Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run

Jack Nicklaus designed the golf course at the Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run. The 18-hole, public course is touted as having one of the best layouts in the area. The par-72 course offers 7,014 yards of challenging and fun golf. Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run's design emphasizes strategy rather than power. Sand and water hazards add interest to the course. In addition to providing a great game of golf, the course also has picturesque scenery with the many oaks and pines that snake though the course. It has been named one of America's Top 100 Courses priced under $100.
Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run
Scorecard for Golden Bear
Black M: 74.5/138 404 551 416 199 373 444 409 183 508 3487 396 446 213 423 179 512 387 434 537 3527 7014
Blue M: 72.6/136 381 534 398 167 347 420 387 163 489 3286 366 430 190 404 163 491 375 418 520 3357 6643
Gold M: 70.5/128 349 507 358 148 327 383 365 146 479 3062 349 414 159 376 135 472 340 385 492 3122 6184
White M: 65.2/110 W: 75.6/127 303 441 316 114 299 371 306 116 415 2681 341 381 132 332 106 403 271 344 446 2756 5437
Green M: 63.1/108 W: 69.2/118 276 407 282 83 257 317 306 70 402 2400 293 352 132 294 106 403 271 307 416 2574 4974

Year Built 1993
Architect Jack Nicklaus (1993)

GPS ParView GPS Full Color System on

Dress code Collared shirts are required. Shorts must be Bermuda-length. Tennis shoes are allowed.

Tricky greens

Love to play this course when on the island. Great condition, plenty of shade on hot sunny days. For me the greens were a little hard to read, but in great condition and rolling smoothly. Staff was very friendly and helpful with getting us off early. Pace of play was very good on front nine but slowed a bit on back nine. Still got around in less than 4 hrs. Highly recommend this course for average to better players.

Great golf course

This was my wife and I fourth time playing the course. Every time it’s a great time. We love this course for the course condition and the price to play. We are high handicappers and there’s never a problem with others rushing us. Thanks for a great time.

Response from Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run on 09/04/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your experience with us. We're glad that our course conditions met your expectations and we look forward to having you both back again soon!

Enjoyable round

We had a solid day here. Course was a pleasant surprise. Was in good shape and pace of play was perfect. We'll be back. One of our favorites of the week.

Response from Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run on 09/12/2018:
Great! We're glad that our course conditions met your expectations and that enjoyed your round with us. We appreciate your review and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Very Nice Course

This is a very nice course and very well kept. One of the best courses we have played. i highly recommend this course!

Response from Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run on 08/23/2018:
Outstanding! We're glad that our course met your expectations and we appreciate your review. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Not your typical HHI course

Enjoyed everything about Golden Bear! The layout was fun - challenging but fair. Course was really well kept. Country club feel to it. Will definitely be back!

Response from Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run on 08/14/2018:
Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We appreciate your review and we can't wait to have you back again soon at Golden Bear!

Sloooowww

The front 9 played about as expected, 2.5 hours of stacked play. There were 2- twosomes in front of us, not sure why they (course) didn't combine to a foursome. Started as a single, caught up to a 3some on third hole. Played painfully slow front 9. 3some only played 9. Grouped with another 3some for 10th hole, they had jumped it and were finishing. Played 11-13 as a single, caught up to 2 twosomes again. Now, on the front nine, rangers were very present, every 3 holes I ran into one. On the back 9, never saw one. The twosome in front of me was ridiculous. I'm writing this in case some of you play this way, when a single catches you before you tee off, it's polite to offer them the choice to join in with you. I was originally supposed to tee off with this twosome, but they went off early. Anyhow, the course should've managed the back nine better in my opinion. One more note, if you are reading and you routinely hit a 100 yard dribbler that you term a "stinger", do everyone on the course a favor, move up a tee box or 3. If you will learn to play from the appropriate tees, everyone will enjoy it more! Especially the guy sitting on the tee box watching you hit the ball 4-5 times before you're out of range!!!

Enough of the PSA, the course is a great place to play. The only Nicklaus design in HH so play it. It's worth the $50 or $60 to play. The starter was EXCELLENT. I'll play here again. One tip, if you bring in your score card after your round, they give you a free beer, I don't drink beer so they gave me a gatorade. It may be a small thing, but it was very courteous.

Response from Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run on 08/14/2018:
Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We're also pleased that you found us to be a good value. We apologize that the pace of play was slow and we appreciate your feedback. We hope to have you back again soon for your next round with us!

Hcm

Excellent course and very friendly staff will definitely come back

Response from Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run on 08/14/2018:
Outstanding! We're glad that our course conditions met your expectations and that our staff left a great impression on you. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!
Hammock Beach
Explore premier golf courses and accommodations, book a tee time, discover new skills at our top-rated golf academies or check out one of our exclusive Florida golf packages. Whether you're visiting Amelia Island, Palm Coast, or the pristine coastal destinations in between, Florida's First Coast is your ultimate golf getaway.

Golden Bear

I played Golden Bear for the first time yesterday, and I really enjoyed it. Course was beautiful from the time you drive up, through the 18th hole. Every hole was different and provided its own challenge. I will play here yearly when my family comes on vacation.

Response from Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run on 08/14/2018:
Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your first experience with us at Golden Bear. We're glad that our course conditions met your expectations and that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next family vacation!

Great course!

Doesn’t beat you up, very enjoyable round. Course was in great condition considering the amount of rain received this past week. Good drainage.

Response from Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run on 08/07/2018:
Terrific! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We appreciate your review and we can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round at Golden Bear!

What A Treat

So glad we snagged the hot and drove out to,this Nicklaus jewel. It’d rained like heck fo the past few days and we played a very playable course. The greens were sort of firm actually.

Jack makes you hit all the shots, and I don’t have them all, but I could finish the hole even when I missed shots. Really fun.

Thanks

Response from Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run on 08/07/2018:
Excellent! We're glad that you enjoyed our course despite the all the rain we've had. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Valid dates: Sep 17, 2018 - Oct 31, 2018