Style Traditional
Wedgefield Golf Club

Year Built 1965

Dress code Collared shirt, no cutoffs, denim ok

Plays Long 13

Rainout Makeup

Chalanging course with neat layout. close to home and great rate.

Big Improvement; Great Layout; Excellent Staff

I've been playing Wedgefield Golf Course since 2011 and have always enjoyed the layout, but the conditions varied. Currently, it is in excellent shape. It is well worth the cost and they also have a very fine restaurant. The Pork Chop entree is really good but the menu offers several options and priced very well. I would also recommend the Prime Rib special which they offer on some Friday's.

Great value and friendly staff

The course was in great shape. The green are in the beat shape I’ve ever seen since I’ve been golfing for the last 6 years at this course. All the staff(Pro Shop & restaurant) and the owner are very friendly nice people.

Commented On 09/11/2019

Thank you for your support. We continue to improve the golf course and look forward to having you visit in the future. PS: New green on hole one will open in October 2019

Badly In Need Of Attention

Nothing could prepare you for this golf course. The greens appear to be fairway grass and are cut 1/2-3/4 of an inch long. 50-60% of the greens are dirt and the cups are not moved very regularly. There is no "lip" to speak of and either grass is growing into the hole or chunks of dirt have fallen in or off. All greens need to be replaced. The layout is a very good mix of challenging holes and birdie holes. The bar is fun and it could be a great course, but it's not. Don't waste your time or money here for a while.

Commented On 09/11/2019

I apologize for the condition of the golf course earlier this year. Since your visit we have work tirelessly to improve all aspects of the golf course. We have rebuilt the first green which will open in October. .

This course was discusting

The green (if that what you would call them) were atrocious, every hole the greens were missing grass, the pin hole looked like it had never been changed, ever. the fairways were sprayed with some chemical which made it look like it had a light cover of snow on it. some of the tee markers were totted out. This was the worst golf course I have ever played in Florida. I should have asked for a refund!!!!!!!!

Commented On 09/11/2019

I am sorry about the condition of the golf course when you played. During the summer we have worked tirelessly to improve the condition of the golf course and hope will take the time to visit with us again.

Great Layout, Terrible conditions

The greens are unplayable! Good course if you can catch a hot deal. Otherwise don't waste your money. Can't keep a score due to unplayable greens. Not much fun unless it's free.

So much potential.

Course Getting Better

I have played this course before and left a review last year. I mentioned it was a solid starter course. I have not played in a while and wanted to give this another look. It looked better than when I played it the first time. Greens are still about the same, slow and need some work. However, fairways and tee boxes were in the best shape I have ever seen them. Pace of play was great as well. I don't necessarily need to rush but I also don't want others waiting on me. I will be coming here again.

Last minute find.

Course could have been in better shape. Many greens were messed up. The hot deal made it all worth it.

Florida Advisor

A Good course to Sharpen your Game but don't expect pristine conditions

With the prices of winter golf in Florida you could say with all earnest "you get what you pay for". Price for Wedgefield so decent for Sunday am but reviews are pretty accurate. Course was a tad below average with thin fairways (very hard in spots) and greens passable at best. The tee boxes were the best aspect of the course as they were level and consistent. I've always liked the layout but wished the course was in better condition. Still, I'd recommend for the simple reason that the course makes you think about where each shot has to be put to score well. That said, once you put your ball in those spots the course makes it difficult to execute the needed shot. Once you do get to the green, depending on where on the spotted green you land, it makes it a challenge to finish your plan. I'll be back but simply know that I'm going to get a round in and not expecting a lot of help from the course. Our girl checking us in was excellent, and she had to leave the desk to deliver some carts from the barn for golfers. Great job!

I'll be back

This course is a bit of a challenge due to yardage and sand trap placement. The only thing preventing a 5 star rating is the greens could be in better shape. I've played it once last year and twice this year. I'm looking forward to playing it again. This course has just enough water to make it interesting. The greens seem a little smaller than other courses I play but that just adds to the challenge. I do recommend this course. ENJOY !

Played Wedgefield Golf Club today. First time playing this course. Got a good deal on GolfNow at $29. Course was in pretty good shape. Some greens had some patchy spots but not too many. Putts rolled pretty true. Most of the fairways were in really good shape. Not much water to navigate but plenty of sand hazards to the sides of fairways and surrounding almost every green so you have to be fairly accurate. I played as a single in two hours and twenty minutes starting my round at 1:00. I played through 2 threesomes and 2 twosomes but was not hurrying. It was a pleasant round. I talked with the owner after my round and he mentioned several upcoming upgrades that he has in mind. I would definitely recommend this course.

?????

This course was in such awful condition you should remove it from your inventory. We paid for 2 days and aren't even going to waste the gas to return today. I'm 72 and have played since 13 and this is the worst conditions that I've ever finished a round in. We just pretended it to be a bad driving range with good targets.

valentine day

Course has great layout and price.
Condition not great, but improves every time we play.

Poor Greens

Course design is nice, but playing conditions sketchy. Greens quite poor.

Wash Out

Played 5 holes. Rained out. At tee time, radar in clubhouse indicated weather would clear in short time. It didn't. Waited for a while but drizzle was steady. No Rain Chk, called it a day

Take your money somewhere else unless it's below $20

Booked on Golfnow for $30 (total) and it was terrible. Cannot putt on greens, fairways are dormant, zero drinking water on the course. The layout actually has potential if the course were maintained at all to any type of standard. My understanding is that it changed ownership and now the new owner is spending no money--I do not know for sure. Go elsewhere unless you only want to get a very cheap round and do NOT care how you play.

A little hard to find the ball on the first tee off because of the leaves, but really liked the course layout.

Oviedo, Florida