2.4

Scorecard for Lago Vista
Gold M: 70.8/129 330 563 204 380 362 202 339 529 377 3286 495 372 199 367 336 544 369 407 204 3293 6579
Blue M: 72.6/134 322 512 182 346 352 165 322 519 347 3067 481 359 186 354 295 534 339 394 189 3131 6198
White M: 69.0/124 283 477 161 324 347 136 310 489 331 2858 468 346 172 340 277 507 327 381 175 2993 5851
Red W: 69.1/114 262 461 130 283 258 123 259 454 297 2527 456 333 160 327 246 389 323 368 83 2685 5212

Year Built 1971
Greens Bermuda grass

Amazing Food 10

Commented On 2019-01-29T20:24:26.000+00:00

Hello, we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for playing Lago Vista Golf Course!

Working hard to get course in shape from flood

The course is not in the best of shape but you could see they are working hard after the devastating flood. So yes you have washed out spots but give the grounds crew a break. Seen where carts were driven into mud, what's wrong with some lazy golfers. Some holes should be cart paths only to allow the course to heal.

Commented On 2019-01-24T20:24:07.000+00:00

Hello, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We appreciate your feedback and we are working on making improvements. Thank you for playing Lago Vista Golf Course.

There are a lot better courses to play

3 hours to play first 9 holes, on a Tuesday starting at 11:30. We were following a group of 5. There were singles and two groups of two golfers behind us that jumped past us only to find no where to go. No marshal to help speed up play. Two fairways unplayable due to rain runoff. When mentioned to the pro desk, the response was "there aren't any marshals on weekdays", so I guess any thing goes on weekdays. If you don't give a dam about other golfers or the course come here to play.

Commented On 2019-01-15T14:55:40.000+00:00

Hello, we're sorry pace of play was not up to par. We appreciate your feedback and we will escalate this matter to management. Thank you for playing Lago Vista Golf Course, we hope you give us another chance in the future.

never play it again if its in this condition

Course was bad. Fairways were dry and greens were in bad shape. The clubhouse was recently redone and the meal in bar was good and the beer was ice cold. They need to put some of this improvement money in the course

Commented On 2018-12-26T14:38:18.000+00:00

Hello, we apologize you didn't fully enjoy your round. Our goal at Lago Vista Golf Course is for every player to enjoy their experience. Thank you for playing, we hope you give us another chance in the future.

Disappointed

The good news is that it was only $30 for 18 holes with cart - the bad news is that it was overpriced! It was in rough shape and in need of some maintenance. The layout itself was tired and dated. I was disappointed and will not be back.

Commented On 2018-11-19T15:52:13.000+00:00

Hello, we're sorry you didn't fully enjoy your round. Our goal at Lago Vista Golf Club is for every player to enjoy their experience. Thank you for playing, we hope you give us another chance in the future.

Polar Bear Golf!

Couldn't pass up the Military Tee Deal of $20 plus 3 $20 deals after you played. Unfortunately the weather forecast was not in our favor. I was checking all week and it started out that it was going to be in upper 50s and only slight rain but by the time we went to play it was upper 40s and dropping fast . It wasn't that bad starting out, my buddy and I were layered up (the other 2 wussed out) and there was an occasional gust of wind but the front 9 wasn't too bad. we kept losing our balls in the rough which sucked. So we went in and warmed up with a hotdog and draft beer. BTW: the new snack bar draft beer is a little pricey at 6.50, I was used to the old prices. Back 9 was a lot colder but got real cold when we came off of 15 and got a blast off the lake on 16. it was getting dark by then, it took us almost 6 hours to finish and we had the whole course to ourselves but we did finish.

Commented On 2018-11-19T21:52:15.000+00:00

Hello, thank you for the great 4-star review! #LagoVistaGC

A little wet

Took the kids out there on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. The staff were so nice. They gave me a discount for my 12 year old to play. We had a great time. I really like this course - some fun holes. There was a group of about 10 that were playing in some kind of tournament that held everyone up at the end. They were frustrating. There is still some really flooded parts due to all the rain. But I highly recommend this course for the average golfer. They are good folks out there.

