Primm Valley Golf Club - Desert Course

Primm Valley Golf Club boasts two championship courses designed by Tom Fazio. On the Desert Course, Fazio fully utilized the rugged landscape and scenic views offered by the mountains in the distance. Like many of his designs, the Desert Course blends seamlessly into the beautiful surroundings. It is a straightforward layout with no hidden tricks but there are several strategically placed bunkers lurking beside the undulating greens to provide some challenges. The golf course also requires a few tricky forced carries. The fairways are generous and offer some room for error, making the course more appealing to beginners. In addition to the two golf courses, Primm Valley also offers extensive practice facilities that include a double-ended driving range, target greens, practice putting greens, and chipping and pitching greens with sand bunkers.
Primm Valley Golf Club - Desert Course
Scorecard for Desert
Black M: 74.0/137 433 435 352 188 372 389 530 565 222 3486 473 216 455 575 397 196 431 385 517 3645 7131
Blue M: 71.5/131 407 414 324 160 345 336 506 545 181 3218 432 185 409 520 368 170 406 340 492 3322 6540
White M: 69.4/125 W: 76.2/137 372 385 313 150 330 314 487 506 158 3015 395 161 383 492 329 150 377 320 463 3070 6085
Green M: 66.3/115 W: 72.6/129 340 321 272 129 306 294 409 422 127 2620 363 143 353 463 291 128 336 284 416 2777 5397

Year Built 1998
Architect Tom Fazio (1998) Beau Welling (1998)

Good value course

Booked on a hot deal. Course layout was nice. In the middle of the desert. Fairways and rough were nice and green. The only issue I had with the course is the greens were a little slow and bumpy but not that bad.

Lovely layout

Good staff, easy pace of play, could use some ball washing machines and benches.

Good but inconsistent

Fairways were a bit long and some greenside areas did not give a clean lie. The weather was excellent and the staff were friendly. Shotgun was finishing up around my start, so the pace was really good after six holes. I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get to practice before start because the sprinklers were on. I had better course conditions when I paid half the price for this course, so this course is either a hit or a miss. Overall, I still like this course.

A lot of wind

We were unlucky as there was so much wind.

The course lay out is so different and it certainly has its diddiculties.

Did enjoy my day and my game.

Pace of play.

Too many golfers think they are professional.

Groups of 4 men taking ten minutes to putt out.

It’s ridiculous. It took 3 hrs to play nine holes. Courses need to adopt ready play and enforce it. No wAiting on whose farthest out. No editing inown chips and watching it again while everyone waits. Instead of ginishing

Adventure in Wind

We have played this course many times and each round is different. Last year also in mid October the course was not in good shape and showed signs of neglect. This year was totally different. The fairways and greens were in excellent shape and finally the traps had the proper amount of sand in them There was a lot of assorted debris throughout the course that was perhaps related to the gale force wind we played in but also perhaps from neglect in that regard. The greens while excellent needed to have different pin placements as they showed a number of days of spike marks (who is still wearing metal spikes) and unrepaired ball marks. A better location rotation might help here. The staff were as always wonderful especially the ladies who work the food service. They made the day before we started. Thanks for that. We played in a brutal wind on a cloudy cool day that made the golf laughable so we did just that and had an excellent day.

Great day

Course was great staff great and the folks I got teamed up with were just great day.

winter golf

have played this course when I visit the area over the past several years. The greens were of reasonable speed. The fairways appeared not to have recovered very well from fall seeding, many dry areas an low grass on most fairways.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 12/14/2017:
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your most recent round with us. We hope you come back for another tee time soon.

Fun to play, great value

Enjoyed the course even though a windy day. Nice to have gps on the carts. Friendly staff. Two negatives, but not major: need lots more sand in traps, and no ball washers that I could find. Will definitely play again at this bargain price if available next time we're in the area.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 12/14/2017:
Thank you for playing Primm Valley Golf Club! We appreciate your feedback and kind words. We have been putting a lot of work into the bunkers on both courses so hopefully you'll come back to see the finished product soon.

Nice challenging course - greens fast, fairways need water.

Enjoyed a very windy day on the desert course. Great layout, needs some water on the fairways, but overall good value for the money and the people are Great.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 11/30/2017:
Thank you for playing Primm Valley Golf Club! We appreciate your kind words and feedback. Come back and see us again soon.

Good

Primm is a great place to play. Lakes is a terrific golf course and Desert is good. In need a a little investment, bunkers are in neglect and fairways are thin but overall a great value. Don’t pay rack rate, not worth $100

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 11/16/2017:
Thank you for playing Primm Valley Golf Club, Todd! We appreciate your kind words about both courses as well as your feedback regarding the bunkers. We have recently started a large-scale reinvestment into all 36 holes at Primm and we are actively working on the bunker situation. We apologize that you caught us in the middle of the project, but hopeful that you will join us in the future to see the finished product!

