Heron Point at Sea Pines Resort

Dye 72 7035 yards 74.0 140
Green (W) 72 5151 yards 71.6 123
Orange 72 3677 yards
Scorecard for Heron Point by Pete Dye
Dye M: 74.0/140 403 312 379 239 441 547 179 420 519 3439 367 617 413 157 414 470 233 489 436 3596 7035
Blue M: 72.3/132 376 286 363 208 380 539 164 412 514 3242 348 550 403 141 350 440 196 476 377 3281 6523
White M: 70.2/124 W: 75.5/138 321 268 332 160 349 508 143 386 492 2959 329 516 381 128 328 393 171 449 366 3061 6020
Gold M: 67.8/119 W: 72.7/131 312 260 309 130 311 495 119 360 480 2776 300 448 360 107 304 348 140 436 350 2793 5569
Green M: 66.3/110 W: 70.7/127 295 244 292 115 305 422 114 319 417 2523 281 448 310 107 304 326 134 401 317 2628 5151
Orange W: 62.0/104 199 206 232 103 241 296 91 237 273 1878 193 274 216 87 170 231 112 299 217 1799 3677

Year Built 1961
Greens Tif-Eagle Bermuda Grass

Caddies Yes

Amazing Food 10

Beautiful Course, but just not for me.

This is a very nice course. Well maintained, Great staff, excellent off course amenities, I recommend it for the locker room alone. With all that said, it’s just not a course for me. I’m an intermediate level player, and the layout wasnt that enjoyable for me. The undulations in the fairways didn’t always reward you with a good lie following a nice tee shot.

California Advisor

Great Track!

Really enjoyed the layout and ambiance of the course. Track was in great shape from tee to green. Little pricy but is worth a play.

Wow!

Awesome course. Paid $160 but it was worth it. Course is in perfect condition. Great layout fairways and greens are in perfect condition.

Great course in excellent condition especially in the winter.

Greens still recovering

I loved this course, but be aware of some short doglegs off the tee. I got into trouble a few times without knowing the course layout. The greens were still recovering from a recent punch (8 days earlier) - yes, I was aware of this in advance, so I pushed this course to my last day of vacation. They were pretty good, but I'm excited to get back out there and eat this course up next time! Thanks for having Yuenglings in the bev cart!

Course was in great condition. It was open in the afternoon so the pace was perfect.

We were not very impressed with the course. It was beautiful and the conditions were great, but we could play two, or maybe three times at other courses for the rate we paid here.

Grossly overpriced

Average course layout, average conditions, terrible value. I've played numerous courses with better layouts and conditions for half the price. Hard to believe it's a Dye course.

Do or Dyed

On a beautiful afternoon I just joined three other gentlemen for a round on the well conditioned Heron Point course at Sea Pines. The course was very well conditioned and the pace of play was very good. The course is well run by very competent staff from pro shop through to the rangers. The only issue was pin placement were tucked with numerous holes on slopes. The rest of my group left defeated and unlikely to play there again. I will return for the challenge and conditions!

Beautiful course

Beautiful course and well cared for greens. However, don't let the beauty distract you, it is a challenging course. Great time and I can't wait to return.

FOG

This was the 1st course of a 3 course golf package, The staff was very friendly from arrival and check in to getting range balls and getting me going to the 1st tee box. The fog was so thick that morning, I could only see 1/3 up the fairway and it stayed thick for most of the round. I was paired with a walking player who was familier with the course. I have to say it was a blurr but everything was in very good shape, the greens where fair but slow due to the heavy air ( sounds good ) my putting wasn't bad and I felt like I played ok after a 12 hour drive with an 8 30 tee time the next morning. I finished with a 96 a 46 on the front and 50 on the back. Too many double bogies on both sides. All in All I'm ok with it, playing for the 1st time. If you book a package make sure this is one of them.

Georgia Advisor

Always a Hilton Head favorite

Heron Point is always a Pete Dye favorite. I played here and the course was absoulutley packed. I played Harbour town this year so I went back which was supposed to be great. Heron Pointe and Harbour Town both recovered nicely after Hurrican Matthew. The staff was very nice and helpful and the clubhouse was a nice modern one. The practice facilites where great with two putting greens and a large driving range and 75 degree weather I couldn't ask for much more. The starter was very friendly and the course Itself was great my favorite holes were 9&18. Both holes had water the par three they are rising the green to see the ocean better was great even though you had to walk up a few steps. 11 was a fun hole that I made birdie on. The course was great and the bar and grill was phenomenal. Overall Heron Point was a great course and a great alternative for Harbour Town.

Heron Point

I have played this course quite a few times over the years and it has always been an excellent experience. Even after hurricane Mathew, the course has been cleaned up and is in terrific shape.. The staff here are always happy to help and give advise. Would I come back? 100% yes. Highly recommend it.

Spectacular

this is one of the finest tracks i have ever played. including a fair amount of private courses over the years and some top tier public. the price / value is 5 stars. I have paid $95 for a lot lesser tracks. and i very rarely give a course 5 stars, i am proud to be picky.

Pete Dye is a master of design and challenge. Greens are magnificent - very tough for a public course player, but fun. very true, extremely FAST. a mild criticism is that they are very firm, approach shots don't check much. Not much 'pro-V' action , as our guys call it.

Fairways, traps, tee boxes are meticulously kept and manicured. even great long handled rakes! also great warm up area (grass) and chipping / putting area.

a great experience. in fact, we played Sunday and that was after 36 on Saturday there. just a wonderful 2 days to wrap up our trip.

Love you Blue Heron! (and the alligator sightings are really cool too)

It's a breeze.

The wind was blowing quite steadily on the first tee and it kept up for most of the round. It never seemed to be at our back! The course is in beautiful shape- the tee boxes are almost suited for putting.

First Class Experience

A first class experience from start to finish. Every employee we encountered along the way -- and there were MANY there to help -- was very pleasant and helpful.

The course itself was in very good shape, including some very challenging soft fluffy sand. There were five sets of tees, plus a set of family tees that were for young children, which made the course a fair challenge for players of all abilities. I heard that the course had been "softened" around on and on the green, which is hard to imagine because we found the greens to be very challenging to putt as is. That said, this is not the most difficult Pete Dye course I have seen or played. It is a challenging course for a resort.

One thing I especially liked about Heron Point is the emphasis on playing a round in 4 hours. The starter emphasized this to us and we saw a few rangers along the way who were checking in on our pace of play. And, lo and behold, we finished in 4 hours.

We played on 4th of July weekend so they had an American flag on the stick at the 18th green. I was impressed that they included a stand next to the green to rest the flag stick on so the American flag itself wouldn't touch the ground.

At the end of the round you can pop into the locker room in the club house -- gentlemen, remove your hats -- and have some jelly bellies or other candies provided gratis. Get your car, collect your bags, duke the staff, and start planning your next trip to the course.

Great course apart fromt the greens

Really enjoyed playing this course, although the greens could have been in better condition. For the most part they ran true, but many of the greens had sections of new turf that did not appear to be meshing very well with the existing green.

Not a course for you if you don't like water!

Request A Vacation Quote From The Sea Pines Resort
Please provide your information below and a staff member at The Sea Pines Resort will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Daufuskie Island, South Carolina