Beaver Course at Breckenridge Golf Club

Tournament 36 3220 yards N/A N/A
Club 36 2945 yards N/A N/A
Middle 36 2765 yards N/A N/A
Forward (W) 36 2393 yards N/A N/A

"SLOW Pace of Play, Excellent track"

AZGolfCoach's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2018

We greatly enjoyed the Elk and Beaver courses we played. The layout is straight forward, rewarding good shots and penalizing bad. The bunkers and fairways were in really good shape for this time of year, the greens however need time to heal from the winter. Pace of Play was terrible, over 5 hours. Player's Assistants were only seen twice, not offering any assistance to remedy pace of play. The scenery is majestic. We are going to attempt to fit one more round at Breck while we are here. Hopefully, the pace of play will be better and more respecting of the game of golf.

"Excellent Track but SLOW Pace of Play"

AZGolfCoach's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2018

We played the Elk and the Beaver. I found the Beaver to be more upfront and easier to navigate. The layout is typical Nicklaus; straight forward., rewarding good shots and penalizing bad. The course conditions were very good considering the golf season in Summit County has just begun. The fairways and bunkers were in good shape, the greens will need a few more weeks to heal. The major negative was pace of play, over 5 hours. We only saw a player's assistants twice. First time was on the third hole, she told us to expect a slow round, but there was nothing she could do because the pace had been established by a 90 cart, 180 person tournament earlier in the day. The second interface with player's assistant was when she told three totally drunk players from the tournament who felt because they had played in the event, drank their brains out during the awards ceremony, they could not jump in front of us as we made the turn. As a note, I cringe when a player's assistant (marshal) tells me there is nothing they can do about the pace of play. I marshal, on staff of 10+ High School and Junior tournaments a year, as well as on course rules for many more. If the course and marshal really want to maintain a pace of play respectful to the game, the can and will.

"Wow"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2017

Beautiful, great layout with lots of variety, challenging, great condition every time I play.

"Pricey course with perfect views"

Boomersooner007's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

I played this course while on vacation in Breck this past week. I waited until twilight because it was $85 with a cart vs $125-135, plus I needed to rent clubs so it was going to be expensive. For my wife and me to rent play twilight and rent clubs it was about $260. The course was great. Super challenging. A lot of dog legs and blind shots, but then one par 4 that was reachable from the tee box so it tempts you to go for it. Greens were in amazing shape. Bent grass, so soft you sank in when you walked on them and could easily stop your shot on the green, but were very quick putting. They were awesome! Fairways were soft, but a little patchy. I don't know if that's the normal or if they were working on it. Either way it was fun and challenging. If I lived in Breck, I would get a punch card and go back, but I can't afford $85-135/round regularly.

"Challenging but beautiful"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2016

Unfortunately, we were unable to complete our round due to a heavy hailstorm!

"A slice of paradise"

lwosick62's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/27/2016

This course and surrounding area are beautiful. The course is very challenging for less experienced golfers like me but still lots of fun and challenging for more experienced golfers like my husband. The course sits in an amazing Valley with 360° views that can't describes. It's is truly a slice of paradise.

"Spectacular Views"

camschetter's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Played the Elk/Beaver, courses were in excellent shape Great place to 'cool off' when it's hot along the Front Range.

"Disappointing"

carolewiczynski's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/19/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

For the price, this course should be made very easy to navigate for the many golfers playing here for the first time. NOT SO! Inadequate signage at decision points on cart paths, no course map on the scorecard. Too many "cart path only" holes, given the steep, hilly terrain where walking at 9000+ feet gets exhausting. At the price, bunkers should be pristine, not muddy and filled with course "sand" that's more the texture of ground gravel. Greens VERY hard, even a well played approach shot usually would not stay on the green. Our pace of play was extremely slow because we were paired with 2 players who took 2-3 practice swings on every shot + had excessive conversation going on + looking and looking for lost balls. And the 3 players behind us were playing "best ball", hitting into our fairway more than once. All in all, not a pleasant experience, and should I say again that it's overpriced??

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Fat Jack in the Rockies. Play it once!"

None's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2012

Over the summer of 2012 I played all 36 holes in one visit. I really like these courses, !BUT! it was painfully busy!! At the altitude they are you have to wait longer than normal to hit, and they pack you in tight so SLOW PLAY is a given unless you play late in the day. My morning and afternoon rounds easily took 3 hours (keep in mind that is for 9). My twilight round on the Elk was under 2.

The guy ringing me up (one of the Pros by the look of him) was one of the rudest people I have dealt with. I asked him what order I should play them in and he looked at me like I was an idiot. Sorry "man" I am not from Brekenridge!!

Beautiful golf with amazing views, but SLOW.