Port Royal - Robbers Row
Blue (W) 72 6311 yards 76.8 133
Scorecard for Robber's Row
Gold M: 72.7/134 322 484 405 207 384 558 370 173 420 3323 441 441 159 387 472 188 308 425 513 3334 6657
Blue M: 71.1/128 300 455 387 197 361 523 357 160 387 3127 426 424 137 368 448 160 300 413 508 3184 6311
White M: 69.4/123 W: 75.0/129 278 441 364 175 324 517 343 154 376 2972 392 409 128 358 444 149 276 390 483 3029 6001
Black M: 67.4/116 W: 71.6/127 265 420 345 164 315 480 312 143 320 2764 372 315 104 330 390 130 265 380 475 2761 5525
Green M: 64.4/113 W: 69.7/121 208 355 329 143 264 442 280 129 296 2446 282 303 104 324 384 84 232 293 432 2438 4884

Year Built 1967
Architect George Cobb (1967) Pete Dye (1994) Willard Byrd (1967)

Robbers Row review

We had tee times today at 7:48 and 7:56 am. We had a threesome and a twosome. The starter decided to send us off as a fivesome as long as we are committed to the pace of play. After nine holes we went to the 10 and another starter came up and said members were complaining About the five some and slow play. We finished the front 9 in 1 hour and 45 minutes. Very rude members.

Good But Not Great!

The staff was very kind and welcoming. However, the green just received aeration so extremely difficult to judge. The course played much slower than expected with slow groups and no ranger we experienced major backups. The course needs to manage the groups better! Pro shop was decent but not luxurious and the cart staff on course had limited selections of beer and drinks on a 90 degree day.

The layout was fun with some difficult holes but some easy iron tee par 4’s for 8 handicappers. A hot deal of $40 is fair, wouldn’t pay more than $50 for this course in its condition; July 15th!

New favorite course on island

This is my new favorite course on HHI. The staff could not have been friendlier or more gracious. The check in was efficient. I was helpfully matched up with a twosome and I don’t think we were forced to wait at a single hole. The course has many challenges but to my eye played fair. The greens were well maintained if a little quick.

Decent value for the experience

I'm not used to playing in the summer on HHI. Not sure what the normal prices are but seemed ok for not staying there. Usually play mid fall but I'm from Tampa so I'm used to the heat.

The course was in great shape except for a few burnt areas on a couple greens but that's to be expected this time and the pins were well away. There was on hole that was cart path only and one had minor drainage issues but no big deal.

I played decent from the blue tees but with some course knowledge or a yardage book probably would have shot an 80. I'm mainly talking about target lines for driving over trees, etc.

Staff was all very friendly. Could have been more frequent water coolers on the course but the cart girl was around frequently.

Great course with disappointing greens

I've played for quite a while and at my best was a +3 handicap and now play to a 6.8. I sometimes shoot over 80, but mostly it's a 78. Today at Port Royal, it was a 78. I had 8 bogeys and two birdies. I enjoyed every hole and took driver on each occasion except the first where I hit a long iron, one near the last that is a 270y par 4 where you can't see the green way left from the tee and par 3s (obviously). The final hole, you HAVE to bend your driver hard right or you need no more than 200y off the tee. The one thing that I did not enjoy about the course were the greens. The grass is a broad leaf that stands more than you want and the roll is not true. The ball bobbles and weebles and you will not enjoy putting here, if you expect the ball to roll online. I'd estimate the greens were rolling at an 8 or 9. Other than the greens, bring your own water because there wasn't any on the course, but there was a small water station behind the clubhouse before you head to the first tee.

Great conditionS

Very enjoyable round on Father’s Day! Course in great shape, greens very nice rolling true, good pace. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Excellent layout but not overly stressing from the white tees. Very good deal for the money, going back again this week.

Good until the end

Overall this course is worth every penny of a “hot deal”. A few of the tee boxes and some spots in fairways were less than ideal. Practice areas were very nice and starter and clubhouse staff were nice. Unfortunately, my cart died on 18. Not a huge deal, just carried the last half of 18. When bag attendant was told about it, he just waved me off with no care. He was the last impression of the course which is unfortunate as a simple “sorry about that” would’ve sufficed. Oh well, it’s Hilton Head, over a dozen other courses to choose from.

Plays Once a year

Course eval

Excellent experience all around. Staff extremely helpful. Appeared to enjoy work. No complaints. Well done!

Hilton Head

This course was nice greens rolled great without too much speed. All greens were in great shape with the rest of the course doing well also played here twice on the same day. Had a blast and would definitely play it again. Had a little problem with the starter as soon as we went to begin our round due to our round was not supposed to be on this particular course because it’s private. I booked on golf now so they let us play it anyways. Management handed our problem very well and were very kind and courteous. The starter just plain ol had a bad attitude with everything that came out of his mouth to everyone that was there and that deducted a star for me

Excellent Staff Good Course

Great resort course. Open fairways and gentle greens. Short from the White Tees. Blue or Gold Tees offer better challenge.

Southern hospitality

Great staff... very accommodating staff. Parts of the course was a little rough, I’m sure it was caused by the heat and lack of rain, although the greens were in excellent condition. The only reason for the four star on layout, is I do not care for a layout that forces you to lay up from the tee box on a par five, I think it should be the decision of the player to hit an iron from the tee on any par four or five (that’s the risk reward), although that seems to be the norm in HHI, played a few courses that the doglegs are so extreme that it’s impossible to reach in two, forced to hit a mid iron to the corner, and not reachable on the second shot.
I’ll definitely go back though.... the friendly welcoming atmosphere more than make up for forced lay ups...
Played both courses, and enjoyed both rounds and courses...
See y’all in September... Thank you for the Hospitality.

Thanks,
Duane.

Must play

Friendly staff, excellent service, and the course condition is excellent... course makes you think, I hit irons off of several tees, will definitely play again and with different strategy..

Rough and Greens in awesome shape!

We played this course in September and I wrote a review stating that the rough was too high and that we found cut gold balls everywhere where a lawnmower passed by but this time the rough was much shorter and we didn't loose as many balls. There was one or two holes where you could see where the previous holes were but about 16 of 18 greens were perfect. Best green that I have played on. Course is in great shape. Last time we played I was told that people who booked through Golf Now didn't get free range balls but this time I was told that people who book through Golf Now get free range balls. The biggest asset at this golf course and the reason that I keep coming back is the friendly staff.

Awesome golf day

Great weather, well manicured course, super putting greens, everything you could ask for in a round of golf on Hilton Head Island.

Robbers Row at Port Royal, lately has played in absolutely great condition. The fairways and tees are coming in nicely with the summer grass, but the greens are the best I have seen them in a while. The regrassing project they did on the greens a couple years ago, has paid off. The layout is perfect with a blend of easy holes and challenging holes typical of a Pete Dye design. The Staff and practice facility are both spectacular; the driving range is the greenest on HHI.

Nice layout

Greens perfect, maybe slightly slow if you want to be picky
Unfortunately the pace of play was slow, slow group in front of us and no one to check on pace of play
I still had a very enjoyable experience

Request A Vacation Quote From Heritage Golf Group
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Heritage Golf Group will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
4.2720882353