great 4-star review! We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed our improving course conditions and we appreciate you recommending Primm to other golfers.

"Best public course and value in Vegas"

Golfmanianut's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/28/2017

As a local, I've played every single course in Vegas ad nauseum. Most other courses in town are very similar desert layouts and lined with homes. It does get old which is why I've found Primm to be one of the best public options and by far the best value.

The course is beautifully tree lined and you don't feel like you're playing in the desert like most other courses in town. There are beautiful views of the mountains and no homes like many other courses in town which I hate. Challenging but fair layout for all handicaps.

There was a period in the past I felt the conditions had deteriorated and I didn't want to play it anymore but a recent visit after their overseed showed it's back in fantastic shape and a pleasant surprise.

It is a little more of a drive to the state border but worth it. I usually stop by the Primm outlets for some shopping on the way back. The staff are some of the friendliest and most professional I've encountered in the city. The service feel of a private club. Highly recommend.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 11/02/2017:

Excellent! Thank you for choosing Primm Valley Golf Club. We have recently started a large-scale reinvestment into all 36 holes at Primm and appreciate that you noticed. Thanks for sharing some great photos from your round as well. We look forward to your next round with us.

Commented on 11/04/2017

I have one criticism this weekend. Had a 1 pm tee time. Your staff and maintanence crew rushed us off the range at 12:30 to close it. Many of us did not get a chance to warm up. This is not right. Your afternoon customers should have the same privileges as your morning customers and equal access to the range. Staff rushed us off. Group behind us didn’t even get access at all. The maintenance should accommodate your customers and not the other way around.

"Great layout"

smitty2309's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/26/2017

Really liked the course layout, very challenging , but fair. Fairways were quite sparse, although the rough was green and lush. Sand traps were all under repair and had to be played as GUR. Balls plugged in the few sand traps that had new sand in them. The clubhouse and washrooms were a little rundown. A super layout and if course conditions were better, it would be a must play!

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 11/02/2017:

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. We are actively working on the bunker situation and we apologize that you caught us in the middle of the project, but hopeful that you will join us in the future to see the finished product! See you again soon.