Slow play

Took 5 hours and thirty minutes to play. Awful and staff in pro shop not willing to do anything. Have played this course many times and this was the exception. Normally fine at Primm. But this was not good.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 11/16/2017:
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the slow play. We do actively monitor the pace of play from the clubhouse via GPS. When a group falls behind, we dispatch staff members from the clubhouse to address slow groups individually. While the marshal is not on the course full time, we assure you that we are constantly monitoring and addressing the pace of play to make sure your experience is enjoyable. Clearly, we did not meet our own expectations and again, we apologize. Come back and see us again soon.

Primm and proper

both courses at Primm Valley are terrific, Lakes is the better quality overall but Desert is well worth the trip. If you’re golfing in vegas do yourself a favor and make the 30 minute drive to Primm you won’t be disappointed

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 11/17/2017:
Thank you for playing both courses at Primm Valley, Todd. We appreciate you recommending our golf course to others and we look forward to seeing you out here again. Let's hope for 5 stars next time!

Great round!

Much greener than we figured for end of summer-fairways great-greens even better.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 11/02/2017:
We're always excited when we exceed expectations! Thanks for the great review. Book another round with us soon.
Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 11/02/2017:
Thank you for the 4 stars!

Best public course and value in Vegas

As a local, I've played every single course in Vegas ad nauseum. Most other courses in town are very similar desert layouts and lined with homes. It does get old which is why I've found Primm to be one of the best public options and by far the best value. The course is beautifully tree lined and you don't feel like you're playing in the desert like most other courses in town. There are beautiful views of the mountains and no homes like many other courses in town which I hate. Challenging but fair layout for all handicaps. It is a little more of a drive to the state border but worth it. I usually stop by the Primm outlets for some shopping on the way back. The staff are some of the friendliest and most professional I've encountered in the city. The service feel of a private club. Highly recommend.

loved our round of golf. great layout. 4 sets of tee boxes. starter was especially accommodating. I made mistake on our tee time reservation so essentially we were 1 hr late. He found our name on his list, saw we were prepaid through Golf now and was able to send us out anyway. unfortunately, we were behind a foursome and had to wait much of the day. since I made the mistake on our start time, we just had to bite the bullet. all in all a great day.

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 11/01/2017:
Thank you for choosing Primm Valley Golf Club, Sylvia. We're glad that we were still able to get you out for your tee time a little late. We understand it happens. Come back and see us again soon.

Desert course- poor sand traps; good fairways and fast greens

The primm course has twon18 hole courses- the lakes and the desert. The lakes is the signature course and in better shape . Altbof 5he t boxes on the desert corse are a bit uneven : the sand traps need some attention .there is no Marshall so if you get stuck behind a slow group your hosed . But the greens and fairways are in pretty good shape and there are some challenges

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 10/30/2017:
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback from your round with us, James. We are actively working on the bunker situation and are excited to have the bunker renovation on the Desert Course completed by December. We apologize that you caught us in the middle of the project, but hopeful that you will join us in the future to see the finished product!

What Happened to Upkeep

We played this course for the fourth time as part of a Vegas vacation. In the past it has been excellent in every way. This time before going I checked for newer reviews because early September reviews indicated a lack of maintenance, poor turf conditions and sand-less bunkers. The latest review was dated in early October and it was excellent citing successful overseeding results, quality fairways and greens and most importantly newly filled bunkers. Who wrote this I can't imagine. The fairways were spotty and the greens were thin. The bunkers were devoid of sand ( indeed one had a long dead very large bush in it) save for those on 9 and 18. Sadly in the greenside bunkers on nine the sand was just in a pile so large that someone had placed a rake in the top like a flag. There was tree and other landscape debris throughout the course. The pins clearly had not been moved in sometime resulting in ball and spike marks in a 3-4 foot radius around every hole. That said we had fun because of the course design and scenery, the perfect weather and the great clubhouse staff. Too bad about the course. I think Mr. Fazio would not be amused

Response from Primm Valley Golf Club on 11/07/2017:
We appreciate you choosing to play Primm Valley Golf Club every time you come to Vegas for vacation. We are saddened to hear that we didn't exceed your expectations like other golfers that have played here within the last couple months. We have recently started a large-scale reinvestment into all 36 holes at Primm and we are actively working on the bunker situation. We apologize that you caught us in the middle of the project, but hopeful that you will join us in the future to see the finished product!

The good, the bad and the ugly

The good - the girls who were the starters and the welcoming staff at the gate.

The bad - the pace of play ( we actually skipped 6 holes to get ahead of a large group that was, in the end, a full two holes behind) , and the fact that there was no Marshall to correct the situation.

The ugly - the course condition. Sand traps were more like dumps of leftover concrete. The greens were full of patches of no grass, and the fairways were full of divots bordered by long, unkempt grasses resembling farmers crops in fall.

Not worth the trip out of Vegas.

Valid dates: Nov 08, 2018 - Dec 20, 2018