Commented On 2018-11-06T14:51:02.000+00:00

Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and a great value. Thank you for playing Lago Vista Golf Club! #LagoVistaGC

Greatly Improved Condition

Greatly improved condition since I played it last fall. Back to being a great place to play.

Commented On 2018-11-06T19:49:30.000+00:00

Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our good course conditions. Thank you for playing Lago Vista Golf Club! #LagoVistaGC

Greens and fairways are NOT worth the money or the travel

I love everything about this course...except the condition. The views are amazing, the layout is fair, but it is worth about $15 a round, not $35-45. I would much rather go to Avery or Crystal Falls for $10-$15 more. The greens at Lago are AWFUL! Slow, bumpy, fungus growing, dead areas, etc. when I take 4+ hours and $40 to play golf I expect the course won’t be unfair. If I hit a putt and it has the right speed and line it should go in. Not be bumped offline by a dead patch. The fairways are either hard pan and dead, or the grass is to tall. Very few good lies. I really want this course to be good because of the views and accessibility, but not worth the money of the golf isn’t good. It has a ton of potential if the city would sell it to an outside investor that could really make it better.

Commented On 2018-11-08T16:11:40.000+00:00

Hello, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We appreciate your feedback and we are working on making improvements. Thank you for playing Lago Vista Golf Course, we hope you give us another chance in the future.

Bad day

The course was in poor condition because of the rainfall in the past weeks. Some holes were even unplayable. As a result the fairway grass was quite long and soggy. That is not the way I know this course from the past, so I forgive the maintenance people for not getting the course in better shape until the water dries up.

I’ll be back!

Response from Lago Vista Golf Course on 10/04/2018:
Hello, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We appreciate your feedback and we are working on making improvements. We're glad you enjoyed our nice course layout and a quick pace of play. Thank you for playing Lago Vista Golf Course! #LagoVistaGC

Fun course, greens in rough shape

Greens were in rough shape, pro shop and grill being remodeled. Staff Texas friendly a usual and this course is a fun course to play.

Response from Lago Vista Golf Course on 09/27/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our friendly staff and fun course layout. Thank you for playing Lago Vista Golf Course!

Played with a retired veteran...

Had a great time playing with him, we really had a fun time playing together and we swapped contact information so we can play again.

Response from Lago Vista Golf Course on 09/27/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and a great value. Thank you for playing Lago Vista Golf Course! #LagoVistaGC
Response from Lago Vista Golf Course on 09/05/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our excellent views and a great value. Thank you for playing Lago Vista Golf Course! #LagoVistaGC

The greens are back !

We've been avoiding Lago Vista due to th greens but they're in great shape now. I was suprised at how nice they were, the rest of the course is looking good as well. The staff is great, you can tell they love their job and there is a lot of remolding going on but it's not in the way. Lago Vista is ready to play !

Response from Lago Vista Golf Course on 09/05/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our good course conditions and friendly staff. Thank you for playing Lago Vista Golf Course! #LagoVistaGC

Pretty, relaxing day

Lago Vista GC is a nice enough course, that could be excellent with more attention to maintenance. Fairways were better than the tee boxes, though some of the tee boxes were decent. I would have to say, though, that the greens are not going to help your game any. I'd call them hairy, but that wouldn't really tell the story. They are hairy, which makes them unpredictable, but they also have bare patches and tufts of foreign grasses sprouting up amongst the Bermuda. Don't get me wrong, I've seen worse, and not all of them are bad, but that's what makes it frustrating. With a good grounds keeper, they could get these issues under control, and really push this course to a new tier.

LVGC boasts fantastic views of the lake and there were only a few holes where we did not see deer grazing.

