View from 18th at Harbour Town Golf Links at Sea Pines Resort

Style Links

The Harbor Town Golf Links is one of three 18-hole courses at the Sea Pines Resort. It is constantly ranked one of the best courses in the area and in the U.S. Pete Dye, with help from Jack Nicklaus, who designed the course and it is touted as one of his finest courses. The par-71 course covers 7,099 yards of flat terrain. Harbor Town's sloping greens are small and covered in Tif Eagle grass.

There are several challenging par 3s but the signature hole of the golf course is a tricky par 4. The infamous 18th hole is 458 yards that require a long tee shot towards the lighthouse. The breeze from the Calibogue Sound is definitely a factor in the difficulty of the hole.

The Sea Pines Resort - Harbour Town Golf Links

Available Sports

Tennis

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 18

Grand Experience

Great time at Harbour Town, our forecaddie Andy from London was awesome....good company and a great help on the course with where to put the ball and in reading the exceptionally small, immaculate, fast and true greens. Trees come into play on every hole if you are not careful. A real golfing experience.

The Real Deal

We took a group of 16 to Harbour Town on our annual golf trip. The entire experience was first class! When we got there we had lunch in the clubhouse locker room overlooking the course. Food was really good. Practice facilities were great although I must admit first time I’ve ever seen a house within striking distance on a range.The course conditions were perfect 1 month before tournament. Also the stands were up which gave it a cool feel. It is a very tight course good layout with the last 6 holes being very memorable. Last two holes best on the course! My caddie Brock was very knowledgeable and helpful.

Rushed

I had a 1:30 tee time, I arrived at 12:50 so I would have time to warm up at the range, and putt on the putting green. I had hit about ten balls on the range when I heard someone calling my name. That’s when I was informed I’d be going off a lil early, and I asked when and the gentleman said “well actually now.” Which was around 1:15, I was informed my group was on the tee. Then I was notified we’d be playing the back first. I immediately left for the tee and the group had already left the tee and we’re in the 10th fairway, so I teed up and joined the group. I normally like to warm up, putt and make a bathroom run before I play, and I hate to be rushed in such a manner. The course was beautiful, Alex the fore caddie was great, and I’m not saying it ruined my round but, it was a little unnerving and thank God for the bathroom facilities on 13.

It's Harbourtown

Terrific course which ate me up due to extreme windy conditions. Course in excellent shape.

Great time at Harbor Town

My wife and I played Harbor Town while in the Savannah area. We looked at it as a once in a lifetime types opportunity. For the time of year, I thought the course was in great shape. The staff was very friendly all the way from the bag drop to after the round refreshments. The course is very difficult. It was made even more difficult by winds of 20-30 mph. The course demands precision with every shot. Each group goes out with a forecaddie, which is a big assist for finding balls, getting yardage’s, course tactics, etc. if you have the chance, it is worth playing at least once.

Just Divine

From the moment we got to the bag drop, where the attendant said “You must be the Shipps,” every aspect of the experience was wonderful. The course was pristine. I was surprised at the generous width of the fairways. But as our forecaddie pointed out, you often need to be on the correct side of the fairway to have a clear shot at the green.

It was well worth the cost. Don’t miss the Pete Dye exhibit in the clubhouse.

Arizona Advisor

Great greens

The greens and fairways were in excellent shape. The greens were smooth and putted true. Awesome closing holes. Beware course is almost always cart path only and a forecaddie is required.

One more checked off my bucket list

From the time you turn into the parking lot here it’s like a dream come true. The staff is first class. Donny, the caddiemaster, set our foursome up with Shea as a forecaddie and he did an outstanding job for everyone. The course played as tough as expected(shot a few strokes over my handicap). Coming down on 18 was wonderful. I even parred the 8th(#1 handicap).

Total cost with tax was $301. Worth every penny. If you’re in the area and can get a tee time, play it. You’ll always remember a great time.

Excellent Track!

Great layout! The fairways are tight and the greens are typical for a Dye layout. The staff was excellent!

Had a great experience. It was a very hot and humid day, but there was plenty of water and iced towels to keep us as comfortable as possible. Our forecaddie TJ was awesome. He had a great attitude did a nice job with our foursome.

Great layout

Course was just punched. Not worth the money for the condition. Would love to play it before it was airation.

Bucket list course

Definitely a course to play if you are in the area. You have to use a caddy so make sure you budget for it. Well maintained and beautiful layout.

Great experience

My wife and I played on a Monday morning. The pace was good and our Fore Caddie, TJ, was great. He was very knowledgeable of the approach to the holes and made sure we had fun. He never failed to find our ball, even on some of our more errant shots. He took photos for us along the way. Conditions were excellent. The course has some beautiful and challenging holes. It is pricy, but it was the most memorable experience of our week in Hilto Head. I highly recommend playing here if you are in HH.

What can I say!!!

Been waiting to play this course for years. Watched tourney on tv so many times that this time in Hilton Head we said we definitely we'd play and so we made our tee time. Our fore caddy Paul (every group has one) was great. No lost balls and he helped us read all putts. Greens have subtle breaks so if you play use their knowledge. Course was in great shape. Souls definitely play this again. Much better views then you see on tv.

Harbor Town Golf at it's best

This is a beautiful golf course that is well maintained and fair, but challegening lay-out. Steve, our fourcaddie was super friendly and very helpful. I would recommend this course to anyone who can afford the greens fee!

Paid $199 to play and paired with a first time golfer

I have always wanted to play Harbortown during my many visits to HILTON HEAD. I have play many cheaper courses as a single knowing that it is pot luck as to who I play with. Seldom have had a bad experience. Today was different. Harbortown is a bucket list course with all of its history and PGA tournament. I ask the starter who I am paired with and he points to three guys at the 1st tee. We introduce ourselves and proceed to teeoff. The required fore caddie provides helpful instructions. Then things go terribly bad. The first time player, nice young man, polite, knows nothing about golf swing or cart sharing promptly hacks two balls in the pond. I say to myself, OK everyone has a bad start some days. This goes on for the rest of the round. I am cart partner and have to walk back the retrieve it numerous times because he does not know the away rule. Finally On the 18th tee, he tops three drives and the forecaddie Mike has done very little to remedy the situation all day so why start now. This should have been a special experience regardless of my score but it was not. Management should require proof of USGA handicap and pair accordingly. I would have gladly played later in another group.

Incredible golf course

The layout is amazing and very difficult. There is not much room for error on tee shots or around the greens. The entire course was over seeded when I played so the fairways and greens were lush. The most interesting feature of the course is that because the trees are such an important aspect of the layout, there are lighting rods in the trees to help prevent their destruction.

Request A Vacation Quote From The Sea Pines Resort
Please provide your information below and a staff member at The Sea Pines Resort will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: Jan 01, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020