Style Woodland

Jack Nicklaus designed the golf course at the Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run. The 18-hole, public course is touted as having one of the best layouts in the area. The par-72 course offers 7,014 yards of challenging and fun golf. Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run's design emphasizes strategy rather than power. Sand and water hazards add interest to the course. In addition to providing a great game of golf, the course also has picturesque scenery with the many oaks and pines that snake though the course. It has been named one of America's Top 100 Courses priced under $100.

Year Built 1993
Architect Jack Nicklaus (1993) Bruce Borland (1993)

GPS ParView GPS Full Color System on

Dress code Collared shirts are required. Shorts must be Bermuda-length. Tennis shoes are allowed.

Enticing LAyout

This was a challenging yet fair course design. A lot of water along the sides of the fairways, but not too much in the line of play. IT encouraged you to take a few chances.

Commented On 09/17/2019

Wonderful! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Wonderful course!

Played the course for the first time. Due to the heat and the greens being aerated/dressed, the course was not that busy around 12 noon.

The sign in was simple and the pro shop staff was courteous and friendly. The attendant was very helpful in describing the course.

I'm a 20 handicapper so played from the forward tees. That proved to be the correct setup as it was driver / iron to most of the green vicinities.

The course penalizes bad shots and rewards good shots - as any course should. The fairways are tree lined and while not narrow, they do force you to hit a good shot. Put it in the trees and you'll cost yourself at least 1 shot.

I went as a single and did not start to intrude on the twosome ahead of me until the 14th hole where they let me play through and were very kind a lot it.

I can't evaluate the greens as they were being dressed, but they were well set up.

Would I play here again on my next trip to Hilton Head? Yes.

Commented On 09/06/2019

Wonderful! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run.

Still one of my top 5

Course was not in as good a shape as other times I've played but still a nice course. Greens where very receptive which is a nice change from most area courses, fairways looked a little less lush than normal but overall still in good shape. Rough was only issue kind of sparse in areas. All in all I still really like this course nice layout friendly staff.

Commented On 08/19/2019

Outstanding! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented On 08/16/2019

Awesome! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run.

Enjoyed the day

We had an enjoyable day at Golden Bear. Course in great shape. Appreciated water stations on a hot humid day. Definitely recommend and going back.

Commented On 08/21/2019

Excellent! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run!

Commented On 08/13/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Tight course, well maintained

This is a short-ish, tight course where most of the trouble is getting to the green. Greens are not exactly flat but they certainly aren't severe, and they roll true--strike your longer putts well and they will have a chance of falling. This is not the course for grip-it-and-rip-it golfers. I played from the gold tees (132 slope) and only used my driver four or five times--200 yards and straight off the tee will serve you much better than 240 yards off-target. I thought this course offered good value and would return again when seeking a non-premium round on the island.

Commented On 08/13/2019

Outstanding! Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run.

Commented On 08/05/2019

Great! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run.

Great Value, Great Course

What a course.

These reviews are pretty harsh, so I was expecting less walking up to the first tee. The clubhouse, staff, and every hole from #1 exceeded my expectations. Compared to the PGA courses in the area this isn’t up to that quality, BUT it most certainly isn’t a bad course by any means.

If you’re looking to play the PGA courses for over $100 a round then do it. If you’re looking for great greens, great fairways, decent tee boxes, and amazing scenery then book a tee time.

I payed $45 for an afternoon round and $70 for a morning round. Morning round pace of play was slow, but that’s always a possibility on public courses. Still worth the money.

Commented On 08/05/2019

Excellent! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run.

Commented On 08/01/2019

Good course/ slow play

Excellent course layout and conditions but should never take 5+ hours to play

Commented On 08/01/2019

Beautiful Golf Course!

This was a very nicely maintained course! Greens were in fantastic shape. Great round of golf. Highly recommend.

Commented On 07/30/2019

Awesome time!!

LOVE this course! People were great, course was in superb shape. Played in less than 4 hours with zero stress from other groups. HIGHLY recommend Golden Bear.

Commented On 07/26/2019

Outstanding! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run.

Great Day At Golden Bear

Course was in great shape and staff was friendly and accommodating. Golden Bear is not overly challenging, but does require some solid shotmaking! Price was reasonable. Great day!

Commented On 07/24/2019

Hcm

Excellent course and staff. Would love to play here more often if I lived closer

Commented On 07/22/2019

Commented On 07/23/2019

Connecticut Advisor

The Bear is back...

We've been coming the HHI for over 30 years. The GB was dropped from our rotation about five years ago, but w'eve been hearing good things about the course's recovery, so we figured we've give it a shot.

It was a shot well-taken. The course has the teeth it had several years ago! Greens were recently sanded, but they still rolled fast and true. I though the teeboxes and bunkers were well-groomed. Fairways were perfect. The staff was very friendly and courteous to our group.

Overall, I had no complaints, only compliments. The Bear is officially back in our summer vacation rotation!

Commented On 07/17/2019

Great! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We're so glad that you gave us another try and that you've put Golden Bear back in your course rotation.We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run!

You take the good, you take the bad...

To be fair, I booked a $50, 745a tee time on the busiest tourism week of the year on HHI. I shouldn't have had the greatest expectations.

Course overall was in good shape. Green fairways and greens. Tee boxes were a bit shaggy and the bunkers were mostly in rough (concrete like) shape, but a few were nice which made those shots that much more challenging if you were expecting a harder surface of the bunker.

Layout was a bit challenging having not played the course. Some blind water. My suggestion, pull out the fairway metal when in doubt. Overall a good layout.

Experience - well, it fell way short. No bev cart. Grill wasn't open when we got there, so you had zero F&B options. When we checked in at the turn, we entered through a door that allowed you to see into the kitchen. That ended the notion of food at this course.

All in all, if you're looking for value, this place has it - but pack your own cooler folks.

Commented On 07/10/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run. We hope to see you again in the future.

You Get What You Pay For

I booked this course for my son and I because he doesn’t play often and I didn’t want to spend more than we had to. Since we booked this course for $45, I shouldn’t have expected much. However, this was still a disappointing experience. The fairways were fine, but the tee boxes were awful. Greens were very slow and bumpy, but excusable as they had recently been aerated. And with the exception of the starter, who was very personable, staff members were not friendly at all.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Commented On 07/09/2019

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

3.7720529412