There are coolers of cold water spaced nicely throughout (about every other tee box), and there's a bathroom in the middle of each nine.

Best of all, in my opinion, they offer reasonably priced beer! This is especially remarkable for a good course, where you can typically expect to pay between $4 & $6 for a domestic. LVGC offers 5 domestic beers for $10, or you can pay $12 for premium. Now that's refreshing on a hot day.

Response from Lago Vista Golf Course on 09/05/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and nice course layout. Thank you for playing Lago Vista Golf Course! #LagoVistaGC

Oddly Challenging

Despite the length being relatively short, the course has a lot of blind holes and is fairly difficult for the average golfer. A few holes that overlook the lake and lots and lots of deer make for great scenery.

Worst Golf Value in Central Texas

You know you are in trouble when you start writing a negative review of a golf course before you even get to the fifth hole. I didn't expect this course to be great, but it was far worse than I feared.

A golf course can affect you in many ways. Some are inspiring in their beauty. Some are challenging in their design. Some are frustrating in various ways. But I've never played a golf course I would call depressing. That is, until today. Lago Vista is like the Bizzaro Country Club. Everything is backward. The structures and signage are in disrepair. The greens are uneven and inconsistent. Weeds are everywhere. One tee box would function better as a sand trap. The fairways are dried out in great yellow swaths. You would think a course so close to the lake could keep its fairways watered. What green grass there is on the fairways is often the length of rough. It is basically a cow pasture. Or deer pasture. That was its one redeeming feature. There are cute and cordial deer everywhere. Unfortunately, they are not enough to justify the $30 I would have tried to get refunded if I'd wanted to endure the ordeal of asking for it. Still, I felt ripped off.

The course is not difficult, and I didn't play poorly. But I quit after nine holes because it just wasn't fun being there. A golf course that charges $30 a round should present itself better. I've only walked off a course twice in my life. The first time was at a course in California where play was so slow it took 1 and 1/2 hours to complete four holes. The second time was today.

Response from Lago Vista Golf Course on 08/14/2018:
Hello, we're sorry you didn't fully enjoy your round. Our goal at Lago Vista Golf Course is for every player to enjoy their experience. Thank you for playing, we hope you give us another chance in the future.

Broke 90 on 60th Birthday

I took my 3 youngest of 6 kids with me for the first time and we all had a blast! I shot an 86 that day, the best day of golf I have ever had!

I was a little bummed that the snack bar wasn't open yet but I here it is now. Beautiful views of Lake Travis!

Finally Broke 90 on 60th Birthday!!!

I used the birthday special so that is why I did not have to pay. You can do this by getting on the email list. This is a great deal as other courses make you pay cart fee but you can use it one week before and one week after your birthday where as LV you have to play on your birthday. So I took my youngest monkeys with me as they had never been on a golf course before and bought there little driver and putter so they could hit and putt as my buddy and I played. They had a blast and the group behind us were real cool about it, we even offered to let them play thru and said they thought the kiddos were cute trying to hit the ball and were all for it. You wouldn't get that at Crystal Falls or Teravista with there snotty attitudes! Anyway, to make a short story long (haha) I finally broke 90 with an 86 on my 60th birthday after playing for 6 years! Best day ever and the greens and fairways are getting better. I can't wait for the new 19th hole to open up but they have a great beer deal, 5 for $10 and new carts with coolers built in. Give it a try, great online special also, 2 for $20 during the week.

Response from Lago Vista Golf Course on 08/08/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our birthday special and had a great round! Thank you for the excellent 5-star review, we hope to see you again soon! #LagoVistaGC
Response from Lago Vista Golf Course on 07/31/2018:
Hello, we're sorry pace of play was not up to par. We appreciate your feedback and we will escalate this to management. We're glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and nice course layout. Thank you for playing Lago Vista Golf Course.

Valid dates: Feb 11, 2019 - Mar 31, 2019