The Country Club of Hilton Head rambles over a variety of terrain, including rolling, open expanses, pine and oak woodlands and freshwater ponds and marshlands. Each hole is distinctive, as a golfer must negotiate water hazards, contoured fairways, pot bunkers and sculpted bunkers, and grass hollows.This facility features constant elevation tees, landing areas and greens, as well as the only punch bowl-shaped green in the area. The Country Club of Hilton Head layout also features 3 doglegs, undulating and tiered greens and two par-5's that stretch more than 575 yards in length. An excellent, fair test of golf for all skill levels.

Country Club of Hilton Head

Year Built 1986
Architect Rees Jones (1986) Keith Evans (1986)

Dress code The dress code for the clubhouse is Country Club Casual. Country Club casual is defined as Slacks, Golfing Attire, Tennis Attire or appropriate Dress Shirt.

Mrs Mary An and Dr. David Zanotta

The starter, Jim, was very nice and made sure we were familiar with the GPS golf cart... Thought we should have been able to use the golf cart on more of the holes especially a par 5 but as the fairway was narrow we had to remain on the cart path but had it been busier it would have slowed the pace of play. At the end there was no food or even snacks available to accompany our drinks.

Posh Club immaculately Kept

Perfect greens. Would love to have played this in reasonable weather. Perhaps next trip.

An excellent value

Staff was very welcoming, introduced my playing partners. 2 members and a guest. From the opening tee shot to the last putt, the course was a pleasure. The sand in the bunkers was consistent and maintained. The greens were excellent. Rolled true and speed the same from green to green. Pace of play was very good. On a busy fall morning played in less than 4 1/2 hrs. Worth a return visit.

I’d join this club

Great course and clubhouse. Nice neighborhood and friendly atafd and members. Close the the island’s best happy hour places.

Very nice course

I only played the nine due to some back problems I've experienced lately, but really I liked the course. Cart area personnel were courteous and helpful,. But the clubhouse desk attendant was abrupt and disrespectful, and there was no starter at the first tee as he had been told me. This posed a big problem after my play, as the starter is supposed to record cart numbers. I inadvertently left my cell phone in the cart when done, and the search for it took almost an hour, since my cart number had not been recorded.

Good course nicely maintained some great views. Plays longer than expected so always take one club more.

Amazing experience

This course has a great layout. Super friendly and helpful staff at every point of contact. By far, the best course conditions in the area. Keep up the great work! Will be back soon!

Nice recreation course. A lot of houses surrounding the course. Nice trees

Value is questionable for price

I like to break my reviews down into segments

LAYOUT:
It's a very challenging layout. There are quite a few holes with hidden water off the fairways and within doglegs. You have to be cautious off the tee. Many doglegs and the greens are well protected. Not any easy course to get up and down from. Many holes are heavily wooded and have well placed bunkers , so driving is key.

Conditions: Over-all conditions were very good. So will nit pick a bit. The fairways are full of grass. A lot. So much so that you can actually have grain facing into your approach shot. And they are soft and spongy so not much roll. Traps have nice sand in them. Greens were fabulous! Best I played on in HH so far. Rolled probably 10.5 to 11. 100% true!

Value. Paid $100. For that money I would expect the course to be a little more pristine than it was. Fairways were not tight. Crab grass in rough creeping into fairways. Not that it affected play because it didn't. Just not what you'd expect from a place called Country Club of Hilton Head. But greens really make up from any of these short comings.

Fantastic!

What a course! It all started when I got to the course. The staff was very helpful and friendly and very accommodating. The practice facility is second to none on the island. The greens are absolutely perfect! Roll true and very fast! This will be on my list to play whenever I get the chance. Great layout.

A definite must play for all golfers

Top notch

One of the top courses I’ve ever played around Hilton Head. It poured down rain right as we went to tee off and then rained off and on throughout the round but the course drained extremely well. Tee boxes, fairways, and the rough were all in excellent shape. Bunkers weren’t bad either for how much rain we had gotten while we were there. The greens were something else. Lightning fast and they rolled so smooth. Maybe the best greens I’ve ever played on. The layout of the course is unique in a good way. A lot of dog legs and the landing areas and greens were fairly well protected by bunkers. Challenging but fair layout and no two holes were really the same. There’s some good views on the back 9. The staff inside and outside were excellent. I’ve been coming to Hilton Head for vacation 15+ years now, playing golf a few times every trip and this is one course we’ll try to play almost every trip now.

Fairways & Greens or else

BEWARE, like all courses w Bermuda rough, you must play from the fairways to have any chance of posting a good score. Most of the hole designs are straight forward, few blind shots off tees. There are some forced carries designed to test your abilities & ego, so play from the tees that best suit your abilities. The fairways were plenty wide enough to work the ball into. The greens were still recovering from aeration (probably late June?) but were fine surfaced, just difficult to read. Teeing areas were not cut low enough, my primary gripe. The practice facility was more than good & the bag of balls was over the top. Play from the proper tees, play from the fairways & you will enjoy the course. Otherwise, you’ll have a tough time making any pars or even bogies. I’d have no reservation recommending the course to anyone up to an 18 Hcp. Staff was busy w a group lesson, starter &/or ranger nearly invisible & beverage cart showed up at regular intervals. I heard the reason for virtually no play was there were other courses nearby w great conditions. For the $60 I paid via Golf Now I couldn’t have been more pleased.

Wow

This course is a great course. It’s semi-private so if you’re able to get a tee time...take it. I’ve been to HHI for 3 golf trips and rank this course in my Top 5 HHI courses. My favorite course for the cost. Greens were beautiful. Perfect condition. Tee boxes were well manicured and the track was tough.

A lot of dog legs and elevated greens. Played longer tee to green than I expected. Very challenging, yet fun to play. This course makes you appreciate a good golf shot. Will definitely play it again!!!

Bluffton, South Carolina

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.