View of the 4th hole from the Heron Point at Sea Pines Resort

Restaurant

Banquet Facilities

Amazing Food 11

Outstanding

Played Heron Point this morning and it did not disappoint. It’s probably seen as the 3rd of the the 3 Sea Pines courses behind Harbour Town and Atlantic Dunes. But don’t be fooled. It’s a great course on its on. First, it’s in great shape. The tees and fairways were awesome. The greens held shots but rolled pretty fast. The layout itself is very interesting. Lots of dips and swales in the fairways and around the greens. Also several small pot bunkers around the greens. Most holes dogleg left or right. The fairways give you plenty of room. But their isn’t much rough. Generally you are in the fairway or OB. The course starts out with 3 short scores or par 4s. It finishes with a reachable par 5. And a classic dogleg left water all on the left par 4. It’s a fun play when on vacation in the area and worth it if you don’t mind shelling out the money.

Georgia Advisor

Great Course – TERRIBLE Service

I have played Heron Point several times and I have always enjoyed the course and have always had a great experience. However today, that all changed due to the attitude and service. Terrible service and attitude ruined what should have been a great day at a great course. When we arrived and dropped our bags off at the bag drop (we came in two separate vehicles) my friend requested two separate golf carts (to help maintain social distancing). The person at the bag drop gave my friend a hard time and said, “may I ask you why you want two separate carts?” He did not want to provide two carts until we finally insisted that we have separate carts (there is a COVID-19 pandemic going on). I asked for a towel and a cooler for ice so we could buy drinks in the snack bar and keep the drinks cool on a hot and humid day. The rude, belligerent bag stand attendant said, “No! We no longer provide towels and coolers due to Coronavirus.” However, on every cart there are two sand bottles for everyone to use and fill divots (but the attendant would not give a towel or cooler with ice due to Coronavirus). The temperature today was 88 degrees with 67% humidity. This course was the ONLY course we played in six days which would not provide a cooler when asked and requested. We played at two different courses at Palmetto dunes (provided coolers and ice when requested), two different courses at Port Royal (provided coolers and ice when requested) and Country Club of Hilton Head ((provided coolers and ice when requested). The only reason the rude bag drop attendant did not provide a towel or cooler was because he was mad that we had requested two separate carts and so he was NOT going to do ANYTHING to help or assist my friend nor I.

The golf course, as always, was in great condition and played great. The greens were fast and true, bunkers were in excellent condition fairways were lush and nice and overall the course conditions were fantastic. The pace of play was terrible for the first 9 holes due to a group with a child which was playing and holding up everyone behind them. One the par 3 hole #4, there were four groups of four on the hole. The group with the child was on the green putting, another group of four was on the tee box waiting to tee off and two other groups of four waiting behind the group on the tee box. Finally after hole #9 we saw a course marshal who said something to the super slow group because after hole #9 the pace of play picked up. Overall, the entire round took just over 5 hours.

The only thing I and my friend could talk about after what should have been a great day of golf at a great course was the awful service and attitude of the bag drop attendant who ruined the whole experience.

Great course.

Course was great a little wet from all the rain but played great. The only thing my wife and I has a problem with was a awevee in the bar, world's worst server. That was the only issue, other words it was great.

Commented on 05/29/2020

Thank you for your review. We apologize that you did not have a positive interaction with our bag drop attendant. The issue has been addressed internally, and we will use your feedback as we strive to provide a world-class experience to all of our golfers. At the same time, we have implemented a number of policies to ensure the health and safety of our employees and guests, including removing coolers and towels from the golf carts. If you would like to further discuss your experience, please feel free to contact me at jfarrell@seapines.com.

Best regards,
John F. Farrell
Director of Golf
Phone: 843.363.8383

Good course

Enjoyable well designed course. Conditions wet due to significant rain.

Reasonably Priced

Staff here is very good and the amenities are great. Course was in pretty good shape. Of the 3 Sea Pines courses, this would be the easier course. Don’t get me wrong, it’s challenging, but the Atlantic Dunes and HarbourTown are better. Pace of play average at about 4-1/4 hrs. Greens in good shape and quick. Worth playing at around $100.

Wonderful Course

Great conditions. Greens fast and true. Pace of play was perfect. Not as difficult as Atlantic Dunes but a joy to play.

Great course, except...

Beautiful course but we were charged ~$40.00 more at the course than what GN said that we were going to owe. Not cool!

Fun course

For the $ this course is the best !! Perfect greens , we’ll placed traps . Beautiful views.

Good Course, Service OK

The course was in fantastic shape and it was a perfect spring day. The closing stretch of holes heading back to the clubhouse were fantastic. Can't I remember any of the other holes, a stark contrast from Harbour Town and Atlantic Dunes.

One of our carts died on 16 and the number on the back of the scorecard wasn't leading to any person as we were told "the clubhouse closes at 7". Also didn't receive much of an apology for the inconvenience.

Great Course in Great Shape!

Layout: The course is extremely well designed. Each hole was different and there was a variety of challenges.

Conditioning: The entire course was in great shape. The other courses we have played this trip have had a lot of dried out tee boxes and dead spots on the fairways. Heron Point was in perfect shape all around. The greens were kind of hard, but they were perfectly green and rolled great.

Overall, Heron Point is a great course and it is in tremendous shape.

Great challenging course

Course was in great shape. Clubhouse and practice facilities were great. Staff was extremely friendly. Highly recommend the course to anyone in the area.

Nice course, better options

No complaints. Course was fun to play and in good condition. With so many good courses in area, Heron Point is on the pricier end without being a noticeably superior experience. HP was fine and I'm glad I played. Treated like a royal, but better value elsewhere for this intermediate level golfer.

Good condition

I have no complaints. Course was in good condition. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I found the course to be very fair, offering appopriate challenges for all levels of golfer. Visually appealing. Heron Point was great, but for me was pricey compared to other high quality courses in area. No regrets playing a good course. Lots of courses to choose from means my return visit to HP will be a lower priority than some other courses. That's more a statement on HHI as a great golf destination than deficiencies in Heron Point.

Beautiful Course, but just not for me.

This is a very nice course. Well maintained, Great staff, excellent off course amenities, I recommend it for the locker room alone. With all that said, it’s just not a course for me. I’m an intermediate level player, and the layout wasnt that enjoyable for me. The undulations in the fairways didn’t always reward you with a good lie following a nice tee shot.

California Advisor

Great Track!

Really enjoyed the layout and ambiance of the course. Track was in great shape from tee to green. Little pricy but is worth a play.

Wow!

Awesome course. Paid $160 but it was worth it. Course is in perfect condition. Great layout fairways and greens are in perfect condition.

Great course in excellent condition especially in the winter.

Request A Vacation Quote From The Sea Pines Resort
Please provide your information below and a staff member at The Sea Pines Resort will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
4.8019058824