Style Links

The Harbor Town Golf Links is one of three 18-hole courses at the Sea Pines Resort. It is constantly ranked one of the best courses in the area and in the U.S. Pete Dye, with help from Jack Nicklaus, who designed the course and it is touted as one of his finest courses. The par-71 course covers 7,099 yards of flat terrain. Harbor Town's sloping greens are small and covered in Tif Eagle grass.

There are several challenging par 3s but the signature hole of the golf course is a tricky par 4. The infamous 18th hole is 458 yards that require a long tee shot towards the lighthouse. The breeze from the Calibogue Sound is definitely a factor in the difficulty of the hole.

The Sea Pines Resort - Harbour Town Golf Links

Year Built 1969
Fairways Celebration Bermuda Grass
Greens Tif-Eagle Bermuda Grass
Architect Pete Dye (1969) Jack Nicklaus (1969) Alice Dye (1969) MacCurrach Golf

Caddies Yes

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 18

Checked another one off the bucket list

Played the Sunday after Hurricane Hermine just through. I was thoroughly impressed with the condition of the course considering the storm that just passed.

There was more brush, leaves and limbs off of the rough than normal, but all things considered, the course was in impeccable shape.

It's always fun to play a course you know well from watching it on TV. It was made even better by perfect weather and our fore-caddie, Shea. He was knowledgeable and made the day more enjoyable by his attitude and sense of humor.

More than met expectations

I'm on a modest income and happened to be in savannah on business and couldn't pass up the opportunity to play here. I was a little apprehensive over the steep price tag associated, but I can assure you that it was completely worth it.

I booked a couple hours ahead of time as a single and had no issues getting out. The course was closing early for maintenance that day (3pm) and I was lucky enough to be the last one out alone. I booked a caddie and walked the course for the full experience. DONT cart this course if you're only planning on playing it once, you really will miss out on the full experience if you do.

The staff was amazing from the time I arrived to the time I left. The staff and facilities are truly first class and ive never experienced a course quite like this one. Make sure to check out the locker room and restaurant as they are well worth your time.

The course itself was tough and punishes you if you aren't accurate. Work on your punch shots before coming and play it safe when you're debating a course of action on a shot! Greens were excellent, fast and true. Bunkers were a treat to play out of.

The pace of play was a little slow (5:10 round), but I expected to be slow as a single anyways, and honestly I couldn't have cared less. I had some great conversations with my caddie Rick who was truly top notch. I actually played really badly that day but he truly made the experience enjoyable despite that fact. Thanks again Rick, you're first class all the way!

Coming down 17 and 18 in the sunset was truly an amazing experience, almost surreal. If you have the chance to play this course do it, and if you can stand the heat try for an afternoon round to finish the same way I did as it adds even more to it. You won't be disappointed with this gem. I played The Club at Savannah Harbour the day prior and they don't even compare.

Harbour Town bucket list check

Great day in Hilton Head. Course in great shape. Very friendly and attentive staff from the moment you arrive to time of departure. Pretty stiff price but hey, the views on 17 and 18 pay for themselves. Only minor gripe was that there seemed to be maintenance staff everywhere. Generators and engines running, work vehicles zipping around, and tons of saws trimming branches. Felt like I was avoiding grounds staff on every hole or having them wait on me to finish a shot to rev up the engines again. Doesn't give a person a very relaxed feel. Great track and holes were a lot less intimidating than I thought. Bunkers were soooo pure. Glad to knock it off my bucket list...

Bucket List

If you get a chance to play the course at Harbour Town, do it, even if it costs you a few extra bucks. Having played around the country, I can confidently say that there is no other place quite like Harbour Town.

Even though the course had just been aerated, the greens were rolling and the overall experience wasn't hindered at all. Our fore caddy, Jimmy, obviously knew the course extremely well and was able to guide us effectively through the tricky layout. The only thing I would say is definitely walk, because it was carts on path for us, which became somewhat of a nuisance. The course seemed very walkable because it was so flat.

To be honest though, we could have paid full price to play the last three holes and been completely satisfied. As you walk up to sixteen green, you begin to see the water and realize why this course has been such a perennial favorite for PGA Tour golfers. One thing I would recommend is to take a tee shot from the PGA tees on 18 just to see what it feels like. Oh, and be sure to save your best swing for that tee shot because it is a large forced carry just to get to the landing area.

Incredible Golf Outing

A truly incredible golf experience for me! Has been on my golf bucket list for some time know and definitely lived up to all my expectations. Played the Tournament markers and what a test of golf. Gives you a whole appreciation of what the pros can do! Great staff and caddy Chris who did an incredible job with taking care of all our on course needs. Course was in excellent condition. Walked a lot with cart path only rules. Would have enjoyed walking the whole course as it is very walker friendly! Greens are very firm and quick and a lot of fun! Held a well struck shot with proper club selection! I hope I can do it again someday!

A review is really not needed..

If you are reading this review and contemplating if you should play the course or not - this course probably isn't for you - a review is really not needed..

This is a PGA tour spot. It's expensive. It's in perfect shape. It's really difficult. There are trees everywhere, luckily knocking wayward shots down. ProV's on the driving range. Amazing clubhouse and amenities. 17 and 18 have a gorgeous view of the water - looks better without the PGA grandstands as you see during the event on TV.

We had some bad afternoon thunderstorms roll through, causing a short delay. It was somewhat unsettling playing in the thunder, lightning and rain - but we were cautious, I guess..

