Style Traditional
Wedgefield Golf Club

Year Built 1965

Dress code Collared shirt, no cutoffs, denim ok

Plays Long 13

Course needs work

Course was not busy at all(bad sign). Teed off early, tee boxes and fairways were not too bad. The greens were in rough shape, bare spots, long grass because I think they were trying to save them from being totally burned out.
No sand in the bunkers and what sand there was in there was hard and compacted.
Overall, we were very disappointed and will probably never go back.

Good shape and nice course, restaurant - MEH!

It has been about 5 years since I played on this course. Conditions were mediocre at best then and reviews were not good enough to make me want to go back. I played this course today as reviews had gotten better and a nice hot deal was enticing. I only saw one other person on the course so the pace of play was as fast as one would want. The course overall was in much better condition than I recall it from years ago. Fairways were mowed nicely, rough areas are maintained, greens were just fair and #1 was undergoing repair so a temp green was set up. I had a nice 2 1/2 hours playing this course and will certainly be going back again. After my round I stopped by the bar/restaurant to try the food. Today was chicken wings - 8 for $9. The wings were meaty, hot and nicely seasoned with the parm and garlic that I ordered. The fries came out cold. Not just warm but cold. The bar person, Donna, was not engaging at all and focused her conversations on three other guys at the bar. Donna's replacement was also not engaging and no one asked once how the food was or if I needed anything else. The ketchup bottle lid needed cleaning in the worst way, with ketchup all over the squeeze top on the inside - gross! I'll certainly play the course again but will not visit the restaurant again.

Commented on 09/29/2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are determined to improve the overall experience and i will be bringing up the issue regarding your meal and quality of service to our Restaurant manager. Work in progress as we bring the facility back to life.

Rainout Makeup

Chalanging course with neat layout. close to home and great rate.

Commented on 09/29/2019

We are continuing to improve the facility and thank you for your input.

Big Improvement; Great Layout; Excellent Staff

I've been playing Wedgefield Golf Course since 2011 and have always enjoyed the layout, but the conditions varied. Currently, it is in excellent shape. It is well worth the cost and they also have a very fine restaurant. The Pork Chop entree is really good but the menu offers several options and priced very well. I would also recommend the Prime Rib special which they offer on some Friday's.

Great value and friendly staff

The course was in great shape. The green are in the beat shape I’ve ever seen since I’ve been golfing for the last 6 years at this course. All the staff(Pro Shop & restaurant) and the owner are very friendly nice people.

Commented on 09/11/2019

Thank you for your support. We continue to improve the golf course and look forward to having you visit in the future. PS: New green on hole one will open in October 2019

Badly In Need Of Attention

Nothing could prepare you for this golf course. The greens appear to be fairway grass and are cut 1/2-3/4 of an inch long. 50-60% of the greens are dirt and the cups are not moved very regularly. There is no "lip" to speak of and either grass is growing into the hole or chunks of dirt have fallen in or off. All greens need to be replaced. The layout is a very good mix of challenging holes and birdie holes. The bar is fun and it could be a great course, but it's not. Don't waste your time or money here for a while.

Commented on 09/11/2019

I apologize for the condition of the golf course earlier this year. Since your visit we have work tirelessly to improve all aspects of the golf course. We have rebuilt the first green which will open in October. .

This course was discusting

The green (if that what you would call them) were atrocious, every hole the greens were missing grass, the pin hole looked like it had never been changed, ever. the fairways were sprayed with some chemical which made it look like it had a light cover of snow on it. some of the tee markers were totted out. This was the worst golf course I have ever played in Florida. I should have asked for a refund!!!!!!!!

Commented on 09/11/2019

I am sorry about the condition of the golf course when you played. During the summer we have worked tirelessly to improve the condition of the golf course and hope will take the time to visit with us again.

Great Layout, Terrible conditions

The greens are unplayable! Good course if you can catch a hot deal. Otherwise don't waste your money. Can't keep a score due to unplayable greens. Not much fun unless it's free.

So much potential.

Course Getting Better

I have played this course before and left a review last year. I mentioned it was a solid starter course. I have not played in a while and wanted to give this another look. It looked better than when I played it the first time. Greens are still about the same, slow and need some work. However, fairways and tee boxes were in the best shape I have ever seen them. Pace of play was great as well. I don't necessarily need to rush but I also don't want others waiting on me. I will be coming here again.

Last minute find.

Course could have been in better shape. Many greens were messed up. The hot deal made it all worth it.

Florida Advisor

A Good course to Sharpen your Game but don't expect pristine conditions

With the prices of winter golf in Florida you could say with all earnest "you get what you pay for". Price for Wedgefield so decent for Sunday am but reviews are pretty accurate. Course was a tad below average with thin fairways (very hard in spots) and greens passable at best. The tee boxes were the best aspect of the course as they were level and consistent. I've always liked the layout but wished the course was in better condition. Still, I'd recommend for the simple reason that the course makes you think about where each shot has to be put to score well. That said, once you put your ball in those spots the course makes it difficult to execute the needed shot. Once you do get to the green, depending on where on the spotted green you land, it makes it a challenge to finish your plan. I'll be back but simply know that I'm going to get a round in and not expecting a lot of help from the course. Our girl checking us in was excellent, and she had to leave the desk to deliver some carts from the barn for golfers. Great job!

I'll be back

This course is a bit of a challenge due to yardage and sand trap placement. The only thing preventing a 5 star rating is the greens could be in better shape. I've played it once last year and twice this year. I'm looking forward to playing it again. This course has just enough water to make it interesting. The greens seem a little smaller than other courses I play but that just adds to the challenge. I do recommend this course. ENJOY !

Played Wedgefield Golf Club today. First time playing this course. Got a good deal on GolfNow at $29. Course was in pretty good shape. Some greens had some patchy spots but not too many. Putts rolled pretty true. Most of the fairways were in really good shape. Not much water to navigate but plenty of sand hazards to the sides of fairways and surrounding almost every green so you have to be fairly accurate. I played as a single in two hours and twenty minutes starting my round at 1:00. I played through 2 threesomes and 2 twosomes but was not hurrying. It was a pleasant round. I talked with the owner after my round and he mentioned several upcoming upgrades that he has in mind. I would definitely recommend this course.

?????

This course was in such awful condition you should remove it from your inventory. We paid for 2 days and aren't even going to waste the gas to return today. I'm 72 and have played since 13 and this is the worst conditions that I've ever finished a round in. We just pretended it to be a bad driving range with good targets.

valentine day

Course has great layout and price.
Condition not great, but improves every time we play.

Poor Greens

Course design is nice, but playing conditions sketchy. Greens quite poor.

Wash Out

Played 5 holes. Rained out. At tee time, radar in clubhouse indicated weather would clear in short time. It didn't. Waited for a while but drizzle was steady. No Rain Chk, called it a day

Oviedo, Florida
3.9920588235
Titusville, Florida
4.1979176471
4.2084882353
Winter Park, Florida
Winter Springs, Florida

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.