Harbour Town Golf Links at Sea Pines Resort

Staff Friendliness

The Harbor Town Golf Links is one of three 18-hole courses at the Sea Pines Resort. It is constantly ranked one of the best courses in the area and in the U.S. Pete Dye, with help from Jack Nicklaus, who designed the course and it is touted as one of his finest courses. The par-71 course covers 7,099 yards of flat terrain. Harbor Town's sloping greens are small and covered in Tif Eagle grass. There are several challenging par 3s but the signature hole of the golf course is a tricky par 4. The infamous 18th hole is 458 yards that require a long tee shot towards the lighthouse. The breeze from the Calibogue Sound is definitely a factor in the difficulty of the hole.
The Sea Pines Resort - Harbour Town Golf Links
Heritage 71 7099 yards 75.6 148
Green (W) 71 5084 yards 69.8 126
Scorecard for Harbour Town Golf Links
Heritage M: 75.6/148 410 502 469 200 549 419 195 473 332 3549 451 436 430 373 192 588 434 174 472 3550 7099
Dye M: 73.3/144 392 495 411 187 511 404 172 435 322 3329 421 413 404 354 165 571 395 185 444 3352 6681
Sea Pines M: 71.4/136 W: 76.2/144 380 471 381 165 497 373 160 405 298 3130 398 387 376 339 148 541 361 159 414 3123 6253
Carolina M: 69.6/131 W: 74.1/137 347 424 355 155 485 360 148 380 283 2937 358 365 360 324 138 511 333 141 400 2930 5867
Palmetto M: 66.7/118 W: 69.8/126 330 383 315 140 427 318 113 309 267 2602 324 285 272 307 107 421 304 130 332 2482 5084

Year Built 1969
Fairways Celebration Bermuda Grass
Greens Tif-Eagle Bermuda Grass

Caddies Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Pace of Play in the U.S. (2016 #4)
  • Golf Advisor: Ginella's Top 50 U.S. Courses You Can Play (2016 #14) (2015 #13)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2016 #8)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Layout in the U.S. (2017 #18) (2016 #12)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in South Carolina (2017 #1) (2016 #1) (2015 #1)
  • Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2017 #17) (2016 #3)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Course Conditions in the U.S. (2016 #4)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Off-course amenities in the U.S. (2017 #7) (2016 #1)

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 17

Not worth the price

First, a beautiful course. Staff was very friendly. The problem is the caddie is not there so much to help you, but to get you off the course as fast as possible. It’s an easy course to walk but the pace the caddie pushed was too fast. He drug us along at 1.5 hours on the front nine. Play slowed on the back as we ran into other groups in the last two holes. Or pace was so fast that we waited for 30 minutes at the 17th tee and still no one behind us caught up. There was a youth tourney played on the back that day but if we had not been pushed at a 3 hour pace we would never of had to wait. Very disappointed that for that level of course and how much we paid to play it, that we were pushed that fast. Really didn’t get to enjoy the course as we should have. We also played the other sea pines courses. All staff very nice and Atlantic dunes was great, heron pointe had just been aerated but still a really nice course. I would play those two again but will not play harbor town again and would advise anyone going to Hilton Head to avoid harbor town. Many other great courses on Hilton Head less expensive and can play at a normal relaxed 4 hour pace.
Pace of Play Fair

Top 100

Pretty cool to play a course that is featured on the pga tour. Excellent design tight varied and hard! This is as challenging as it gets don’t let the lack of overall distance fool you. Lots of bunkers and trees. Top notch Dye design. Forecaddie was very good and fun. Knew the course well and excellent at reading outs which you will need. This course have almost 18 memorable holes not just hole 18 with the lighthouse
Course Conditions Good

Nice course - over rated

The course was in great condition. The RBC heritage golf tournament was in two weeks. The setup for the tournament had a lot of stands around the greens, ruining what should have been nice views. Although caddies appear to be required, none were available (or wanted for the additional expense). A nice trek with only two possible water view holes. Narrow fairways and lots of sand. Nice course if money is no object.
Course Layout Good
Staff was wonderful, course was world class. Pace was a little slow, but not unexpected. Neil, our forecaddy was awesome. Read every putt he was asked to, located almost every errant drive (and there were plenty) and was very personable. We got to play 2 days before the course was shut down ahead of the RBC Heritage, so it was in immaculate condition - greens were firm but read true. Paid a premium, but got what we paid for.

Great Course - Memorable Day - High Cost

It’s always fun to play a tournament course....but at $290 a player, the cost is a bit steep. None the less, I wanted my son to have the experience. We were extremely lucky - weather looked a bit sketchy but it turned out to be 75 and sunny. As a result, we had the course to ourselves and played in 3.5 hours. Our forecaddie was great. Since we were not staying in a Sea Pines property, we paid full fare for the round. You can do better if you book a package but we only had one day. $175 - $200 a player would get the course more play. Conditions were great. Greens were fast and true. Having the course to ourselves made the round fantastic but if we had to experience the typical 5 hour resort corse round, my review would be a lot less favorable. Bottom line: Would I play again? Sure, but only if the rate was under $200.Any more than that and it’s not really worth it. By the way, it’s much better to walk here than ride in a cart - the course is flat and if you ride, it’s cart path only.

Grand Experience

Great time at Harbour Town, our forecaddie Andy from London was awesome....good company and a great help on the course with where to put the ball and in reading the exceptionally small, immaculate, fast and true greens. Trees come into play on every hole if you are not careful. A real golfing experience.
Off-course amenities Good

The Real Deal

We took a group of 16 to Harbour Town on our annual golf trip. The entire experience was first class! When we got there we had lunch in the clubhouse locker room overlooking the course. Food was really good. Practice facilities were great although I must admit first time I’ve ever seen a house within striking distance on a range.The course conditions were perfect 1 month before tournament. Also the stands were up which gave it a cool feel. It is a very tight course good layout with the last 6 holes being very memorable. Last two holes best on the course! My caddie Brock was very knowledgeable and helpful.
Value for the Money Excellent

Rushed

I had a 1:30 tee time, I arrived at 12:50 so I would have time to warm up at the range, and putt on the putting green. I had hit about ten balls on the range when I heard someone calling my name. That’s when I was informed I’d be going off a lil early, and I asked when and the gentleman said “well actually now.” Which was around 1:15, I was informed my group was on the tee. Then I was notified we’d be playing the back first. I immediately left for the tee and the group had already left the tee and we’re in the 10th fairway, so I teed up and joined the group. I normally like to warm up, putt and make a bathroom run before I play, and I hate to be rushed in such a manner. The course was beautiful, Alex the fore caddie was great, and I’m not saying it ruined my round but, it was a little unnerving and thank God for the bathroom facilities on 13.
Staff Friendliness Good
Off-course amenities Good
Course Layout Good

It's Harbourtown

Terrific course which ate me up due to extreme windy conditions. Course in excellent shape.
Request A Vacation Quote From The Sea Pines Resort
Please provide your information below and a staff member at The Sea Pines Resort will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019