This place is top notch. Expensive, but worth it. Check this one off the list!

amazing

I showed up and my clubs were immediately taken out and putt on a cart. First I went inside the massive clubhouse and payed for my round and went up to the locker room were all of the names from the rbc heritage were still up. In the locker room they had jars of candy and a server waiting to give you food. Outside there was a huge putting green chipping green and driving range. The The driving range had prov1 balls and about 15 targets to hit to. To start the round I paired up with to other guys and we got our forecaddie. Our forecaddie was amazing. He told us how to play each hole were to land it and was excellent with yardage and reading putts. I love the fact that harbour town is cart path only because it keeps the grass in perfect condition and is not constantly being run over by tires. Now to the course. Some people may say that the glory of harbour town comes in only two holes but I have to disagree. Every hole on the course amazed me. Huge trees lined every fairway and made the course very tight. On some holes you had to land it on the right quarter of the fairway or you would be blocked out by a tree. The approaches were even tighter and you had to be deadly accurate. On this course there was not a lot of rough because if you missed the fairway you were either in pine straw or waste bunker. The greens on the course we're like rocks, so firm and so fast. All of the Inland holes at harbour town were amazing and they got even better on 17 and 18. When u turned the corner on the dog leg 16th and saw the cabilugue song it was awesome. You could see for miles across the sound. Trying to hit the ball onto 17 was so hard because it was impossible to focus on the hole. 18 was the greatest hole I have ever played. I aimed right at the lighthouse and hit a perfect drive straight to it. The second shot was perfect and as I looked out onto the sound I realized how amazing this really was. Overall it was just a perfect majestic day.

Boston Advisor

What a fantastic experience

It was kind of a last minute decision to play here due to weather and wow did we make the right decision. They treat you as a one day member when you book a tee time including use of the locker room. Pro V1s on the range add to the experience as do the fore caddies. The layout is phenomenal as is the condition of the course. This is a must play if you visit HHi and in the summer make sure you call the pro shop to get the afternoon discount.

A Perfect Course

I recently played Harbour Town and this is my first time since the redesign. WHAT.AN.AMAZING.COURSE.

From the clubhouse to the fairways and greens, this is an incredible course. The greens are a bit hard right now since they recently re-opened but they roll fast and true. Can't wait to play again!

Beautiful Course

The course was in excellent condition from tee to green. Enjoyed the experience of having a fore-caddie to give us tips on how to play each hole as well as much-needed assistance locating our balls after errant tee shots.

If you're in the area, I would definitely recommend playing this course, but a bit pricey to play it regularly...

Got to play the course a month before the professional tournament. Could tell they were getting ready for it because the greens were getting firm. The overall course is in great condition.

Course is in perfect condition

Staff graciously let our team play last minute. Very professional and outgoing. Could easily tell they truly cared about your experience. Course was in great shape. The tees, fairways, and greens were all fantastic. Very neat to be able to play the course with the RBC Heritage Sunday pins as well as playing with the grandstands all set up around the course. Always fun to play a PGA Tour course and see how your scores stack up against theirs.

Unbelievable Champion Course

Although the course is not too terribly long, it makes up for it with doglegs, risk-reward opportunities, and challenging holes that require you to hit your spot and execute your plan effectively. It is definitely a champion style course, especially since we played it a few weeks before the RBC Heritage. The course also offers fantastic views of the harbour and brings in the natural beauty of the area. Harbour Town also presents a wonderful clubhouse full of amazing amenities including a well organized pro shop, superb restaurant, and a locker room that might as well be a Hall of Fame room. It was incredible experience, especially as an inspiring, young NCAA collegiate golfer. I would surely take the chance to play there again, as well as reference this course to friends and family.

Immaculate

We got to play this course a month before the professional tournament and it has to be the best time to play. The course is in perfect shape and the staff couldn't be more accommodating. Pictures are a must!

What a place!

Course is in fantastic shape and staff is also fantastic. Great facilities with all the small touches such as ProV1 Titleist range balls. You can easily see why it's the favorite course for many of the PGA Tour players. It always makes you think one or two shots ahead, so for example, if the pin is front left, you have to come in from the right side of the fairway, and, in order to have a direct angle to the right side of the fairway you have to tee off from the left side of the tee.

Good course

Had a great time. Course in good shape. Not sure it's worth $350

Put this on your bucket list .......

Beautiful place. If you can walk it, go for it. You'll get a better appreciation of surroundings. Greens are hard and ball may not hold. Staff does great job start to finish.

One of the best layouts on the PGA Tour

Some folks are disappointed to find out when they play Harbour Town for the first time that the majority of the course isn’t like the finishing holes on the sound. The truth is that those inward holes, while they don’t have saltwater views, are well thought-out, a tremendous challenge and never boring. From the very beginning, Harbour Town is a test in patience, which rewards the skilled golfer who’s willing to think his or her way around the golf course. Harbour Town also has one of the best collections of par 3s you’ll find anywhere, so it’s no surprise that the PGA Tour elite count this among their favorite courses on tour. And then there's the last three holes, among the best finishing stretches in golf, culminating with the 18th and the famous lighthouse. Add the outstanding clubhouse and brand new locker room, rated among the best in the country, and this is a five-star experience through and through.

Great experience

Worth the treat. Don't get a chance to play to many PGA tour courses. It was a great experience and may do it again.

Worth the price

Course had been closed for renovations until September. Fairways played soft and greens were extremely slow. Great test of golfing ability especially with swirling winds. All par 3s required a carry onto the green. Layout involved both long and short par 4s, several doglegs, water hazards and plenty of sand. High handicappers will struggle because greens were small and required a high ball flight to stay on the greens. Bermuda collars made chipping precise. The walk up 18 is very scenic.

Request A Vacation Quote From The Sea Pines Resort
Please provide your information below and a staff member at The Sea Pines Resort will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.