Harbour Town Golf Links at Sea Pines Resort

• (800)-732-7463, (843) 363-8385
  • seapines.com
Write Review

Year built: 1969
Architect(s): Pete Dye (1969), Jack Nicklaus (1969), Alice Dye (1969), Wadsworth Golf Construction (1977)
Type: Resort
Style: Links
Greens: Tif-Eagle Bermuda Grass
Fairways: Celebration Bermuda Grass

Caddies: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Heritage 71 7099 yards 75.6 148
Green (W) 71 5084 yards 69.8 126

The Harbor Town Golf Links is one of three 18-hole courses at the Sea Pines Resort. It is constantly ranked one of the best courses in the area and in the U.S. Pete Dye, with help from Jack Nicklaus, who designed the course and it is touted as one of his finest courses. The par-71 course covers 7,099 yards of flat terrain. Harbor Town's sloping greens are small and covered in Tif Eagle grass.

There are several challenging par 3s but the signature hole of the golf course is a tricky par 4. The infamous 18th hole is 458 yards that require a long tee shot towards the lighthouse. The breeze from the Calibogue Sound is definitely a factor in the difficulty of the hole.

Location is at a resort near local attractions   Great for a bucket list/top 100 pick advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include water hazards narrow fairways bunkers   Great for 19th hole scenic views drinks patio dining

"Top 100"

ThomasGram's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

Pretty cool to play a course that is featured on the pga tour. Excellent design tight varied and hard! This is as challenging as it gets don’t let the lack of overall distance fool you. Lots of bunkers and trees. Top notch Dye design. Forecaddie was very good and fun. Knew the course well and excellent at reading outs which you will need. This course have almost 18 memorable holes not just hole 18 with the lighthouse

TomOg's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018

"Nice course - over rated"

tobeperry's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2018

The course was in great condition. The RBC heritage golf tournament was in two weeks. The setup for the tournament had a lot of stands around the greens, ruining what should have been nice views. Although caddies appear to be required, none were available (or wanted for the additional expense). A nice trek with only two possible water view holes. Narrow fairways and lots of sand. Nice course if money is no object.

rothy824's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2018

Staff was wonderful, course was world class. Pace was a little slow, but not unexpected. Neil, our forecaddy was awesome. Read every putt he was asked to, located almost every errant drive (and there were plenty) and was very personable.

We got to play 2 days before the course was shut down ahead of the RBC Heritage, so it was in immaculate condition - greens were firm but read true.

Paid a premium, but got what we paid for.

"Great Course - Memorable Day - High Cost"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2018

It’s always fun to play a tournament course....but at $290 a player, the cost is a bit steep. None the less, I wanted my son to have the experience. We were extremely lucky - weather looked a bit sketchy but it turned out to be 75 and sunny. As a result, we had the course to ourselves and played in 3.5 hours. Our forecaddie was great. Since we were not staying in a Sea Pines property, we paid full fare for the round. You can do better if you book a package but we only had one day. $175 - $200 a player would get the course more play. Conditions were great. Greens were fast and true. Having the course to ourselves made the round fantastic but if we had to experience the typical 5 hour resort corse round, my review would be a lot less favorable. Bottom line: Would I play again? Sure, but only if the rate was under $200.Any more than that and it’s not really worth it. By the way, it’s much better to walk here than ride in a cart - the course is flat and if you ride, it’s cart path only.

"Grand Experience"

Bigderek's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2018

Great time at Harbour Town, our forecaddie Andy from London was awesome....good company and a great help on the course with where to put the ball and in reading the exceptionally small, immaculate, fast and true greens. Trees come into play on every hole if you are not careful. A real golfing experience.

"The Real Deal"

Shaver21's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2018

We took a group of 16 to Harbour Town on our annual golf trip. The entire experience was first class! When we got there we had lunch in the clubhouse locker room overlooking the course. Food was really good. Practice facilities were great although I must admit first time I’ve ever seen a house within striking distance on a range.The course conditions were perfect 1 month before tournament. Also the stands were up which gave it a cool feel. It is a very tight course good layout with the last 6 holes being very memorable. Last two holes best on the course! My caddie Brock was very knowledgeable and helpful.

