Estes Park Golf Course

Carts: Yes - $14

Credit cards accepted: MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed

Blue (W) 72 6400 yards 75.2 139

Course Layout: No ratings so far

"Nice course, rude ranger"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

This is a nice mountain course, with fairly narrow fairways, but mostly straight holes. Beautiful scenery, but they won't let you pause to take it in... The pro-shop staff was nice, asking where we were from, etc., and thanking us for visiting. Same with the starter.

The ranger, however, was extremely rude. On the 8th green, he rudely told our foursome that we must pick up the pace of play, since we had fallen behind the twosome in front of us. We tried to protest that we can't keep up with a twosome, and we weren't holding up anyone behind us, but were cut off, and he insisted "that's the way we play here, you keep up with the group in front of you" and he drove off. Never mind the fact that we were UNDER the pace of play expectations that are printed on the scorecard. We finished the front in 1:45. Then we caught up to a threesome at 12, and were waiting for them the rest of the round. No ranger appeared to tell them to pick it up.

I won't golf here again with ridiculous pace of pay expectations like that, coupled with a very rude ranger. It ruined an otherwise fun outing. Don't golf here if you think you might have to look for a lost ball every once in a while.

"A bit of mountain bliss"

Liv2Golf18's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

This course was my first mountain golf course. My father-in-law and I were paired with a great local couple. They were friendly, courteous & had some great input on how to play the course. The course is long but, with the light mountain air it plays much shorter. I struggled on club selection because the ball flew much farther than I was used to. The course was in great condition considering they had severe flooding a few months before we played it. Don't forget to have a drink after your round and enjoy the beautiful mountain scenery.