"Rushed"

lazyjohna3's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2018

I had a 1:30 tee time, I arrived at 12:50 so I would have time to warm up at the range, and putt on the putting green. I had hit about ten balls on the range when I heard someone calling my name. That’s when I was informed I’d be going off a lil early, and I asked when and the gentleman said “well actually now.” Which was around 1:15, I was informed my group was on the tee. Then I was notified we’d be playing the back first. I immediately left for the tee and the group had already left the tee and we’re in the 10th fairway, so I teed up and joined the group. I normally like to warm up, putt and make a bathroom run before I play, and I hate to be rushed in such a manner. The course was beautiful, Alex the fore caddie was great, and I’m not saying it ruined my round but, it was a little unnerving and thank God for the bathroom facilities on 13.

"It's Harbourtown"

Jolter1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Terrific course which ate me up due to extreme windy conditions. Course in excellent shape.

"Great time at Harbor Town"

tjherzog's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2018

My wife and I played Harbor Town while in the Savannah area. We looked at it as a once in a lifetime types opportunity. For the time of year, I thought the course was in great shape. The staff was very friendly all the way from the bag drop to after the round refreshments. The course is very difficult. It was made even more difficult by winds of 20-30 mph. The course demands precision with every shot. Each group goes out with a forecaddie, which is a big assist for finding balls, getting yardage’s, course tactics, etc. if you have the chance, it is worth playing at least once.

"Just Divine"

slew0302's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/06/2018

From the moment we got to the bag drop, where the attendant said “You must be the Shipps,” every aspect of the experience was wonderful. The course was pristine. I was surprised at the generous width of the fairways. But as our forecaddie pointed out, you often need to be on the correct side of the fairway to have a clear shot at the green.

It was well worth the cost. Don’t miss the Pete Dye exhibit in the clubhouse.

"Great greens"

rathke's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/20/2018

The greens and fairways were in excellent shape. The greens were smooth and putted true. Awesome closing holes. Beware course is almost always cart path only and a forecaddie is required.

"One more checked off my bucket list"

don9290's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/02/2018

From the time you turn into the parking lot here it’s like a dream come true. The staff is first class. Donny, the caddiemaster, set our foursome up with Shea as a forecaddie and he did an outstanding job for everyone. The course played as tough as expected(shot a few strokes over my handicap). Coming down on 18 was wonderful. I even parred the 8th(#1 handicap).

Total cost with tax was $301. Worth every penny. If you’re in the area and can get a tee time, play it. You’ll always remember a great time.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2017

"Excellent Track!"

bandjhunt's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2017

Great layout! The fairways are tight and the greens are typical for a Dye layout. The staff was excellent!

2bjavens's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Had a great experience. It was a very hot and humid day, but there was plenty of water and iced towels to keep us as comfortable as possible. Our forecaddie TJ was awesome. He had a great attitude did a nice job with our foursome.

"Great layout"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/02/2017

Course was just punched. Not worth the money for the condition. Would love to play it before it was airation.

"Bucket list course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/22/2017

Definitely a course to play if you are in the area. You have to use a caddy so make sure you budget for it. Well maintained and beautiful layout.

"Great experience"

Calubar's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2017

My wife and I played on a Monday morning. The pace was good and our Fore Caddie, TJ, was great. He was very knowledgeable of the approach to the holes and made sure we had fun. He never failed to find our ball, even on some of our more errant shots. He took photos for us along the way. Conditions were excellent. The course has some beautiful and challenging holes. It is pricy, but it was the most memorable experience of our week in Hilto Head. I highly recommend playing here if you are in HH.

"What can I say!!!"

murphy14's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2017

Been waiting to play this course for years. Watched tourney on tv so many times that this time in Hilton Head we said we definitely we'd play and so we made our tee time. Our fore caddy Paul (every group has one) was great. No lost balls and he helped us read all putts. Greens have subtle breaks so if you play use their knowledge. Course was in great shape. Souls definitely play this again. Much better views then you see on tv.